|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Flag ages, what crop does he trample on the Baxter farm, meaning that there will be no cash for that crop this year?
2. Why are the Baxter men called to hunt with the Forresters after they initially declined?
(a) Because the wolves retaliated and killed one of the Forrester men.
(b) Because the Forresters weren't able to build traps that could contain the wolves.
(c) Because the poisoning didn't kill all of the wolves.
(d) Because the wolves are growing in numbers.
3. After their second calf is killed by Old Slewfoot, which of the following best describes the atmosphere as Penny and Jody hunt the bear?
(a) Filled with hate.
(b) Filled with awe.
(c) Filled with terror.
(d) Filled with hope.
4. What, does Penny explain, is the stage a deer goes through called "yearling"?
(a) The age of a deer right before it dies from old age.
(b) The age when a deer grows his horns.
(c) The in-between phase of maturity.
(d) The age of a newborn deer before it is called a fawn.
5. How does Jody plan to get to Boston?
(a) By walking.
(b) By wagon.
(c) By boat.
(d) By train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jody plan to enlist as a partner to save Flag from his fate?
2. What type of animal do the Baxter men witness dying when they return for their cured swamp grass?
3. What animal has been spit up from the river and now covers the ground in the woods?
4. What happens after Flag goes wandering through the house at night and nuzzles Ma while she is sleeping?
5. Where does the Baxter family plan to spend their Christmas holidays?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)