|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During a fight, what does Ma Baxter state that Penny's heart is made of?
2. When Penny and Jody finally arrive at Grandma Hutto's home, which of the following adjectives best describes the conversation between Ma Baxter and Grandma Hutto?
3. What does Jody make from the bright red Cherokee beans that he finds in the woods?
(a) A bean-soup for his family.
(b) A rattling musical instrument.
(c) A necklace for his mother.
(d) A collar for Flag.
4. Which of the following characters does NOT enter the woods to search for damages from the storm?
(a) Lem Forrester.
(b) Mill Wheel Forrester.
(c) Penny Baxter.
(d) Buck Forrester.
5. Who gives Jody a round box for his gunpowder for Christmas?
(a) Eulalie Boyles.
(c) Grandma Hutto.
(d) Fodder Wing Forrester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the meat that Old Slewfoot's body produced?
2. Which of the following is NOT mentioned as covering the ground in the woods?
3. Why does the Baxter family decide to slaughter their pigs before they are fattened?
4. How many species of animals were the Baxters able to find that had been spared from the plague?
5. Why have the Forrester brothers traveled to Kentucky at the time Flag reaches his fate?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)