|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the plague that is sweeping through the woods?
(a) Black Tongue.
(b) Black Plague.
(c) Black Widow.
(d) Black Death.
2. How many species of animals were the Baxters able to find that had been spared from the plague?
(a) Two species.
(b) No species was spared.
(c) Ten species.
(d) Three species.
3. Before Jody plans to leave, what statement does he repeat over and over to himself?
(a) "Flag's dead."
(b) "I am a killer."
(c) "I am alone."
(d) "I am a man."
4. How does Jody know that Flag has been eating the family's corn crop?
(a) He sees Flag eating the crop.
(b) He recognizes Flag's tracks in the dirt.
(c) He smells the corn on Flag's breath.
(d) Ma swears that she saw Flag with an ear of corn in his mouth.
5. After Christmas, how often do the Forrester brothers ride past the Baxter farm.
(b) About once a week.
(c) Every day.
(d) Very rarely.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what month of the year does Penny begin all his planting for the upcoming harvest?
2. As the family makes their way back home after the Christmas celebrations, what emotion best describes the way that Jody feels upon seeing his home again?
3. Who does Jody attempt to talk to on the way to Volusia, prompting him to deeply miss Fodder Wing?
4. In September, why must Jody always keep the fawn near?
5. Why doesn't Old Julia follow the yearling tracks that Penny finds in the woods?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)