|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, does Penny explain, is the stage a deer goes through called "yearling"?
(a) The in-between phase of maturity.
(b) The age when a deer grows his horns.
(c) The age of a deer right before it dies from old age.
(d) The age of a newborn deer before it is called a fawn.
2. What strange item does Jody attempt to eat to fend off his starvation?
3. With his father laid up in bed, how does Jody pass the month of February?
(a) Playing skip-rope with the neighbors.
(b) Hunting in the woods.
(c) Reading books in his bedroom.
(d) Working hard around the farm.
4. During what month of the year does Penny begin all his planting for the upcoming harvest?
5. After Flag breaks into the crops again, what does Penny ask Jody to do with the yearling?
(a) Sell him.
(b) Release him into the wild.
(c) Hide him from Ma.
(d) Shoot him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the plague that is sweeping through the woods?
2. After Christmas, what is Jody's main winter chore?
3. When the storm arrives, how many days does it last?
4. How does Jody respond to the second flutter mill that he builds?
5. What animal movement signals to Penny that bad weather might be coming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jody and Penny witness the maimed wolf doing on their land, and what is their response?
2. After Flag dies, how does Jody plan to escape to Boston?
3. How does Penny propose that they get the fabric Ma requested for her Christmas dress?
4. Why are the Baxter and Forrester men glad that Fodder Wing is not alive to prowl the woods with them?
5. How does it happen that Jody kills his first bear?
6. What prompts Jody to change his opinion of Twink?
7. How is Penny injured while he is trying to uproot a tree trunk?
8. What is the response to Jody's ability at planting the tobacco seeds?
9. What plan does Jody concoct to try to save Flag from being shot?
10. What happens when Jody is asked to pen Flag?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)