|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alcoholic beverage do all but Jody drink at the Forrester home?
(b) Malt beer.
(c) Black whiskey.
(d) Grape wine.
2. Penny and Jody come across what animals swinging in a sapling tree?
(c) Bear cubs.
3. Which of the following words finishes this phrase from the Forrester home: "I'm so hungry, my ______ thinks my throat is cut"?
4. How many dogs does the Baxter family own?
5. Where has Oliver Hutto been living, before he returns to Grandma Hutto's home?
(a) In the desert.
(b) On a small island.
(c) Out at sea.
(d) Deep in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Penny and Jody are traveling to the Forrester home, which stories does Penny tell his son?
2. What does Jody promise to feed the fawn if he is allowed to take it home?
3. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
4. Penny and Jody see a type of "dancing" bird while they are out fishing. What type of bird is it?
5. When Jody arrives at Fodder Wing's home with his new fawn, what news is he greeted with?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Penny realizes that the hogs are missing, what does he do?
2. How does the Baxter family feel about the need to have a watering well?
3. What does Fodder Wing tell Jody about the magnolia tree, and what is Jody's reaction?
4. What happens during Fodder Wing's burial service?
5. How did Fodder Wing earn his nickname, and what was the result of his accident?
6. What plan does Jody concoct to persuade his parents that he is mature enough to take on the fawn as a pet?
7. What happens when Jody goes swimming at Grandma Hutto's house?
8. What happens when the Forrester boys wake up, thinking that they hear a "varmint" scratching around their mother's bedpost?
9. How is the Baxter family's limestone sinkhole divided?
10. How does the Baxter family prepare the buck that Penny shoots with his new gun?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)