|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Penny's gun misfire, missing the bear that he is hunting?
2. After his father's attack, what chore does Jody complete on his own for the first time in his life?
(a) Bailing the hay.
(b) Plowing the fields.
(c) Milking the cows.
(d) Feeding the horses.
3. After his father's attack, what relationship does Jody have with the animal that attacked him?
(a) He swears to avenge his father's attack.
(b) He kills the animal that attacked his father.
(c) He dreams about the animal that attacked his father.
(d) He is forever terrified of the animal that attacked his father.
4. Who takes Jody into the woods in search of the fawn?
(b) Fodder Wing.
(c) Mill Wheel Forrester.
(d) Buck Forrester.
5. How long does Penny say Julia must mend before she will be well enough to hunt Old Slewfoot again?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is injured during the first hunt of Old Slewfoot?
2. What emotion does Jody admit to feeling when he kills an animal during a hunt?
3. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
4. What does Jody see his father do, which prompts him to believe his father will live?
5. From whom does Penny borrow a mare to travel home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jody and Mill Wheel discuss while they are out in the woods searching for the fawn?
2. How is Jody injured during the fight between Oliver Hutto and the Forrester men?
3. How does Buck Forrester teach Jody to rob a bee hive?
4. How does Oliver react to hearing the news that Lem Forrester has claimed Twink as his sweetheart?
5. What significant even happened when Jody Baxter was two years old?
6. What does Jody realize when he visits Fodder Wing's collection of pets after Fodder Wing's death?
7. How did Fodder Wing earn his nickname, and what was the result of his accident?
8. After the fistfight, what does Oliver ask of Jody, and what is Jody's response?
9. How does the Baxter family feel about the need to have a watering well?
10. How do each of Jody's parents react to the fact that he has been rambling in the woods all morning rather than doing his chores?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)