|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words is used to describe the color of Jody's hair?
2. What does Jody admit to eating, which he believes has caused his upset stomach?
(a) Half-ripe berries.
(b) Poisonous plants.
(c) Curdled milk.
(d) Undercooked meat.
3. What overwhelming feeling does Jody feel when he is cleaning out the sinkhole?
4. When Jody is sick in bed, what is Ma worried will kill him if not properly treated?
(a) A high fever.
(b) Dehydration from vomiting.
(c) A parasite in his stomach.
(d) A measles rash.
5. After the encounter with the Spaniard, what type of animal does Jody watch feeding its young?
(a) A bear.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A fox.
(d) A raccoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Oliver gets into a fight, how many of the Forrester men does he fight at once?
2. Who does Oliver leave the dinner table to visit, infuriating Jody?
3. How many babies did Penny Baxter and his wife bury before Jody was born?
4. When Jody sees Oliver to say goodbye, what does Oliver ask Jody to do for him?
5. How does Jody express himself when he tells his father about his insights into nature?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jody eats half-ripe berries from the woods?
2. After holding the buck skin, what realization does Jody make about his relationship with the animals on his family's land?
3. What do Jody and Mill Wheel discuss while they are out in the woods searching for the fawn?
4. What does Jody do in the middle of the night after Old Slewfoot has been killed and everyone has fallen asleep?
5. How does the Baxter family feel about the need to have a watering well?
6. How is Julia injured by Old Slewfoot?
7. While Penny and Jody are hunting for Grandma Hutto, a buck is killed. Describe both Jody's and Penny's roles in the buck's death.
8. When Penny realizes that the hogs are missing, what does he do?
9. What reaction does Jody have when Old Slewfoot kills the Baxter family's pregnant sow?
10. What does Fodder Wing tell Jody about the magnolia tree, and what is Jody's reaction?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)