|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the ferry ride across the river, what does Jody think about?
(a) The way his father has changed.
(b) Twink's beauty.
(c) Oliver's imperfections.
(d) Fodder Wing's animals.
2. Which of the following is NOT used as a description of Oliver Hutto?
(a) Red-tinged hair.
(b) Tanned skin.
(c) Gray eyes.
(d) Muscled shoulders.
3. What does Jody admit to eating, which he believes has caused his upset stomach?
(a) Undercooked meat.
(b) Half-ripe berries.
(c) Curdled milk.
(d) Poisonous plants.
4. What information about Fodder Wing does Jody learn from Fodder Wing's brother while they are in the woods together?
(a) That Fodder Wing can walk again.
(b) That Fodder Wing will be going on vacation.
(c) That Fodder Wing is ill.
(d) That it is Fodder Wing's birthday.
5. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
(c) Weeping willow.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Oliver gets into a fight, how many of the Forrester men does he fight at once?
2. From whom does Penny borrow a mare to travel home?
3. How many sons do the Forresters have?
4. Buck considers what animals to be vandals in the cornfield?
5. What does the Baxter family suspect happened to the missing animals?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Penny realizes that the hogs are missing, what does he do?
2. What plan does Jody concoct to persuade his parents that he is mature enough to take on the fawn as a pet?
3. What does Fodder Wing tell Jody about the magnolia tree, and what is Jody's reaction?
4. How does Buck Forrester teach Jody to rob a bee hive?
5. How is Julia injured by Old Slewfoot?
6. After the fistfight, what does Oliver ask of Jody, and what is Jody's response?
7. How does the Baxter family feel about the need to have a watering well?
8. What does Jody do in the middle of the night after Old Slewfoot has been killed and everyone has fallen asleep?
9. After living through the fistfight, what does Jody realize about Oliver Hutto?
10. While Penny and Jody are hunting for Grandma Hutto, a buck is killed. Describe both Jody's and Penny's roles in the buck's death.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)