|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alcoholic beverage do all but Jody drink at the Forrester home?
(b) Grape wine.
(c) Black whiskey.
(d) Malt beer.
2. How many babies did Penny Baxter and his wife bury before Jody was born?
3. How does Jody express himself when he tells his father about his insights into nature?
(a) He has no interest in telling his father what he thinks about nature.
(b) He finds that he cannot properly express himself.
(c) He finds that he is able to express himself eloquently.
(d) He finds that his father is not interested in what he has to say.
4. How many times does Penny's gun misfire, missing the bear that he is hunting?
5. Why does Grandma Hutto allow Jody to return home after the fistfight?
(a) Because she doesn't have room in her house for him.
(b) Because Penny demanded to take Jody home.
(c) So that his mother won't worry about his recovery.
(d) Because he didn't have any serious injuries.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Ma Baxter's opinion of the Forrester family?
3. Penny and Jody see a type of "dancing" bird while they are out fishing. What type of bird is it?
4. What is the name of Grandma Hutto's little white dog?
5. What type of albino animal is caught in Penny's trap?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Baxter family's limestone sinkhole divided?
2. After the fistfight, what does Oliver ask of Jody, and what is Jody's response?
3. How is Jody injured during the fight between Oliver Hutto and the Forrester men?
4. How does the Baxter family prepare the buck that Penny shoots with his new gun?
5. What do Jody and Mill Wheel discuss while they are out in the woods searching for the fawn?
6. What happens when Jody eats half-ripe berries from the woods?
7. How has the Baxter farm changed from the beginning of summer to the end, in August?
8. What happens when Jody goes swimming at Grandma Hutto's house?
9. After Fodder Wing's death, what does Jody realize about nature?
10. When Penny realizes that the hogs are missing, what does he do?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)