|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vegetable is Jody hoeing on the day that he wants to visit Fodder Wing with his new fawn?
(a) Sweet potatoes.
2. How are Penny and Jody greeted by the Forrester family?
(a) With open arms.
(b) With suspicion.
(c) With terror.
(d) With animosity.
3. What baby animal does Jody see while he is running to fetch the doctor?
(a) A baby bear.
(b) A baby deer.
(c) A baby fox.
(d) A baby badger.
4. What animal attacks Penny while he and Jody are searching for the missing farm animals?
(a) A rattlesnake.
(b) A colony of fire ants.
(c) A badger.
(d) Old Slewfoot.
5. What information about Fodder Wing does Jody learn from Fodder Wing's brother while they are in the woods together?
(a) That Fodder Wing is ill.
(b) That Fodder Wing can walk again.
(c) That it is Fodder Wing's birthday.
(d) That Fodder Wing will be going on vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
2. Why doesn't the Baxter family own a well?
3. What does Jody give to Doc in exchange for healing his father?
4. Buck considers what animals to be vandals in the cornfield?
5. What is the name of Lem Forrester's sweetheart?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Fodder Wing's death, what does Jody realize about nature?
2. What plan does Jody concoct to persuade his parents that he is mature enough to take on the fawn as a pet?
3. After the fistfight, what does Oliver ask of Jody, and what is Jody's response?
4. While walking to the fishing hole, what does Penny inform Jody about the Minorcans?
5. After holding the buck skin, what realization does Jody make about his relationship with the animals on his family's land?
6. What happens when the Forrester boys wake up, thinking that they hear a "varmint" scratching around their mother's bedpost?
7. What happens when Jody goes swimming at Grandma Hutto's house?
8. What happens during Fodder Wing's burial service?
9. How does the Baxter family prepare the buck that Penny shoots with his new gun?
10. How has the Baxter farm changed from the beginning of summer to the end, in August?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)