|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Grandma Hutto's little white dog?
2. After his father's attack, what relationship does Jody have with the animal that attacked him?
(a) He dreams about the animal that attacked his father.
(b) He swears to avenge his father's attack.
(c) He kills the animal that attacked his father.
(d) He is forever terrified of the animal that attacked his father.
3. Who chooses the new name, Flag, for Jody's new fawn?
(a) Ma Baxter.
(b) Lem Forrester.
(c) Ma Forrester.
(d) Fodder Wing.
4. As Penny and Jody are traveling to the Forrester home, which stories does Penny tell his son?
(a) Stories of the Russian Barbarians.
(b) Stories of the Spanish explorers.
(c) Stories of the Greek Gods.
(d) Stories of the Roman Emperors.
5. Who is watching over Jody when he awakens from the fistfight?
(a) Lem Forrester.
(b) Oliver Hutto.
(c) Grandma Hutto.
(d) Fodder Wing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does all the work on the farm while Jody is sick in bed?
2. What does Jody admit to eating, which he believes has caused his upset stomach?
3. When Oliver gets into a fight, how many of the Forrester men does he fight at once?
4. How deep is the Baxter family's sinkhole?
5. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Baxter and Forrester men glad that Fodder Wing is not alive to prowl the woods with them?
2. What happens to make the Baxter family realize that Old Slewfoot has returned?
3. How does the family react to seeing the first frost of the year?
4. How does it happen that Jody kills his first bear?
5. How do each of Jody's parents react to the fact that he has been rambling in the woods all morning rather than doing his chores?
6. After Fodder Wing's death, what does Jody realize about nature?
7. After hunting the wolves in the woods, why must Penny put all his trust in Buck Forrester?
8. What prompts Jody to change his opinion of Twink?
9. How does the Baxter family feel about the need to have a watering well?
10. How is Penny coping with his groin injury at the time of Flag's bad behavior?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)