|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What baby animal does Jody see while he is running to fetch the doctor?
(a) A baby bear.
(b) A baby fox.
(c) A baby deer.
(d) A baby badger.
2. On the ferry ride across the river, what does Jody think about?
(a) Twink's beauty.
(b) Oliver's imperfections.
(c) Fodder Wing's animals.
(d) The way his father has changed.
3. Who is with Jody when he thinks he sees the helmeted Spaniard?
(a) Ma Baxter.
(b) Fodder Wing.
4. When Oliver gets into a fight, how many of the Forrester men does he fight at once?
5. Which of the following is NOT a watering trough at the Baxter family sinkhole?
(a) A birdbath trough.
(b) A laundry washing trough.
(c) A swine watering trough.
(d) A livestock watering trough.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jody realizes that a bear or raccoon may not be a good option for a pet, what does he ask his mother for instead?
2. When the Baxter hogs were returned, what was included as a supposed peace offering?
3. How does Ma Baxter feel about Buck Forrester staying in their home?
4. Buck considers what animals to be vandals in the cornfield?
5. Which of the following words might Jody use to describe his day in the woods in the opening chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reaction does Jody have when Old Slewfoot kills the Baxter family's pregnant sow?
2. What does Fodder Wing tell Jody about the magnolia tree, and what is Jody's reaction?
3. How does Oliver react to hearing the news that Lem Forrester has claimed Twink as his sweetheart?
4. After Fodder Wing's death, what does Jody realize about nature?
5. When Penny realizes that the hogs are missing, what does he do?
6. What do Jody and Mill Wheel discuss while they are out in the woods searching for the fawn?
7. How is the Baxter family's limestone sinkhole divided?
8. What plan does Jody concoct to persuade his parents that he is mature enough to take on the fawn as a pet?
9. While walking to the fishing hole, what does Penny inform Jody about the Minorcans?
10. How does the Baxter family prepare the buck that Penny shoots with his new gun?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)