|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following instruments is NOT present in the Forrester family's late night jam session?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A piano.
(c) A fiddle.
(d) A whiskey jug.
2. What does Lem Forrester trade to Penny in exchange for the fiest?
(b) An animal pelt.
(c) A gun.
(d) A sack of food.
3. Which of the following does Jody do to Lem Forrester, attempting to protect Oliver during the fight?
(a) Bites his wrist.
(b) Kicks his shin.
(c) Punches his back.
(d) Spits on his shoes.
4. What does the Baxter family suspect happened to the missing animals?
(a) They suspect that animals have fallen into the stream.
(b) They suspect that the Forrester family stole them.
(c) They suspect that Old Slewfoot got at them.
(d) They suspect that they wandered into the woods.
5. Penny and Jody come across what animals swinging in a sapling tree?
(a) Bear cubs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information about Fodder Wing does Jody learn from Fodder Wing's brother while they are in the woods together?
2. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
3. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
4. How many babies did Penny Baxter and his wife bury before Jody was born?
5. What part of Old Slewfoot's body is offered to Buck Forrester to take home to his ailing family member?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Julia injured by Old Slewfoot?
2. What happens during Fodder Wing's burial service?
3. While walking to the fishing hole, what does Penny inform Jody about the Minorcans?
4. How has the Baxter farm changed from the beginning of summer to the end, in August?
5. What happens when Jody goes swimming at Grandma Hutto's house?
6. When Penny realizes that the hogs are missing, what does he do?
7. What does Jody do in the middle of the night after Old Slewfoot has been killed and everyone has fallen asleep?
8. What does Fodder Wing tell Jody about the magnolia tree, and what is Jody's reaction?
9. After living through the fistfight, what does Jody realize about Oliver Hutto?
10. How does Oliver react to hearing the news that Lem Forrester has claimed Twink as his sweetheart?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)