|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jody admit to eating, which he believes has caused his upset stomach?
(a) Poisonous plants.
(b) Curdled milk.
(c) Half-ripe berries.
(d) Undercooked meat.
2. What vegetable is Jody hoeing on the day that he wants to visit Fodder Wing with his new fawn?
(c) Sweet potatoes.
3. How many babies did Penny Baxter and his wife bury before Jody was born?
4. Which of the following best describes Doc Wilson?
(a) He is a terrible doctor.
(b) He is a drunk.
(c) He is a thief.
(d) He is practically blind.
5. Penny and Jody see a type of "dancing" bird while they are out fishing. What type of bird is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Oliver leave the dinner table to visit, infuriating Jody?
2. What is the name of Grandma Hutto's little white dog?
3. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
4. How many dogs does the Baxter family own?
5. How does Ma Baxter feel about Buck Forrester staying in their home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Forrester boys wake up, thinking that they hear a "varmint" scratching around their mother's bedpost?
2. What reaction does Jody have when Old Slewfoot kills the Baxter family's pregnant sow?
3. How did Fodder Wing earn his nickname, and what was the result of his accident?
4. What happens when Jody eats half-ripe berries from the woods?
5. After Fodder Wing's death, what does Jody realize about nature?
6. What happens during Fodder Wing's burial service?
7. How does the Baxter family feel about the need to have a watering well?
8. Jody and his father have what reaction to Fodder Wing's baby raccoon?
9. After holding the buck skin, what realization does Jody make about his relationship with the animals on his family's land?
10. What does Jody do in the middle of the night after Old Slewfoot has been killed and everyone has fallen asleep?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)