|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of albino animal is caught in Penny's trap?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) An eagle.
2. What does Fodder Wing feed to his dogs?
(a) Smaller animals.
(b) He doesn't feed them.
(c) Dog food.
(d) Table scraps.
3. When Jody realizes that a bear or raccoon may not be a good option for a pet, what does he ask his mother for instead?
(a) A fawn.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A trout.
4. Why doesn't the Baxter family own a well?
(a) Because they didn't like the taste of well water.
(b) Because Ma thinks that wells are unclean.
(c) Because they can't afford the labor to dig one.
(d) Because wells haven't been invented yet.
5. Which of the following words finishes this phrase from the Forrester home: "I'm so hungry, my ______ thinks my throat is cut"?
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day that Jody returns from the Forrester's home, what meat does Penny have cooking in the smokehouse?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Ma Baxter's opinion of the Forrester family?
3. What does Jody see his father do, which prompts him to believe his father will live?
4. Which of the following is NOT a watering trough at the Baxter family sinkhole?
5. As Penny and Jody are traveling to the Forrester home, which stories does Penny tell his son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jody injured during the fight between Oliver Hutto and the Forrester men?
2. How does the Baxter family feel about the need to have a watering well?
3. How does Buck Forrester teach Jody to rob a bee hive?
4. How has the Baxter farm changed from the beginning of summer to the end, in August?
5. How is the Baxter family's limestone sinkhole divided?
6. After the fistfight, what does Oliver ask of Jody, and what is Jody's response?
7. What happens when the Forrester boys wake up, thinking that they hear a "varmint" scratching around their mother's bedpost?
8. While walking to the fishing hole, what does Penny inform Jody about the Minorcans?
9. How does Oliver react to hearing the news that Lem Forrester has claimed Twink as his sweetheart?
10. Jody and his father have what reaction to Fodder Wing's baby raccoon?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)