|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the ferry ride across the river, what does Jody think about?
(a) Oliver's imperfections.
(b) The way his father has changed.
(c) Fodder Wing's animals.
(d) Twink's beauty.
2. Who is with Jody when he thinks he sees the helmeted Spaniard?
(a) Ma Baxter.
(c) Fodder Wing.
3. As Jody watches the animal with its young, what does he realize about nature?
(a) That humans and animals will never be fully connected.
(b) That nature has a way of rebirthing itself.
(c) That Fodder Wing will always be alive in the animals.
(d) That the animal kingdom is a cruel place to live.
4. While hunting for Grandma Hutto, how many bucks do Penny and Jody kill?
5. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
2. Who is the only person that the Forrester men feel comfortable sharing their grief with?
3. What is the name of Lem Forrester's sweetheart?
4. Who does all the work on the farm while Jody is sick in bed?
5. Which character says that they would like a chance to "whup that bear"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Jody and his father have what reaction to Fodder Wing's baby raccoon?
2. What does Fodder Wing tell Jody about the magnolia tree, and what is Jody's reaction?
3. After living through the fistfight, what does Jody realize about Oliver Hutto?
4. What happens when Jody eats half-ripe berries from the woods?
5. What happens during Fodder Wing's burial service?
6. While walking to the fishing hole, what does Penny inform Jody about the Minorcans?
7. How is Jody injured during the fight between Oliver Hutto and the Forrester men?
8. What plan does Jody concoct to persuade his parents that he is mature enough to take on the fawn as a pet?
9. What does Jody do in the middle of the night after Old Slewfoot has been killed and everyone has fallen asleep?
10. What do Jody and Mill Wheel discuss while they are out in the woods searching for the fawn?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)