|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jody sees that his mother is in a bad mood, on what does he compliment her in an attempt to cheer her mood?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) Her good looks.
(c) Her clean home.
(d) Her sewing abilities.
2. When Jody arrives at Fodder Wing's home with his new fawn, what news is he greeted with?
(a) That the Forrester family has moved.
(b) That Fodder Wing has died.
(c) That the Forrester family is once again in a feud with the Baxter family.
(d) That Fodder Wing has run away.
3. Which of the following has Penny Baxter always felt closest to?
4. When Oliver gets into a fight, how many of the Forrester men does he fight at once?
5. What does the Baxter family suspect happened to the missing animals?
(a) They suspect that Old Slewfoot got at them.
(b) They suspect that the Forrester family stole them.
(c) They suspect that they wandered into the woods.
(d) They suspect that animals have fallen into the stream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Jody into the woods in search of the fawn?
2. Why doesn't the Baxter family own a well?
3. Which of the following words might Jody use to describe his day in the woods in the opening chapter?
4. After being accused of having Eulalie Boyles as his sweetheart, what does Jody throw at Eulalie Boyles?
5. After the bee hunt, who kills Old Slewfoot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to make the Baxter family realize that Old Slewfoot has returned?
2. After the fistfight, what does Oliver ask of Jody, and what is Jody's response?
3. After holding the buck skin, what realization does Jody make about his relationship with the animals on his family's land?
4. After living through the fistfight, what does Jody realize about Oliver Hutto?
5. What happens during Fodder Wing's burial service?
6. What happens during the middle of the night, prompting Ma Baxter to ban Flag from entering the house?
7. How did Fodder Wing earn his nickname, and what was the result of his accident?
8. Jody and his father have what reaction to Fodder Wing's baby raccoon?
9. Describe the events directly contributing to Flag's death.
10. After Flag dies, how does Jody plan to escape to Boston?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)