|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Jody when he thinks he sees the helmeted Spaniard?
(a) Ma Baxter.
(c) Fodder Wing.
2. What does Lem Forrester trade to Penny in exchange for the fiest?
(a) A sack of food.
(c) A gun.
(d) An animal pelt.
3. While hunting for Grandma Hutto, how many bucks do Penny and Jody kill?
4. How does Ma Baxter feel about Buck Forrester staying in their home?
(a) She is incredibly excited.
(b) She is warming to him.
(c) She is completely apathetic.
(d) She is outraged at the idea.
5. What gift does Oliver bring back from his adventures for Jody?
(a) A hunting knife.
(b) A small umbrella.
(c) A rusty mouth organ.
(d) A raccoon-skin knapsack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alcoholic beverage do all but Jody drink at the Forrester home?
2. How many dogs does the Baxter family own?
3. What does Fodder Wing feed to his dogs?
4. From whom does Penny borrow a mare to travel home?
5. Who takes Jody into the woods in search of the fawn?
Short Essay Questions
1. After holding the buck skin, what realization does Jody make about his relationship with the animals on his family's land?
2. What happens when Jody goes swimming at Grandma Hutto's house?
3. What happens during Fodder Wing's burial service?
4. What do Jody and Mill Wheel discuss while they are out in the woods searching for the fawn?
5. How did Fodder Wing earn his nickname, and what was the result of his accident?
6. After Fodder Wing's death, what does Jody realize about nature?
7. How does the Baxter family prepare the buck that Penny shoots with his new gun?
8. Why does Penny shoot the doe while out searching for his missing hogs?
9. After living through the fistfight, what does Jody realize about Oliver Hutto?
10. How does Buck Forrester teach Jody to rob a bee hive?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)