|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being accused of having Eulalie Boyles as his sweetheart, what does Jody throw at Eulalie Boyles?
(a) A dime.
(b) A rock.
(c) A harmonica.
(d) A potato.
2. When Jody sees Oliver to say goodbye, what does Oliver ask Jody to do for him?
(a) Pick up his medicine from the doctor's office.
(b) Deliver a message to Twink.
(c) Punch Lem Forrester the next time he sees him.
(d) Pray for his healing wounds.
3. What emotion does Jody admit to feeling when he kills an animal during a hunt?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the lunchtime meal that Jody and his father eat at the Forrester home?
5. At what time must Jody finish all of his chores before he is allowed to visit Fodder Wing?
(a) 3 p.m.
(b) 9 a.m.
(c) 5 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information about Fodder Wing does Jody learn from Fodder Wing's brother while they are in the woods together?
2. Which of the following is NOT a watering trough at the Baxter family sinkhole?
3. Which of the following is NOT used as a description of Oliver Hutto?
4. How does Ma Baxter feel about Buck Forrester staying in their home?
5. Which of the following instruments is NOT present in the Forrester family's late night jam session?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Baxter and Forrester men glad that Fodder Wing is not alive to prowl the woods with them?
2. What happens to make the Baxter family realize that Old Slewfoot has returned?
3. At the end of winter, how does the family feel about Old Slewfoot's meat?
4. How do each of Jody's parents react to the fact that he has been rambling in the woods all morning rather than doing his chores?
5. What does Jody realize when he visits Fodder Wing's collection of pets after Fodder Wing's death?
6. What reaction does Jody have when Old Slewfoot kills the Baxter family's pregnant sow?
7. How does the family react to seeing the first frost of the year?
8. How is the Baxter family's limestone sinkhole divided?
9. After living through the fistfight, what does Jody realize about Oliver Hutto?
10. How can Jody tell that Flag is beginning to mature into a buck?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)