|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many dogs does the Baxter family own?
2. When Jody realizes that a bear or raccoon may not be a good option for a pet, what does he ask his mother for instead?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A trout.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A fawn.
3. What does Jody see his father do, which prompts him to believe his father will live?
4. How are Penny and Jody greeted by the Forrester family?
(a) With suspicion.
(b) With terror.
(c) With animosity.
(d) With open arms.
5. After the encounter with the Spaniard, what type of animal does Jody watch feeding its young?
(a) A bear.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A fox.
(d) A squirrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jody arrives at Fodder Wing's home with his new fawn, what news is he greeted with?
2. What is the name of Grandma Hutto's little white dog?
3. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
4. From which character did Penny earn the nickname "Leetle ol' Penny Baxter"?
5. Why doesn't the Baxter family own a well?
Short Essay Questions
1. After living through the fistfight, what does Jody realize about Oliver Hutto?
2. What happens when the Forrester boys wake up, thinking that they hear a "varmint" scratching around their mother's bedpost?
3. How does the Baxter family feel about the need to have a watering well?
4. What does Jody do in the middle of the night after Old Slewfoot has been killed and everyone has fallen asleep?
5. How did Fodder Wing earn his nickname, and what was the result of his accident?
6. When Penny realizes that the hogs are missing, what does he do?
7. Jody and his father have what reaction to Fodder Wing's baby raccoon?
8. What happens when Jody goes swimming at Grandma Hutto's house?
9. How does Buck Forrester teach Jody to rob a bee hive?
10. What does Fodder Wing tell Jody about the magnolia tree, and what is Jody's reaction?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)