|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is saddened.
2. What does Lem Forrester trade to Penny in exchange for the fiest?
(a) A gun.
(c) An animal pelt.
(d) A sack of food.
3. When Oliver gets into a fight, how many of the Forrester men does he fight at once?
4. Who does Oliver leave the dinner table to visit, infuriating Jody?
(b) Mr. Boyles.
(c) Lem Forrester.
(d) Fodder Wing.
5. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
(d) Weeping willow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
2. What is the name of Grandma Hutto's little white dog?
3. Which of the following is NOT used as a description of Oliver Hutto?
4. Which of the following words finishes this phrase from the Forrester home: "I'm so hungry, my ______ thinks my throat is cut"?
5. What object is used to play the game "Mumbledepeg"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Baxter family's limestone sinkhole divided?
2. How does the Baxter family prepare the buck that Penny shoots with his new gun?
3. How is Jody injured during the fight between Oliver Hutto and the Forrester men?
4. While walking to the fishing hole, what does Penny inform Jody about the Minorcans?
5. What plan does Jody concoct to persuade his parents that he is mature enough to take on the fawn as a pet?
6. How does the Baxter family feel about the need to have a watering well?
7. What happens when the Forrester boys wake up, thinking that they hear a "varmint" scratching around their mother's bedpost?
8. After holding the buck skin, what realization does Jody make about his relationship with the animals on his family's land?
9. After Fodder Wing's death, what does Jody realize about nature?
10. While Penny and Jody are hunting for Grandma Hutto, a buck is killed. Describe both Jody's and Penny's roles in the buck's death.
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)