Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the meat that Old Slewfoot's body produced?
2. Why does Lem Forrester throw Penny against the wall?
(a) Because he believes that Penny killed Fodder Wing.
(b) Because he believes that Penny is abusing his dog.
(c) Because he believes that Penny lied to him.
(d) Because he believes that Penny stole from him.
3. What, does Penny explain, is the stage a deer goes through called "yearling"?
(a) The age of a newborn deer before it is called a fawn.
(b) The age when a deer grows his horns.
(c) The age of a deer right before it dies from old age.
(d) The in-between phase of maturity.
4. How does Jody plan to get to Boston?
(a) By wagon.
(b) By train.
(c) By boat.
(d) By walking.
5. After Penny injures himself uprooting the tree stump, why won't he call for Doc Wilson?
(a) Because he knows the doctor is away on business.
(b) Because he will have to pass through the Forrester property to get there.
(c) Because he still owes the doctor money.
(d) Because he no longer trusts the doctor's judgment.
6. Why don't Penny and Jody follow Old Slewfoot when they see him crossing the river?
(a) Because Jody can't swim.
(b) Because their dog won't go in the water.
(c) Because Penny can't swim.
(d) Because the water is too cold for them to survive the crossing.
7. Who is the only member of the Baxter family to kill one of the invading wolves?
(a) Old Julia.
(c) Ma Baxter.
8. While searching the woods, what animal do the men discover has migrated north?
(a) The squirrels.
(b) The bears.
(c) The panthers.
(d) The deer.
9. Why have the Forrester brothers traveled to Kentucky at the time Flag reaches his fate?
(a) To sell the bear cubs.
(b) To play cards.
(c) To start working a new farm.
(d) To trade horses.
10. How does Jody respond to the second flutter mill that he builds?
(a) It brings him comfort.
(b) It brings him amusement.
(c) It brings him terror.
(d) It brings him no joy.
11. With his father laid up in bed, how does Jody pass the month of February?
(a) Reading books in his bedroom.
(b) Working hard around the farm.
(c) Playing skip-rope with the neighbors.
(d) Hunting in the woods.
12. In what month does the Baxter family experience their first frost of the year?
13. At the end of the novel, what does Jody realize is the only thing that can bring him comfort?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His future.
(d) His own death.
14. Which of the following characters does NOT enter the woods to search for damages from the storm?
(a) Lem Forrester.
(b) Mill Wheel Forrester.
(c) Buck Forrester.
(d) Penny Baxter.
15. What is Buck Forrester's response to his brother's accusation of Penny Baxter?
(a) He believes that both men are telling their own truths.
(b) He believes that both men are lying.
(c) He believes his brother is telling the truth.
(d) He believes that Penny is telling the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal movement signals to Penny that bad weather might be coming?
2. Why does the Baxter family decide to slaughter their pigs before they are fattened?
3. What does Jody make from the bright red Cherokee beans that he finds in the woods?
4. Where does Jody hope to sell Flag to keep him away from his father's gun?
5. Which of the following adjectives does Penny use to describe Jody's hunting skills down by the watering hole?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)