|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being accused of having Eulalie Boyles as his sweetheart, what does Jody throw at Eulalie Boyles?
(a) A rock.
(b) A potato.
(c) A dime.
(d) A harmonica.
2. When Jody sees Oliver to say goodbye, what does Oliver ask Jody to do for him?
(a) Punch Lem Forrester the next time he sees him.
(b) Deliver a message to Twink.
(c) Pray for his healing wounds.
(d) Pick up his medicine from the doctor's office.
3. Which of the following words is used to describe the color of Jody's hair?
4. What does Buck stuff into the bee hive to trick the bees out of it?
(c) His T-shirt.
(d) A smoke bomb.
5. What type of albino animal is caught in Penny's trap?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) An eagle.
6. Buck considers what animals to be vandals in the cornfield?
7. Which of the following words finishes this phrase from the Forrester home: "I'm so hungry, my ______ thinks my throat is cut"?
8. After his father's attack, what relationship does Jody have with the animal that attacked him?
(a) He dreams about the animal that attacked his father.
(b) He is forever terrified of the animal that attacked his father.
(c) He kills the animal that attacked his father.
(d) He swears to avenge his father's attack.
9. How does Ma Baxter feel about Buck Forrester staying in their home?
(a) She is completely apathetic.
(b) She is incredibly excited.
(c) She is warming to him.
(d) She is outraged at the idea.
10. On the day that Jody returns from the Forrester's home, what meat does Penny have cooking in the smokehouse?
11. Which of the following instruments is NOT present in the Forrester family's late night jam session?
(a) A piano.
(b) A whiskey jug.
(c) A fiddle.
(d) A guitar.
12. How does Jody express himself when he tells his father about his insights into nature?
(a) He finds that he is able to express himself eloquently.
(b) He finds that his father is not interested in what he has to say.
(c) He has no interest in telling his father what he thinks about nature.
(d) He finds that he cannot properly express himself.
13. What vegetable is Jody hoeing on the day that he wants to visit Fodder Wing with his new fawn?
(c) Sweet potatoes.
14. Who does all the work on the farm while Jody is sick in bed?
(b) Lem Forrester.
(d) Fodder Wing.
15. What alcoholic beverage do all but Jody drink at the Forrester home?
(a) Grape wine.
(b) Malt beer.
(c) Black whiskey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Baxter family suspect happened to the missing animals?
2. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
3. Which of the following is NOT a watering trough at the Baxter family sinkhole?
4. What does Jody see his father do, which prompts him to believe his father will live?
5. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)