|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alcoholic beverage do all but Jody drink at the Forrester home?
(a) Black whiskey.
(c) Malt beer.
(d) Grape wine.
2. How many dogs does the Baxter family own?
3. Which of the following has Penny Baxter always felt closest to?
4. When Jody sees Oliver to say goodbye, what does Oliver ask Jody to do for him?
(a) Punch Lem Forrester the next time he sees him.
(b) Pray for his healing wounds.
(c) Deliver a message to Twink.
(d) Pick up his medicine from the doctor's office.
5. How long does Penny say Julia must mend before she will be well enough to hunt Old Slewfoot again?
(a) One week.
(b) One year.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
6. Who does Oliver leave the dinner table to visit, infuriating Jody?
(a) Mr. Boyles.
(b) Lem Forrester.
(d) Fodder Wing.
7. After being accused of having Eulalie Boyles as his sweetheart, what does Jody throw at Eulalie Boyles?
(a) A potato.
(b) A rock.
(c) A dime.
(d) A harmonica.
8. What does Jody give to Doc in exchange for healing his father?
(a) The baby fawn.
(b) The gun traded from the Forresters.
(c) His coonskin knapsack.
(d) His new hunting knife.
9. What is the name of Grandma Hutto's little white dog?
10. What does Penny say about Jody after the fistfight?
(a) That he has become a man.
(b) That he has acted childishly.
(c) That he will be punished severely.
(d) That he has earned the right to own his own pet.
11. Penny and Jody see a type of "dancing" bird while they are out fishing. What type of bird is it?
12. Who is with Jody when he thinks he sees the helmeted Spaniard?
(a) Fodder Wing.
(b) Ma Baxter.
13. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
14. What animal from the Baxter family farm was killed by Old Slewfoot?
(a) A cow.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A horse.
(d) A pig.
15. When Jody is sick in bed, what is Ma worried will kill him if not properly treated?
(a) A measles rash.
(b) A parasite in his stomach.
(c) A high fever.
(d) Dehydration from vomiting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jody promise to feed the fawn if he is allowed to take it home?
2. What does Buck stuff into the bee hive to trick the bees out of it?
3. What baby animal does Jody see while he is running to fetch the doctor?
4. After his father's attack, what chore does Jody complete on his own for the first time in his life?
5. What new baby animal, the newest in his collection, does Fodder Wing show to Jody?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)