|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many babies did Penny Baxter and his wife bury before Jody was born?
2. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is saddened.
(d) He is terrified.
3. Who does Oliver leave the dinner table to visit, infuriating Jody?
(a) Fodder Wing.
(b) Mr. Boyles.
(d) Lem Forrester.
4. What information about Fodder Wing does Jody learn from Fodder Wing's brother while they are in the woods together?
(a) That Fodder Wing can walk again.
(b) That Fodder Wing is ill.
(c) That it is Fodder Wing's birthday.
(d) That Fodder Wing will be going on vacation.
5. Buck considers what animals to be vandals in the cornfield?
6. What animal attacks Penny while he and Jody are searching for the missing farm animals?
(a) A colony of fire ants.
(b) A rattlesnake.
(c) Old Slewfoot.
(d) A badger.
7. What does Jody give to Doc in exchange for healing his father?
(a) His new hunting knife.
(b) The baby fawn.
(c) The gun traded from the Forresters.
(d) His coonskin knapsack.
8. Which of the following is NOT a watering trough at the Baxter family sinkhole?
(a) A swine watering trough.
(b) A birdbath trough.
(c) A livestock watering trough.
(d) A laundry washing trough.
9. What emotion does Jody admit to feeling when he kills an animal during a hunt?
10. At what time must Jody finish all of his chores before he is allowed to visit Fodder Wing?
(a) 5 p.m.
(b) 3 p.m.
(c) 9 a.m.
11. What type of albino animal is caught in Penny's trap?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A squirrel.
12. Penny and Jody see a type of "dancing" bird while they are out fishing. What type of bird is it?
13. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
14. What does the Baxter family suspect happened to the missing animals?
(a) They suspect that animals have fallen into the stream.
(b) They suspect that the Forrester family stole them.
(c) They suspect that Old Slewfoot got at them.
(d) They suspect that they wandered into the woods.
15. Penny and Jody come across what animals swinging in a sapling tree?
(b) Bear cubs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Oliver Hutto been living, before he returns to Grandma Hutto's home?
2. Which of the following is NOT used as a description of Oliver Hutto?
3. How deep is the Baxter family's sinkhole?
4. Who takes Jody into the woods in search of the fawn?
5. Who chooses the new name, Flag, for Jody's new fawn?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)