|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Lem Forrester's sweetheart?
2. After the bee hunt, who kills Old Slewfoot?
(d) Buck Forrester.
3. Which of the following does Jody do to Lem Forrester, attempting to protect Oliver during the fight?
(a) Punches his back.
(b) Bites his wrist.
(c) Spits on his shoes.
(d) Kicks his shin.
4. What does Jody give to Doc in exchange for healing his father?
(a) His coonskin knapsack.
(b) The baby fawn.
(c) His new hunting knife.
(d) The gun traded from the Forresters.
5. At what time must Jody finish all of his chores before he is allowed to visit Fodder Wing?
(a) 9 a.m.
(c) 5 p.m.
(d) 3 p.m.
6. What does Penny allow Jody to make from the rare albino pelt?
(a) A hat.
(b) A shirt.
(c) A knapsack.
(d) A pillow.
7. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
(a) He is terrified.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is saddened.
8. What gift does Oliver bring back from his adventures for Jody?
(a) A hunting knife.
(b) A rusty mouth organ.
(c) A raccoon-skin knapsack.
(d) A small umbrella.
9. After his father's attack, what chore does Jody complete on his own for the first time in his life?
(a) Milking the cows.
(b) Plowing the fields.
(c) Feeding the horses.
(d) Bailing the hay.
10. Who is with Jody when he thinks he sees the helmeted Spaniard?
(b) Ma Baxter.
(c) Fodder Wing.
11. Which of the following words might Jody use to describe his day in the woods in the opening chapter?
12. Which of the following instruments is NOT present in the Forrester family's late night jam session?
(a) A whiskey jug.
(b) A fiddle.
(c) A piano.
(d) A guitar.
13. What information about Fodder Wing does Jody learn from Fodder Wing's brother while they are in the woods together?
(a) That Fodder Wing can walk again.
(b) That it is Fodder Wing's birthday.
(c) That Fodder Wing will be going on vacation.
(d) That Fodder Wing is ill.
14. On the day that Jody returns from the Forrester's home, what meat does Penny have cooking in the smokehouse?
15. When Jody sees Oliver to say goodbye, what does Oliver ask Jody to do for him?
(a) Pick up his medicine from the doctor's office.
(b) Pray for his healing wounds.
(c) Deliver a message to Twink.
(d) Punch Lem Forrester the next time he sees him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new baby animal, the newest in his collection, does Fodder Wing show to Jody?
2. Which character says that they would like a chance to "whup that bear"?
3. Who is watching over Jody when he awakens from the fistfight?
4. Which of the following words finishes this phrase from the Forrester home: "I'm so hungry, my ______ thinks my throat is cut"?
5. How many babies did Penny Baxter and his wife bury before Jody was born?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)