|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buck stuff into the bee hive to trick the bees out of it?
(c) A smoke bomb.
(d) His T-shirt.
2. Who is with Jody when he thinks he sees the helmeted Spaniard?
(c) Ma Baxter.
(d) Fodder Wing.
3. Why doesn't the Baxter family own a well?
(a) Because they can't afford the labor to dig one.
(b) Because wells haven't been invented yet.
(c) Because Ma thinks that wells are unclean.
(d) Because they didn't like the taste of well water.
4. How are Penny and Jody greeted by the Forrester family?
(a) With terror.
(b) With animosity.
(c) With suspicion.
(d) With open arms.
5. What animal attacks Penny while he and Jody are searching for the missing farm animals?
(a) Old Slewfoot.
(b) A badger.
(c) A colony of fire ants.
(d) A rattlesnake.
6. Which of the following adjectives best describes Ma Baxter's opinion of the Forrester family?
7. After the bee hunt, who kills Old Slewfoot?
(d) Buck Forrester.
8. What alcoholic beverage do all but Jody drink at the Forrester home?
(a) Malt beer.
(b) Black whiskey.
(d) Grape wine.
9. Who does Oliver leave the dinner table to visit, infuriating Jody?
(a) Lem Forrester.
(c) Fodder Wing.
(d) Mr. Boyles.
10. After the encounter with the Spaniard, what type of animal does Jody watch feeding its young?
(a) A fox.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A bear.
(d) A squirrel.
11. When Jody arrives at Fodder Wing's home with his new fawn, what news is he greeted with?
(a) That the Forrester family has moved.
(b) That the Forrester family is once again in a feud with the Baxter family.
(c) That Fodder Wing has died.
(d) That Fodder Wing has run away.
12. Who is watching over Jody when he awakens from the fistfight?
(a) Grandma Hutto.
(b) Oliver Hutto.
(c) Fodder Wing.
(d) Lem Forrester.
13. What is the name of Lem Forrester's sweetheart?
14. How long does Penny say Julia must mend before she will be well enough to hunt Old Slewfoot again?
(a) One day.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One year.
15. Why does Grandma Hutto allow Jody to return home after the fistfight?
(a) So that his mother won't worry about his recovery.
(b) Because Penny demanded to take Jody home.
(c) Because she doesn't have room in her house for him.
(d) Because he didn't have any serious injuries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Jody do to Lem Forrester, attempting to protect Oliver during the fight?
2. Which of the following has Penny Baxter always felt closest to?
3. What does Jody give to Doc in exchange for healing his father?
4. What baby animal does Jody see while he is running to fetch the doctor?
5. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)