|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new baby animal, the newest in his collection, does Fodder Wing show to Jody?
(a) A baby pig.
(b) A baby raccoon.
(c) A baby crow.
(d) A baby deer.
2. Penny and Jody come across what animals swinging in a sapling tree?
(c) Bear cubs.
3. What unusual animal does the Baxter family have drying in their smoke house?
4. What does Lem Forrester trade to Penny in exchange for the fiest?
(a) A sack of food.
(b) An animal pelt.
(c) A gun.
5. When Oliver gets into a fight, how many of the Forrester men does he fight at once?
6. Who chooses the new name, Flag, for Jody's new fawn?
(a) Fodder Wing.
(b) Ma Baxter.
(c) Lem Forrester.
(d) Ma Forrester.
7. When the Baxter hogs were returned, what was included as a supposed peace offering?
(a) A blue ribbon calf.
(b) A mule.
(c) A gaggle of geese.
(d) An extra sow.
8. What does Jody create with palm fronds in the woods?
(a) A flutter-mill.
(b) A flutter-boat.
(c) A flutter-wand.
(d) A flutter-bed.
9. Which of the following best describes Doc Wilson?
(a) He is a terrible doctor.
(b) He is a drunk.
(c) He is a thief.
(d) He is practically blind.
10. Who does Oliver leave the dinner table to visit, infuriating Jody?
(b) Fodder Wing.
(c) Mr. Boyles.
(d) Lem Forrester.
11. How are Penny and Jody greeted by the Forrester family?
(a) With terror.
(b) With suspicion.
(c) With open arms.
(d) With animosity.
12. What part of Old Slewfoot's body is offered to Buck Forrester to take home to his ailing family member?
(a) The hide.
(b) The liver.
(c) The heart.
(d) The stomach.
13. Who is watching over Jody when he awakens from the fistfight?
(a) Lem Forrester.
(b) Grandma Hutto.
(c) Fodder Wing.
(d) Oliver Hutto.
14. When Jody arrives at Fodder Wing's home with his new fawn, what news is he greeted with?
(a) That Fodder Wing has run away.
(b) That the Forrester family is once again in a feud with the Baxter family.
(c) That Fodder Wing has died.
(d) That the Forrester family has moved.
15. After his father's attack, what chore does Jody complete on his own for the first time in his life?
(a) Plowing the fields.
(b) Bailing the hay.
(c) Feeding the horses.
(d) Milking the cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the lunchtime meal that Jody and his father eat at the Forrester home?
2. What gift does Oliver bring back from his adventures for Jody?
3. Who is the only person that the Forrester men feel comfortable sharing their grief with?
4. What does Jody promise to feed the fawn if he is allowed to take it home?
5. Why does Grandma Hutto allow Jody to return home after the fistfight?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)