|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jody is sick in bed, what is Ma worried will kill him if not properly treated?
(a) A parasite in his stomach.
(b) A measles rash.
(c) Dehydration from vomiting.
(d) A high fever.
2. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
(a) To teach him that you should never take more than what you need from nature.
(b) Because the small fish was poisonous.
(c) Because the fish had a small rash spreading over its scales.
(d) Because the small fish wasn't large enough to feed their family.
3. How many times does Penny's gun misfire, missing the bear that he is hunting?
4. Buck considers what animals to be vandals in the cornfield?
5. How long does Penny say Julia must mend before she will be well enough to hunt Old Slewfoot again?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
6. Which of the following does Jody do to Lem Forrester, attempting to protect Oliver during the fight?
(a) Punches his back.
(b) Kicks his shin.
(c) Spits on his shoes.
(d) Bites his wrist.
7. While hunting for Grandma Hutto, how many bucks do Penny and Jody kill?
8. Penny and Jody see a type of "dancing" bird while they are out fishing. What type of bird is it?
9. Why does Grandma Hutto allow Jody to return home after the fistfight?
(a) Because he didn't have any serious injuries.
(b) Because Penny demanded to take Jody home.
(c) So that his mother won't worry about his recovery.
(d) Because she doesn't have room in her house for him.
10. How are Penny and Jody greeted by the Forrester family?
(a) With terror.
(b) With suspicion.
(c) With animosity.
(d) With open arms.
11. What alcoholic beverage do all but Jody drink at the Forrester home?
(b) Malt beer.
(c) Grape wine.
(d) Black whiskey.
12. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
13. What does Fodder Wing feed to his dogs?
(a) Smaller animals.
(b) Table scraps.
(c) He doesn't feed them.
(d) Dog food.
14. When Oliver gets into a fight, how many of the Forrester men does he fight at once?
15. Why doesn't the Baxter family own a well?
(a) Because they can't afford the labor to dig one.
(b) Because they didn't like the taste of well water.
(c) Because wells haven't been invented yet.
(d) Because Ma thinks that wells are unclean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does all the work on the farm while Jody is sick in bed?
2. What information about Fodder Wing does Jody learn from Fodder Wing's brother while they are in the woods together?
3. What vegetable is Jody hoeing on the day that he wants to visit Fodder Wing with his new fawn?
4. What animal from the Baxter family farm was killed by Old Slewfoot?
5. What new baby animal, the newest in his collection, does Fodder Wing show to Jody?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)