|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal from the Baxter family farm was killed by Old Slewfoot?
(a) A cow.
(b) A horse.
(c) A pig.
(d) A chicken.
2. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
(a) He is saddened.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is apathetic.
3. When Oliver gets into a fight, how many of the Forrester men does he fight at once?
4. What does the Baxter family suspect happened to the missing animals?
(a) They suspect that the Forrester family stole them.
(b) They suspect that they wandered into the woods.
(c) They suspect that Old Slewfoot got at them.
(d) They suspect that animals have fallen into the stream.
5. On the ferry ride across the river, what does Jody think about?
(a) The way his father has changed.
(b) Oliver's imperfections.
(c) Twink's beauty.
(d) Fodder Wing's animals.
6. When the Baxter hogs were returned, what was included as a supposed peace offering?
(a) A gaggle of geese.
(b) A mule.
(c) An extra sow.
(d) A blue ribbon calf.
7. After his father's attack, what chore does Jody complete on his own for the first time in his life?
(a) Bailing the hay.
(b) Feeding the horses.
(c) Plowing the fields.
(d) Milking the cows.
8. How does Ma Baxter feel about Buck Forrester staying in their home?
(a) She is warming to him.
(b) She is incredibly excited.
(c) She is completely apathetic.
(d) She is outraged at the idea.
9. What does Penny say about Jody after the fistfight?
(a) That he has acted childishly.
(b) That he has become a man.
(c) That he has earned the right to own his own pet.
(d) That he will be punished severely.
10. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
11. After being accused of having Eulalie Boyles as his sweetheart, what does Jody throw at Eulalie Boyles?
(a) A dime.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) A rock.
(d) A potato.
12. When Jody arrives at Fodder Wing's home with his new fawn, what news is he greeted with?
(a) That Fodder Wing has run away.
(b) That Fodder Wing has died.
(c) That the Forrester family has moved.
(d) That the Forrester family is once again in a feud with the Baxter family.
13. Penny and Jody see a type of "dancing" bird while they are out fishing. What type of bird is it?
14. How long does Penny say Julia must mend before she will be well enough to hunt Old Slewfoot again?
(a) One day.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One year.
15. What baby animal does Jody see while he is running to fetch the doctor?
(a) A baby fox.
(b) A baby bear.
(c) A baby badger.
(d) A baby deer.
Short Answer Questions
1. While hunting for Grandma Hutto, how many bucks do Penny and Jody kill?
2. Who does Oliver leave the dinner table to visit, infuriating Jody?
3. How many babies did Penny Baxter and his wife bury before Jody was born?
4. What reason does Buck Forrester give for wishing to go back to his own home?
5. As Jody watches the animal with its young, what does he realize about nature?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)