|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of albino animal is caught in Penny's trap?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A mouse.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A raccoon.
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Ma Baxter's opinion of the Forrester family?
3. What unusual animal does the Baxter family have drying in their smoke house?
4. Which of the following is NOT a watering trough at the Baxter family sinkhole?
(a) A swine watering trough.
(b) A laundry washing trough.
(c) A livestock watering trough.
(d) A birdbath trough.
5. What is the name of Grandma Hutto's little white dog?
6. What information about Fodder Wing does Jody learn from Fodder Wing's brother while they are in the woods together?
(a) That it is Fodder Wing's birthday.
(b) That Fodder Wing can walk again.
(c) That Fodder Wing will be going on vacation.
(d) That Fodder Wing is ill.
7. As Jody watches the animal with its young, what does he realize about nature?
(a) That Fodder Wing will always be alive in the animals.
(b) That nature has a way of rebirthing itself.
(c) That humans and animals will never be fully connected.
(d) That the animal kingdom is a cruel place to live.
8. What overwhelming feeling does Jody feel when he is cleaning out the sinkhole?
9. Who is injured during the first hunt of Old Slewfoot?
10. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is saddened.
(d) He is terrified.
11. Who is with Jody when he thinks he sees the helmeted Spaniard?
(a) Ma Baxter.
(d) Fodder Wing.
12. What does Buck stuff into the bee hive to trick the bees out of it?
(c) A smoke bomb.
(d) His T-shirt.
13. When the Baxter hogs were returned, what was included as a supposed peace offering?
(a) A blue ribbon calf.
(b) A mule.
(c) A gaggle of geese.
(d) An extra sow.
14. Who is watching over Jody when he awakens from the fistfight?
(a) Fodder Wing.
(b) Oliver Hutto.
(c) Grandma Hutto.
(d) Lem Forrester.
15. How deep is the Baxter family's sinkhole?
(a) 300 feet.
(b) 100 feet.
(c) 230 feet.
(d) 60 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ma Baxter feel about Buck Forrester staying in their home?
2. After his father's attack, what chore does Jody complete on his own for the first time in his life?
3. On the ferry ride across the river, what does Jody think about?
4. Which of the following is NOT used as a description of Oliver Hutto?
5. Who chooses the new name, Flag, for Jody's new fawn?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)