|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chooses the new name, Flag, for Jody's new fawn?
(a) Lem Forrester.
(b) Ma Forrester.
(c) Fodder Wing.
(d) Ma Baxter.
2. Which of the following does Jody do to Lem Forrester, attempting to protect Oliver during the fight?
(a) Spits on his shoes.
(b) Punches his back.
(c) Bites his wrist.
(d) Kicks his shin.
3. What does Lem Forrester trade to Penny in exchange for the fiest?
(a) An animal pelt.
(c) A gun.
(d) A sack of food.
4. From whom does Penny borrow a mare to travel home?
(a) Twink Weatherby.
(b) Lem Forrester.
(c) Grandma Hutto.
(d) Mr. Boyle.
5. What information about Fodder Wing does Jody learn from Fodder Wing's brother while they are in the woods together?
(a) That it is Fodder Wing's birthday.
(b) That Fodder Wing will be going on vacation.
(c) That Fodder Wing is ill.
(d) That Fodder Wing can walk again.
6. Why does Grandma Hutto allow Jody to return home after the fistfight?
(a) Because he didn't have any serious injuries.
(b) Because she doesn't have room in her house for him.
(c) So that his mother won't worry about his recovery.
(d) Because Penny demanded to take Jody home.
7. At what time must Jody finish all of his chores before he is allowed to visit Fodder Wing?
(a) 3 p.m.
(b) 5 p.m.
(d) 9 a.m.
8. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
(a) He is saddened.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is apathetic.
9. What part of Old Slewfoot's body is offered to Buck Forrester to take home to his ailing family member?
(a) The stomach.
(b) The liver.
(c) The heart.
(d) The hide.
10. On the day that Jody returns from the Forrester's home, what meat does Penny have cooking in the smokehouse?
11. What is the name of the city where Grandma Hutto lives?
12. What does Fodder Wing feed to his dogs?
(a) Dog food.
(b) Table scraps.
(c) He doesn't feed them.
(d) Smaller animals.
13. What new baby animal, the newest in his collection, does Fodder Wing show to Jody?
(a) A baby raccoon.
(b) A baby deer.
(c) A baby crow.
(d) A baby pig.
14. Which of the following is NOT used as a description of Oliver Hutto?
(a) Muscled shoulders.
(b) Gray eyes.
(c) Tanned skin.
(d) Red-tinged hair.
15. Penny and Jody come across what animals swinging in a sapling tree?
(c) Bear cubs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
2. What object is used to play the game "Mumbledepeg"?
3. What baby animal does Jody see while he is running to fetch the doctor?
4. When Jody arrives at Fodder Wing's home with his new fawn, what news is he greeted with?
5. Who takes Jody into the woods in search of the fawn?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)