|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his father's attack, what relationship does Jody have with the animal that attacked him?
(a) He swears to avenge his father's attack.
(b) He dreams about the animal that attacked his father.
(c) He is forever terrified of the animal that attacked his father.
(d) He kills the animal that attacked his father.
2. What unusual animal does the Baxter family have drying in their smoke house?
3. Who is injured during the first hunt of Old Slewfoot?
4. What new baby animal, the newest in his collection, does Fodder Wing show to Jody?
(a) A baby pig.
(b) A baby raccoon.
(c) A baby deer.
(d) A baby crow.
5. Which of the following is NOT a watering trough at the Baxter family sinkhole?
(a) A livestock watering trough.
(b) A birdbath trough.
(c) A laundry washing trough.
(d) A swine watering trough.
6. Penny and Jody come across what animals swinging in a sapling tree?
(d) Bear cubs.
7. What part of Old Slewfoot's body is offered to Buck Forrester to take home to his ailing family member?
(a) The stomach.
(b) The liver.
(c) The hide.
(d) The heart.
8. What is the name of the city where Grandma Hutto lives?
9. What does the Baxter family suspect happened to the missing animals?
(a) They suspect that they wandered into the woods.
(b) They suspect that the Forrester family stole them.
(c) They suspect that Old Slewfoot got at them.
(d) They suspect that animals have fallen into the stream.
10. After the bee hunt, who kills Old Slewfoot?
(d) Buck Forrester.
11. When Jody sees that his mother is in a bad mood, on what does he compliment her in an attempt to cheer her mood?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) Her clean home.
(c) Her sewing abilities.
(d) Her good looks.
12. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
13. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He is saddened.
(d) He is shocked.
14. When Jody sees Oliver to say goodbye, what does Oliver ask Jody to do for him?
(a) Pick up his medicine from the doctor's office.
(b) Deliver a message to Twink.
(c) Punch Lem Forrester the next time he sees him.
(d) Pray for his healing wounds.
15. What alcoholic beverage do all but Jody drink at the Forrester home?
(a) Grape wine.
(c) Malt beer.
(d) Black whiskey.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jody watches the animal with its young, what does he realize about nature?
2. Why does Grandma Hutto allow Jody to return home after the fistfight?
3. How does Jody express himself when he tells his father about his insights into nature?
4. From whom does Penny borrow a mare to travel home?
5. When Oliver gets into a fight, how many of the Forrester men does he fight at once?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)