|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While hunting for Grandma Hutto, how many bucks do Penny and Jody kill?
2. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
(b) Weeping willow.
3. How does Jody express himself when he tells his father about his insights into nature?
(a) He has no interest in telling his father what he thinks about nature.
(b) He finds that he is able to express himself eloquently.
(c) He finds that he cannot properly express himself.
(d) He finds that his father is not interested in what he has to say.
4. What animals go missing from the Baxter farm after the fistfight?
(a) The hogs.
(b) The chickens.
(c) The horses.
(d) The cows.
5. What part of Old Slewfoot's body is offered to Buck Forrester to take home to his ailing family member?
(a) The stomach.
(b) The liver.
(c) The heart.
(d) The hide.
6. When Jody is sick in bed, what is Ma worried will kill him if not properly treated?
(a) A measles rash.
(b) A high fever.
(c) Dehydration from vomiting.
(d) A parasite in his stomach.
7. What is the name of Lem Forrester's sweetheart?
8. How many babies did Penny Baxter and his wife bury before Jody was born?
9. When Jody realizes that a bear or raccoon may not be a good option for a pet, what does he ask his mother for instead?
(a) A trout.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A fawn.
10. From which character did Penny earn the nickname "Leetle ol' Penny Baxter"?
(a) Buck Forrester.
(b) Oliver Hutto.
(c) Ora Baxter.
(d) Lem Forrester.
11. How deep is the Baxter family's sinkhole?
(a) 230 feet.
(b) 100 feet.
(c) 60 feet.
(d) 300 feet.
12. Who is the only person that the Forrester men feel comfortable sharing their grief with?
(a) Jody Baxter.
(b) Ma Forrester.
(c) Ma Baxter.
(d) Penny Baxter.
13. What is the name of Grandma Hutto's little white dog?
14. Why doesn't the Baxter family own a well?
(a) Because Ma thinks that wells are unclean.
(b) Because wells haven't been invented yet.
(c) Because they can't afford the labor to dig one.
(d) Because they didn't like the taste of well water.
15. Which of the following adjectives best describes Ma Baxter's opinion of the Forrester family?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jody sees that his mother is in a bad mood, on what does he compliment her in an attempt to cheer her mood?
2. Which of the following is NOT used as a description of Oliver Hutto?
3. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
4. After the bee hunt, who kills Old Slewfoot?
5. What new baby animal, the newest in his collection, does Fodder Wing show to Jody?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)