|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following instruments is NOT present in the Forrester family's late night jam session?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A whiskey jug.
(c) A piano.
(d) A fiddle.
2. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
(d) Weeping willow.
3. Who is injured during the first hunt of Old Slewfoot?
4. Who takes Jody into the woods in search of the fawn?
(a) Mill Wheel Forrester.
(b) Fodder Wing.
(d) Buck Forrester.
5. As Penny and Jody are traveling to the Forrester home, which stories does Penny tell his son?
(a) Stories of the Russian Barbarians.
(b) Stories of the Roman Emperors.
(c) Stories of the Greek Gods.
(d) Stories of the Spanish explorers.
6. What information about Fodder Wing does Jody learn from Fodder Wing's brother while they are in the woods together?
(a) That Fodder Wing is ill.
(b) That Fodder Wing can walk again.
(c) That it is Fodder Wing's birthday.
(d) That Fodder Wing will be going on vacation.
7. When Jody sees that his mother is in a bad mood, on what does he compliment her in an attempt to cheer her mood?
(a) Her clean home.
(b) Her good looks.
(c) Her cooking.
(d) Her sewing abilities.
8. What is the name of Lem Forrester's sweetheart?
9. On the ferry ride across the river, what does Jody think about?
(a) Oliver's imperfections.
(b) Fodder Wing's animals.
(c) Twink's beauty.
(d) The way his father has changed.
10. Where has Oliver Hutto been living, before he returns to Grandma Hutto's home?
(a) On a small island.
(b) Out at sea.
(c) Deep in the woods.
(d) In the desert.
11. What object is used to play the game "Mumbledepeg"?
(a) A metal hammer.
(b) A wooden stake.
(c) A loaded gun.
(d) A jackknife.
12. What does Buck stuff into the bee hive to trick the bees out of it?
(b) A smoke bomb.
(c) His T-shirt.
13. When Oliver gets into a fight, how many of the Forrester men does he fight at once?
14. Penny and Jody come across what animals swinging in a sapling tree?
(d) Bear cubs.
15. When Jody arrives at Fodder Wing's home with his new fawn, what news is he greeted with?
(a) That the Forrester family is once again in a feud with the Baxter family.
(b) That the Forrester family has moved.
(c) That Fodder Wing has died.
(d) That Fodder Wing has run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says that they would like a chance to "whup that bear"?
2. What is the name of Grandma Hutto's little white dog?
3. How many times does Penny's gun misfire, missing the bear that he is hunting?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the lunchtime meal that Jody and his father eat at the Forrester home?
5. Penny and Jody see a type of "dancing" bird while they are out fishing. What type of bird is it?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)