|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Grandma Hutto's little white dog?
2. After his father's attack, what relationship does Jody have with the animal that attacked him?
(a) He dreams about the animal that attacked his father.
(b) He swears to avenge his father's attack.
(c) He kills the animal that attacked his father.
(d) He is forever terrified of the animal that attacked his father.
3. Who chooses the new name, Flag, for Jody's new fawn?
(a) Ma Baxter.
(b) Lem Forrester.
(c) Ma Forrester.
(d) Fodder Wing.
4. As Penny and Jody are traveling to the Forrester home, which stories does Penny tell his son?
(a) Stories of the Russian Barbarians.
(b) Stories of the Spanish explorers.
(c) Stories of the Greek Gods.
(d) Stories of the Roman Emperors.
5. Who is watching over Jody when he awakens from the fistfight?
(a) Lem Forrester.
(b) Oliver Hutto.
(c) Grandma Hutto.
(d) Fodder Wing.
6. Who does all the work on the farm while Jody is sick in bed?
(b) Fodder Wing.
(c) Lem Forrester.
7. What does Jody admit to eating, which he believes has caused his upset stomach?
(a) Curdled milk.
(b) Undercooked meat.
(c) Poisonous plants.
(d) Half-ripe berries.
8. When Oliver gets into a fight, how many of the Forrester men does he fight at once?
9. How deep is the Baxter family's sinkhole?
(a) 100 feet.
(b) 230 feet.
(c) 300 feet.
(d) 60 feet.
10. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
11. What emotion does Jody admit to feeling when he kills an animal during a hunt?
12. How are Penny and Jody greeted by the Forrester family?
(a) With suspicion.
(b) With open arms.
(c) With terror.
(d) With animosity.
13. How many dogs does the Baxter family own?
14. What alcoholic beverage do all but Jody drink at the Forrester home?
(a) Malt beer.
(c) Black whiskey.
(d) Grape wine.
15. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
(a) Weeping willow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new baby animal, the newest in his collection, does Fodder Wing show to Jody?
2. After his father's attack, what chore does Jody complete on his own for the first time in his life?
3. When Jody arrives at Fodder Wing's home with his new fawn, what news is he greeted with?
4. Which of the following has Penny Baxter always felt closest to?
5. What does Lem Forrester trade to Penny in exchange for the fiest?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)