|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While hunting for Grandma Hutto, how many bucks do Penny and Jody kill?
2. Which of the following words is used to describe the color of Jody's hair?
3. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
(a) He is saddened.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is terrified.
(d) He is shocked.
4. Why doesn't the Baxter family own a well?
(a) Because wells haven't been invented yet.
(b) Because Ma thinks that wells are unclean.
(c) Because they didn't like the taste of well water.
(d) Because they can't afford the labor to dig one.
5. How does Jody express himself when he tells his father about his insights into nature?
(a) He finds that his father is not interested in what he has to say.
(b) He has no interest in telling his father what he thinks about nature.
(c) He finds that he is able to express himself eloquently.
(d) He finds that he cannot properly express himself.
6. What does Jody promise to feed the fawn if he is allowed to take it home?
(c) Table scraps.
7. How many times does Penny's gun misfire, missing the bear that he is hunting?
8. What emotion does Jody admit to feeling when he kills an animal during a hunt?
9. What does Penny allow Jody to make from the rare albino pelt?
(a) A hat.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A shirt.
(d) A knapsack.
10. What does Jody see his father do, which prompts him to believe his father will live?
11. What does Jody admit to eating, which he believes has caused his upset stomach?
(a) Poisonous plants.
(b) Half-ripe berries.
(c) Undercooked meat.
(d) Curdled milk.
12. After his father's attack, what chore does Jody complete on his own for the first time in his life?
(a) Plowing the fields.
(b) Milking the cows.
(c) Bailing the hay.
(d) Feeding the horses.
13. When Jody arrives at Fodder Wing's home with his new fawn, what news is he greeted with?
(a) That the Forrester family has moved.
(b) That Fodder Wing has died.
(c) That Fodder Wing has run away.
(d) That the Forrester family is once again in a feud with the Baxter family.
14. Buck considers what animals to be vandals in the cornfield?
15. Which of the following words finishes this phrase from the Forrester home: "I'm so hungry, my ______ thinks my throat is cut"?
Short Answer Questions
1. After his father's attack, what relationship does Jody have with the animal that attacked him?
2. When Jody leaves to visit Fodder Wing, he is warned that what animal is in its mating season?
3. Who is injured during the first hunt of Old Slewfoot?
4. At what time must Jody finish all of his chores before he is allowed to visit Fodder Wing?
5. How many sons do the Forresters have?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)