|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
(a) He is saddened.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is terrified.
2. What type of albino animal is caught in Penny's trap?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A raccoon.
3. When Jody sees that his mother is in a bad mood, on what does he compliment her in an attempt to cheer her mood?
(a) Her sewing abilities.
(b) Her good looks.
(c) Her cooking.
(d) Her clean home.
4. What is the name of the city where Grandma Hutto lives?
5. Where has Oliver Hutto been living, before he returns to Grandma Hutto's home?
(a) In the desert.
(b) Out at sea.
(c) On a small island.
(d) Deep in the woods.
6. After the bee hunt, who kills Old Slewfoot?
(b) Buck Forrester.
7. Which of the following adjectives best describes Ma Baxter's opinion of the Forrester family?
8. While hunting for Grandma Hutto, how many bucks do Penny and Jody kill?
9. Which of the following is NOT a watering trough at the Baxter family sinkhole?
(a) A laundry washing trough.
(b) A birdbath trough.
(c) A swine watering trough.
(d) A livestock watering trough.
10. What animal attacks Penny while he and Jody are searching for the missing farm animals?
(a) A rattlesnake.
(b) A badger.
(c) A colony of fire ants.
(d) Old Slewfoot.
11. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
(a) Weeping willow.
12. What does Buck stuff into the bee hive to trick the bees out of it?
(a) A smoke bomb.
(b) His T-shirt.
13. What gift does Oliver bring back from his adventures for Jody?
(a) A rusty mouth organ.
(b) A raccoon-skin knapsack.
(c) A small umbrella.
(d) A hunting knife.
14. Why doesn't the Baxter family own a well?
(a) Because they can't afford the labor to dig one.
(b) Because Ma thinks that wells are unclean.
(c) Because wells haven't been invented yet.
(d) Because they didn't like the taste of well water.
15. What reason does Buck Forrester give for wishing to go back to his own home?
(a) To sleep in his own bed.
(b) To see to his fields.
(c) To check on his family.
(d) To help build the new well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new baby animal, the newest in his collection, does Fodder Wing show to Jody?
2. What emotion does Jody admit to feeling when he kills an animal during a hunt?
3. What does Jody promise to feed the fawn if he is allowed to take it home?
4. What does Lem Forrester trade to Penny in exchange for the fiest?
5. Who does all the work on the farm while Jody is sick in bed?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)