|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alcoholic beverage do all but Jody drink at the Forrester home?
(a) Malt beer.
(b) Grape wine.
(d) Black whiskey.
2. When Jody arrives at Fodder Wing's home with his new fawn, what news is he greeted with?
(a) That the Forrester family is once again in a feud with the Baxter family.
(b) That Fodder Wing has run away.
(c) That the Forrester family has moved.
(d) That Fodder Wing has died.
3. What gift does Oliver bring back from his adventures for Jody?
(a) A rusty mouth organ.
(b) A small umbrella.
(c) A hunting knife.
(d) A raccoon-skin knapsack.
4. Which of the following is NOT used as a description of Oliver Hutto?
(a) Gray eyes.
(b) Red-tinged hair.
(c) Tanned skin.
(d) Muscled shoulders.
5. How many babies did Penny Baxter and his wife bury before Jody was born?
6. How are Penny and Jody greeted by the Forrester family?
(a) With suspicion.
(b) With animosity.
(c) With open arms.
(d) With terror.
7. Penny and Jody come across what animals swinging in a sapling tree?
(a) Bear cubs.
8. Which of the following adjectives best describes Ma Baxter's opinion of the Forrester family?
9. Who is with Jody when he thinks he sees the helmeted Spaniard?
(a) Ma Baxter.
(c) Fodder Wing.
10. Who is injured during the first hunt of Old Slewfoot?
11. How does Ma Baxter feel about Buck Forrester staying in their home?
(a) She is warming to him.
(b) She is incredibly excited.
(c) She is outraged at the idea.
(d) She is completely apathetic.
12. What animal from the Baxter family farm was killed by Old Slewfoot?
(a) A horse.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A pig.
(d) A cow.
13. Where has Oliver Hutto been living, before he returns to Grandma Hutto's home?
(a) In the desert.
(b) On a small island.
(c) Deep in the woods.
(d) Out at sea.
14. Who chooses the new name, Flag, for Jody's new fawn?
(a) Fodder Wing.
(b) Lem Forrester.
(c) Ma Forrester.
(d) Ma Baxter.
15. Buck considers what animals to be vandals in the cornfield?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fodder Wing feed to his dogs?
2. How does Jody express himself when he tells his father about his insights into nature?
3. What does Penny allow Jody to make from the rare albino pelt?
4. What new baby animal, the newest in his collection, does Fodder Wing show to Jody?
5. What information about Fodder Wing does Jody learn from Fodder Wing's brother while they are in the woods together?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)