|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time must Jody finish all of his chores before he is allowed to visit Fodder Wing?
(a) 5 p.m.
(c) 9 a.m.
(d) 3 p.m.
2. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He is saddened.
(d) He is shocked.
3. What does Jody create with palm fronds in the woods?
(a) A flutter-wand.
(b) A flutter-bed.
(c) A flutter-mill.
(d) A flutter-boat.
4. When the Baxter hogs were returned, what was included as a supposed peace offering?
(a) An extra sow.
(b) A blue ribbon calf.
(c) A gaggle of geese.
(d) A mule.
5. When Oliver gets into a fight, how many of the Forrester men does he fight at once?
6. What does Jody see his father do, which prompts him to believe his father will live?
7. Which of the following is NOT a watering trough at the Baxter family sinkhole?
(a) A laundry washing trough.
(b) A livestock watering trough.
(c) A birdbath trough.
(d) A swine watering trough.
8. What does Buck stuff into the bee hive to trick the bees out of it?
(b) A smoke bomb.
(d) His T-shirt.
9. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
(c) Weeping willow.
10. How many times does Penny's gun misfire, missing the bear that he is hunting?
11. On the ferry ride across the river, what does Jody think about?
(a) Twink's beauty.
(b) The way his father has changed.
(c) Fodder Wing's animals.
(d) Oliver's imperfections.
12. After his father's attack, what chore does Jody complete on his own for the first time in his life?
(a) Bailing the hay.
(b) Milking the cows.
(c) Feeding the horses.
(d) Plowing the fields.
13. What does the Baxter family suspect happened to the missing animals?
(a) They suspect that the Forrester family stole them.
(b) They suspect that Old Slewfoot got at them.
(c) They suspect that they wandered into the woods.
(d) They suspect that animals have fallen into the stream.
14. Why doesn't the Baxter family own a well?
(a) Because Ma thinks that wells are unclean.
(b) Because wells haven't been invented yet.
(c) Because they didn't like the taste of well water.
(d) Because they can't afford the labor to dig one.
15. Penny and Jody see a type of "dancing" bird while they are out fishing. What type of bird is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following has Penny Baxter always felt closest to?
2. Buck considers what animals to be vandals in the cornfield?
3. Who chooses the new name, Flag, for Jody's new fawn?
4. When Jody arrives at Fodder Wing's home with his new fawn, what news is he greeted with?
5. What animal attacks Penny while he and Jody are searching for the missing farm animals?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)