|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buck considers what animals to be vandals in the cornfield?
2. From which character did Penny earn the nickname "Leetle ol' Penny Baxter"?
(a) Ora Baxter.
(b) Oliver Hutto.
(c) Buck Forrester.
(d) Lem Forrester.
3. When Jody realizes that a bear or raccoon may not be a good option for a pet, what does he ask his mother for instead?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A trout.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A fawn.
4. When Jody arrives at Fodder Wing's home with his new fawn, what news is he greeted with?
(a) That Fodder Wing has died.
(b) That the Forrester family has moved.
(c) That the Forrester family is once again in a feud with the Baxter family.
(d) That Fodder Wing has run away.
5. Which of the following words finishes this phrase from the Forrester home: "I'm so hungry, my ______ thinks my throat is cut"?
6. What animal attacks Penny while he and Jody are searching for the missing farm animals?
(a) A badger.
(b) Old Slewfoot.
(c) A colony of fire ants.
(d) A rattlesnake.
7. Why doesn't the Baxter family own a well?
(a) Because they didn't like the taste of well water.
(b) Because they can't afford the labor to dig one.
(c) Because Ma thinks that wells are unclean.
(d) Because wells haven't been invented yet.
8. What part of Old Slewfoot's body is offered to Buck Forrester to take home to his ailing family member?
(a) The heart.
(b) The stomach.
(c) The liver.
(d) The hide.
9. What information about Fodder Wing does Jody learn from Fodder Wing's brother while they are in the woods together?
(a) That Fodder Wing is ill.
(b) That it is Fodder Wing's birthday.
(c) That Fodder Wing will be going on vacation.
(d) That Fodder Wing can walk again.
10. What does the Baxter family suspect happened to the missing animals?
(a) They suspect that Old Slewfoot got at them.
(b) They suspect that they wandered into the woods.
(c) They suspect that animals have fallen into the stream.
(d) They suspect that the Forrester family stole them.
11. Who does all the work on the farm while Jody is sick in bed?
(b) Fodder Wing.
(c) Lem Forrester.
12. Why does Grandma Hutto allow Jody to return home after the fistfight?
(a) Because she doesn't have room in her house for him.
(b) So that his mother won't worry about his recovery.
(c) Because Penny demanded to take Jody home.
(d) Because he didn't have any serious injuries.
13. What does Jody promise to feed the fawn if he is allowed to take it home?
(c) Table scraps.
14. Which of the following words is used to describe the color of Jody's hair?
15. Which of the following has Penny Baxter always felt closest to?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the bee hunt, who kills Old Slewfoot?
2. What is the name of the city where Grandma Hutto lives?
3. What does Jody admit to eating, which he believes has caused his upset stomach?
4. Which of the following best describes Doc Wilson?
5. Which of the following words might Jody use to describe his day in the woods in the opening chapter?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)