|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT used as a description of Oliver Hutto?
(a) Gray eyes.
(b) Red-tinged hair.
(c) Tanned skin.
(d) Muscled shoulders.
2. How deep is the Baxter family's sinkhole?
(a) 60 feet.
(b) 100 feet.
(c) 300 feet.
(d) 230 feet.
3. What object is used to play the game "Mumbledepeg"?
(a) A loaded gun.
(b) A metal hammer.
(c) A jackknife.
(d) A wooden stake.
4. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
(a) Because the small fish was poisonous.
(b) To teach him that you should never take more than what you need from nature.
(c) Because the fish had a small rash spreading over its scales.
(d) Because the small fish wasn't large enough to feed their family.
5. What vegetable is Jody hoeing on the day that he wants to visit Fodder Wing with his new fawn?
(c) Sweet potatoes.
6. When Jody leaves to visit Fodder Wing, he is warned that what animal is in its mating season?
7. Who takes Jody into the woods in search of the fawn?
(a) Buck Forrester.
(c) Fodder Wing.
(d) Mill Wheel Forrester.
8. Where has Oliver Hutto been living, before he returns to Grandma Hutto's home?
(a) Out at sea.
(b) In the desert.
(c) On a small island.
(d) Deep in the woods.
9. What animal attacks Penny while he and Jody are searching for the missing farm animals?
(a) A rattlesnake.
(b) Old Slewfoot.
(c) A badger.
(d) A colony of fire ants.
10. What does Buck stuff into the bee hive to trick the bees out of it?
(c) A smoke bomb.
(d) His T-shirt.
11. What does Jody create with palm fronds in the woods?
(a) A flutter-bed.
(b) A flutter-mill.
(c) A flutter-boat.
(d) A flutter-wand.
12. What unusual animal does the Baxter family have drying in their smoke house?
13. Who does Oliver leave the dinner table to visit, infuriating Jody?
(a) Mr. Boyles.
(c) Lem Forrester.
(d) Fodder Wing.
14. From whom does Penny borrow a mare to travel home?
(a) Grandma Hutto.
(b) Twink Weatherby.
(c) Mr. Boyle.
(d) Lem Forrester.
15. What is the name of Lem Forrester's sweetheart?
Short Answer Questions
1. After being accused of having Eulalie Boyles as his sweetheart, what does Jody throw at Eulalie Boyles?
2. How long does Penny say Julia must mend before she will be well enough to hunt Old Slewfoot again?
3. Who is injured during the first hunt of Old Slewfoot?
4. Who is the only person that the Forrester men feel comfortable sharing their grief with?
5. Which character says that they would like a chance to "whup that bear"?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)