|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT used as a description of Oliver Hutto?
(a) Red-tinged hair.
(b) Tanned skin.
(c) Muscled shoulders.
(d) Gray eyes.
2. What does Fodder Wing feed to his dogs?
(a) Table scraps.
(b) Dog food.
(c) He doesn't feed them.
(d) Smaller animals.
3. What information about Fodder Wing does Jody learn from Fodder Wing's brother while they are in the woods together?
(a) That Fodder Wing can walk again.
(b) That Fodder Wing is ill.
(c) That Fodder Wing will be going on vacation.
(d) That it is Fodder Wing's birthday.
4. On the ferry ride across the river, what does Jody think about?
(a) Twink's beauty.
(b) Fodder Wing's animals.
(c) The way his father has changed.
(d) Oliver's imperfections.
5. At what time must Jody finish all of his chores before he is allowed to visit Fodder Wing?
(a) 3 p.m.
(b) 5 p.m.
(c) 9 a.m.
6. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
(c) Weeping willow.
7. When Jody sees Oliver to say goodbye, what does Oliver ask Jody to do for him?
(a) Pick up his medicine from the doctor's office.
(b) Deliver a message to Twink.
(c) Pray for his healing wounds.
(d) Punch Lem Forrester the next time he sees him.
8. After his father's attack, what relationship does Jody have with the animal that attacked him?
(a) He kills the animal that attacked his father.
(b) He swears to avenge his father's attack.
(c) He is forever terrified of the animal that attacked his father.
(d) He dreams about the animal that attacked his father.
9. Which of the following words might Jody use to describe his day in the woods in the opening chapter?
10. When Jody realizes that a bear or raccoon may not be a good option for a pet, what does he ask his mother for instead?
(a) A trout.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A fawn.
(d) A kitten.
11. After the bee hunt, who kills Old Slewfoot?
(a) Buck Forrester.
12. Who is with Jody when he thinks he sees the helmeted Spaniard?
(b) Ma Baxter.
(c) Fodder Wing.
13. What part of Old Slewfoot's body is offered to Buck Forrester to take home to his ailing family member?
(a) The stomach.
(b) The heart.
(c) The hide.
(d) The liver.
14. How does Jody express himself when he tells his father about his insights into nature?
(a) He has no interest in telling his father what he thinks about nature.
(b) He finds that he cannot properly express himself.
(c) He finds that his father is not interested in what he has to say.
(d) He finds that he is able to express himself eloquently.
15. What new baby animal, the newest in his collection, does Fodder Wing show to Jody?
(a) A baby crow.
(b) A baby pig.
(c) A baby raccoon.
(d) A baby deer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jody is sick in bed, what is Ma worried will kill him if not properly treated?
2. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
3. When Oliver gets into a fight, how many of the Forrester men does he fight at once?
4. When the Baxter hogs were returned, what was included as a supposed peace offering?
5. How are Penny and Jody greeted by the Forrester family?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)