|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chooses the new name, Flag, for Jody's new fawn?
(a) Fodder Wing.
(b) Ma Baxter.
(c) Ma Forrester.
(d) Lem Forrester.
2. What is the name of Lem Forrester's sweetheart?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the lunchtime meal that Jody and his father eat at the Forrester home?
4. Who is the only person that the Forrester men feel comfortable sharing their grief with?
(a) Penny Baxter.
(b) Jody Baxter.
(c) Ma Forrester.
(d) Ma Baxter.
5. What does Jody admit to eating, which he believes has caused his upset stomach?
(a) Curdled milk.
(b) Half-ripe berries.
(c) Poisonous plants.
(d) Undercooked meat.
6. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
7. Who does Oliver leave the dinner table to visit, infuriating Jody?
(a) Mr. Boyles.
(b) Fodder Wing.
(c) Lem Forrester.
8. How are Penny and Jody greeted by the Forrester family?
(a) With suspicion.
(b) With terror.
(c) With animosity.
(d) With open arms.
9. Which of the following words might Jody use to describe his day in the woods in the opening chapter?
10. What emotion does Jody admit to feeling when he kills an animal during a hunt?
11. What does Jody see his father do, which prompts him to believe his father will live?
12. How does Ma Baxter feel about Buck Forrester staying in their home?
(a) She is incredibly excited.
(b) She is warming to him.
(c) She is completely apathetic.
(d) She is outraged at the idea.
13. What gift does Oliver bring back from his adventures for Jody?
(a) A hunting knife.
(b) A rusty mouth organ.
(c) A raccoon-skin knapsack.
(d) A small umbrella.
14. Who is injured during the first hunt of Old Slewfoot?
15. What information about Fodder Wing does Jody learn from Fodder Wing's brother while they are in the woods together?
(a) That Fodder Wing can walk again.
(b) That it is Fodder Wing's birthday.
(c) That Fodder Wing is ill.
(d) That Fodder Wing will be going on vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following has Penny Baxter always felt closest to?
2. What new baby animal, the newest in his collection, does Fodder Wing show to Jody?
3. Which of the following words finishes this phrase from the Forrester home: "I'm so hungry, my ______ thinks my throat is cut"?
4. When Jody sees Oliver to say goodbye, what does Oliver ask Jody to do for him?
5. When Jody arrives at Fodder Wing's home with his new fawn, what news is he greeted with?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)