|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With his father laid up in bed, how does Jody pass the month of February?
(a) Playing skip-rope with the neighbors.
(b) Hunting in the woods.
(c) Working hard around the farm.
(d) Reading books in his bedroom.
2. How are Penny and Jody greeted by the Forrester family?
(a) With open arms.
(b) With suspicion.
(c) With terror.
(d) With animosity.
3. In a rare moment of affection, what does Jody say to his mother before he leaves to hunt with the Forrester men?
(a) That he thinks she is the most beautiful mother.
(b) That he thinks she has the most beautiful singing voice.
(c) That he thinks she is a very honest woman.
(d) That he thinks she is a wonderful mother.
4. When Jody arrives at Fodder Wing's home with his new fawn, what news is he greeted with?
(a) That Fodder Wing has died.
(b) That the Forrester family is once again in a feud with the Baxter family.
(c) That the Forrester family has moved.
(d) That Fodder Wing has run away.
5. What unusual animal does the Baxter family have drying in their smoke house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Penny and Jody come across what animals swinging in a sapling tree?
2. How does Ma Baxter feel about Buck Forrester staying in their home?
3. Why does the Baxter family decide to slaughter their pigs before they are fattened?
4. After the encounter with the Spaniard, what type of animal does Jody watch feeding its young?
5. Why don't Penny and Jody follow Old Slewfoot when they see him crossing the river?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)