|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Penny say Julia must mend before she will be well enough to hunt Old Slewfoot again?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) One year.
2. When Jody leaves to visit Fodder Wing, he is warned that what animal is in its mating season?
3. From which character did Penny earn the nickname "Leetle ol' Penny Baxter"?
(a) Lem Forrester.
(b) Ora Baxter.
(c) Buck Forrester.
(d) Oliver Hutto.
4. What name does Ma use to refer to Twink?
5. What, does Penny explain, is the stage a deer goes through called "yearling"?
(a) The age of a deer right before it dies from old age.
(b) The age when a deer grows his horns.
(c) The age of a newborn deer before it is called a fawn.
(d) The in-between phase of maturity.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a rare moment of affection, what does Jody say to his mother before he leaves to hunt with the Forrester men?
2. Who takes Jody into the woods in search of the fawn?
3. During what month of the year does Penny begin all his planting for the upcoming harvest?
4. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
5. Who gives Jody a round box for his gunpowder for Christmas?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)