|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal movement signals to Penny that bad weather might be coming?
(a) Squirrels nesting with more moss.
(b) Snails trailing longer trails of slime.
(c) Bears migrating to the south.
(d) Sea birds flying overhead.
2. What does Jody whittle for his father's Christmas gift?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A knife.
(c) A bowl.
(d) A figurine.
3. From which character did Penny earn the nickname "Leetle ol' Penny Baxter"?
(a) Buck Forrester.
(b) Ora Baxter.
(c) Lem Forrester.
(d) Oliver Hutto.
4. What is the name of the area where the Baxter men find the bears hunting salt water mullet?
(a) Mullet Prairie.
(b) The Fishing Hole.
(c) Salt Water Paradise.
(d) Bear Heaven.
5. What does Buck stuff into the bee hive to trick the bees out of it?
(a) His T-shirt.
(c) A smoke bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Penny and Jody are traveling to the Forrester home, which stories does Penny tell his son?
2. On the day that Jody returns from the Forrester's home, what meat does Penny have cooking in the smokehouse?
3. What animal comes sniffing around the camp where the men sleep, enticed by the smell of cooking meat?
4. How do the Forrester men suggest they get rid of the invading wolves?
5. Who takes Jody into the woods in search of the fawn?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)