|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Penny's gun misfire, missing the bear that he is hunting?
2. After the bee hunt, who kills Old Slewfoot?
(d) Buck Forrester.
3. After their second calf is killed by Old Slewfoot, which of the following best describes the atmosphere as Penny and Jody hunt the bear?
(a) Filled with awe.
(b) Filled with hate.
(c) Filled with hope.
(d) Filled with terror.
4. What do the Forresters do to the Huttos in retaliation for Oliver's wedding to Twink?
(a) They burn down Grandma Hutto's home.
(b) They kill Oliver and Twink.
(c) They kidnap Grandma Hutto for ransom.
(d) They steal all the family's food supply for the winter.
5. Where does Jody hope to sell Flag to keep him away from his father's gun?
(a) To a zoo.
(b) To a park where people feed deer.
(c) To a butcher shop.
(d) To a rich child who would want Flag as a pet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Jody admit to feeling when he kills an animal during a hunt?
2. During what month of the year does Penny begin all his planting for the upcoming harvest?
3. What interesting thing does Penny witness a maimed wolf doing on his property?
4. From which character did Penny earn the nickname "Leetle ol' Penny Baxter"?
5. Who is with Jody when he thinks he sees the helmeted Spaniard?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)