|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Old Julia follow the yearling tracks that Penny finds in the woods?
(a) Because she can smell bears in the distance.
(b) Because the Baxters are no longer hunting deer.
(c) Because they are Flag's tracks.
(d) Because she is getting too old to hunt.
2. Who gives Jody a round box for his gunpowder for Christmas?
(a) Fodder Wing Forrester.
(c) Grandma Hutto.
(d) Eulalie Boyles.
3. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
(d) Weeping willow.
4. Where has Oliver Hutto been living, before he returns to Grandma Hutto's home?
(a) Out at sea.
(b) Deep in the woods.
(c) On a small island.
(d) In the desert.
5. How big is the alligator that Penny hunts down by the watering hole and plans to smoke for dog food?
(a) Fifteen feet long.
(b) Twelve feet long.
(c) Eight feet long.
(d) Three feet long.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jody whittle for his father's Christmas gift?
2. What vegetable is Jody hoeing on the day that he wants to visit Fodder Wing with his new fawn?
3. When Jody leaves to visit Fodder Wing, he is warned that what animal is in its mating season?
4. Why was Penny forced into bed for three days following the return of Old Slewfoot?
5. Where does Penny believe the plague was spread?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)