|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their second calf is killed by Old Slewfoot, which of the following best describes the atmosphere as Penny and Jody hunt the bear?
(a) Filled with terror.
(b) Filled with hope.
(c) Filled with awe.
(d) Filled with hate.
2. As the family makes their way back home after the Christmas celebrations, what emotion best describes the way that Jody feels upon seeing his home again?
3. What gift does Oliver bring back from his adventures for Jody?
(a) A hunting knife.
(b) A rusty mouth organ.
(c) A raccoon-skin knapsack.
(d) A small umbrella.
4. Why don't Penny and Jody follow Old Slewfoot when they see him crossing the river?
(a) Because Jody can't swim.
(b) Because the water is too cold for them to survive the crossing.
(c) Because their dog won't go in the water.
(d) Because Penny can't swim.
5. What is the name of the plague that is sweeping through the woods?
(a) Black Death.
(b) Black Tongue.
(c) Black Plague.
(d) Black Widow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT mentioned as covering the ground in the woods?
2. As Penny and Jody are traveling to the Forrester home, which stories does Penny tell his son?
3. Which character leaves a note posted to his door stating that he has migrated to the ocean and plans to stay drunk for the duration of the storm?
4. What object is used to play the game "Mumbledepeg"?
5. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)