|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lem Forrester throw Penny against the wall?
(a) Because he believes that Penny lied to him.
(b) Because he believes that Penny killed Fodder Wing.
(c) Because he believes that Penny is abusing his dog.
(d) Because he believes that Penny stole from him.
2. In September, why do the bears begin killing the palmettos?
(a) Because the palmettos are the most delicious food for a bear.
(b) Because the Baxter family is using the palmettos as bait.
(c) Because the palmettos are encroaching on bear territory.
(d) Because they don't have any other food supply.
3. What animal attacks Penny while he and Jody are searching for the missing farm animals?
(a) A colony of fire ants.
(b) Old Slewfoot.
(c) A badger.
(d) A rattlesnake.
4. Why does Grandma Hutto allow Jody to return home after the fistfight?
(a) Because she doesn't have room in her house for him.
(b) Because he didn't have any serious injuries.
(c) Because Penny demanded to take Jody home.
(d) So that his mother won't worry about his recovery.
5. Where does the Baxter family plan to spend their Christmas holidays?
(a) At Grandma Hutto house.
(b) At the Forrester house.
(c) On their own farm.
(d) At the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Old Julia follow the yearling tracks that Penny finds in the woods?
2. When the Baxter hogs were returned, what was included as a supposed peace offering?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the lunchtime meal that Jody and his father eat at the Forrester home?
4. On the day that Jody returns from the Forrester's home, what meat does Penny have cooking in the smokehouse?
5. Which of the following characters does NOT enter the woods to search for damages from the storm?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)