|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In September, why do the bears begin killing the palmettos?
(a) Because the Baxter family is using the palmettos as bait.
(b) Because the palmettos are the most delicious food for a bear.
(c) Because they don't have any other food supply.
(d) Because the palmettos are encroaching on bear territory.
2. What animal has been spit up from the river and now covers the ground in the woods?
3. What does Jody promise to feed the fawn if he is allowed to take it home?
(d) Table scraps.
4. When Jody arrives at Fodder Wing's home with his new fawn, what news is he greeted with?
(a) That the Forrester family is once again in a feud with the Baxter family.
(b) That Fodder Wing has run away.
(c) That the Forrester family has moved.
(d) That Fodder Wing has died.
5. Penny and Jody see a type of "dancing" bird while they are out fishing. What type of bird is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal comes sniffing around the camp where the men sleep, enticed by the smell of cooking meat?
2. What is the name of the city where Grandma Hutto lives?
3. What does Penny say about Jody after the fistfight?
4. On the day that Jody returns from the Forrester's home, what meat does Penny have cooking in the smokehouse?
5. How are Penny and Jody greeted by the Forrester family?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)