|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals go missing from the Baxter farm after the fistfight?
(a) The hogs.
(b) The chickens.
(c) The horses.
(d) The cows.
2. What information about Fodder Wing does Jody learn from Fodder Wing's brother while they are in the woods together?
(a) That Fodder Wing can walk again.
(b) That Fodder Wing is ill.
(c) That Fodder Wing will be going on vacation.
(d) That it is Fodder Wing's birthday.
3. What scarce food source does Flag begin to steal and eat from the family?
(a) The corn.
(b) The sweet potatoes.
(c) The sugar cane.
(d) The beets.
4. What reason does Buck Forrester give for wishing to go back to his own home?
(a) To see to his fields.
(b) To sleep in his own bed.
(c) To help build the new well.
(d) To check on his family.
5. How does Jody express himself when he tells his father about his insights into nature?
(a) He finds that he cannot properly express himself.
(b) He has no interest in telling his father what he thinks about nature.
(c) He finds that he is able to express himself eloquently.
(d) He finds that his father is not interested in what he has to say.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does NOT enter the woods to search for damages from the storm?
2. What vegetable is Jody hoeing on the day that he wants to visit Fodder Wing with his new fawn?
3. In what month does the Baxter family experience their first frost of the year?
4. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
5. Why are the Baxter men called to hunt with the Forresters after they initially declined?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)