|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words is used to describe the color of Jody's hair?
2. What is the name of Grandma Hutto's little white dog?
3. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is saddened.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is terrified.
4. How deep is the Baxter family's sinkhole?
(a) 300 feet.
(b) 230 feet.
(c) 60 feet.
(d) 100 feet.
5. What animal has been spit up from the river and now covers the ground in the woods?
Short Answer Questions
1. In September, why do the bears begin killing the palmettos?
2. Where does Penny believe the plague was spread?
3. How many babies did Penny Baxter and his wife bury before Jody was born?
4. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
5. Which of the following words might Jody use to describe his day in the woods in the opening chapter?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)