|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buck stuff into the bee hive to trick the bees out of it?
(b) His T-shirt.
(c) A smoke bomb.
2. Why doesn't the Baxter family own a well?
(a) Because Ma thinks that wells are unclean.
(b) Because wells haven't been invented yet.
(c) Because they didn't like the taste of well water.
(d) Because they can't afford the labor to dig one.
3. In what month does the Baxter family experience their first frost of the year?
4. Which of the following has Penny Baxter always felt closest to?
5. What does Penny allow Jody to make from the rare albino pelt?
(a) A knapsack.
(b) A shirt.
(c) A hat.
(d) A pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal comes sniffing around the camp where the men sleep, enticed by the smell of cooking meat?
2. How are Penny and Jody greeted by the Forrester family?
3. While searching the woods, what animal do the men discover has migrated north?
4. What object is used to play the game "Mumbledepeg"?
5. Which of the following does Jody do to Lem Forrester, attempting to protect Oliver during the fight?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)