|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jody wish for a hurricane?
(a) Because their fields are completely parched of water.
(b) Because he is angry at his father and wishes the crops to be ruined.
(c) Because he doesn't know what a hurricane is.
(d) Because he has fond memories of rain.
2. After the storm, why does the Baxter family suddenly have less milk than usual?
(a) Because the cow died in the storm.
(b) Because the Forresters stole the Baxter family cow.
(c) Because the cow fed its milk to its calf.
(d) Because the fawn drank the cow's milk.
3. What baby animal does Jody see while he is running to fetch the doctor?
(a) A baby fox.
(b) A baby bear.
(c) A baby badger.
(d) A baby deer.
4. What animal comes sniffing around the camp where the men sleep, enticed by the smell of cooking meat?
(a) A panther.
(b) A wild dog.
(c) An alligator.
(d) A bear.
5. In September, why do the bears begin killing the palmettos?
(a) Because the palmettos are the most delicious food for a bear.
(b) Because they don't have any other food supply.
(c) Because the palmettos are encroaching on bear territory.
(d) Because the Baxter family is using the palmettos as bait.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Penny and Jody are traveling to the Forrester home, which stories does Penny tell his son?
2. Which character leaves a note posted to his door stating that he has migrated to the ocean and plans to stay drunk for the duration of the storm?
3. When Jody realizes that a bear or raccoon may not be a good option for a pet, what does he ask his mother for instead?
4. After the bee hunt, who kills Old Slewfoot?
5. What part of Old Slewfoot's body is offered to Buck Forrester to take home to his ailing family member?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)