|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his father's attack, what chore does Jody complete on his own for the first time in his life?
(a) Feeding the horses.
(b) Milking the cows.
(c) Bailing the hay.
(d) Plowing the fields.
2. Which character says that they would like a chance to "whup that bear"?
(a) Jody Baxter.
(b) Ma Baxter.
(c) Lem Forrester.
(d) Penny Baxter.
3. After being accused of having Eulalie Boyles as his sweetheart, what does Jody throw at Eulalie Boyles?
(a) A dime.
(b) A rock.
(c) A potato.
(d) A harmonica.
4. While searching the woods, what animal do the men discover has migrated north?
(a) The deer.
(b) The squirrels.
(c) The bears.
(d) The panthers.
5. In September, why do the bears begin killing the palmettos?
(a) Because they don't have any other food supply.
(b) Because the Baxter family is using the palmettos as bait.
(c) Because the palmettos are the most delicious food for a bear.
(d) Because the palmettos are encroaching on bear territory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words might Jody use to describe his day in the woods in the opening chapter?
2. How does Ma Baxter feel about Buck Forrester staying in their home?
3. Who is with Jody when he thinks he sees the helmeted Spaniard?
4. What animal attacks Penny while he and Jody are searching for the missing farm animals?
5. Who is the only person that the Forrester men feel comfortable sharing their grief with?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)