|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In early October, what smell has begun to permeate the Baxter farm?
(a) Smoking meat.
(b) Rotting carcasses.
(c) Blooming lilac trees.
(d) Rising salt water.
2. As Jody watches the animal with its young, what does he realize about nature?
(a) That nature has a way of rebirthing itself.
(b) That the animal kingdom is a cruel place to live.
(c) That Fodder Wing will always be alive in the animals.
(d) That humans and animals will never be fully connected.
3. How many dogs does the Baxter family own?
4. What scarce food source does Flag begin to steal and eat from the family?
(a) The sugar cane.
(b) The beets.
(c) The sweet potatoes.
(d) The corn.
5. From which character did Penny earn the nickname "Leetle ol' Penny Baxter"?
(a) Oliver Hutto.
(b) Lem Forrester.
(c) Buck Forrester.
(d) Ora Baxter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information about Fodder Wing does Jody learn from Fodder Wing's brother while they are in the woods together?
2. As Penny and Jody are traveling to the Forrester home, which stories does Penny tell his son?
3. What baby animal does Jody see while he is running to fetch the doctor?
4. Which of the following is NOT used as a description of Oliver Hutto?
5. When Jody is forced to pen Flag, what does he use to construct the cage?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)