|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jody give to Doc in exchange for healing his father?
(a) The baby fawn.
(b) The gun traded from the Forresters.
(c) His new hunting knife.
(d) His coonskin knapsack.
2. What does the Baxter family suspect happened to the missing animals?
(a) They suspect that Old Slewfoot got at them.
(b) They suspect that animals have fallen into the stream.
(c) They suspect that they wandered into the woods.
(d) They suspect that the Forrester family stole them.
3. What does Jody see his father do, which prompts him to believe his father will live?
4. What does Penny say about Jody after the fistfight?
(a) That he has acted childishly.
(b) That he will be punished severely.
(c) That he has earned the right to own his own pet.
(d) That he has become a man.
5. After his father's attack, what relationship does Jody have with the animal that attacked him?
(a) He swears to avenge his father's attack.
(b) He dreams about the animal that attacked his father.
(c) He kills the animal that attacked his father.
(d) He is forever terrified of the animal that attacked his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What overwhelming feeling does Jody feel when he is cleaning out the sinkhole?
2. What animals go missing from the Baxter farm after the fistfight?
3. What is the name of Lem Forrester's sweetheart?
4. Which of the following instruments is NOT present in the Forrester family's late night jam session?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the lunchtime meal that Jody and his father eat at the Forrester home?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)