|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In September, why do the bears begin killing the palmettos?
(a) Because they don't have any other food supply.
(b) Because the palmettos are the most delicious food for a bear.
(c) Because the palmettos are encroaching on bear territory.
(d) Because the Baxter family is using the palmettos as bait.
2. What does Buck stuff into the bee hive to trick the bees out of it?
(b) A smoke bomb.
(d) His T-shirt.
3. What unusual animal does the Baxter family have drying in their smoke house?
4. How are Penny and Jody greeted by the Forrester family?
(a) With terror.
(b) With suspicion.
(c) With open arms.
(d) With animosity.
5. When Jody leaves to visit Fodder Wing, he is warned that what animal is in its mating season?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jody promise to feed the fawn if he is allowed to take it home?
2. After the storm, why does the Baxter family suddenly have less milk than usual?
3. As Jody watches the animal with its young, what does he realize about nature?
4. What does Penny say about Jody after the fistfight?
5. What object is used to play the game "Mumbledepeg"?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)