|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jody wish for a hurricane?
(a) Because their fields are completely parched of water.
(b) Because he doesn't know what a hurricane is.
(c) Because he has fond memories of rain.
(d) Because he is angry at his father and wishes the crops to be ruined.
2. What animal movement signals to Penny that bad weather might be coming?
(a) Sea birds flying overhead.
(b) Snails trailing longer trails of slime.
(c) Squirrels nesting with more moss.
(d) Bears migrating to the south.
3. What does Buck stuff into the bee hive to trick the bees out of it?
(a) A smoke bomb.
(b) His T-shirt.
4. After the encounter with the Spaniard, what type of animal does Jody watch feeding its young?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A bear.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A fox.
5. What new baby animal, the newest in his collection, does Fodder Wing show to Jody?
(a) A baby crow.
(b) A baby deer.
(c) A baby raccoon.
(d) A baby pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. During a fight, what does Ma Baxter state that Penny's heart is made of?
2. On the day that Jody returns from the Forrester's home, what meat does Penny have cooking in the smokehouse?
3. Why does Grandma Hutto allow Jody to return home after the fistfight?
4. How long does Penny say Julia must mend before she will be well enough to hunt Old Slewfoot again?
5. Who is with Jody when he thinks he sees the helmeted Spaniard?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)