|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his father's attack, what chore does Jody complete on his own for the first time in his life?
(a) Bailing the hay.
(b) Milking the cows.
(c) Feeding the horses.
(d) Plowing the fields.
2. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
(a) Because the small fish was poisonous.
(b) To teach him that you should never take more than what you need from nature.
(c) Because the small fish wasn't large enough to feed their family.
(d) Because the fish had a small rash spreading over its scales.
3. When Jody is sick in bed, what is Ma worried will kill him if not properly treated?
(a) A high fever.
(b) A measles rash.
(c) Dehydration from vomiting.
(d) A parasite in his stomach.
4. When Jody realizes that a bear or raccoon may not be a good option for a pet, what does he ask his mother for instead?
(a) A trout.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A fawn.
(d) A kitten.
5. What gift does Oliver bring back from his adventures for Jody?
(a) A rusty mouth organ.
(b) A small umbrella.
(c) A hunting knife.
(d) A raccoon-skin knapsack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does all the work on the farm while Jody is sick in bed?
2. While searching the woods, what animal do the men discover has migrated north?
3. Why was Penny forced into bed for three days following the return of Old Slewfoot?
4. Where has Oliver Hutto been living, before he returns to Grandma Hutto's home?
5. What animal attacks Penny while he and Jody are searching for the missing farm animals?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)