|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT used as a description of Oliver Hutto?
(a) Red-tinged hair.
(b) Muscled shoulders.
(c) Tanned skin.
(d) Gray eyes.
2. Which character says that they would like a chance to "whup that bear"?
(a) Penny Baxter.
(b) Jody Baxter.
(c) Ma Baxter.
(d) Lem Forrester.
3. Why does Grandma Hutto allow Jody to return home after the fistfight?
(a) So that his mother won't worry about his recovery.
(b) Because he didn't have any serious injuries.
(c) Because Penny demanded to take Jody home.
(d) Because she doesn't have room in her house for him.
4. What alcoholic beverage do all but Jody drink at the Forrester home?
(b) Black whiskey.
(c) Grape wine.
(d) Malt beer.
5. What does Jody see his father do, which prompts him to believe his father will live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the Baxter family own a well?
2. From which character did Penny earn the nickname "Leetle ol' Penny Baxter"?
3. What reason does Buck Forrester give for wishing to go back to his own home?
4. How long does Penny say Julia must mend before she will be well enough to hunt Old Slewfoot again?
5. Which of the following words finishes this phrase from the Forrester home: "I'm so hungry, my ______ thinks my throat is cut"?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)