|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Penny say about Jody after the fistfight?
(a) That he has become a man.
(b) That he has acted childishly.
(c) That he has earned the right to own his own pet.
(d) That he will be punished severely.
2. After his father's attack, what relationship does Jody have with the animal that attacked him?
(a) He is forever terrified of the animal that attacked his father.
(b) He kills the animal that attacked his father.
(c) He dreams about the animal that attacked his father.
(d) He swears to avenge his father's attack.
3. What animal from the Baxter family farm was killed by Old Slewfoot?
(a) A horse.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A pig.
(d) A cow.
4. When Jody sees that his mother is in a bad mood, on what does he compliment her in an attempt to cheer her mood?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) Her clean home.
(c) Her sewing abilities.
(d) Her good looks.
5. Which of the following is NOT used as a description of Oliver Hutto?
(a) Red-tinged hair.
(b) Tanned skin.
(c) Gray eyes.
(d) Muscled shoulders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Lem Forrester's sweetheart?
2. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
3. What baby animal does Jody see while he is running to fetch the doctor?
4. Which of the following words might Jody use to describe his day in the woods in the opening chapter?
5. Why does Grandma Hutto allow Jody to return home after the fistfight?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)