|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandma Hutto allow Jody to return home after the fistfight?
(a) Because Penny demanded to take Jody home.
(b) Because he didn't have any serious injuries.
(c) Because she doesn't have room in her house for him.
(d) So that his mother won't worry about his recovery.
2. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
(a) To teach him that you should never take more than what you need from nature.
(b) Because the fish had a small rash spreading over its scales.
(c) Because the small fish was poisonous.
(d) Because the small fish wasn't large enough to feed their family.
3. What does Lem Forrester trade to Penny in exchange for the fiest?
(b) A sack of food.
(c) A gun.
(d) An animal pelt.
4. What does Penny say about Jody after the fistfight?
(a) That he has acted childishly.
(b) That he will be punished severely.
(c) That he has earned the right to own his own pet.
(d) That he has become a man.
5. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
(d) Weeping willow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says that they would like a chance to "whup that bear"?
2. What type of albino animal is caught in Penny's trap?
3. From whom does Penny borrow a mare to travel home?
4. What information about Fodder Wing does Jody learn from Fodder Wing's brother while they are in the woods together?
5. Which of the following does Jody do to Lem Forrester, attempting to protect Oliver during the fight?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)