|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jody promise to feed the fawn if he is allowed to take it home?
(a) Table scraps.
2. From whom does Penny borrow a mare to travel home?
(a) Twink Weatherby.
(b) Grandma Hutto.
(c) Mr. Boyle.
(d) Lem Forrester.
3. After the bee hunt, who kills Old Slewfoot?
(d) Buck Forrester.
4. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
(a) To teach him that you should never take more than what you need from nature.
(b) Because the fish had a small rash spreading over its scales.
(c) Because the small fish was poisonous.
(d) Because the small fish wasn't large enough to feed their family.
5. After his father's attack, what chore does Jody complete on his own for the first time in his life?
(a) Feeding the horses.
(b) Plowing the fields.
(c) Bailing the hay.
(d) Milking the cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jody give to Doc in exchange for healing his father?
2. How many times does Penny's gun misfire, missing the bear that he is hunting?
3. What animal attacks Penny while he and Jody are searching for the missing farm animals?
4. What baby animal does Jody see while he is running to fetch the doctor?
5. How long does Penny say Julia must mend before she will be well enough to hunt Old Slewfoot again?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)