|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Jody admit to feeling when he kills an animal during a hunt?
2. From whom does Penny borrow a mare to travel home?
(a) Twink Weatherby.
(b) Lem Forrester.
(c) Mr. Boyle.
(d) Grandma Hutto.
3. When Jody sees Oliver to say goodbye, what does Oliver ask Jody to do for him?
(a) Deliver a message to Twink.
(b) Pick up his medicine from the doctor's office.
(c) Pray for his healing wounds.
(d) Punch Lem Forrester the next time he sees him.
4. What does the Baxter family suspect happened to the missing animals?
(a) They suspect that the Forrester family stole them.
(b) They suspect that Old Slewfoot got at them.
(c) They suspect that animals have fallen into the stream.
(d) They suspect that they wandered into the woods.
5. Why doesn't the Baxter family own a well?
(a) Because wells haven't been invented yet.
(b) Because they can't afford the labor to dig one.
(c) Because Ma thinks that wells are unclean.
(d) Because they didn't like the taste of well water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Jody do to Lem Forrester, attempting to protect Oliver during the fight?
2. Which of the following words finishes this phrase from the Forrester home: "I'm so hungry, my ______ thinks my throat is cut"?
3. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Ma Baxter's opinion of the Forrester family?
5. What object is used to play the game "Mumbledepeg"?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)