|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How deep is the Baxter family's sinkhole?
(a) 60 feet.
(b) 230 feet.
(c) 100 feet.
(d) 300 feet.
2. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
3. How many dogs does the Baxter family own?
4. Where has Oliver Hutto been living, before he returns to Grandma Hutto's home?
(a) On a small island.
(b) Out at sea.
(c) Deep in the woods.
(d) In the desert.
5. Which of the following is NOT used as a description of Oliver Hutto?
(a) Gray eyes.
(b) Muscled shoulders.
(c) Red-tinged hair.
(d) Tanned skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jody sees that his mother is in a bad mood, on what does he compliment her in an attempt to cheer her mood?
2. Penny and Jody see a type of "dancing" bird while they are out fishing. What type of bird is it?
3. What unusual animal does the Baxter family have drying in their smoke house?
4. Why doesn't the Baxter family own a well?
5. From which character did Penny earn the nickname "Leetle ol' Penny Baxter"?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)