|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Baxter family suspect happened to the missing animals?
(a) They suspect that they wandered into the woods.
(b) They suspect that Old Slewfoot got at them.
(c) They suspect that the Forrester family stole them.
(d) They suspect that animals have fallen into the stream.
2. Where has Oliver Hutto been living, before he returns to Grandma Hutto's home?
(a) On a small island.
(b) In the desert.
(c) Out at sea.
(d) Deep in the woods.
3. What overwhelming feeling does Jody feel when he is cleaning out the sinkhole?
4. Which of the following has Penny Baxter always felt closest to?
5. What does Lem Forrester trade to Penny in exchange for the fiest?
(a) A gun.
(b) A sack of food.
(d) An animal pelt.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Penny and Jody are traveling to the Forrester home, which stories does Penny tell his son?
2. What gift does Oliver bring back from his adventures for Jody?
3. How deep is the Baxter family's sinkhole?
4. How many babies did Penny Baxter and his wife bury before Jody was born?
5. What animal from the Baxter family farm was killed by Old Slewfoot?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)