|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
(a) Because the fish had a small rash spreading over its scales.
(b) Because the small fish was poisonous.
(c) Because the small fish wasn't large enough to feed their family.
(d) To teach him that you should never take more than what you need from nature.
2. From which character did Penny earn the nickname "Leetle ol' Penny Baxter"?
(a) Buck Forrester.
(b) Oliver Hutto.
(c) Lem Forrester.
(d) Ora Baxter.
3. When Jody realizes that a bear or raccoon may not be a good option for a pet, what does he ask his mother for instead?
(a) A trout.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A fawn.
(d) A puppy.
4. Which of the following has Penny Baxter always felt closest to?
5. What new baby animal, the newest in his collection, does Fodder Wing show to Jody?
(a) A baby crow.
(b) A baby deer.
(c) A baby pig.
(d) A baby raccoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alcoholic beverage do all but Jody drink at the Forrester home?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Ma Baxter's opinion of the Forrester family?
3. Penny and Jody see a type of "dancing" bird while they are out fishing. What type of bird is it?
4. How long does Penny say Julia must mend before she will be well enough to hunt Old Slewfoot again?
5. Which of the following instruments is NOT present in the Forrester family's late night jam session?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)