|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the Baxter family own a well?
(a) Because they can't afford the labor to dig one.
(b) Because wells haven't been invented yet.
(c) Because they didn't like the taste of well water.
(d) Because Ma thinks that wells are unclean.
2. When Jody sees that his mother is in a bad mood, on what does he compliment her in an attempt to cheer her mood?
(a) Her good looks.
(b) Her cooking.
(c) Her sewing abilities.
(d) Her clean home.
3. Why does Grandma Hutto allow Jody to return home after the fistfight?
(a) Because he didn't have any serious injuries.
(b) Because Penny demanded to take Jody home.
(c) Because she doesn't have room in her house for him.
(d) So that his mother won't worry about his recovery.
4. What new baby animal, the newest in his collection, does Fodder Wing show to Jody?
(a) A baby raccoon.
(b) A baby deer.
(c) A baby crow.
(d) A baby pig.
5. How many babies did Penny Baxter and his wife bury before Jody was born?
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Penny borrow a mare to travel home?
2. How deep is the Baxter family's sinkhole?
3. Who does all the work on the farm while Jody is sick in bed?
4. Which of the following does Jody do to Lem Forrester, attempting to protect Oliver during the fight?
5. When Jody is sick in bed, what is Ma worried will kill him if not properly treated?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)