|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following has Penny Baxter always felt closest to?
2. What does Jody create with palm fronds in the woods?
(a) A flutter-wand.
(b) A flutter-mill.
(c) A flutter-boat.
(d) A flutter-bed.
3. When Jody sees that his mother is in a bad mood, on what does he compliment her in an attempt to cheer her mood?
(a) Her clean home.
(b) Her sewing abilities.
(c) Her good looks.
(d) Her cooking.
4. How deep is the Baxter family's sinkhole?
(a) 100 feet.
(b) 60 feet.
(c) 300 feet.
(d) 230 feet.
5. What animal attacks Penny while he and Jody are searching for the missing farm animals?
(a) Old Slewfoot.
(b) A badger.
(c) A rattlesnake.
(d) A colony of fire ants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words is used to describe the color of Jody's hair?
2. When Jody realizes that a bear or raccoon may not be a good option for a pet, what does he ask his mother for instead?
3. Which of the following words finishes this phrase from the Forrester home: "I'm so hungry, my ______ thinks my throat is cut"?
4. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
5. What baby animal does Jody see while he is running to fetch the doctor?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)