|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the Baxter family own a well?
(a) Because wells haven't been invented yet.
(b) Because they didn't like the taste of well water.
(c) Because Ma thinks that wells are unclean.
(d) Because they can't afford the labor to dig one.
2. What does Jody create with palm fronds in the woods?
(a) A flutter-boat.
(b) A flutter-mill.
(c) A flutter-bed.
(d) A flutter-wand.
3. How deep is the Baxter family's sinkhole?
(a) 100 feet.
(b) 300 feet.
(c) 230 feet.
(d) 60 feet.
4. How many times does Penny's gun misfire, missing the bear that he is hunting?
5. What animal from the Baxter family farm was killed by Old Slewfoot?
(a) A horse.
(b) A pig.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alcoholic beverage do all but Jody drink at the Forrester home?
2. Which of the following is NOT a watering trough at the Baxter family sinkhole?
3. What does Lem Forrester trade to Penny in exchange for the fiest?
4. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
5. Which of the following has Penny Baxter always felt closest to?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)