|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Penny say Julia must mend before she will be well enough to hunt Old Slewfoot again?
(a) One day.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One year.
2. What does Jody admit to eating, which he believes has caused his upset stomach?
(a) Curdled milk.
(b) Poisonous plants.
(c) Undercooked meat.
(d) Half-ripe berries.
3. What alcoholic beverage do all but Jody drink at the Forrester home?
(a) Grape wine.
(b) Malt beer.
(d) Black whiskey.
4. Why doesn't the Baxter family own a well?
(a) Because they didn't like the taste of well water.
(b) Because wells haven't been invented yet.
(c) Because they can't afford the labor to dig one.
(d) Because Ma thinks that wells are unclean.
5. Which of the following is NOT a watering trough at the Baxter family sinkhole?
(a) A birdbath trough.
(b) A laundry washing trough.
(c) A swine watering trough.
(d) A livestock watering trough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words might Jody use to describe his day in the woods in the opening chapter?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the lunchtime meal that Jody and his father eat at the Forrester home?
3. How are Penny and Jody greeted by the Forrester family?
4. Which of the following words finishes this phrase from the Forrester home: "I'm so hungry, my ______ thinks my throat is cut"?
5. How many dogs does the Baxter family own?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)