|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lem Forrester trade to Penny in exchange for the fiest?
(a) An animal pelt.
(b) A sack of food.
(c) A gun.
2. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
(a) Because the small fish was poisonous.
(b) To teach him that you should never take more than what you need from nature.
(c) Because the small fish wasn't large enough to feed their family.
(d) Because the fish had a small rash spreading over its scales.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the lunchtime meal that Jody and his father eat at the Forrester home?
4. How are Penny and Jody greeted by the Forrester family?
(a) With animosity.
(b) With terror.
(c) With open arms.
(d) With suspicion.
5. How long does Penny say Julia must mend before she will be well enough to hunt Old Slewfoot again?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jody is sick in bed, what is Ma worried will kill him if not properly treated?
2. Which of the following has Penny Baxter always felt closest to?
3. How many times does Penny's gun misfire, missing the bear that he is hunting?
4. What animal from the Baxter family farm was killed by Old Slewfoot?
5. As Penny and Jody are traveling to the Forrester home, which stories does Penny tell his son?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)