|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following has Penny Baxter always felt closest to?
2. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
(a) To teach him that you should never take more than what you need from nature.
(b) Because the fish had a small rash spreading over its scales.
(c) Because the small fish was poisonous.
(d) Because the small fish wasn't large enough to feed their family.
3. How many sons do the Forresters have?
4. What unusual animal does the Baxter family have drying in their smoke house?
5. From which character did Penny earn the nickname "Leetle ol' Penny Baxter"?
(a) Lem Forrester.
(b) Buck Forrester.
(c) Ora Baxter.
(d) Oliver Hutto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object is used to play the game "Mumbledepeg"?
2. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
3. What type of albino animal is caught in Penny's trap?
4. What overwhelming feeling does Jody feel when he is cleaning out the sinkhole?
5. When Jody sees that his mother is in a bad mood, on what does he compliment her in an attempt to cheer her mood?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)