|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How deep is the Baxter family's sinkhole?
(a) 60 feet.
(b) 100 feet.
(c) 300 feet.
(d) 230 feet.
2. On the day that Jody returns from the Forrester's home, what meat does Penny have cooking in the smokehouse?
3. How many sons do the Forresters have?
4. What animal from the Baxter family farm was killed by Old Slewfoot?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A pig.
(c) A cow.
(d) A horse.
5. What does Jody admit to eating, which he believes has caused his upset stomach?
(a) Half-ripe berries.
(b) Undercooked meat.
(c) Poisonous plants.
(d) Curdled milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Penny and Jody greeted by the Forrester family?
2. Which of the following words might Jody use to describe his day in the woods in the opening chapter?
3. How many babies did Penny Baxter and his wife bury before Jody was born?
4. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
5. What alcoholic beverage do all but Jody drink at the Forrester home?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)