|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lem Forrester trade to Penny in exchange for the fiest?
(b) A sack of food.
(c) A gun.
(d) An animal pelt.
2. On the day that Jody returns from the Forrester's home, what meat does Penny have cooking in the smokehouse?
3. Which of the following is NOT a watering trough at the Baxter family sinkhole?
(a) A laundry washing trough.
(b) A swine watering trough.
(c) A livestock watering trough.
(d) A birdbath trough.
4. How many dogs does the Baxter family own?
5. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
(a) To teach him that you should never take more than what you need from nature.
(b) Because the small fish was poisonous.
(c) Because the fish had a small rash spreading over its scales.
(d) Because the small fish wasn't large enough to feed their family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How deep is the Baxter family's sinkhole?
2. What new baby animal, the newest in his collection, does Fodder Wing show to Jody?
3. Which character says that they would like a chance to "whup that bear"?
4. From which character did Penny earn the nickname "Leetle ol' Penny Baxter"?
5. Which of the following words might Jody use to describe his day in the woods in the opening chapter?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)