|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which character did Penny earn the nickname "Leetle ol' Penny Baxter"?
(a) Buck Forrester.
(b) Lem Forrester.
(c) Ora Baxter.
(d) Oliver Hutto.
2. How many times does Penny's gun misfire, missing the bear that he is hunting?
3. When Jody is sick in bed, what is Ma worried will kill him if not properly treated?
(a) A high fever.
(b) A measles rash.
(c) A parasite in his stomach.
(d) Dehydration from vomiting.
4. What does Lem Forrester trade to Penny in exchange for the fiest?
(a) A sack of food.
(b) An animal pelt.
(d) A gun.
5. Penny and Jody see a type of "dancing" bird while they are out fishing. What type of bird is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a watering trough at the Baxter family sinkhole?
2. What does Jody create with palm fronds in the woods?
3. How deep is the Baxter family's sinkhole?
4. What does Jody admit to eating, which he believes has caused his upset stomach?
5. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)