|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object is used to play the game "Mumbledepeg"?
(a) A metal hammer.
(b) A jackknife.
(c) A wooden stake.
(d) A loaded gun.
2. What does Jody create with palm fronds in the woods?
(a) A flutter-boat.
(b) A flutter-bed.
(c) A flutter-mill.
(d) A flutter-wand.
3. As Penny and Jody are traveling to the Forrester home, which stories does Penny tell his son?
(a) Stories of the Spanish explorers.
(b) Stories of the Greek Gods.
(c) Stories of the Roman Emperors.
(d) Stories of the Russian Barbarians.
4. From which character did Penny earn the nickname "Leetle ol' Penny Baxter"?
(a) Ora Baxter.
(b) Lem Forrester.
(c) Buck Forrester.
(d) Oliver Hutto.
5. How many sons do the Forresters have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Penny say Julia must mend before she will be well enough to hunt Old Slewfoot again?
2. How many times does Penny's gun misfire, missing the bear that he is hunting?
3. What is the name of Lem Forrester's sweetheart?
4. Who is injured during the first hunt of Old Slewfoot?
5. Which character says that they would like a chance to "whup that bear"?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)