|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal from the Baxter family farm was killed by Old Slewfoot?
(a) A pig.
(b) A cow.
(c) A horse.
(d) A chicken.
2. As Penny and Jody are traveling to the Forrester home, which stories does Penny tell his son?
(a) Stories of the Russian Barbarians.
(b) Stories of the Greek Gods.
(c) Stories of the Spanish explorers.
(d) Stories of the Roman Emperors.
3. What unusual animal does the Baxter family have drying in their smoke house?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the lunchtime meal that Jody and his father eat at the Forrester home?
5. Which of the following words might Jody use to describe his day in the woods in the opening chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following has Penny Baxter always felt closest to?
2. What is the name of Lem Forrester's sweetheart?
3. How many times does Penny's gun misfire, missing the bear that he is hunting?
4. How many babies did Penny Baxter and his wife bury before Jody was born?
5. When Jody sees that his mother is in a bad mood, on what does he compliment her in an attempt to cheer her mood?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)