|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words might Jody use to describe his day in the woods in the opening chapter?
2. What unusual animal does the Baxter family have drying in their smoke house?
3. How many dogs does the Baxter family own?
4. When Jody sees that his mother is in a bad mood, on what does he compliment her in an attempt to cheer her mood?
(a) Her sewing abilities.
(b) Her good looks.
(c) Her cooking.
(d) Her clean home.
5. Which of the following words finishes this phrase from the Forrester home: "I'm so hungry, my ______ thinks my throat is cut"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jody create with palm fronds in the woods?
2. What is the name of Lem Forrester's sweetheart?
3. As Penny and Jody are traveling to the Forrester home, which stories does Penny tell his son?
4. On the day that Jody returns from the Forrester's home, what meat does Penny have cooking in the smokehouse?
5. What object is used to play the game "Mumbledepeg"?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)