|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words might Jody use to describe his day in the woods in the opening chapter?
2. Which character says that they would like a chance to "whup that bear"?
(a) Jody Baxter.
(b) Ma Baxter.
(c) Lem Forrester.
(d) Penny Baxter.
3. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
(a) Weeping willow.
4. How many babies did Penny Baxter and his wife bury before Jody was born?
5. What does Fodder Wing feed to his dogs?
(a) Table scraps.
(b) He doesn't feed them.
(c) Smaller animals.
(d) Dog food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Penny say Julia must mend before she will be well enough to hunt Old Slewfoot again?
2. As Penny and Jody are traveling to the Forrester home, which stories does Penny tell his son?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Ma Baxter's opinion of the Forrester family?
4. What does Jody create with palm fronds in the woods?
5. Which of the following words finishes this phrase from the Forrester home: "I'm so hungry, my ______ thinks my throat is cut"?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)