|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many species of animals were the Baxters able to find that had been spared from the plague?
(a) Ten species.
(b) Two species.
(c) No species was spared.
(d) Three species.
2. What does Fodder Wing feed to his dogs?
(a) He doesn't feed them.
(b) Smaller animals.
(c) Table scraps.
(d) Dog food.
3. What animal attacks Penny while he and Jody are searching for the missing farm animals?
(a) Old Slewfoot.
(b) A rattlesnake.
(c) A colony of fire ants.
(d) A badger.
4. After the encounter with the Spaniard, what type of animal does Jody watch feeding its young?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A fox.
(d) A bear.
5. What baby animal does Jody see while he is running to fetch the doctor?
(a) A baby badger.
(b) A baby bear.
(c) A baby deer.
(d) A baby fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Buck Forrester give for wishing to go back to his own home?
2. After their second calf is killed by Old Slewfoot, which of the following best describes the atmosphere as Penny and Jody hunt the bear?
3. As Jody watches the animal with its young, what does he realize about nature?
4. What does the Baxter family suspect happened to the missing animals?
5. Who is watching over Jody when he awakens from the fistfight?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)