|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wolves invade the Baxter family farm?
(a) Three dozen.
(b) One dozen.
2. Why was Penny forced into bed for three days following the return of Old Slewfoot?
(a) He had a fever.
(b) He accidentally shot his own leg.
(c) He was bitten by the bear.
(d) He caught the plague.
3. Why does the Baxter family decide to slaughter their pigs before they are fattened?
(a) Because they can no longer afford the pigs' feed.
(b) Because the family is starving.
(c) So that the bears cannot eat them.
(d) So that they won't catch the plague.
4. What gift does Oliver bring back from his adventures for Jody?
(a) A raccoon-skin knapsack.
(b) A hunting knife.
(c) A rusty mouth organ.
(d) A small umbrella.
5. How does Jody express himself when he tells his father about his insights into nature?
(a) He finds that he cannot properly express himself.
(b) He finds that his father is not interested in what he has to say.
(c) He finds that he is able to express himself eloquently.
(d) He has no interest in telling his father what he thinks about nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Penny and Jody finally arrive at Grandma Hutto's home, which of the following adjectives best describes the conversation between Ma Baxter and Grandma Hutto?
2. When Jody is forced to pen Flag, what does he use to construct the cage?
3. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
4. What interesting thing does Penny witness a maimed wolf doing on his property?
5. Which of the following words is used to describe the color of Jody's hair?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)