|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jody sees that his mother is in a bad mood, on what does he compliment her in an attempt to cheer her mood?
(a) Her clean home.
(b) Her sewing abilities.
(c) Her good looks.
(d) Her cooking.
2. When Jody sees Oliver to say goodbye, what does Oliver ask Jody to do for him?
(a) Punch Lem Forrester the next time he sees him.
(b) Pick up his medicine from the doctor's office.
(c) Deliver a message to Twink.
(d) Pray for his healing wounds.
3. What information about Fodder Wing does Jody learn from Fodder Wing's brother while they are in the woods together?
(a) That it is Fodder Wing's birthday.
(b) That Fodder Wing can walk again.
(c) That Fodder Wing is ill.
(d) That Fodder Wing will be going on vacation.
4. How do the Forrester men suggest they get rid of the invading wolves?
(a) Shoot them.
(b) Trap them.
(c) Poison them.
(d) Drown them.
5. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
(a) Because the small fish was poisonous.
(b) Because the small fish wasn't large enough to feed their family.
(c) To teach him that you should never take more than what you need from nature.
(d) Because the fish had a small rash spreading over its scales.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the run-in with the Forresters at the Christmas party, where does Grandma Hutto decide to move?
2. During a fight, what does Ma Baxter state that Penny's heart is made of?
3. After the encounter with the Spaniard, what type of animal does Jody watch feeding its young?
4. What object is used to play the game "Mumbledepeg"?
5. What gift does Oliver bring back from his adventures for Jody?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)