|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Penny forced into bed for three days following the return of Old Slewfoot?
(a) He had a fever.
(b) He caught the plague.
(c) He accidentally shot his own leg.
(d) He was bitten by the bear.
2. After Christmas, to what does Jody compare the members of the Hutto family?
(a) Baby birds that were taken too soon from their mother.
(b) Soldiers fighting a far away war.
(c) International spies.
(d) Characters in a fairy tale.
3. As the family makes their way back home after the Christmas celebrations, what emotion best describes the way that Jody feels upon seeing his home again?
4. When the Baxter hogs were returned, what was included as a supposed peace offering?
(a) A mule.
(b) A blue ribbon calf.
(c) A gaggle of geese.
(d) An extra sow.
5. At what time must Jody finish all of his chores before he is allowed to visit Fodder Wing?
(a) 3 p.m.
(b) 5 p.m.
(d) 9 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
2. Who chooses the new name, Flag, for Jody's new fawn?
3. Who is the only member of the Baxter family to kill one of the invading wolves?
4. Who does all the work on the farm while Jody is sick in bed?
5. How long does Penny say Julia must mend before she will be well enough to hunt Old Slewfoot again?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)