|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Old Julia follow the yearling tracks that Penny finds in the woods?
(a) Because the Baxters are no longer hunting deer.
(b) Because they are Flag's tracks.
(c) Because she can smell bears in the distance.
(d) Because she is getting too old to hunt.
2. After Christmas, to what does Jody compare the members of the Hutto family?
(a) Characters in a fairy tale.
(b) International spies.
(c) Baby birds that were taken too soon from their mother.
(d) Soldiers fighting a far away war.
3. When Jody leaves to visit Fodder Wing, he is warned that what animal is in its mating season?
4. When Penny and Jody finally arrive at Grandma Hutto's home, which of the following adjectives best describes the conversation between Ma Baxter and Grandma Hutto?
5. What color is Twink's hair?
(a) Light brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scarce food source does Flag begin to steal and eat from the family?
2. What interesting thing does Penny witness a maimed wolf doing on his property?
3. Where does Penny believe the plague was spread?
4. After Christmas, how often do the Forrester brothers ride past the Baxter farm.
5. From whom does Penny borrow a mare to travel home?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)