|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT used as a description of Oliver Hutto?
(a) Muscled shoulders.
(b) Red-tinged hair.
(c) Tanned skin.
(d) Gray eyes.
2. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
(a) Because the small fish wasn't large enough to feed their family.
(b) To teach him that you should never take more than what you need from nature.
(c) Because the fish had a small rash spreading over its scales.
(d) Because the small fish was poisonous.
3. From whom does Penny borrow a mare to travel home?
(a) Grandma Hutto.
(b) Mr. Boyle.
(c) Lem Forrester.
(d) Twink Weatherby.
4. When Jody is sick in bed, what is Ma worried will kill him if not properly treated?
(a) A measles rash.
(b) A high fever.
(c) Dehydration from vomiting.
(d) A parasite in his stomach.
5. How do the Forrester men suggest they get rid of the invading wolves?
(a) Shoot them.
(b) Poison them.
(c) Trap them.
(d) Drown them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Penny say about Jody after the fistfight?
2. Who is the only member of the Baxter family to kill one of the invading wolves?
3. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Ma Baxter's opinion of the Forrester family?
5. What does Lem Forrester trade to Penny in exchange for the fiest?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)