|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Penny borrow a mare to travel home?
(a) Grandma Hutto.
(b) Mr. Boyle.
(c) Lem Forrester.
(d) Twink Weatherby.
2. What color is Twink's hair?
(d) Light brown.
3. When Jody is forced to pen Flag, what does he use to construct the cage?
(a) Old fences.
(b) Old tree limbs.
(c) Old siding from the cabin.
(d) Old railroad tracks.
4. Why was Penny forced into bed for three days following the return of Old Slewfoot?
(a) He accidentally shot his own leg.
(b) He caught the plague.
(c) He had a fever.
(d) He was bitten by the bear.
5. Who is watching over Jody when he awakens from the fistfight?
(a) Oliver Hutto.
(b) Grandma Hutto.
(c) Fodder Wing.
(d) Lem Forrester.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jody is sick in bed, what is Ma worried will kill him if not properly treated?
2. When Jody sees that his mother is in a bad mood, on what does he compliment her in an attempt to cheer her mood?
3. What does Jody give to Doc in exchange for healing his father?
4. Which of the following words finishes this phrase from the Forrester home: "I'm so hungry, my ______ thinks my throat is cut"?
5. Who does all the work on the farm while Jody is sick in bed?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)