|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Penny borrow a mare to travel home?
(a) Lem Forrester.
(b) Grandma Hutto.
(c) Twink Weatherby.
(d) Mr. Boyle.
2. What unusual animal does the Baxter family have drying in their smoke house?
3. What does Ma call the Forrester boys after the lie to Oliver Hutto?
4. What bird does Penny notice has survived the plague?
(d) Wild turkeys.
5. On the day that Jody returns from the Forrester's home, what meat does Penny have cooking in the smokehouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Jody a round box for his gunpowder for Christmas?
2. Why does Penny explain that it was necessary to lie to Oliver Hutto?
3. Who takes Jody into the woods in search of the fawn?
4. Why does the Baxter family decide to slaughter their pigs before they are fattened?
5. What animal comes sniffing around the camp where the men sleep, enticed by the smell of cooking meat?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)