|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Old Julia follow the yearling tracks that Penny finds in the woods?
(a) Because they are Flag's tracks.
(b) Because the Baxters are no longer hunting deer.
(c) Because she can smell bears in the distance.
(d) Because she is getting too old to hunt.
2. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
3. How many wolves invade the Baxter family farm?
(a) Three dozen.
(d) One dozen.
4. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
(a) Because the small fish was poisonous.
(b) Because the small fish wasn't large enough to feed their family.
(c) To teach him that you should never take more than what you need from nature.
(d) Because the fish had a small rash spreading over its scales.
5. In what month does the Baxter family experience their first frost of the year?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Penny's gun misfire, missing the bear that he is hunting?
2. What animal comes sniffing around the camp where the men sleep, enticed by the smell of cooking meat?
3. When the Baxter hogs were returned, what was included as a supposed peace offering?
4. Who does all the work on the farm while Jody is sick in bed?
5. Which of the following does Jody do to Lem Forrester, attempting to protect Oliver during the fight?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)