|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Oliver bring back from his adventures for Jody?
(a) A rusty mouth organ.
(b) A raccoon-skin knapsack.
(c) A hunting knife.
(d) A small umbrella.
2. What animal from the Baxter family farm was killed by Old Slewfoot?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A cow.
(c) A pig.
(d) A horse.
3. Who is injured during the first hunt of Old Slewfoot?
4. Which character says that they would like a chance to "whup that bear"?
(a) Lem Forrester.
(b) Penny Baxter.
(c) Ma Baxter.
(d) Jody Baxter.
5. Which of the following does Jody do to Lem Forrester, attempting to protect Oliver during the fight?
(a) Kicks his shin.
(b) Spits on his shoes.
(c) Punches his back.
(d) Bites his wrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jody admit to eating, which he believes has caused his upset stomach?
2. Which of the following words finishes this phrase from the Forrester home: "I'm so hungry, my ______ thinks my throat is cut"?
3. Which of the following is NOT used as a description of Oliver Hutto?
4. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
5. What is the name of Lem Forrester's sweetheart?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)