|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does all the work on the farm while Jody is sick in bed?
(a) Lem Forrester.
(d) Fodder Wing.
2. Who does Oliver leave the dinner table to visit, infuriating Jody?
(a) Mr. Boyles.
(b) Fodder Wing.
(d) Lem Forrester.
3. What does Lem Forrester trade to Penny in exchange for the fiest?
(a) A gun.
(b) An animal pelt.
(d) A sack of food.
4. Which of the following does Jody do to Lem Forrester, attempting to protect Oliver during the fight?
(a) Spits on his shoes.
(b) Punches his back.
(c) Bites his wrist.
(d) Kicks his shin.
5. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
(a) Because the small fish was poisonous.
(b) Because the fish had a small rash spreading over its scales.
(c) To teach him that you should never take more than what you need from nature.
(d) Because the small fish wasn't large enough to feed their family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal from the Baxter family farm was killed by Old Slewfoot?
2. Which of the following words finishes this phrase from the Forrester home: "I'm so hungry, my ______ thinks my throat is cut"?
3. On the day that Jody returns from the Forrester's home, what meat does Penny have cooking in the smokehouse?
4. Which character says that they would like a chance to "whup that bear"?
5. What does Jody admit to eating, which he believes has caused his upset stomach?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)