|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Oliver leave the dinner table to visit, infuriating Jody?
(a) Lem Forrester.
(b) Mr. Boyles.
(d) Fodder Wing.
2. How many times does Penny's gun misfire, missing the bear that he is hunting?
3. What emotion does Jody admit to feeling when he kills an animal during a hunt?
4. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
(a) Because the fish had a small rash spreading over its scales.
(b) Because the small fish wasn't large enough to feed their family.
(c) Because the small fish was poisonous.
(d) To teach him that you should never take more than what you need from nature.
5. Which of the following is NOT used as a description of Oliver Hutto?
(a) Red-tinged hair.
(b) Tanned skin.
(c) Muscled shoulders.
(d) Gray eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words finishes this phrase from the Forrester home: "I'm so hungry, my ______ thinks my throat is cut"?
2. How long does Penny say Julia must mend before she will be well enough to hunt Old Slewfoot again?
3. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Ma Baxter's opinion of the Forrester family?
5. What does Jody admit to eating, which he believes has caused his upset stomach?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)