|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does all the work on the farm while Jody is sick in bed?
(b) Fodder Wing.
(c) Lem Forrester.
2. When Jody is sick in bed, what is Ma worried will kill him if not properly treated?
(a) Dehydration from vomiting.
(b) A high fever.
(c) A parasite in his stomach.
(d) A measles rash.
3. What gift does Oliver bring back from his adventures for Jody?
(a) A rusty mouth organ.
(b) A hunting knife.
(c) A raccoon-skin knapsack.
(d) A small umbrella.
4. What emotion does Jody admit to feeling when he kills an animal during a hunt?
5. When Jody sees that his mother is in a bad mood, on what does he compliment her in an attempt to cheer her mood?
(a) Her good looks.
(b) Her clean home.
(c) Her cooking.
(d) Her sewing abilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words finishes this phrase from the Forrester home: "I'm so hungry, my ______ thinks my throat is cut"?
2. On the day that Jody returns from the Forrester's home, what meat does Penny have cooking in the smokehouse?
3. What unusual animal does the Baxter family have drying in their smoke house?
4. Which character says that they would like a chance to "whup that bear"?
5. Who is injured during the first hunt of Old Slewfoot?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)