|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandma Hutto allow Jody to return home after the fistfight?
(a) Because he didn't have any serious injuries.
(b) Because she doesn't have room in her house for him.
(c) Because Penny demanded to take Jody home.
(d) So that his mother won't worry about his recovery.
2. What does Penny say about Jody after the fistfight?
(a) That he will be punished severely.
(b) That he has acted childishly.
(c) That he has earned the right to own his own pet.
(d) That he has become a man.
3. What vegetable is Jody hoeing on the day that he wants to visit Fodder Wing with his new fawn?
(b) Sweet potatoes.
4. Which of the following is NOT mentioned as covering the ground in the woods?
(a) Picket fence posts from neighboring houses.
(b) Dead animal carcasses.
(c) Bent and broken trees.
(d) Ankle-deep water.
5. What animal comes sniffing around the camp where the men sleep, enticed by the smell of cooking meat?
(a) A wild dog.
(b) A panther.
(c) A bear.
(d) An alligator.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time must Jody finish all of his chores before he is allowed to visit Fodder Wing?
2. While walking through the woods, what animal does Penny note is stuck in the same place of life as he is?
3. Penny and Jody see a type of "dancing" bird while they are out fishing. What type of bird is it?
4. What does Lem Forrester trade to Penny in exchange for the fiest?
5. What does Fodder Wing feed to his dogs?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)