|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jody admit to eating, which he believes has caused his upset stomach?
(a) Undercooked meat.
(b) Half-ripe berries.
(c) Curdled milk.
(d) Poisonous plants.
2. Why does Grandma Hutto allow Jody to return home after the fistfight?
(a) Because he didn't have any serious injuries.
(b) Because she doesn't have room in her house for him.
(c) Because Penny demanded to take Jody home.
(d) So that his mother won't worry about his recovery.
3. When Jody is sick in bed, what is Ma worried will kill him if not properly treated?
(a) A measles rash.
(b) A high fever.
(c) A parasite in his stomach.
(d) Dehydration from vomiting.
4. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
(b) Weeping willow.
5. Which of the following instruments is NOT present in the Forrester family's late night jam session?
(a) A whiskey jug.
(b) A fiddle.
(c) A piano.
(d) A guitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal comes sniffing around the camp where the men sleep, enticed by the smell of cooking meat?
2. Who is the only person that the Forrester men feel comfortable sharing their grief with?
3. Who is watching over Jody when he awakens from the fistfight?
4. Who does all the work on the farm while Jody is sick in bed?
5. Which character leaves a note posted to his door stating that he has migrated to the ocean and plans to stay drunk for the duration of the storm?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)