|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chooses the new name, Flag, for Jody's new fawn?
(a) Lem Forrester.
(b) Ma Forrester.
(c) Ma Baxter.
(d) Fodder Wing.
2. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
(a) Because the small fish wasn't large enough to feed their family.
(b) To teach him that you should never take more than what you need from nature.
(c) Because the small fish was poisonous.
(d) Because the fish had a small rash spreading over its scales.
3. Who is the only person that the Forrester men feel comfortable sharing their grief with?
(a) Penny Baxter.
(b) Ma Baxter.
(c) Ma Forrester.
(d) Jody Baxter.
4. What vegetable is Jody hoeing on the day that he wants to visit Fodder Wing with his new fawn?
(c) Sweet potatoes.
5. What animal has been spit up from the river and now covers the ground in the woods?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time must Jody finish all of his chores before he is allowed to visit Fodder Wing?
2. On the ferry ride across the river, what does Jody think about?
3. What animal comes sniffing around the camp where the men sleep, enticed by the smell of cooking meat?
4. When Jody arrives at Fodder Wing's home with his new fawn, what news is he greeted with?
5. From whom does Penny borrow a mare to travel home?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)