|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Penny encourage Jody to return the small fish that he caught back into the water?
(a) Because the fish had a small rash spreading over its scales.
(b) Because the small fish was poisonous.
(c) To teach him that you should never take more than what you need from nature.
(d) Because the small fish wasn't large enough to feed their family.
2. Which of the following instruments is NOT present in the Forrester family's late night jam session?
(a) A fiddle.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A whiskey jug.
(d) A piano.
3. When Jody is sick in bed, what is Ma worried will kill him if not properly treated?
(a) Dehydration from vomiting.
(b) A parasite in his stomach.
(c) A high fever.
(d) A measles rash.
4. Who is the only person that the Forrester men feel comfortable sharing their grief with?
(a) Penny Baxter.
(b) Jody Baxter.
(c) Ma Forrester.
(d) Ma Baxter.
5. What type of tree does Fodder Wing claim resembles a Spaniard mounting his horse?
(c) Weeping willow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Penny and Jody see a type of "dancing" bird while they are out fishing. What type of bird is it?
2. Which character leaves a note posted to his door stating that he has migrated to the ocean and plans to stay drunk for the duration of the storm?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT enter the woods to search for damages from the storm?
4. From whom does Penny borrow a mare to travel home?
5. What does Jody admit to eating, which he believes has caused his upset stomach?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)