|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jody whittle for his father's Christmas gift?
(a) A figurine.
(b) A bowl.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A knife.
2. How do the Baxters carry the body of Old Slewfoot back to their home?
(a) They carry his body over their shoulders.
(b) They float him on a boat lent from Nellie Ginright.
(c) The Forresters arrive to help them.
(d) They only carry his body as far as Fort Gates.
3. What is the name of the city where Grandma Hutto lives?
4. After being accused of having Eulalie Boyles as his sweetheart, what does Jody throw at Eulalie Boyles?
(a) A potato.
(b) A dime.
(c) A rock.
(d) A harmonica.
5. Why don't Penny and Jody follow Old Slewfoot when they see him crossing the river?
(a) Because their dog won't go in the water.
(b) Because the water is too cold for them to survive the crossing.
(c) Because Jody can't swim.
(d) Because Penny can't swim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Penny and Jody come across what animals swinging in a sapling tree?
2. What is the name of Grandma Hutto's little white dog?
3. Who is with Jody when he thinks he sees the helmeted Spaniard?
4. After their second calf is killed by Old Slewfoot, which of the following best describes the atmosphere as Penny and Jody hunt the bear?
5. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)