|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jody express himself when he tells his father about his insights into nature?
(a) He finds that his father is not interested in what he has to say.
(b) He has no interest in telling his father what he thinks about nature.
(c) He finds that he is able to express himself eloquently.
(d) He finds that he cannot properly express himself.
2. What is the name of the city where Grandma Hutto lives?
3. When the Baxter hogs were returned, what was included as a supposed peace offering?
(a) A gaggle of geese.
(b) A blue ribbon calf.
(c) An extra sow.
(d) A mule.
4. How do the Baxters carry the body of Old Slewfoot back to their home?
(a) They carry his body over their shoulders.
(b) They only carry his body as far as Fort Gates.
(c) They float him on a boat lent from Nellie Ginright.
(d) The Forresters arrive to help them.
5. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
(a) He is terrified.
(b) He is saddened.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is shocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Forresters do to the Huttos in retaliation for Oliver's wedding to Twink?
2. As Jody watches the animal with its young, what does he realize about nature?
3. Who is Nellie Ginright?
4. When Jody realizes that a bear or raccoon may not be a good option for a pet, what does he ask his mother for instead?
5. Why don't Penny and Jody follow Old Slewfoot when they see him crossing the river?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)