|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Jody watches the animal with its young, what does he realize about nature?
(a) That Fodder Wing will always be alive in the animals.
(b) That nature has a way of rebirthing itself.
(c) That the animal kingdom is a cruel place to live.
(d) That humans and animals will never be fully connected.
2. When the Baxter hogs were returned, what was included as a supposed peace offering?
(a) A mule.
(b) An extra sow.
(c) A gaggle of geese.
(d) A blue ribbon calf.
3. Penny and Jody come across what animals swinging in a sapling tree?
(c) Bear cubs.
4. How do the Baxters carry the body of Old Slewfoot back to their home?
(a) They float him on a boat lent from Nellie Ginright.
(b) They carry his body over their shoulders.
(c) They only carry his body as far as Fort Gates.
(d) The Forresters arrive to help them.
5. While hunting for Grandma Hutto, how many bucks do Penny and Jody kill?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the encounter with the Spaniard, what type of animal does Jody watch feeding its young?
2. When Jody realizes that a bear or raccoon may not be a good option for a pet, what does he ask his mother for instead?
3. What does Jody whittle for his father's Christmas gift?
4. After being accused of having Eulalie Boyles as his sweetheart, what does Jody throw at Eulalie Boyles?
5. Who is with Jody when he thinks he sees the helmeted Spaniard?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)