|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't Penny and Jody follow Old Slewfoot when they see him crossing the river?
(a) Because Penny can't swim.
(b) Because Jody can't swim.
(c) Because their dog won't go in the water.
(d) Because the water is too cold for them to survive the crossing.
2. When Jody realizes that a bear or raccoon may not be a good option for a pet, what does he ask his mother for instead?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A fawn.
(c) A trout.
(d) A kitten.
3. When the Baxter hogs were returned, what was included as a supposed peace offering?
(a) An extra sow.
(b) A blue ribbon calf.
(c) A mule.
(d) A gaggle of geese.
4. While hunting for Grandma Hutto, how many bucks do Penny and Jody kill?
5. How do the Baxters carry the body of Old Slewfoot back to their home?
(a) They carry his body over their shoulders.
(b) They only carry his body as far as Fort Gates.
(c) They float him on a boat lent from Nellie Ginright.
(d) The Forresters arrive to help them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the city where Grandma Hutto lives?
2. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
3. What does Jody whittle for his father's Christmas gift?
4. How does Jody express himself when he tells his father about his insights into nature?
5. As Jody watches the animal with its young, what does he realize about nature?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)