|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Penny and Jody come across what animals swinging in a sapling tree?
(c) Bear cubs.
2. What do the Forresters do to the Huttos in retaliation for Oliver's wedding to Twink?
(a) They steal all the family's food supply for the winter.
(b) They kidnap Grandma Hutto for ransom.
(c) They kill Oliver and Twink.
(d) They burn down Grandma Hutto's home.
3. How does Jody express himself when he tells his father about his insights into nature?
(a) He finds that he cannot properly express himself.
(b) He has no interest in telling his father what he thinks about nature.
(c) He finds that he is able to express himself eloquently.
(d) He finds that his father is not interested in what he has to say.
4. Why don't Penny and Jody follow Old Slewfoot when they see him crossing the river?
(a) Because the water is too cold for them to survive the crossing.
(b) Because their dog won't go in the water.
(c) Because Jody can't swim.
(d) Because Penny can't swim.
5. What is the name of Grandma Hutto's little white dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jody whittle for his father's Christmas gift?
2. After their second calf is killed by Old Slewfoot, which of the following best describes the atmosphere as Penny and Jody hunt the bear?
3. After being accused of having Eulalie Boyles as his sweetheart, what does Jody throw at Eulalie Boyles?
4. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
5. When the Baxter hogs were returned, what was included as a supposed peace offering?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)