|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Forresters do to the Huttos in retaliation for Oliver's wedding to Twink?
(a) They burn down Grandma Hutto's home.
(b) They steal all the family's food supply for the winter.
(c) They kill Oliver and Twink.
(d) They kidnap Grandma Hutto for ransom.
2. After the encounter with the Spaniard, what type of animal does Jody watch feeding its young?
(a) A bear.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A fox.
3. When the Baxter hogs were returned, what was included as a supposed peace offering?
(a) A blue ribbon calf.
(b) A mule.
(c) A gaggle of geese.
(d) An extra sow.
4. How does Jody express himself when he tells his father about his insights into nature?
(a) He has no interest in telling his father what he thinks about nature.
(b) He finds that he cannot properly express himself.
(c) He finds that he is able to express himself eloquently.
(d) He finds that his father is not interested in what he has to say.
5. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
(a) He is saddened.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is terrified.
(d) He is shocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. After their second calf is killed by Old Slewfoot, which of the following best describes the atmosphere as Penny and Jody hunt the bear?
2. As Jody watches the animal with its young, what does he realize about nature?
3. Penny and Jody come across what animals swinging in a sapling tree?
4. When Jody realizes that a bear or raccoon may not be a good option for a pet, what does he ask his mother for instead?
5. How do the Baxters carry the body of Old Slewfoot back to their home?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)