|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Penny and Jody come across what animals swinging in a sapling tree?
(d) Bear cubs.
2. What do the Forresters do to the Huttos in retaliation for Oliver's wedding to Twink?
(a) They kidnap Grandma Hutto for ransom.
(b) They burn down Grandma Hutto's home.
(c) They kill Oliver and Twink.
(d) They steal all the family's food supply for the winter.
3. What does Jody whittle for his father's Christmas gift?
(a) A bowl.
(b) A knife.
(c) A figurine.
(d) A pipe.
4. When the Baxter hogs were returned, what was included as a supposed peace offering?
(a) A mule.
(b) A blue ribbon calf.
(c) An extra sow.
(d) A gaggle of geese.
5. When Jody realizes that a bear or raccoon may not be a good option for a pet, what does he ask his mother for instead?
(a) A trout.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A fawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. After their second calf is killed by Old Slewfoot, which of the following best describes the atmosphere as Penny and Jody hunt the bear?
2. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
3. While hunting for Grandma Hutto, how many bucks do Penny and Jody kill?
4. After being accused of having Eulalie Boyles as his sweetheart, what does Jody throw at Eulalie Boyles?
5. How does Jody express himself when he tells his father about his insights into nature?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)