|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Baxters carry the body of Old Slewfoot back to their home?
(a) They only carry his body as far as Fort Gates.
(b) They float him on a boat lent from Nellie Ginright.
(c) They carry his body over their shoulders.
(d) The Forresters arrive to help them.
2. While hunting for Grandma Hutto, how many bucks do Penny and Jody kill?
3. What is the name of the city where Grandma Hutto lives?
4. Who is Nellie Ginright?
(a) The town's school teacher.
(b) Ma Baxter's best friend.
(c) Penny's old girlfriend.
(d) A female scientist studying the behaviors of bears.
5. When Jody realizes that a bear or raccoon may not be a good option for a pet, what does he ask his mother for instead?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A fawn.
(c) A trout.
(d) A kitten.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Baxter hogs were returned, what was included as a supposed peace offering?
2. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
3. What does Jody whittle for his father's Christmas gift?
4. After their second calf is killed by Old Slewfoot, which of the following best describes the atmosphere as Penny and Jody hunt the bear?
5. As Jody watches the animal with its young, what does he realize about nature?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)