|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their second calf is killed by Old Slewfoot, which of the following best describes the atmosphere as Penny and Jody hunt the bear?
(a) Filled with hate.
(b) Filled with terror.
(c) Filled with hope.
(d) Filled with awe.
2. Who is with Jody when he thinks he sees the helmeted Spaniard?
(b) Fodder Wing.
(c) Ma Baxter.
3. How does Jody express himself when he tells his father about his insights into nature?
(a) He finds that he cannot properly express himself.
(b) He has no interest in telling his father what he thinks about nature.
(c) He finds that he is able to express himself eloquently.
(d) He finds that his father is not interested in what he has to say.
4. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
(a) He is saddened.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is terrified.
5. How do the Baxters carry the body of Old Slewfoot back to their home?
(a) They carry his body over their shoulders.
(b) They float him on a boat lent from Nellie Ginright.
(c) They only carry his body as far as Fort Gates.
(d) The Forresters arrive to help them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Grandma Hutto's little white dog?
2. Penny and Jody come across what animals swinging in a sapling tree?
3. While hunting for Grandma Hutto, how many bucks do Penny and Jody kill?
4. When Jody realizes that a bear or raccoon may not be a good option for a pet, what does he ask his mother for instead?
5. When the Baxter hogs were returned, what was included as a supposed peace offering?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)