|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jody express himself when he tells his father about his insights into nature?
(a) He finds that he cannot properly express himself.
(b) He finds that he is able to express himself eloquently.
(c) He finds that his father is not interested in what he has to say.
(d) He has no interest in telling his father what he thinks about nature.
2. After their second calf is killed by Old Slewfoot, which of the following best describes the atmosphere as Penny and Jody hunt the bear?
(a) Filled with awe.
(b) Filled with hope.
(c) Filled with terror.
(d) Filled with hate.
3. While hunting for Grandma Hutto, how many bucks do Penny and Jody kill?
4. What is the name of the city where Grandma Hutto lives?
5. Who is Nellie Ginright?
(a) Ma Baxter's best friend.
(b) A female scientist studying the behaviors of bears.
(c) The town's school teacher.
(d) Penny's old girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Baxters carry the body of Old Slewfoot back to their home?
2. When Jody realizes that a bear or raccoon may not be a good option for a pet, what does he ask his mother for instead?
3. Penny and Jody come across what animals swinging in a sapling tree?
4. After being accused of having Eulalie Boyles as his sweetheart, what does Jody throw at Eulalie Boyles?
5. As Jody watches the animal with its young, what does he realize about nature?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)