|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nellie Ginright?
(a) Penny's old girlfriend.
(b) Ma Baxter's best friend.
(c) The town's school teacher.
(d) A female scientist studying the behaviors of bears.
2. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
(a) He is terrified.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is saddened.
3. As Jody watches the animal with its young, what does he realize about nature?
(a) That Fodder Wing will always be alive in the animals.
(b) That the animal kingdom is a cruel place to live.
(c) That humans and animals will never be fully connected.
(d) That nature has a way of rebirthing itself.
4. Why don't Penny and Jody follow Old Slewfoot when they see him crossing the river?
(a) Because their dog won't go in the water.
(b) Because the water is too cold for them to survive the crossing.
(c) Because Jody can't swim.
(d) Because Penny can't swim.
5. What is the name of Grandma Hutto's little white dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the encounter with the Spaniard, what type of animal does Jody watch feeding its young?
2. How do the Baxters carry the body of Old Slewfoot back to their home?
3. What is the name of the city where Grandma Hutto lives?
4. When the Baxter hogs were returned, what was included as a supposed peace offering?
5. How does Jody express himself when he tells his father about his insights into nature?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)