|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jody whittle for his father's Christmas gift?
(a) A bowl.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A figurine.
(d) A knife.
2. How does Jody express himself when he tells his father about his insights into nature?
(a) He has no interest in telling his father what he thinks about nature.
(b) He finds that he is able to express himself eloquently.
(c) He finds that he cannot properly express himself.
(d) He finds that his father is not interested in what he has to say.
3. What is the name of Grandma Hutto's little white dog?
4. When Jody realizes that a bear or raccoon may not be a good option for a pet, what does he ask his mother for instead?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A trout.
(d) A fawn.
5. Why don't Penny and Jody follow Old Slewfoot when they see him crossing the river?
(a) Because their dog won't go in the water.
(b) Because Penny can't swim.
(c) Because the water is too cold for them to survive the crossing.
(d) Because Jody can't swim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Forresters do to the Huttos in retaliation for Oliver's wedding to Twink?
2. Who is with Jody when he thinks he sees the helmeted Spaniard?
3. Who is Nellie Ginright?
4. As Jody watches the animal with its young, what does he realize about nature?
5. How does Jody react when he first sees the Spaniard in the trees?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)