Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. How many dogs does the Baxter family own?
2. What does Jody create with palm fronds in the woods?
(a) A flutter-wand.
(b) A flutter-boat.
(c) A flutter-mill.
(d) A flutter-bed.
3. Which of the following words might Jody use to describe his day in the woods in the opening chapter?
4. How many babies did Penny Baxter and his wife bury before Jody was born?
5. Which of the following has Penny Baxter always felt closest to?
6. From which character did Penny earn the nickname "Leetle ol' Penny Baxter"?
(a) Buck Forrester.
(b) Oliver Hutto.
(c) Lem Forrester.
(d) Ora Baxter.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
7. Which of the following words is used to describe the color of Jody's hair?
8. What animal from the Baxter family farm was killed by Old Slewfoot?
(a) A horse.
(b) A pig.
(c) A cow.
(d) A chicken.
This section contains 4,916 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)