|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue - The Waves, Like Ridges of Plow'd Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maggie Cantwell come for Anna's help?
(a) She has come looking for George.
(b) The Bradfords are leaving; she needs help getting her things.
(c) She has traveled to the village to help Anna, and needs a place to stay.
(d) She is accused of being a witch and needs somewhere to hide.
2. Why does Anna happen to be in the field where the crowd gathers?
(a) The rector wants to meet her there.
(b) She hears there is a witch in the village and runs to meet them.
(c) She is tending to her sheep.
(d) She goes there to think about Sam.
3. Why is Anna disgusted with the rector?
(a) For the way he handled the plague.
(b) For his treatment of Anteros.
(c) For his treatment of Elinor.
(d) Because he won't keep his hands off her.
4. Who comes and stops the mob during the witch frenzy?
(a) Elinor Mompellion.
(b) Anna Frith.
(c) Anys Gowdie.
(d) Michael Mompellion.
5. What does the presence of the cockerel mean to Anna?
(a) The plague is getting stronger.
(b) The world is ending.
(c) The plague is gone.
(d) Bad news is coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is screaming when Anna wakes up after falling asleep with Tom?
2. What did Anna and her friends call Anys when they were children?
3. What does Anna try to do for the rector but is unable?
4. Who is Jamie?
5. What is strange about the rector's reaction when he sees Elinor and Anna at the tavern?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)