|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue - The Waves, Like Ridges of Plow'd Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Mowbrays do to their infant to protect it from the plague?
(a) Performed a hex on the baby.
(b) Left him out in the cold overnight.
(c) Hung the infant from the ceiling.
(d) Passed it through a bramble hedge.
2. What do Anna and her children find in the field?
(a) A ewe in labor.
(b) A newborn lamb.
(c) A dead ewe.
(d) A dead lamb.
3. Why is Anna embarrassed to see the rector when she is in the meadow with her children?
(a) She is breastfeeding.
(b) The rector should be in church.
(c) The rector is singing.
(d) Anna is naked.
4. Who comes to rescue the first accused witch?
(a) Anys Gowdie.
(b) Elinor Mompellion.
(c) Anna Frith.
(d) Michael Mompellion.
5. What does the Londoner tell the other diners during the Bradfords' dinner party?
(a) About the current political situation.
(b) About the plague in London.
(c) How to fertilize their crops better.
(d) Religious news.
Short Answer Questions
1. What realization does Anna come to while listening to the Colonel?
2. What does Anna see when she wakes up and goes outside after her substance-induced sleep?
3. What does Kate Talbot resort to in her desperation after seeing her husband's affliction?
4. Whom does Anna think she sees when she tries to light a fire in the cottage?
5. What were Edward and Jamie playing with in the wood pile?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)