|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue - The Waves, Like Ridges of Plow'd Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reaction of the other miners when Elinor and Anna go to the miner's tavern?
(a) They are surprised and proud.
(b) They turn them away.
(c) They are mean and vindictive.
(d) They are scornful.
2. How does Jamie help Anna in the field?
(a) He reaches inside and helps the ewe give birth.
(b) He doesn't help her.
(c) He watches his baby brother.
(d) He counts the lambs for Anna.
3. Why does the name of the rector's horse cause a stir in the village?
(a) Because it is the name of a pagan idol.
(b) Because rectors should not have horses.
(c) Because the do not believe in naming horses.
(d) Because it means something bad.
4. What conclusion does Anna come to about the plague after leaving the Mowbrays?
(a) The plague is neither God nor Devil, but nature.
(b) The plague is not nature or God, but the Devil.
(c) The plague was sent to weed out the weak.
(d) The plague is not the Devil or nature, but God.
5. Who came back with Maggie when she returned to the village?
(c) A relative.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Anna and the rector do that Anna is ashamed of?
2. What does the crowd do to Anys?
3. Who is the mob beating near the old mine?
4. What ultimately happens to Maggie Cantwell?
5. What happened to Kate Talbot's husband?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)