|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue - The Waves, Like Ridges of Plow'd Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do they finally find John Gordon?
(a) At the cemetery.
(b) Dead; fallen off the Edge.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In the stocks.
2. What happens to the rector during the mass where he is visibly tired?
(a) He has a heart attack and dies.
(b) He faints.
(c) He coughs up blood.
(d) He gets into a fistfight with Anna's father.
3. What is the condition of Anna's father when they find him?
(a) Alive, but with hypothermia.
(b) Alive, but deranged.
(c) Dead from self-inflicted wounds.
(d) Dead, eaten by animals.
4. What does the armed woman have in her arms at the Thanksgiving service?
(b) A serpent.
5. What is strange about the rector's reaction when he sees Elinor and Anna at the tavern?
(a) He leans forward as if to kiss, then draws back.
(b) He starts yelling at them for being stupid.
(c) He opens his arms out as if to hug, then claps his hand together.
(d) He begins to cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dangerous method does Anna use in the mine?
2. Who is the mob beating near the old mine?
3. Why does Anna happen to be in the field where the crowd gathers?
4. What is the name of the rector's horse?
5. What does Anna try to do for the rector but is unable?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)