|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue - The Waves, Like Ridges of Plow'd Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the rector grab Anna's arm when she reaches for the Bible?
(a) So that the Bible will fall to the floor.
(b) Becuase she is unstable.
(c) Because she needs help getting up.
(d) Because she tries to hit him.
2. Who is the mob beating near the old mine?
(a) Old Mem.
3. Who is integral to the rector's plan for the village?
(a) Colonel Bradford.
(b) The earl of Chatsworth.
(c) Anys Gowdie.
(d) Anna Frith.
4. Who does Colonel Bradford insult during this interaction with the rector?
(a) Rector Mompellion and his wife.
(b) Anna and her sons.
(c) Anys and Mem Gowdie.
(d) Maggie Cantwell.
5. Why does Anna happen to be in the field where the crowd gathers?
(a) She goes there to think about Sam.
(b) The rector wants to meet her there.
(c) She is tending to her sheep.
(d) She hears there is a witch in the village and runs to meet them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sad marker does the town come upon in June?
2. What is the reaction of the other miners when Elinor and Anna go to the miner's tavern?
3. What do Anna and the rector do that Anna is ashamed of?
4. Who comes to rescue the first accused witch?
5. How does Jamie help Anna in the field?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)