|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue - The Waves, Like Ridges of Plow'd Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the rector tell Anna to say to the visitor demanding to see him?
(a) That he will see them another time.
(b) To come back later.
(c) To come in.
(d) To go to hell.
2. What happens to Tom soon after news of Edward?
(a) He grows big and strong.
(b) He catches a fever, but lives.
(c) He dies.
(d) He becomes deaf.
3. What is in the silk bag that Elinor brings for Jamie?
(b) A dried toad.
4. Who comes running toward the group in the middle of the Thanksgiving service?
5. Why does the carter say the narrator is lucky to get the apples that they did?
(a) Because no one will deliver apples to the rectory.
(b) Because there were so few people to do the picking.
(c) Because they were not in season.
(d) Because apples don't grow near there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate Talbot resort to in her desperation after seeing her husband's affliction?
2. Why are the simplest tasks hard for Anna in the days after going into the mine?
3. How does Jane Martin's behavior change from the beginning of the novel?
4. Why is Elinor looking through the Gowdies' herbs?
5. Who comes to the rectory demanding to see the rector, saying that their influence in the village is not to be ignored?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)