|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue - The Waves, Like Ridges of Plow'd Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the rector and Josiah get into a fight outside Unwin's house?
(a) The rector says her father's work is unsatisfactory.
(b) The rector insults Anna's father without cause.
(c) Anna's father is digging a grave for the rector.
(d) Anna's father is digging a grave while the patient is recovering.
2. What does Anna do as she leaves the Daniel's house?
(a) Washes her clothes.
(b) Buries the stillborn child.
(c) Baptizes the baby.
(d) Puts poppy in her pocket.
3. What does Elinor say when she is delirious?
(a) "Michael, go on without me."
(b) "Michael, my love, I'm pregnant."
(c) "Michael, how much longer, my love?"
(d) "Michael, save me."
4. What does Elinor carry in her arms during the Thanksgiving service?
5. What happens to Mem Gowdie after the encounter at the old mine?
(a) She leaves the village and survives.
(b) She is killed because she is thought to be a witch.
(c) She gets the plague and dies.
(d) She is severely sick from her near-drowning and dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Anna as her father puts his hands on her at the tavern?
2. What is the reaction of the other miners when Elinor and Anna go to the miner's tavern?
3. What did Sam do when he found out how Anna's father had treated her as a child?
4. What relationship did Anys and George have?
5. What comes from London for Mr. Viccars?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)