|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue - The Waves, Like Ridges of Plow'd Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Colonel Bradford insult during this interaction with the rector?
(a) Anys and Mem Gowdie.
(b) Maggie Cantwell.
(c) Anna and her sons.
(d) Rector Mompellion and his wife.
2. What does Anna say they should not give Mary during her labor?
(b) A doctor.
3. What do Anna and the rector give Urith Gordon?
(b) A horse.
4. What question does Anna ask herself while sitting with Maggie?
(a) Why Maggie was able to save a child, but not hers.
(b) Why Maggie has to die of the plague; she always lived so healthfully.
(c) Why a good person like Maggie cannot find a place to live.
(d) Why a good person like Maggie suffers while her father wastes away in his drunkenness.
5. Who is Anna referring to in this sentence? "She was a shrewd woman, in spite of all her superstitious fancies."
(a) Elinor Mompellion.
(b) Anys Gowdie.
(c) Mary Hadfield.
(d) Her stepmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Josiah doing when Anna gets to the tavern?
2. Who is Thomas Stanley?
3. What is strange about Christopher Unwin's condition?
4. Why is Anna embarrassed to see the rector when she is in the meadow with her children?
5. What does the narrator do with the apples?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)