|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rat-fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the carter say the narrator is lucky to get the apples that they did?
(a) Because there were so few people to do the picking.
(b) Because apples don't grow near there.
(c) Because no one will deliver apples to the rectory.
(d) Because they were not in season.
2. What happens to Tom soon after news of Edward?
(a) He grows big and strong.
(b) He catches a fever, but lives.
(c) He becomes deaf.
(d) He dies.
3. Who is screaming when Anna wakes up after falling asleep with Tom?
4. Why does the name of the rector's horse cause a stir in the village?
(a) Because rectors should not have horses.
(b) Because it is the name of a pagan idol.
(c) Because it means something bad.
(d) Because the do not believe in naming horses.
5. What happens to Edward Cooper after he plays in the wood pile?
(b) He only has a fever, and follows the doctor's orders.
(c) He goes into a coma.
(d) He dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anna and her friends call Anys when they were children?
2. Why does George become embarrassed during his conversation with Anna?
3. Why does Anys come to Anna's house?
4. Why does Anna walk through the orchard instead of the road on her way home?
5. Why is Anna embarrassed to see the rector when she is in the meadow with her children?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)