|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Deliverance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna's father do to Christopher Unwin during the night?
(a) Challenges him to a duel.
(b) Tries to bury him.
(c) Tries to infect him with the plague.
(d) Accuses Christopher of starting the plague.
2. Why is Anna crying in the rectory kitchen?
(a) Anna is crying for Elinor's unborn child.
(b) Anna is crying for her father.
(c) Anna is crying because she is in love with the rector.
(d) Anna is crying for all the dead children.
3. Why does Anna go to the tavern after Maggie comes back?
(a) To remember Sam.
(b) To borrow a handcart.
(c) To get a drink.
(d) To see her father.
4. What does Anna try to give Maggie to make her feel better when Maggie comes back?
(a) Money for the medicine.
(b) A place to stay.
(c) Advice for her problems.
(d) Mutton broth.
5. What does the narrator do with the apples?
(a) Tramples them for cider.
(b) Makes a pie with them.
(c) Slices one very thin and takes it to the rector.
(d) Bites into one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimately happens to Maggie Cantwell?
2. What does Anna notice about the will that the rector drew up for Jakob Merrill?
3. Why does Anna walk through the orchard instead of the road on her way home?
4. Who is integral to the rector's plan for the village?
5. What does the presence of the cockerel mean to Anna?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)