Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the visitor and employee know each other?
2. How does Zahra treat her servants?
3. How does Zahra feel at the start of Chapter 5?
4. What do the girls in "A House in the Woods" carry their building materials in?
5. Who abandoned the man in "Divorce" when he was a child?
Essay Topic 1
What role does religion play in "Year of the Elephant"? Choose two examples and explain religion plays a role in the story "Year of the Elephant".
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Zahra. How does Zahra change from the beginning to the end of the book "Year of the Elephant"? Why? Do you believe Zahra is innocent at any point of the book? When does she loose her innocence? Choose one other character in the book and explain their relationship with Zahra..
Essay Topic 3
How does Abu Zayd address the theme of independence in his "Year of the Elephant"? Choose two examples of examples of this theme and explain how these examples contribute to the message of the story.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)