Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the visitor and employee know each other?
2. How does Zahra treat her servants?
3. How does Zahra feel at the start of Chapter 5?
4. What do the girls in "A House in the Woods" carry their building materials in?
5. Who abandoned the man in "Divorce" when he was a child?
Essay Topic 1
Define the term flashback. How does Abu Zayd use flashbacks in her book? Provide two examples of flashbacks and how they provide the reader with important information about a central character.
Essay Topic 2
How does the setting effect the reader's experience of the story? Does it matter that the story is set in another country? Describe the setting of the story of you choice and explain how it is intertwined with the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Define the term antagonist and identify who you believe is the antagonist in a story of your choice. Supply evidence from the book that supports your argument. Discuss how the antagonist is identified in the presence of the protagonist.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)