|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the man in "Divorce" marry?
2. What job does Aziz hope to obtain?
3. What mode of transportation does the man in "Divorce" use?
4. What is the acquaintance's reaction to the state official's offer in "The Discontented"?
5. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" give the girls to eat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zahra meets many interesting people in the book. These people influence her life in many ways. Choose one person or couple she meets that influence her life, and explain the positive and negative aspects of that influence.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Zahra's faqih (note the spelling of faqih) and what role does he play in her life choices ?
Essay Topic 3
Define the term flashback. How does Abu Zayd use flashbacks in her book? Provide two examples of flashbacks and how they provide the reader with important information about a central character.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)