Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the visitor and employee know each other?
2. How does Zahra treat her servants?
3. How does Zahra feel at the start of Chapter 5?
4. What do the girls in "A House in the Woods" carry their building materials in?
5. Who abandoned the man in "Divorce" when he was a child?
Essay Topic 1
What role does religion play in "Year of the Elephant"? Choose two examples and explain religion plays a role in the story "Year of the Elephant".
Essay Topic 2
Describe the religious holiday Ramadan and the role it plays in the story "Silence". What is the significance how how the characters react to this holiday?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Zahra's faqih (note the spelling of faqih) and what role does he play in her life choices ?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)