|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Zahra to a fortune teller?
2. What does the fortune teller tell Zahra in Chapter 5?
3. What mode of transportation does the man in "Divorce" use?
4. What is the acquaintance's reaction to the state official's offer in "The Discontented"?
5. How do the girls decorate their construction in "A House in the Woods"?
Essay Topic 1
What does Abu Zayd's writing suggest about the treatment of women in Moroccan society? Provide several examples that demonstrate the different social rules for men and women in Abu Zayd's book.
Essay Topic 2
Define the term antagonist and identify who you believe is the antagonist in a story of your choice. Supply evidence from the book that supports your argument. Discuss how the antagonist is identified in the presence of the protagonist.
Essay Topic 3
Define the term flashback. How does Abu Zayd use flashbacks in her book? Provide two examples of flashbacks and how they provide the reader with important information about a central character.
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)