|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state official's life like?
2. Who does Roukia unlock the door for on a nightly basis?
3. How much does Zahra's wool spinning business make her?
4. Why did Aziz's parents fight?
5. How does Zahra treat her servants?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the religious holiday Ramadan and the role it plays in the story "Silence". What is the significance how how the characters react to this holiday?
Essay Topic 2
Define the term antagonist and identify who you believe is the antagonist in a story of your choice. Supply evidence from the book that supports your argument. Discuss how the antagonist is identified in the presence of the protagonist.
Essay Topic 3
When considering Abu Zayd's life, where do you believe she found the inspiration for her book? What does this book cause you to think about the author's life? Why was her book the first to translated from Arabic to English?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)