|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the girls decorate their construction in "A House in the Woods"?
2. Which sister took comfort in fasting?
(a) The fat one.
(b) The poor one.
(c) The sickly one.
(d) The wealthy one.
3. What language does Zahra's husband want her to speak?
4. Who does the man in "Divorce" marry?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A wealthy woman.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A homeless woman.
5. What is the man's behavior like in "Divorce"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state official's life like?
2. What does Roukia think of her surprise?
3. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" lend the girls?
4. In "Out of Work", how did her community change?
5. How does Zahra treat her servants?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the sisters attempt to build the house out of in "House in the Woods"?
2. Describe two ways the old man helps the sisters in "House in the Woods"?
3. Why is Aziz nervous at the start of "The Stranger"?
4. Describe the two main characters in "The Discontented".
5. Describe the life of the woman in "Out of Work" after she left her job.
6. Who does not agree with Zahra's choice to move to Casablanca and why?
7. How does Zahra's husband change when he receives his "caid"?
8. Describe the visitor in the story "Dinner in the Black Market".
9. What causes the falling out between Zahra and her sister in Chapter 5?
10. What happens to Zahra's wool spinning business?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)