|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Dinner in the Black Market", why did the husband's praise the visitor?
(a) Her music selection.
(b) Her hospitality.
(c) Her outfit.
(d) Her furniture.
2. What is Aziz's temperament like at the start of "The Stranger"?
3. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" lend the girls?
(a) An axe.
(b) A sack.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A horse.
4. What is the man's behavior like in "Divorce"?
5. How does Zahra feel at the start of Chapter 5?
(b) In love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the acquaintance in "The Discontented" feel when he sees the state official's home?
2. What does the fortune teller tell Zahra in Chapter 5?
3. Who was to blame for the one sister's divorce?
4. How does the woman in "Out of Work" describe her commute?
5. What job does Aziz hope to obtain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Aziz nervous at the start of "The Stranger"?
2. How do the two sisters in "Silence" react to Ramadan?
3. What role does religion play in Aziz's life?
4. Why does the one sister smile at the end of "Silence"?
5. What message does Aziz receive from his mother at the end of the story?
6. What happens when Roukia is locked in the cellar?
7. What do the men in "The Discontented" blame the childhood friend's station in life on?
8. Describe two ways the old man helps the sisters in "House in the Woods"?
9. Describe the life of the woman in "Out of Work" while she was working.
10. What do the sisters attempt to build the house out of in "House in the Woods"?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)