|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Zahra try and find work in Chapter 5?
(a) A school.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A factory.
2. Who was to blame for the one sister's divorce?
(a) The sickly sister.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) The mother.
(d) The robust sister.
3. What does the state official believe is the reason for his acquaintance's living conditions?
(a) Marrying into a good family.
(b) Leaving school.
(d) The lottery.
4. What happens when Zahra confronts her husband about his affair?
(a) He does nothing.
(b) He apologizes.
(c) He lies.
(d) He slaps her.
5. How does Zahra feel at the start of Chapter 5?
(a) In love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roukia unlock the door for on a nightly basis?
2. Why did Aziz's parents fight?
3. What month is "A Vacation" set in?
4. What job does the person the state official meets hold?
5. What did the husband's discover in "Dinner in the Black Market" was missing ?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the surprise guest in "A Vacation" and how does Roukia react to the visitor?
2. What role does religion play in Aziz's life?
3. What offer does one man make to the other in "The Discontented" and what is the man's response to the offer?
4. What do the men in "The Discontented" blame the childhood friend's station in life on?
5. Describe the two sisters in "Silence".
6. What conversation do the main character in "Divorce" and his brother discuss in the hospital?
7. Why does the one sister smile at the end of "Silence"?
8. Describe the life of the woman in "Out of Work" while she was working.
9. Describe the main character in "Divorce".
10. What causes the falling out between Zahra and her sister in Chapter 5?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)