|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Dinner in the Black Market", why did the husband's praise the visitor?
(a) Her music selection.
(b) Her hospitality.
(c) Her furniture.
(d) Her outfit.
2. How long did it take the woman in "Out of Work" to understand her city?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 5 years.
3. How are the girls in "A House in the Woods" related?
(b) Aunts and nieces.
4. Where does the woman visit at the end of "Out of Work"?
(b) Her job.
5. What building materials do the girls use in "A House in the Woods"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the acquaintance in "The Discontented" claim he knows nothing about?
2. What does the woman in "Out of Work" do now that she is unemployed?
3. What surprise awaited Roukia at home in "A Vacation"?
4. What religion does Aziz convert to?
5. Who did Zahra compare her husband to in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What offer does one man make to the other in "The Discontented" and what is the man's response to the offer?
2. What happens to Zahra's wool spinning business?
3. Describe Zahra's experience with the fortune-teller.
4. Describe the two sisters in "Silence".
5. Who is the surprise guest in "A Vacation" and how does Roukia react to the visitor?
6. What trick do the girls in "House in the Woods" play on the old man?
7. What do the men in "The Discontented" blame the childhood friend's station in life on?
8. Why does the one sister smile at the end of "Silence"?
9. What is the nightly ritual Roukia preforms? How does it help the family?
10. How does Zahra's husband change when he receives his "caid"?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)