|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state official's life like?
2. Who does Roukia scare away from her home one night?
(a) Her father.
(b) A thief.
(c) The police.
(d) A dog.
3. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" lend the girls?
(a) A hammer.
(b) An axe.
(c) A sack.
(d) A horse.
4. How does the visitor think she can help the employee in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
(a) She knows important people.
(b) Her business is hiring.
(c) She owns a bookstore.
(d) She owns rental properties.
5. How did the two sisters in "Silence" differ?
(a) One was rich and the other was poor.
(b) One was blonde and the one was brunette.
(c) One was young looking and the other sickly.
(d) One was deaf and the other was blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is "A Vacation" set in?
2. What is wrong, according to Zahra's husband, with the way she eats?
3. What did the husband's discover in "Dinner in the Black Market" was missing ?
4. What language does Zahra's husband want her to speak?
5. Why did Aziz's parents fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What trick do the girls in "House in the Woods" play on the old man?
2. Describe the visitor in the story "Dinner in the Black Market".
3. Describe Zahra's experience with the fortune-teller.
4. How do the two sisters in "Silence" react to Ramadan?
5. What do the sisters attempt to build the house out of in "House in the Woods"?
6. Describe the two main characters in "The Discontented".
7. What do the husbands discover about visitor at the end of the story?
8. What do the men in "The Discontented" blame the childhood friend's station in life on?
9. How does visitor attempt to help employee in "Dinner in the Black Market:"?
10. How does Zahra's husband change when he receives his "caid"?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)