|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Aziz's childhood home?
2. How did the two sisters in "Silence" differ?
(a) One was deaf and the other was blind.
(b) One was blonde and the one was brunette.
(c) One was young looking and the other sickly.
(d) One was rich and the other was poor.
3. Where does Zahra try and find work in Chapter 5?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A school.
(d) A factory.
4. Who does the man in "Divorce" marry?
(a) A homeless woman.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A wealthy woman.
(d) A teacher.
5. What surprise awaited Roukia at home in "A Vacation"?
(a) A plate of cookies.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" give the girls to eat?
2. Who does Roukia unlock the door for on a nightly basis?
3. What does the acquaintance in "The Discontented" claim he knows nothing about?
4. How does Zahra treat her servants?
5. Why did Aziz attend religious school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the surprise guest in "A Vacation" and how does Roukia react to the visitor?
2. How do the two sisters in "Silence" react to Ramadan?
3. What happens to Zahra's wool spinning business?
4. What message does Aziz receive from his mother at the end of the story?
5. What role does Yasmine play in the story "The Stranger"?
6. What happens when Roukia is locked in the cellar?
7. Describe the visitor in the story "Dinner in the Black Market".
8. Why does the main character of "Divorce" leave his wife?
9. How does visitor attempt to help employee in "Dinner in the Black Market:"?
10. What causes the falling out between Zahra and her sister in Chapter 5?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)