|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong, according to Zahra's husband, with the way she eats?
(a) She talks and eats at the same time.
(b) She uses a spoon.
(c) She uses a fork.
(d) She eats with her hands.
2. What is the state official's life like?
3. In "Out of Work", how did her community change?
(a) It is empty.
(b) It doesn't change.
(c) It is now a busy city.
(d) It is violent.
4. In Chapter 5, where does Zahra decide to move to?
(d) Her home town.
5. What does Zahra think of her sister?
(a) She is evil.
(b) She is vain.
(c) She is loving.
(d) She is kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the oldest girl want to build by the stream?
2. Who is Yasmine in "The Stranger"?
3. Where is Aziz's childhood home?
4. Where does the woman visit at the end of "Out of Work"?
5. What was the life of the person the state official met with like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the two sisters in "Silence".
2. What happens to Zahra's wool spinning business?
3. What do the sisters attempt to build the house out of in "House in the Woods"?
4. What do the husbands discover about visitor at the end of the story?
5. How do the two sisters in "Silence" react to Ramadan?
6. How does Zahra's husband change when he receives his "caid"?
7. What do the men in "The Discontented" blame the childhood friend's station in life on?
8. Describe the life of the woman in "Out of Work" after she left her job.
9. What conversation do the main character in "Divorce" and his brother discuss in the hospital?
10. Describe the visitor in the story "Dinner in the Black Market".
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)