|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is lodged in a character's nose in "A Vacation"?
(a) A marble.
(b) A chickpea.
(c) A grape.
(d) A bead.
2. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" give the girls to eat?
3. How are the girls in "A House in the Woods" related?
(d) Aunts and nieces.
4. What was the relationship between the two sisters in "Silence" like?
5. What does the oldest girl want to build by the stream?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A church.
(c) A fort.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the visitor's personality in "Dinner in the Black Market" like?
2. In "Dinner in the Black Market", why did the husband's praise the visitor?
3. In the story "Dinner in the Black Market", what is the employee looking for?
4. What does the woman learn at the end of "Out of Work"?
5. What buildings replace the old homes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the two sisters in "Silence" react to Ramadan?
2. How does Zahra's husband change when he receives his "caid"?
3. What do the husbands discover about visitor at the end of the story?
4. Describe two ways the old man helps the sisters in "House in the Woods"?
5. Describe the life of the woman in "Out of Work" after she left her job.
6. Who is the surprise guest in "A Vacation" and how does Roukia react to the visitor?
7. What conversation do the main character in "Divorce" and his brother discuss in the hospital?
8. What causes the falling out between Zahra and her sister in Chapter 5?
9. What message does Aziz receive from his mother at the end of the story?
10. Describe the life of the woman in "Out of Work" while she was working.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)