|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprise awaited Roukia at home in "A Vacation"?
(a) A plate of cookies.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A cousin.
(d) A friend.
2. How does the sister in "Silence" ask for God's forgiveness?
(a) She prays.
(b) She donates money to the church.
(c) She marries her sister's husband.
(d) She invites her sister to move in with her.
3. Who is Yasmine in "The Stranger"?
(a) A nanny.
(b) Aziz's mother.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A doctor.
4. What does Zahra receive in the divorce?
(a) Her clothes and a room.
(b) One million dollars.
(c) Her house.
(d) The children.
5. What does the woman in "Out of Work" see young people wearing?
(a) Fur hats.
(b) New fashions.
(d) Vintage clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the state official meet in "The Discontented"?
2. What mode of transportation does the man in "Divorce" use?
3. How do the girls decorate their construction in "A House in the Woods"?
4. What animal does one of the girls chase in "A House in the Woods"?
5. In "Dinner in the Black Market", why did the husband's praise the visitor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does religion play in Aziz's life?
2. What do the husbands discover about visitor at the end of the story?
3. Describe Zahra's experience with the fortune-teller.
4. Describe the two sisters in "Silence".
5. What happens when Roukia is locked in the cellar?
6. Why does the main character of "Divorce" leave his wife?
7. Describe the visitor in the story "Dinner in the Black Market".
8. Who is the surprise guest in "A Vacation" and how does Roukia react to the visitor?
9. Describe two ways the old man helps the sisters in "House in the Woods"?
10. What offer does one man make to the other in "The Discontented" and what is the man's response to the offer?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)