|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zahra think of her sister?
(a) She is evil.
(b) She is loving.
(c) She is vain.
(d) She is kind.
2. What was the relationship between the two sisters in "Silence" like?
3. What buildings replace the old homes?
4. What is the man's behavior like in "Divorce"?
5. What did the husband's discover in "Dinner in the Black Market" was missing ?
(a) Their cars.
(b) Their jewelry .
(d) Their wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the oldest girl want to build by the stream?
2. When must the sisters fast?
3. What does the acquaintance in "The Discontented" claim he knows nothing about?
4. What does the man in "Divorce" complain about?
5. What does Roukia think of her surprise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Roukia is locked in the cellar?
2. Who is the surprise guest in "A Vacation" and how does Roukia react to the visitor?
3. How does Zahra's husband change when he receives his "caid"?
4. Why is Zahra's husband embarrassed by her in Chapter 5?
5. What conversation do the main character in "Divorce" and his brother discuss in the hospital?
6. What role does religion play in Aziz's life?
7. How do the two sisters in "Silence" react to Ramadan?
8. What role does Yasmine play in the story "The Stranger"?
9. How does visitor attempt to help employee in "Dinner in the Black Market:"?
10. What do the sisters attempt to build the house out of in "House in the Woods"?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)