|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people warn Zahra about moving?
(a) It is expensive.
(b) She has too many children.
(c) She is uneducated.
(d) It is too unknown.
2. Who is Yasmine in "The Stranger"?
(a) A nanny.
(b) A doctor.
(c) Aziz's mother.
(d) A teacher.
3. What holy holiday is approaching in "Silence"?
(b) Yom Kippur.
4. Who is Aziz set to meet?
(a) His wife.
(b) His banker.
(c) His family.
(d) His doctor.
5. What religion does Aziz convert to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the two sisters in "Silence" differ?
2. What is the acquaintance's reaction to the state official's offer in "The Discontented"?
3. What does the state official offer his acquaintance?
4. What happens to the man in "Divorce" on his way home from work?
5. How does the woman in "Out of Work" describe her commute?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Zahra's experience with the fortune-teller.
2. Describe the visitor in the story "Dinner in the Black Market".
3. Describe the life of the woman in "Out of Work" while she was working.
4. How do the two sisters in "Silence" react to Ramadan?
5. What do the husbands discover about visitor at the end of the story?
6. Why is Aziz nervous at the start of "The Stranger"?
7. Describe the two sisters in "Silence".
8. What trick do the girls in "House in the Woods" play on the old man?
9. Describe two ways the old man helps the sisters in "House in the Woods"?
10. Who is the surprise guest in "A Vacation" and how does Roukia react to the visitor?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)