|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zahra receive in the divorce?
(a) Her house.
(b) One million dollars.
(c) The children.
(d) Her clothes and a room.
2. What month is "A Vacation" set in?
3. Who visits the man in "Divorce"?
(a) His agent.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
4. Who does the man in "Divorce" marry?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A wealthy woman.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A homeless woman.
5. What does Roukia's mother send her to the field to collect?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls in "A House in the Woods" carry their building materials in?
2. Where does the woman visit at the end of "Out of Work"?
3. Where does Roukia get locked in?
4. Where is Aziz's childhood home?
5. What buildings replace the old homes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the two sisters in "Silence".
2. Why does the one sister smile at the end of "Silence"?
3. What trick do the girls in "House in the Woods" play on the old man?
4. Who does not agree with Zahra's choice to move to Casablanca and why?
5. What do the men in "The Discontented" blame the childhood friend's station in life on?
6. Describe the life of the woman in "Out of Work" while she was working.
7. Describe the two main characters in "The Discontented".
8. Describe Zahra's experience with the fortune-teller.
9. What message does Aziz receive from his mother at the end of the story?
10. What happens when Roukia is locked in the cellar?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)