|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Aziz attend religious school?
(a) He received a scholarship.
(b) He needed a better education.
(c) His sister's death.
(d) His parents' divorce.
2. What animal does one of the girls chase in "A House in the Woods"?
(a) A hornet.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A bear.
(d) A dog.
3. When must the sisters fast?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) During the night.
(c) During the day.
(d) The third Friday of the month.
4. Which sister became grumpy during fasting?
(a) The poor one.
(b) The robust one.
(c) The wealthy one.
(d) The sickly one.
5. What language does Zahra's husband want her to speak?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the visitor think she can help the employee in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
2. What caused the deterioration of Zahra's marriage?
3. How does Zahra feel at the start of Chapter 5?
4. What does the woman in "Out of Work" do now that she is unemployed?
5. What was the life of the person the state official met with like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the visitor in the story "Dinner in the Black Market".
2. What is the nightly ritual Roukia preforms? How does it help the family?
3. Why is Zahra's husband embarrassed by her in Chapter 5?
4. What message does Aziz receive from his mother at the end of the story?
5. What role does religion play in Aziz's life?
6. What do the sisters attempt to build the house out of in "House in the Woods"?
7. Why does the main character of "Divorce" leave his wife?
8. Describe the main character in "Divorce".
9. What causes the falling out between Zahra and her sister in Chapter 5?
10. Describe the life of the woman in "Out of Work" after she left her job.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)