|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does Aziz's mom send to him?
(a) Our house burned down.
(b) Please come home.
(c) Your father is ill.
(d) Aziz is dead.
2. How does Zahra feel at the start of Chapter 5?
(b) In love.
3. What job does the person the state official meets hold?
4. How does the visitor dress in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
(a) In a neon jacket.
(c) In a set of scrubs.
5. How are the girls in "A House in the Woods" related?
(b) Aunts and nieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman learn at the end of "Out of Work"?
2. What language does Zahra's husband want her to speak?
3. Who does Roukia scare away from her home one night?
4. What is wrong, according to Zahra's husband, with the way she eats?
5. What is the acquaintance's reaction to the state official's offer in "The Discontented"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Zahra's wool spinning business?
2. What role does religion play in Aziz's life?
3. Describe the life of the woman in "Out of Work" after she left her job.
4. What message does Aziz receive from his mother at the end of the story?
5. Describe the life of the woman in "Out of Work" while she was working.
6. Who is the surprise guest in "A Vacation" and how does Roukia react to the visitor?
7. Why does the one sister smile at the end of "Silence"?
8. How do the two sisters in "Silence" react to Ramadan?
9. Describe Zahra's experience with the fortune-teller.
10. What causes the falling out between Zahra and her sister in Chapter 5?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)