|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the old neighbors in "Out of Work"?
(a) They still live in the same homes.
(b) They moved.
(c) They died.
(d) They were arrested.
2. What building materials do the girls use in "A House in the Woods"?
3. What is Aziz's temperament like at the start of "The Stranger"?
4. What caused the deterioration of Zahra's marriage?
(a) Her family.
(b) The independence.
(c) Her illness.
(d) A death in the family.
5. How do the girls decorate their construction in "A House in the Woods"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Zahra compare her husband to in Chapter 5?
2. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" do while the girls build?
3. What does the state official believe is the reason for his acquaintance's living conditions?
4. How does the sister in "Silence" ask for God's forgiveness?
5. What buildings replace the old homes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nightly ritual Roukia preforms? How does it help the family?
2. What causes the falling out between Zahra and her sister in Chapter 5?
3. What role does Yasmine play in the story "The Stranger"?
4. What happens when Roukia is locked in the cellar?
5. Why does the main character of "Divorce" leave his wife?
6. What do the men in "The Discontented" blame the childhood friend's station in life on?
7. How do the two sisters in "Silence" react to Ramadan?
8. What conversation do the main character in "Divorce" and his brother discuss in the hospital?
9. What happens to Zahra's wool spinning business?
10. Who does not agree with Zahra's choice to move to Casablanca and why?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)