|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What building materials do the girls use in "A House in the Woods"?
2. Where does Roukia get locked in?
(a) Her room.
(b) A freezer.
(c) The attic.
(d) The cellar.
3. What happens when Zahra confronts her husband about his affair?
(a) He apologizes.
(b) He lies.
(c) He does nothing.
(d) He slaps her.
4. What buildings replace the old homes?
5. What job does Aziz hope to obtain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the acquaintance in "The Discontented" claim he knows nothing about?
2. When must the sisters fast?
3. Who questions Zahra's choice to move in Chapter 5?
4. Why did Aziz's parents fight?
5. Who does Roukia scare away from her home one night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the sisters attempt to build the house out of in "House in the Woods"?
2. Describe the two sisters in "Silence".
3. Describe the visitor in the story "Dinner in the Black Market".
4. Who does not agree with Zahra's choice to move to Casablanca and why?
5. What causes the falling out between Zahra and her sister in Chapter 5?
6. What is the nightly ritual Roukia preforms? How does it help the family?
7. What happens to Zahra's wool spinning business?
8. Describe Zahra's experience with the fortune-teller.
9. What conversation do the main character in "Divorce" and his brother discuss in the hospital?
10. What happens when Roukia is locked in the cellar?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)