|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who does Zahra visit in Casablanca?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her mother-in-law.
(d) Faqih and Roukia.
2. How does the acquaintance in "The Discontented" feel when he sees the state official's home?
3. What animal does one of the girls chase in "A House in the Woods"?
(a) A hornet.
(b) A bear.
(c) A dog.
(d) A butterfly.
4. Who is Yasmine in "The Stranger"?
(a) Aziz's mother.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A nanny.
5. Who does the man in "Divorce" marry?
(a) A homeless woman.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A wealthy woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the girls in "A House in the Woods" related?
2. In "Dinner in the Black Market", why did the husband's praise the visitor?
3. What mode of transportation does the man in "Divorce" use?
4. What do the girls in "A House in the Woods" carry their building materials in?
5. What does Zahra receive in the divorce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the men in "The Discontented" blame the childhood friend's station in life on?
2. How does visitor attempt to help employee in "Dinner in the Black Market:"?
3. Why is Aziz nervous at the start of "The Stranger"?
4. Describe the visitor in the story "Dinner in the Black Market".
5. What trick do the girls in "House in the Woods" play on the old man?
6. What offer does one man make to the other in "The Discontented" and what is the man's response to the offer?
7. Why is Zahra's husband embarrassed by her in Chapter 5?
8. Who is the surprise guest in "A Vacation" and how does Roukia react to the visitor?
9. What message does Aziz receive from his mother at the end of the story?
10. What do the husbands discover about visitor at the end of the story?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)