|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Yasmine in "The Stranger"?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A nanny.
(c) A teacher.
(d) Aziz's mother.
2. What is the man's behavior like in "Divorce"?
3. What is the visitor's personality in "Dinner in the Black Market" like?
4. Why does the man in "Divorce" leave his wife?
(a) He doesn't like her job.
(b) He doesn't like her cooking.
(c) She has an affair.
(d) She stands up for herself.
5. What religion does Aziz convert to?
Short Answer Questions
1. When must the sisters fast?
2. What does the woman in "Out of Work" see young people wearing?
3. What job does Aziz hope to obtain?
4. Why did Aziz attend religious school?
5. Who questions Zahra's choice to move in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the surprise guest in "A Vacation" and how does Roukia react to the visitor?
2. Describe the life of the woman in "Out of Work" while she was working.
3. Describe the two sisters in "Silence".
4. What offer does one man make to the other in "The Discontented" and what is the man's response to the offer?
5. Describe two ways the old man helps the sisters in "House in the Woods"?
6. Why does the one sister smile at the end of "Silence"?
7. Describe the main character in "Divorce".
8. Describe Zahra's experience with the fortune-teller.
9. What do the sisters attempt to build the house out of in "House in the Woods"?
10. Describe the two main characters in "The Discontented".
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)