|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state official's life like?
2. Where does Zahra try and find work in Chapter 5?
(a) A factory.
(b) A school.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A restaurant.
3. What happens to the old neighbors in "Out of Work"?
(a) They died.
(b) They still live in the same homes.
(c) They were arrested.
(d) They moved.
4. Why did Aziz's parents fight?
(a) His father had a mistress.
(b) No reason.
(c) Over money.
(d) His mother had an affair.
5. Who did Zahra compare her husband to in Chapter 5?
(a) The Sultan.
(b) A woman.
(c) A French imperialist.
(d) A dictator.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Out of Work", how did her community change?
2. Who is Aziz set to meet?
3. What does the woman in "Out of Work" do now that she is unemployed?
4. What does Roukia's mother send her to the field to collect?
5. Who was to blame for the one sister's divorce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Roukia is locked in the cellar?
2. What conversation do the main character in "Divorce" and his brother discuss in the hospital?
3. Describe the life of the woman in "Out of Work" while she was working.
4. Who does not agree with Zahra's choice to move to Casablanca and why?
5. Why is Aziz nervous at the start of "The Stranger"?
6. Why is Zahra's husband embarrassed by her in Chapter 5?
7. What happens to Zahra's wool spinning business?
8. How does Zahra's husband change when he receives his "caid"?
9. Describe the two main characters in "The Discontented".
10. Describe two ways the old man helps the sisters in "House in the Woods"?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)