|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the life of the person the state official met with like?
2. What does the man in "Divorce" complain about?
(a) Wrinkled pants.
(b) His broken car.
(c) His cold dinner.
(d) A wrinkled shirt.
3. How does the visitor dress in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
(b) In a neon jacket.
(d) In a set of scrubs.
4. What building materials do the girls use in "A House in the Woods"?
5. How does Zahra feel at the start of Chapter 5?
(a) In love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of "A House in the Woods"?
2. What does Zahra receive in the divorce?
3. How do the visitor and employee know each other?
4. In Chapter 5, where does Zahra decide to move to?
5. Where does Roukia get locked in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the life of the woman in "Out of Work" while she was working.
2. Describe the visitor in the story "Dinner in the Black Market".
3. Describe Zahra's experience with the fortune-teller.
4. Why does the one sister smile at the end of "Silence"?
5. What do the men in "The Discontented" blame the childhood friend's station in life on?
6. Describe the two main characters in "The Discontented".
7. What offer does one man make to the other in "The Discontented" and what is the man's response to the offer?
8. What message does Aziz receive from his mother at the end of the story?
9. What happens when Roukia is locked in the cellar?
10. Describe two ways the old man helps the sisters in "House in the Woods"?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)