|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What limb did Faqih loose in Vietnam?
(a) A leg.
(b) A toe.
(c) An arm.
(d) A foot.
2. When did Morocco gain independence?
3. What is the name of the author of the introduction?
(a) John Stewart.
(b) McKayla Frank.
(c) Mike Wallace.
(d) Elizabeth Fernea.
4. What is scary about the news Zahra receives in Chapter 1 from her husband?
(a) Moroccan women don't divorce.
(b) They will have no where to live.
(c) Her mother is her best friend.
(d) She doesn't want him to die.
5. What does Zahra think about Casablanca?
(b) Low class.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zahra's mother treat her?
2. How does Zahra feel in Chapter 3 when she visits the open air market?
3. Where does Zahra go at the start of Chapter 3?
4. What did the children think Rahma really was?
5. What does Zahra's husband go to jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the one sister smile at the end of "Silence"?
2. What do the men in "The Discontented" blame the childhood friend's station in life on?
3. Who does not agree with Zahra's choice to move to Casablanca and why?
4. What conversation do the main character in "Divorce" and his brother discuss in the hospital?
5. Describe the narrator of "The Year of the Elephant".
6. Describe Zahra's experience with the fortune-teller.
7. Describe two ways the old man helps the sisters in "House in the Woods"?
8. How does Zahra join the Moroccan resistance movement?
9. Describe Abou Zayd's childhood and how it affected her writing.
10. What happens when Roukia is locked in the cellar?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)