|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zahra plan to make money?
(c) Spinning wool.
2. What was Hajj Ali given after the independence?
(a) A saat.
(b) A new home.
(c) A caid.
(d) A medal.
3. How was the Sultan of Morocco treated when he returned from exile?
(a) With disdain.
(b) With hatred.
(c) Like a hero.
(d) With fear.
4. Where does Zahra go at the start of Chapter 4?
5. How did Zahra's family make money?
(b) Growing orchards.
(d) Making bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, at the end of Chapter 1, gives Zahra a mattress?
2. Who did Zahra's husband ask permission from before marrying Zahra?
3. What limb did Faqih loose in Vietnam?
4. How did Zahra learn about Rahman?
5. How did Zahra react to the Casablanca Massacre?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Zahra's childhood like?
2. Why does the one sister smile at the end of "Silence"?
3. Describe Abou Zayd's childhood and how it affected her writing.
4. Describe the life of the woman in "Out of Work" after she left her job.
5. How does Zahra join the Moroccan resistance movement?
6. Who is Rahma and why does Zahra want to get to know her?
7. Where does Zahra go to live at the end of Chapter 1?
8. Who is the surprise guest in "A Vacation" and how does Roukia react to the visitor?
9. What was Zahra's marriage proposal like? What happened at the wedding? What was the first year of marriage like?
10. How does visitor attempt to help employee in "Dinner in the Black Market:"?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)