|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 4 what does Zahra spend her money on?
(c) Spinning materials.
2. Who returned from exile in 1956?
(b) Abou Zayd.
(d) The sultan.
3. When did Morocco gain independence?
4. What is a faqih?
(a) A queen.
(b) A holyman.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A street car.
5. What rumor was spread about Raham's house?
(a) It was haunted.
(b) She had 20 bedrooms.
(c) She had a magic room.
(d) It disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose perspective is "Year of the Elephant" from?
2. What limb did Faqih loose in Vietnam?
3. What news does Zahra's husband give her in Chapter 1?
4. What crisis did Morocco face in the mid 1950s?
5. How does Zahra feel at the start of this story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Zahra's parents do for a living and why was it dangerous?
2. What was Zahra's childhood like?
3. Why did Faqih not want the woman's group to store items in his home?
4. Why is Zahra distraught at the start of Chapter 1?
5. What happens to Zahra's husband in Chapter 4? How does she find out?
6. What was Zahra's experience at Al-Adir?
7. Who is Rahma and why does Zahra want to get to know her?
8. What is a "caid"?
9. Describe the narrator of "The Year of the Elephant".
10. Where does Zahra go to live at the end of Chapter 1?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)