|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What papers does Zahra fill out at the start of Chapter 3?
(a) Divorce papers.
(b) A will.
(c) Immigration papers.
(d) Custody papers.
2. Who did Zahra's husband ask permission from before marrying Zahra?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandfather.
3. Who does Faqih hate?
(b) The French.
4. How does Zahra feel when she visits the tomb in Chapter 2?
(a) At peace.
5. What people make up Zahra's family class?
(b) Businessmen and politicians.
(c) Farmers and townspeople.
(d) Kings and queens.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 4 what does Zahra spend her money on?
2. What does the reader learn in Chapter 1 about Zahra's family?
3. Where did Zahra want to store goods in Chapter 4?
4. Who returned from exile in 1956?
5. What year was Abou Zayd born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zahra decide to make a living and who taught her this skill?
2. Who raised Zahra and why could she not go back to their home?
3. Why did Faqih not want the woman's group to store items in his home?
4. What was Zahra's experience at Al-Adir?
5. What was Zahra's marriage proposal like? What happened at the wedding? What was the first year of marriage like?
6. What did Zahra describe as an oasis and desert and why?
7. Why does Faqih dislike the French?
8. Why is Zahra distraught at the start of Chapter 1?
9. What happened in Morocco when it gained independence?
10. Describe Abou Zayd's childhood and how it affected her writing.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)