|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of this story?
2. What rumor was spread about Raham's house?
(a) It was haunted.
(b) She had a magic room.
(c) It disappeared.
(d) She had 20 bedrooms.
3. What was attacked in 570 A.D.?
4. What does Zahra think about Casablanca?
(d) Low class.
5. Who does Zahra learn has a baby later in life?
(a) Her teacher.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Rahman's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was Abou Zayd born?
2. Who helped Zahra decide to join the Moroccan resistance movement?
3. Who taught Zahra the skill she will use to make money?
4. How did Zahra and Faqih travel to Souk al-Arba?
5. Why did Zahra's mother-in-law want her son to divorce Zahra?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Zahra's parents do for a living and why was it dangerous?
2. Why is the point of view of "Year of the Elephant" important?
3. Why does the author of the introduction claim that "Year of the Elephant" is "an event in cross-cultural literary history"?
4. What happened in Morocco when it gained independence?
5. Who raised Zahra and why could she not go back to their home?
6. How does Zahra join the Moroccan resistance movement?
7. Describe Abou Zayd's childhood and how it affected her writing.
8. Why does Faqih dislike the French?
9. How does Zahra decide to make a living and who taught her this skill?
10. What was Zahra's childhood like?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)