|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Zahra feel on her wedding day?
2. How did Faqih escape his pursuers?
(a) He hid in a trash can.
(b) He dressed as a homeless man.
(c) He dressed in women's clothes.
(d) He ran to Paris.
3. What does Zahra do to Pinhas' shop?
(a) Shops there.
(b) Buys it.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Paints it.
4. What type of meetings do Zahra and Safia hold?
(a) Therapist sessions.
(b) Parent-teacher meetings.
(c) Women's meetings.
(d) Legal meetings.
5. What year was Abou Zayd born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor was spread about Raham's house?
2. What does Zahra compare the Casablanca Massacre to?
3. Who did Morocco fight in the 19th century?
4. What did Zahra feel her role was once she married?
5. What is the "first" this book is known for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What imagery does the author use in Chapter 1?
2. Where does Zahra go to live at the end of Chapter 1?
3. Who is the local "faqih" and how does he help Zahra in Chapter 1?
4. What did Zahra describe as an oasis and desert and why?
5. What is a "caid"?
6. Why did Faqih not want the woman's group to store items in his home?
7. What is the Year of the Elephant ?
8. What was Zahra's childhood like?
9. What was Zahra's experience in Chapter 2 like while living in Casablanca?
10. What was Zahra's experience at Al-Adir?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)