|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Walter in Chapter 4?
(a) A French politician.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A German Guard.
2. What job did Abou Zayd have after college?
3. What did the children think Rahma really was?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A fairy.
(c) A demon.
(d) A witch.
4. When did Morocco gain independence?
5. What does Hajj Ali do for a living?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zahra describe her childhood?
2. Who is Rahma?
3. What papers does Zahra fill out at the start of Chapter 3?
4. How did Zahra learn about Rahman?
5. Who do the literacy meetings in Chapter 4 help?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zahra's husband sneak Faqih out of town?
2. Why is Zahra distraught at the start of Chapter 1?
3. Where does Zahra go to live at the end of Chapter 1?
4. Why did Faqih not want the woman's group to store items in his home?
5. How does Zahra decide to make a living and who taught her this skill?
6. What was Zahra's childhood like?
7. Who is Rahma and why does Zahra want to get to know her?
8. What was Zahra's experience in Chapter 2 like while living in Casablanca?
9. Why does Faqih dislike the French?
10. Who is Safia?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)