|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of meetings do Zahra and Safia hold?
(a) Parent-teacher meetings.
(b) Women's meetings.
(c) Therapist sessions.
(d) Legal meetings.
2. What does Zahra's husband go to jail?
(a) He robs a bank.
(b) He murders a friend.
(c) He hits his wife.
(d) He is a nationalist sympathizer.
3. Where does Zahra's husband get transferred to in Chapter 4?
4. What crisis did Morocco face in the mid 1950s?
5. How much money does Zahra receive in Chapter 3 from the government?
(a) 354 dollars.
(b) Enough for twenty days.
(c) Enough for a hundred days.
(d) 100 dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Abou Zayd when Morocco gained independence from France?
2. How does Zahra feel at the start of this story?
3. How did Zahra's family make money?
4. Where does Zahra go at the start of Chapter 3?
5. What language was "Year of the Elephant" first written in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zahra decide to make a living and who taught her this skill?
2. What was Zahra's childhood like?
3. How does Zahra join the Moroccan resistance movement?
4. Why did Faqih not want the woman's group to store items in his home?
5. What happened in Morocco when it gained independence?
6. What happens to Zahra's husband in Chapter 4? How does she find out?
7. Why is Zahra distraught at the start of Chapter 1?
8. What did Zahra's parents do for a living and why was it dangerous?
9. Why does Faqih dislike the French?
10. What is the Year of the Elephant ?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)