|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was Abou Zayd born?
2. Where does Zahra go at the start of Chapter 4?
3. Who is the narrator of this story?
4. How does Zahra feel when she visits the tomb in Chapter 2?
(c) At peace.
5. How old was Abou Zayd when Morocco gained independence from France?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zahra go at the start of Chapter 3?
2. When did Morocco gain independence?
3. What is considered the language of the wealthy in Morocco?
4. What is considered the language of the common man in Morocco?
5. How does Zahra describe her childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the life of the woman in "Out of Work" while she was working.
2. What do the husbands discover about visitor at the end of the story?
3. What happens to Zahra's husband in Chapter 4? How does she find out?
4. Describe the narrator of "The Year of the Elephant".
5. What role does Yasmine play in the story "The Stranger"?
6. Describe the main character in "Divorce".
7. How do the two sisters in "Silence" react to Ramadan?
8. Describe the visitor in the story "Dinner in the Black Market".
9. What is the Year of the Elephant ?
10. What happens to Zahra's wool spinning business?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)