|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zahra recognize Rahal ?
(a) He is blonde.
(b) He has six fingers.
(c) He has long hair.
(d) He has six toes.
2. Who helped Zahra decide to join the Moroccan resistance movement?
(a) Her father.
3. How did Zahra's mother treat her?
(a) She ignored her.
(b) She hated her.
(c) She played games with her.
(d) She loved her.
4. What does Zahra compare the Casablanca Massacre to?
(a) A surprise party.
(b) Losing a loved one.
(c) A solid marraige.
(d) Shooting fish in a barrel.
5. What animal dropped clay pellets on the army?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zahra plan to make money?
2. Whose perspective is "Year of the Elephant" from?
3. Who surprises Zahra during one of her meetings in Chapter 4?
4. Who do the literacy meetings in Chapter 4 help?
5. Where does Zahra's husband get transferred to in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zahra join the Moroccan resistance movement?
2. How does Zahra decide to make a living and who taught her this skill?
3. Why did Faqih not want the woman's group to store items in his home?
4. Why is the point of view of "Year of the Elephant" important?
5. What was Zahra's childhood like?
6. What happened in Morocco when it gained independence?
7. Why is Zahra distraught at the start of Chapter 1?
8. Who is Rahma and why does Zahra want to get to know her?
9. Describe the narrator of "The Year of the Elephant".
10. What did Zahra describe as an oasis and desert and why?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)