|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was Abou Zayd born?
2. What does Zahra think about Casablanca?
(a) Low class.
3. Who is Safia?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A wife of a nationalist.
(c) A German guard.
(d) A doctor.
4. What does Hajj Ali do for a living?
5. How does Zahra recognize Rahal ?
(a) He is blonde.
(b) He has long hair.
(c) He has six fingers.
(d) He has six toes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zahra return to in Chapter 1?
2. How many languages does Abou Zayd know?
3. Who stole donated goods from the storage sight in Chapter 4?
4. How does Zahra describe her childhood?
5. What can Zahra and her husband not discuss while at the jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zahra join the Moroccan resistance movement?
2. What was the education crisis Morocco faced in the 1950's?
3. Why did Faqih not want the woman's group to store items in his home?
4. Who is Safia?
5. Where does Zahra go to live at the end of Chapter 1?
6. Describe Zahra's mood at the start of Chapter 4. Why does she feel this way?
7. What did Zahra describe as an oasis and desert and why?
8. Describe Abou Zayd's childhood and how it affected her writing.
9. Why does Faqih dislike the French?
10. Why is Zahra distraught at the start of Chapter 1?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)