|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rahma?
(a) A doctor.
(b) An eccentric woman.
(c) A wealthy banker.
(d) An eccentric man.
2. How did Faqih escape his pursuers?
(a) He dressed as a homeless man.
(b) He dressed in women's clothes.
(c) He ran to Paris.
(d) He hid in a trash can.
3. What natural disaster occurs in Chapter 1 to Zahara's town?
4. How does Zahra travel to the prison in Chapter 4?
5. What is considered the language of the wealthy in Morocco?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zahra go at the start of Chapter 3?
2. How much money does Zahra receive in Chapter 3 from the government?
3. Where does Zahra go to live in Chapter 1?
4. How did Zahra react to the Casablanca Massacre?
5. Who returned from exile in 1956?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who raised Zahra and why could she not go back to their home?
2. What did Zahra describe as an oasis and desert and why?
3. How does Zahra's husband sneak Faqih out of town?
4. What was the education crisis Morocco faced in the 1950's?
5. Describe Abou Zayd's childhood and how it affected her writing.
6. What was Zahra's experience at Al-Adir?
7. Who is Safia?
8. Who is the local "faqih" and how does he help Zahra in Chapter 1?
9. How does Zahra join the Moroccan resistance movement?
10. Why does Zahra go to the post office in Chapter 3?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)