|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the two sisters in "Silence" differ?
(a) One was young looking and the other sickly.
(b) One was rich and the other was poor.
(c) One was blonde and the one was brunette.
(d) One was deaf and the other was blind.
2. How do the visitor and employee know each other?
(d) High school.
3. What job does the person the state official meets hold?
4. What message does Aziz's mom send to him?
(a) Your father is ill.
(b) Please come home.
(c) Aziz is dead.
(d) Our house burned down.
5. How does the sister in "Silence" ask for God's forgiveness?
(a) She marries her sister's husband.
(b) She invites her sister to move in with her.
(c) She donates money to the church.
(d) She prays.
6. What is the visitor's personality in "Dinner in the Black Market" like?
7. Where is Aziz's childhood home?
8. What does the oldest girl want to build by the stream?
(a) A house.
(b) A church.
(c) A fort.
(d) A bridge.
9. In Chapter 5, where does Zahra decide to move to?
(a) Her home town.
10. What does Zahra receive in the divorce?
(a) One million dollars.
(b) The children.
(c) Her clothes and a room.
(d) Her house.
11. What was the relationship between the two sisters in "Silence" like?
12. How much does Zahra's wool spinning business make her?
(a) A lot.
(b) 500 dollars a day.
(c) Very little.
(d) 5,000 euros a month.
13. Who did Zahra compare her husband to in Chapter 5?
(a) The Sultan.
(b) A dictator.
(c) A French imperialist.
(d) A woman.
14. Where does Roukia get locked in?
(a) Her room.
(b) The attic.
(c) The cellar.
(d) A freezer.
15. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" give the girls to eat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" lend the girls?
2. What does Zahra think of her sister?
3. What does the state official offer his acquaintance?
4. What happens when Zahra confronts her husband about his affair?
5. What is wrong, according to Zahra's husband, with the way she eats?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)