|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the man in "Divorce" on his way home from work?
(a) An accident.
(b) He dies.
(c) He wins the lottery.
(d) He meets his future bride.
2. What happens to the old neighbors in "Out of Work"?
(a) They were arrested.
(b) They moved.
(c) They still live in the same homes.
(d) They died.
3. Who does the man in "Divorce" marry?
(a) A wealthy woman.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A homeless woman.
(d) A teacher.
4. Who does Roukia unlock the door for on a nightly basis?
(a) The ghosts.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandfather.
5. What does the acquaintance in "The Discontented" claim he knows nothing about?
6. How does Zahra feel at the start of Chapter 5?
(d) In love.
7. How did the two sisters in "Silence" differ?
(a) One was rich and the other was poor.
(b) One was young looking and the other sickly.
(c) One was blonde and the one was brunette.
(d) One was deaf and the other was blind.
8. What building materials do the girls use in "A House in the Woods"?
9. In the story "Dinner in the Black Market", what is the employee looking for?
(a) A piece of art.
(b) A missing book.
(c) A job.
(d) A rental.
10. In "Out of Work", how did her community change?
(a) It is now a busy city.
(b) It doesn't change.
(c) It is empty.
(d) It is violent.
11. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" lend the girls?
(a) An axe.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A horse.
(d) A sack.
12. Where does Roukia get locked in?
(a) The cellar.
(b) Her room.
(c) A freezer.
(d) The attic.
13. How are the girls in "A House in the Woods" related?
(a) Aunts and nieces.
14. What job does the visitor hold in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
(c) Owner of restaurant.
(d) Owner of insurance company.
15. Who did Zahra compare her husband to in Chapter 5?
(a) A French imperialist.
(b) A dictator.
(c) The Sultan.
(d) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman in "Out of Work" describe her commute?
2. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" give the girls to eat?
3. When must the sisters fast?
4. What month is "A Vacation" set in?
5. What is Aziz's temperament like at the start of "The Stranger"?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)