|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is lodged in a character's nose in "A Vacation"?
(a) A bead.
(b) A grape.
(c) A chickpea.
(d) A marble.
2. Who takes Zahra to a fortune teller?
(c) Her husband.
3. What building materials do the girls use in "A House in the Woods"?
4. What does the woman in "Out of Work" see young people wearing?
(a) New fashions.
(b) Vintage clothes.
(c) Fur hats.
5. In "Out of Work", how did her community change?
(a) It is empty.
(b) It doesn't change.
(c) It is violent.
(d) It is now a busy city.
6. How do the visitor and employee know each other?
(a) High school.
7. What does the woman in "Out of Work" do now that she is unemployed?
(b) Moves in with her daughter.
(d) Wanders around town.
8. What religion does Aziz convert to?
9. In the story "Dinner in the Black Market", what is the employee looking for?
(a) A rental.
(b) A piece of art.
(c) A job.
(d) A missing book.
10. When must the sisters fast?
(a) During the night.
(b) The third Friday of the month.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) During the day.
11. Where does Roukia get locked in?
(a) The cellar.
(b) Her room.
(c) The attic.
(d) A freezer.
12. How did the two sisters in "Silence" differ?
(a) One was deaf and the other was blind.
(b) One was rich and the other was poor.
(c) One was blonde and the one was brunette.
(d) One was young looking and the other sickly.
13. What does the state official offer his acquaintance?
(a) A car.
(b) A better paying job.
(c) A house.
14. How do the girls decorate their construction in "A House in the Woods"?
15. How are the girls in "A House in the Woods" related?
(b) Aunts and nieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the sister in "Silence" ask for God's forgiveness?
2. What month is "A Vacation" set in?
3. What is wrong, according to Zahra's husband, with the way she eats?
4. What job does Zahra take at the end of Chapter 5?
5. What is the setting of "A House in the Woods"?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)