|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What building materials do the girls use in "A House in the Woods"?
2. What language does Zahra's husband want her to speak?
3. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" give the girls to eat?
4. In the story "Dinner in the Black Market", what is the employee looking for?
(a) A missing book.
(b) A piece of art.
(c) A job.
(d) A rental.
5. In Chapter 5, where does Zahra decide to move to?
(b) Her home town.
6. How does the sister in "Silence" ask for God's forgiveness?
(a) She marries her sister's husband.
(b) She prays.
(c) She invites her sister to move in with her.
(d) She donates money to the church.
7. How does the visitor think she can help the employee in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
(a) Her business is hiring.
(b) She owns rental properties.
(c) She knows important people.
(d) She owns a bookstore.
8. What does the woman learn at the end of "Out of Work"?
(a) Death makes your cry.
(b) Money makes you happy.
(c) Love is everything.
(d) Life passed her by.
9. What is the visitor's real profession?
(d) Police officer.
10. How long did it take the woman in "Out of Work" to understand her city?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 1 year.
11. What animal does one of the girls chase in "A House in the Woods"?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A dog.
(c) A hornet.
(d) A bear.
12. What was the relationship between the two sisters in "Silence" like?
13. Who questions Zahra's choice to move in Chapter 5?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her faqih.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her brother.
14. In "Out of Work", how did her community change?
(a) It is violent.
(b) It is empty.
(c) It is now a busy city.
(d) It doesn't change.
15. What does the acquaintance in "The Discontented" claim he knows nothing about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Zahra take at the end of Chapter 5?
2. Why did Aziz's parents fight?
3. What does Roukia's mother send her to the field to collect?
4. What caused the deterioration of Zahra's marriage?
5. What was the life of the person the state official met with like?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)