|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Dinner in the Black Market", why did the husband's praise the visitor?
(a) Her music selection.
(b) Her outfit.
(c) Her furniture.
(d) Her hospitality.
2. Where does the woman visit at the end of "Out of Work"?
(d) Her job.
3. What does the oldest girl want to build by the stream?
(a) A house.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A church.
(d) A fort.
4. How long did it take the woman in "Out of Work" to understand her city?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 5 years.
5. What is wrong, according to Zahra's husband, with the way she eats?
(a) She uses a fork.
(b) She talks and eats at the same time.
(c) She eats with her hands.
(d) She uses a spoon.
6. When must the sisters fast?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) During the day.
(c) The third Friday of the month.
(d) During the night.
7. What is the acquaintance's reaction to the state official's offer in "The Discontented"?
(a) He accepts.
(b) He turns it down.
(c) He cries.
(d) He laughs.
8. What language does Zahra's husband want her to speak?
9. Who takes Zahra to a fortune teller?
(b) Her husband.
10. What does Roukia think of her surprise?
(a) She dislikes it.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She is thrilled.
(d) She eats it.
11. Who does the state official meet in "The Discontented"?
(a) An old friend.
(b) His wife.
(c) His brother.
(d) His cousin.
12. In Chapter 5, who does Zahra visit in Casablanca?
(b) Her mother-in-law.
(c) Faqih and Roukia.
(d) Her mother.
13. What is the man's behavior like in "Divorce"?
14. What happens to the old neighbors in "Out of Work"?
(a) They were arrested.
(b) They moved.
(c) They still live in the same homes.
(d) They died.
15. What is Aziz's temperament like at the start of "The Stranger"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state official's life like?
2. Where is Aziz's childhood home?
3. What does the state official offer his acquaintance?
4. Who does Roukia unlock the door for on a nightly basis?
5. What is the setting of "A House in the Woods"?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)