|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, where does Zahra decide to move to?
(b) Her home town.
2. What job does Aziz hope to obtain?
3. Where does Zahra try and find work in Chapter 5?
(a) A school.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A factory.
(d) A hospital.
4. What building materials do the girls use in "A House in the Woods"?
5. What happens to the old neighbors in "Out of Work"?
(a) They died.
(b) They moved.
(c) They were arrested.
(d) They still live in the same homes.
6. In the story "Dinner in the Black Market", what is the employee looking for?
(a) A piece of art.
(b) A missing book.
(c) A job.
(d) A rental.
7. What happens to the man in "Divorce" on his way home from work?
(a) An accident.
(b) He dies.
(c) He meets his future bride.
(d) He wins the lottery.
8. Why do people warn Zahra about moving?
(a) It is too unknown.
(b) She has too many children.
(c) She is uneducated.
(d) It is expensive.
9. What language does Zahra's husband want her to speak?
10. What did the husband's discover in "Dinner in the Black Market" was missing ?
(a) Their jewelry .
(b) Their cars.
(c) Their wives.
11. What was the life of the person the state official met with like?
12. Who is Aziz set to meet?
(a) His banker.
(b) His family.
(c) His wife.
(d) His doctor.
13. How are the girls in "A House in the Woods" related?
(c) Aunts and nieces.
14. Why did Aziz attend religious school?
(a) His sister's death.
(b) He needed a better education.
(c) He received a scholarship.
(d) His parents' divorce.
15. What is the man's behavior like in "Divorce"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state official's life like?
2. What job does Zahra take at the end of Chapter 5?
3. What does the woman in "Out of Work" see young people wearing?
4. What mode of transportation does the man in "Divorce" use?
5. How does the visitor dress in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)