|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the relationship between the two sisters in "Silence" like?
2. In "Out of Work", how did her community change?
(a) It is violent.
(b) It doesn't change.
(c) It is now a busy city.
(d) It is empty.
3. Who is Aziz set to meet?
(a) His wife.
(b) His banker.
(c) His family.
(d) His doctor.
4. Which sister took comfort in fasting?
(a) The poor one.
(b) The sickly one.
(c) The fat one.
(d) The wealthy one.
5. What is the visitor's personality in "Dinner in the Black Market" like?
6. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" give the girls to eat?
7. In "Dinner in the Black Market", why did the husband's praise the visitor?
(a) Her hospitality.
(b) Her outfit.
(c) Her music selection.
(d) Her furniture.
8. How are the girls in "A House in the Woods" related?
(d) Aunts and nieces.
9. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" do while the girls build?
(a) Writes a poem.
(c) Take pictures.
10. What message does Aziz's mom send to him?
(a) Please come home.
(b) Our house burned down.
(c) Your father is ill.
(d) Aziz is dead.
11. Which sister became grumpy during fasting?
(a) The sickly one.
(b) The poor one.
(c) The wealthy one.
(d) The robust one.
12. How does the acquaintance in "The Discontented" feel when he sees the state official's home?
13. What happens to the man in "Divorce" on his way home from work?
(a) He dies.
(b) He meets his future bride.
(c) An accident.
(d) He wins the lottery.
14. What job does the person the state official meets hold?
15. What is the state official's life like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What building materials do the girls use in "A House in the Woods"?
2. Where does Roukia get locked in?
3. What surprise awaited Roukia at home in "A Vacation"?
4. What is lodged in a character's nose in "A Vacation"?
5. What does Roukia's mother send her to the field to collect?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)