|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who does Zahra visit in Casablanca?
(a) Faqih and Roukia.
(b) Her mother-in-law.
(c) Her mother.
2. What is lodged in a character's nose in "A Vacation"?
(a) A chickpea.
(b) A marble.
(c) A bead.
(d) A grape.
3. What holy holiday is approaching in "Silence"?
(c) Yom Kippur.
4. Who did Zahra compare her husband to in Chapter 5?
(a) A dictator.
(b) The Sultan.
(c) A French imperialist.
(d) A woman.
5. How does the visitor dress in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
(b) In a neon jacket.
(c) In a set of scrubs.
6. How does the sister in "Silence" ask for God's forgiveness?
(a) She marries her sister's husband.
(b) She invites her sister to move in with her.
(c) She prays.
(d) She donates money to the church.
7. Who is Aziz set to meet?
(a) His wife.
(b) His banker.
(c) His doctor.
(d) His family.
8. What month is "A Vacation" set in?
9. Who abandoned the man in "Divorce" when he was a child?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
10. How does Zahra feel at the start of Chapter 5?
(b) In love.
11. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" lend the girls?
(a) A horse.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A sack.
(d) An axe.
12. What was the life of the person the state official met with like?
13. What happens to the old neighbors in "Out of Work"?
(a) They died.
(b) They still live in the same homes.
(c) They moved.
(d) They were arrested.
14. Who visits the man in "Divorce"?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His agent.
(d) His father.
15. How does Zahra treat her servants?
(c) She falls in love with them.
(d) Like slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does one of the girls chase in "A House in the Woods"?
2. What happens to the man in "Divorce" on his way home from work?
3. What does the oldest girl want to build by the stream?
4. What does Roukia think of her surprise?
5. Where does Roukia get locked in?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)