|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who does Zahra visit in Casablanca?
(a) Faqih and Roukia.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her mother-in-law.
2. What does the oldest girl want to build by the stream?
(a) A fort.
(b) A church.
(c) A house.
(d) A bridge.
3. What does the man in "Divorce" complain about?
(a) A wrinkled shirt.
(b) Wrinkled pants.
(c) His broken car.
(d) His cold dinner.
4. In "Dinner in the Black Market", why did the husband's praise the visitor?
(a) Her hospitality.
(b) Her furniture.
(c) Her music selection.
(d) Her outfit.
5. What is Aziz's temperament like at the start of "The Stranger"?
6. How long did it take the woman in "Out of Work" to understand her city?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 5 years.
7. How does the acquaintance in "The Discontented" feel when he sees the state official's home?
8. How does the visitor think she can help the employee in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
(a) She owns rental properties.
(b) She owns a bookstore.
(c) Her business is hiring.
(d) She knows important people.
9. Who takes Zahra to a fortune teller?
(d) Her husband.
10. What does the fortune teller tell Zahra in Chapter 5?
(a) Relief is coming.
(b) She will become pregnant.
(c) She will die soon.
(d) Her husband will divorce her.
11. What is wrong, according to Zahra's husband, with the way she eats?
(a) She talks and eats at the same time.
(b) She uses a fork.
(c) She eats with her hands.
(d) She uses a spoon.
12. What does the woman in "Out of Work" see young people wearing?
(a) Vintage clothes.
(c) New fashions.
(d) Fur hats.
13. How does the sister in "Silence" ask for God's forgiveness?
(a) She prays.
(b) She invites her sister to move in with her.
(c) She donates money to the church.
(d) She marries her sister's husband.
14. How do the visitor and employee know each other?
(a) High school.
15. How does the visitor dress in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
(a) In a set of scrubs.
(b) In a neon jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Zahra's husband want her to speak?
2. What caused the deterioration of Zahra's marriage?
3. Which sister took comfort in fasting?
4. Who does Roukia scare away from her home one night?
5. What does Zahra receive in the divorce?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)