|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zahra receive in the divorce?
(a) The children.
(b) Her clothes and a room.
(c) Her house.
(d) One million dollars.
2. What buildings replace the old homes?
3. Who did Zahra compare her husband to in Chapter 5?
(a) A dictator.
(b) A woman.
(c) A French imperialist.
(d) The Sultan.
4. How does the sister in "Silence" ask for God's forgiveness?
(a) She prays.
(b) She donates money to the church.
(c) She invites her sister to move in with her.
(d) She marries her sister's husband.
5. Why did Aziz attend religious school?
(a) His sister's death.
(b) His parents' divorce.
(c) He received a scholarship.
(d) He needed a better education.
6. In "Out of Work", how did her community change?
(a) It doesn't change.
(b) It is violent.
(c) It is empty.
(d) It is now a busy city.
7. What job does the person the state official meets hold?
8. Who was to blame for the one sister's divorce?
(a) The sickly sister.
(b) The robust sister.
(c) The mother.
(d) A neighbor.
9. Who questions Zahra's choice to move in Chapter 5?
(a) Her faqih.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her grandfather.
10. What does the woman in "Out of Work" see young people wearing?
(a) Fur hats.
(b) Vintage clothes.
(c) New fashions.
11. What holy holiday is approaching in "Silence"?
(b) Yom Kippur.
12. Why does the state official's acquaintance believe his life is the way it is?
(a) Bad luck.
(b) Good luck.
(d) Marrying into a good family.
13. How long did it take the woman in "Out of Work" to understand her city?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 20 years.
14. Which sister became grumpy during fasting?
(a) The poor one.
(b) The wealthy one.
(c) The robust one.
(d) The sickly one.
15. How do the visitor and employee know each other?
(b) High school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Zahra's wool spinning business make her?
2. What job does Zahra take at the end of Chapter 5?
3. How does the acquaintance in "The Discontented" feel when he sees the state official's home?
4. What does the woman in "Out of Work" do now that she is unemployed?
5. Why did Aziz's parents fight?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)