|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of "A House in the Woods"?
(a) A small village.
(b) A mountain top.
(c) A big city.
(d) A desert.
2. What job does the person the state official meets hold?
3. What building materials do the girls use in "A House in the Woods"?
4. Where does Roukia get locked in?
(a) The attic.
(b) Her room.
(c) A freezer.
(d) The cellar.
5. What religion does Aziz convert to?
6. Who is Aziz set to meet?
(a) His banker.
(b) His wife.
(c) His family.
(d) His doctor.
7. Where does the woman visit at the end of "Out of Work"?
(a) Her job.
8. Who did Zahra compare her husband to in Chapter 5?
(a) A woman.
(b) The Sultan.
(c) A dictator.
(d) A French imperialist.
9. What holy holiday is approaching in "Silence"?
(b) Yom Kippur.
10. What surprise awaited Roukia at home in "A Vacation"?
(a) A friend.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A plate of cookies.
(d) A cousin.
11. What is Aziz's temperament like at the start of "The Stranger"?
12. What does Zahra receive in the divorce?
(a) Her house.
(b) Her clothes and a room.
(c) The children.
(d) One million dollars.
13. What is the visitor's home like in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
14. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" do while the girls build?
(c) Take pictures.
(d) Writes a poem.
15. How does Zahra treat her servants?
(a) Like slaves.
(c) She falls in love with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman learn at the end of "Out of Work"?
2. How does the woman in "Out of Work" describe her commute?
3. Who questions Zahra's choice to move in Chapter 5?
4. How did the two sisters in "Silence" differ?
5. What is the state official's life like?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)