|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the visitor and employee know each other?
(c) High school.
2. How long did it take the woman in "Out of Work" to understand her city?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 1 year.
3. How does Zahra treat her servants?
(a) She falls in love with them.
(d) Like slaves.
4. What mode of transportation does the man in "Divorce" use?
5. What happens to the old neighbors in "Out of Work"?
(a) They died.
(b) They moved.
(c) They still live in the same homes.
(d) They were arrested.
6. Who did Zahra compare her husband to in Chapter 5?
(a) A dictator.
(b) A woman.
(c) A French imperialist.
(d) The Sultan.
7. Which sister became grumpy during fasting?
(a) The robust one.
(b) The poor one.
(c) The wealthy one.
(d) The sickly one.
8. What happens to the man in "Divorce" on his way home from work?
(a) He wins the lottery.
(b) An accident.
(c) He dies.
(d) He meets his future bride.
9. What animal does one of the girls chase in "A House in the Woods"?
(a) A dog.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A bear.
(d) A hornet.
10. What buildings replace the old homes?
11. What holy holiday is approaching in "Silence"?
(b) Yom Kippur.
12. Why did Aziz attend religious school?
(a) He received a scholarship.
(b) His sister's death.
(c) He needed a better education.
(d) His parents' divorce.
13. Where does Zahra try and find work in Chapter 5?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A factory.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A school.
14. Which sister took comfort in fasting?
(a) The wealthy one.
(b) The fat one.
(c) The sickly one.
(d) The poor one.
15. How did the two sisters in "Silence" differ?
(a) One was blonde and the one was brunette.
(b) One was young looking and the other sickly.
(c) One was deaf and the other was blind.
(d) One was rich and the other was poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Dinner in the Black Market", why did the husband's praise the visitor?
2. What is the visitor's real profession?
3. What does the acquaintance in "The Discontented" claim he knows nothing about?
4. Who visits the man in "Divorce"?
5. What job does Aziz hope to obtain?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)