|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Aziz hope to obtain?
2. Who is Yasmine in "The Stranger"?
(a) Aziz's mother.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A nanny.
(d) A teacher.
3. What happens to the man in "Divorce" on his way home from work?
(a) He wins the lottery.
(b) He dies.
(c) An accident.
(d) He meets his future bride.
4. How are the girls in "A House in the Woods" related?
(d) Aunts and nieces.
5. What is the state official's life like?
6. What religion does Aziz convert to?
7. Who did Zahra compare her husband to in Chapter 5?
(a) A dictator.
(b) The Sultan.
(c) A woman.
(d) A French imperialist.
8. What animal does one of the girls chase in "A House in the Woods"?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A bear.
(c) A hornet.
(d) A dog.
9. What language does Zahra's husband want her to speak?
10. How do the visitor and employee know each other?
(b) High school.
11. What was the relationship between the two sisters in "Silence" like?
12. What happens when Zahra confronts her husband about his affair?
(a) He slaps her.
(b) He does nothing.
(c) He apologizes.
(d) He lies.
13. What is the acquaintance's reaction to the state official's offer in "The Discontented"?
(a) He cries.
(b) He accepts.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He turns it down.
14. What happens to the old neighbors in "Out of Work"?
(a) They died.
(b) They were arrested.
(c) They still live in the same homes.
(d) They moved.
15. How much does Zahra's wool spinning business make her?
(a) 500 dollars a day.
(b) Very little.
(c) A lot.
(d) 5,000 euros a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Dinner in the Black Market", why did the husband's praise the visitor?
2. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" give the girls to eat?
3. How does the visitor dress in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
4. Who does Roukia scare away from her home one night?
5. What is wrong, according to Zahra's husband, with the way she eats?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)