|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zahra treat her servants?
(c) Like slaves.
(d) She falls in love with them.
2. How much does Zahra's wool spinning business make her?
(a) 500 dollars a day.
(b) Very little.
(c) A lot.
(d) 5,000 euros a month.
3. What is Aziz's temperament like at the start of "The Stranger"?
4. What is the acquaintance's reaction to the state official's offer in "The Discontented"?
(a) He accepts.
(b) He cries.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He turns it down.
5. Why did Aziz's parents fight?
(a) Over money.
(b) No reason.
(c) His father had a mistress.
(d) His mother had an affair.
6. How does Zahra feel at the start of Chapter 5?
(d) In love.
7. What does the acquaintance in "The Discontented" claim he knows nothing about?
8. What is the state official's life like?
9. What animal does one of the girls chase in "A House in the Woods"?
(a) A bear.
(b) A dog.
(c) A hornet.
(d) A butterfly.
10. What surprise awaited Roukia at home in "A Vacation"?
(a) A friend.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A plate of cookies.
(d) A puppy.
11. How long did it take the woman in "Out of Work" to understand her city?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 5 years.
12. What does Roukia's mother send her to the field to collect?
13. What does Zahra think of her sister?
(a) She is vain.
(b) She is kind.
(c) She is evil.
(d) She is loving.
14. How does the visitor dress in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
(c) In a neon jacket.
(d) In a set of scrubs.
15. What mode of transportation does the man in "Divorce" use?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman learn at the end of "Out of Work"?
2. What does the state official offer his acquaintance?
3. How does the visitor think she can help the employee in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
4. How are the girls in "A House in the Woods" related?
5. What caused the deterioration of Zahra's marriage?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)