|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the visitor dress in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
(a) In a set of scrubs.
(b) In a neon jacket.
2. What does the oldest girl want to build by the stream?
(a) A church.
(b) A house.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A fort.
3. What does Roukia's mother send her to the field to collect?
4. How does the acquaintance in "The Discontented" feel when he sees the state official's home?
5. Where does Roukia get locked in?
(a) Her room.
(b) The cellar.
(c) A freezer.
(d) The attic.
6. Which sister became grumpy during fasting?
(a) The wealthy one.
(b) The poor one.
(c) The robust one.
(d) The sickly one.
7. What job does the visitor hold in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
(a) Owner of restaurant.
(b) Owner of insurance company.
8. Where does Zahra try and find work in Chapter 5?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A factory.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A school.
9. Who did Zahra compare her husband to in Chapter 5?
(a) A dictator.
(b) A woman.
(c) The Sultan.
(d) A French imperialist.
10. What does the fortune teller tell Zahra in Chapter 5?
(a) Relief is coming.
(b) She will become pregnant.
(c) Her husband will divorce her.
(d) She will die soon.
11. What was the relationship between the two sisters in "Silence" like?
12. Why does the state official's acquaintance believe his life is the way it is?
(a) Marrying into a good family.
(b) Good luck.
(d) Bad luck.
13. Who does the man in "Divorce" marry?
(a) A homeless woman.
(b) A wealthy woman.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A lawyer.
14. What mode of transportation does the man in "Divorce" use?
15. What is the visitor's real profession?
(b) Police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sister took comfort in fasting?
2. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" do while the girls build?
3. What buildings replace the old homes?
4. What language does Zahra's husband want her to speak?
5. What building materials do the girls use in "A House in the Woods"?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)