|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who does Zahra visit in Casablanca?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her mother-in-law.
(c) Faqih and Roukia.
2. Who is Yasmine in "The Stranger"?
(a) A nanny.
(b) Aziz's mother.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A teacher.
3. In Chapter 5, where does Zahra decide to move to?
(b) Her home town.
4. In "Out of Work", how did her community change?
(a) It doesn't change.
(b) It is now a busy city.
(c) It is empty.
(d) It is violent.
5. What does the fortune teller tell Zahra in Chapter 5?
(a) She will die soon.
(b) She will become pregnant.
(c) Relief is coming.
(d) Her husband will divorce her.
6. What happens to the man in "Divorce" on his way home from work?
(a) An accident.
(b) He meets his future bride.
(c) He dies.
(d) He wins the lottery.
7. Who was to blame for the one sister's divorce?
(a) The mother.
(b) The sickly sister.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) The robust sister.
8. Why does the state official's acquaintance believe his life is the way it is?
(a) Marrying into a good family.
(b) Good luck.
(d) Bad luck.
9. What does the woman learn at the end of "Out of Work"?
(a) Money makes you happy.
(b) Love is everything.
(c) Life passed her by.
(d) Death makes your cry.
10. What does the man in "Divorce" complain about?
(a) His broken car.
(b) A wrinkled shirt.
(c) His cold dinner.
(d) Wrinkled pants.
11. What does the oldest girl want to build by the stream?
(a) A church.
(b) A house.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A fort.
12. What happens to the old neighbors in "Out of Work"?
(a) They moved.
(b) They died.
(c) They still live in the same homes.
(d) They were arrested.
13. What caused the deterioration of Zahra's marriage?
(a) Her illness.
(b) The independence.
(c) Her family.
(d) A death in the family.
14. What is the setting of "A House in the Woods"?
(a) A desert.
(b) A big city.
(c) A mountain top.
(d) A small village.
15. What language does Zahra's husband want her to speak?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the husband's discover in "Dinner in the Black Market" was missing ?
2. How does the sister in "Silence" ask for God's forgiveness?
3. Where does the woman visit at the end of "Out of Work"?
4. Who does the man in "Divorce" marry?
5. What is lodged in a character's nose in "A Vacation"?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)