|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Aziz set to meet?
(a) His family.
(b) His wife.
(c) His banker.
(d) His doctor.
2. How are the girls in "A House in the Woods" related?
(d) Aunts and nieces.
3. What does the woman in "Out of Work" see young people wearing?
(b) New fashions.
(c) Fur hats.
(d) Vintage clothes.
4. What religion does Aziz convert to?
5. What does the state official offer his acquaintance?
(a) A car.
(b) A better paying job.
(d) A house.
6. What happens to the man in "Divorce" on his way home from work?
(a) He wins the lottery.
(b) An accident.
(c) He dies.
(d) He meets his future bride.
7. What does Zahra think of her sister?
(a) She is vain.
(b) She is loving.
(c) She is kind.
(d) She is evil.
8. What does Zahra receive in the divorce?
(a) Her clothes and a room.
(b) The children.
(c) Her house.
(d) One million dollars.
9. Who does the state official meet in "The Discontented"?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His brother.
(c) His wife.
(d) An old friend.
10. In Chapter 5, who does Zahra visit in Casablanca?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Faqih and Roukia.
(c) Her mother-in-law.
11. What does the fortune teller tell Zahra in Chapter 5?
(a) She will become pregnant.
(b) Her husband will divorce her.
(c) She will die soon.
(d) Relief is coming.
12. In the story "Dinner in the Black Market", what is the employee looking for?
(a) A rental.
(b) A piece of art.
(c) A job.
(d) A missing book.
13. What holy holiday is approaching in "Silence"?
(d) Yom Kippur.
14. How do the girls decorate their construction in "A House in the Woods"?
15. What job does the person the state official meets hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Zahra take at the end of Chapter 5?
2. Who abandoned the man in "Divorce" when he was a child?
3. Who does Roukia scare away from her home one night?
4. What does the woman learn at the end of "Out of Work"?
5. What surprise awaited Roukia at home in "A Vacation"?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)