|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Aziz hope to obtain?
2. How does the visitor think she can help the employee in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
(a) She knows important people.
(b) She owns rental properties.
(c) Her business is hiring.
(d) She owns a bookstore.
3. What is the man's behavior like in "Divorce"?
4. What month is "A Vacation" set in?
5. What happens to the man in "Divorce" on his way home from work?
(a) He dies.
(b) He wins the lottery.
(c) He meets his future bride.
(d) An accident.
6. How does the visitor dress in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
(b) In a neon jacket.
(c) In a set of scrubs.
7. What does the state official offer his acquaintance?
(a) A better paying job.
(b) A car.
(d) A house.
8. Why did Aziz's parents fight?
(a) No reason.
(b) His father had a mistress.
(c) Over money.
(d) His mother had an affair.
9. Who does Roukia unlock the door for on a nightly basis?
(a) The ghosts.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
10. What does the acquaintance in "The Discontented" claim he knows nothing about?
11. How do the girls decorate their construction in "A House in the Woods"?
12. What does the fortune teller tell Zahra in Chapter 5?
(a) Her husband will divorce her.
(b) Relief is coming.
(c) She will become pregnant.
(d) She will die soon.
13. Who is Yasmine in "The Stranger"?
(a) Aziz's mother.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A nanny.
14. In "Out of Work", how did her community change?
(a) It is empty.
(b) It is violent.
(c) It is now a busy city.
(d) It doesn't change.
15. How did the two sisters in "Silence" differ?
(a) One was young looking and the other sickly.
(b) One was rich and the other was poor.
(c) One was deaf and the other was blind.
(d) One was blonde and the one was brunette.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman in "Out of Work" describe her commute?
2. In Chapter 5, who does Zahra visit in Casablanca?
3. What job does the person the state official meets hold?
4. What is the visitor's real profession?
5. What building materials do the girls use in "A House in the Woods"?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)