|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Zahra compare her husband to in Chapter 5?
(a) A French imperialist.
(b) A dictator.
(c) A woman.
(d) The Sultan.
2. What does the woman in "Out of Work" do now that she is unemployed?
(a) Wanders around town.
(b) Moves in with her daughter.
3. What is Aziz's temperament like at the start of "The Stranger"?
4. Why does the man in "Divorce" leave his wife?
(a) She stands up for herself.
(b) He doesn't like her cooking.
(c) She has an affair.
(d) He doesn't like her job.
5. What mode of transportation does the man in "Divorce" use?
6. How does Zahra feel at the start of Chapter 5?
(a) In love.
7. What is the state official's life like?
8. Who does Roukia unlock the door for on a nightly basis?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The ghosts.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandfather.
9. What did the husband's discover in "Dinner in the Black Market" was missing ?
(b) Their jewelry .
(c) Their wives.
(d) Their cars.
10. What happens to the man in "Divorce" on his way home from work?
(a) He meets his future bride.
(b) He wins the lottery.
(c) An accident.
(d) He dies.
11. What is lodged in a character's nose in "A Vacation"?
(a) A grape.
(b) A marble.
(c) A bead.
(d) A chickpea.
12. What job does Aziz hope to obtain?
13. Who is Yasmine in "The Stranger"?
(a) A nanny.
(b) Aziz's mother.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A doctor.
14. What is the setting of "A House in the Woods"?
(a) A big city.
(b) A small village.
(c) A mountain top.
(d) A desert.
15. How long did it take the woman in "Out of Work" to understand her city?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 1 year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" lend the girls?
2. What does the state official offer his acquaintance?
3. What does the acquaintance in "The Discontented" claim he knows nothing about?
4. In Chapter 5, where does Zahra decide to move to?
5. In the story "Dinner in the Black Market", what is the employee looking for?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)