|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the old neighbors in "Out of Work"?
(a) They died.
(b) They moved.
(c) They were arrested.
(d) They still live in the same homes.
2. In "Out of Work", how did her community change?
(a) It is violent.
(b) It is now a busy city.
(c) It is empty.
(d) It doesn't change.
3. When must the sisters fast?
(a) The third Friday of the month.
(b) 48 hours.
(c) During the night.
(d) During the day.
4. In Chapter 5, where does Zahra decide to move to?
(b) Her home town.
5. How do the visitor and employee know each other?
(a) High school.
6. What is the state official's life like?
7. What surprise awaited Roukia at home in "A Vacation"?
(a) A cousin.
(b) A plate of cookies.
(c) A friend.
(d) A puppy.
8. In the story "Dinner in the Black Market", what is the employee looking for?
(a) A job.
(b) A missing book.
(c) A piece of art.
(d) A rental.
9. Who is Yasmine in "The Stranger"?
(a) Aziz's mother.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A nanny.
(d) A doctor.
10. Where does Roukia get locked in?
(a) The attic.
(b) The cellar.
(c) A freezer.
(d) Her room.
11. How are the girls in "A House in the Woods" related?
(b) Aunts and nieces.
12. What does the state official believe is the reason for his acquaintance's living conditions?
(b) Leaving school.
(c) Marrying into a good family.
(d) The lottery.
13. How does the visitor think she can help the employee in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
(a) She knows important people.
(b) Her business is hiring.
(c) She owns rental properties.
(d) She owns a bookstore.
14. What did the husband's discover in "Dinner in the Black Market" was missing ?
(a) Their cars.
(b) Their jewelry .
(c) Their wives.
15. What is the setting of "A House in the Woods"?
(a) A small village.
(b) A desert.
(c) A mountain top.
(d) A big city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Aziz hope to obtain?
2. What does the woman in "Out of Work" do now that she is unemployed?
3. What does the woman learn at the end of "Out of Work"?
4. Who visits the man in "Divorce"?
5. How much does Zahra's wool spinning business make her?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)