|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the woman in "Out of Work" describe her commute?
2. Who is Aziz set to meet?
(a) His banker.
(b) His family.
(c) His wife.
(d) His doctor.
3. Why did Aziz attend religious school?
(a) He needed a better education.
(b) His sister's death.
(c) He received a scholarship.
(d) His parents' divorce.
4. What is the visitor's home like in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
5. What is wrong, according to Zahra's husband, with the way she eats?
(a) She talks and eats at the same time.
(b) She eats with her hands.
(c) She uses a spoon.
(d) She uses a fork.
6. What does the oldest girl want to build by the stream?
(a) A house.
(b) A church.
(c) A fort.
(d) A bridge.
7. What does Roukia's mother send her to the field to collect?
8. In Chapter 5, where does Zahra decide to move to?
(d) Her home town.
9. Who is Yasmine in "The Stranger"?
(a) A nanny.
(b) A doctor.
(c) Aziz's mother.
(d) A teacher.
10. In "Out of Work", how did her community change?
(a) It doesn't change.
(b) It is violent.
(c) It is now a busy city.
(d) It is empty.
11. What message does Aziz's mom send to him?
(a) Our house burned down.
(b) Aziz is dead.
(c) Please come home.
(d) Your father is ill.
12. How does the visitor dress in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
(a) In a set of scrubs.
(d) In a neon jacket.
13. What month is "A Vacation" set in?
14. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" lend the girls?
(a) A sack.
(b) A horse.
(c) A hammer.
(d) An axe.
15. Where does Zahra try and find work in Chapter 5?
(a) A school.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A factory.
(d) A restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the visitor's real profession?
2. In Chapter 5, who does Zahra visit in Casablanca?
3. What is the visitor's personality in "Dinner in the Black Market" like?
4. Who abandoned the man in "Divorce" when he was a child?
5. Who questions Zahra's choice to move in Chapter 5?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)