|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Zahra to a fortune teller?
(a) Her husband.
2. Who abandoned the man in "Divorce" when he was a child?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
3. What job does Aziz hope to obtain?
4. How does Zahra feel at the start of Chapter 5?
(b) In love.
5. What month is "A Vacation" set in?
6. How does the visitor think she can help the employee in "Dinner in the Black Market"?
(a) She owns rental properties.
(b) She owns a bookstore.
(c) She knows important people.
(d) Her business is hiring.
7. In "Dinner in the Black Market", why did the husband's praise the visitor?
(a) Her outfit.
(b) Her music selection.
(c) Her hospitality.
(d) Her furniture.
8. Who does the man in "Divorce" marry?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A wealthy woman.
(c) A homeless woman.
(d) A teacher.
9. How does the woman in "Out of Work" describe her commute?
10. How do the girls decorate their construction in "A House in the Woods"?
11. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" lend the girls?
(a) A sack.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A horse.
(d) An axe.
12. What buildings replace the old homes?
13. In Chapter 5, where does Zahra decide to move to?
(d) Her home town.
14. Who was to blame for the one sister's divorce?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) The mother.
(c) The robust sister.
(d) The sickly sister.
15. Who is Yasmine in "The Stranger"?
(a) A doctor.
(b) Aziz's mother.
(c) A nanny.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the acquaintance's reaction to the state official's offer in "The Discontented"?
2. What is wrong, according to Zahra's husband, with the way she eats?
3. What message does Aziz's mom send to him?
4. What building materials do the girls use in "A House in the Woods"?
5. What does the old man in "A House in the Woods" give the girls to eat?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)