|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal dropped clay pellets on the army?
2. What was Hajj Ali given after the independence?
(a) A medal.
(b) A saat.
(c) A caid.
(d) A new home.
3. At the start of Chapter 4 what does Zahra spend her money on?
(c) Spinning materials.
4. How much money does Zahra receive in Chapter 3 from the government?
(a) 354 dollars.
(b) 100 dollars.
(c) Enough for twenty days.
(d) Enough for a hundred days.
5. Whose perspective is "Year of the Elephant" from?
(a) A child.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) A wealthy woman.
(d) A working-class woman.
6. How did Zahra feel on her wedding day?
7. Who was born in the Year of the Elephant ?
(a) The prophet Mohammad.
(c) Abou Zayd.
(d) Shing Liu.
8. How old was Abou Zayd when Morocco gained independence from France?
9. How does Zahra recognize Rahal ?
(a) He has six toes.
(b) He is blonde.
(c) He has long hair.
(d) He has six fingers.
10. Who did Morocco fight in the 19th century?
(a) The United States.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The Japanese.
(d) The French and Spanish.
11. Where does Zahra go to live in Chapter 1?
(a) Her brother's hotel.
(b) Rahman's house.
(c) Her parent's basement.
(d) Her condo.
12. What can Zahra and her husband not discuss while at the jail?
(a) The weather.
(c) Their marriage.
(d) Their children.
13. Who is the narrator of this story?
14. What does Zahra think about Casablanca?
(c) Low class.
15. What is a faqih?
(a) A street car.
(b) A queen.
(c) A holyman.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Zahra's mother-in-law want her son to divorce Zahra?
2. How did Faqih escape his pursuers?
3. Who moves to Casablanca with Zahra?
4. What is the "first" this book is known for?
5. How does Zahra feel when she visits the tomb in Chapter 2?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)