|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stole donated goods from the storage sight in Chapter 4?
(b) June B.
2. Who do the literacy meetings in Chapter 4 help?
(a) School teachers.
(b) Illiterate peasant women.
(c) Small children.
(d) Older men.
3. Where does Zahra go to live in Chapter 1?
(a) Her parent's basement.
(b) Her condo.
(c) Her brother's hotel.
(d) Rahman's house.
4. How does Zahra describe her childhood?
5. How did Zahra's family make money?
(a) Making bread.
(d) Growing orchards.
6. What is the "first" this book is known for?
(a) The first book to question Christianity.
(b) The first book written by a Moroccan woman translated to English.
(c) The first book written by a woman.
(d) The first book to question Islam.
7. Who did Morocco fight in the 19th century?
(a) The United States.
(b) The Japanese.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The French and Spanish.
8. Who goes to the prison with Zahra to visit her husband?
9. Who is Walter in Chapter 4?
(a) A French politician.
(b) A German Guard.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A journalist.
10. What crisis did Morocco face in the mid 1950s?
11. What can Zahra and her husband not discuss while at the jail?
(a) Their marriage.
(b) Their children.
(c) The weather.
12. What people make up Zahra's family class?
(a) Kings and queens.
(b) Businessmen and politicians.
(d) Farmers and townspeople.
13. Where does Zahra return to in Chapter 1?
(b) New York.
(c) Her condo.
(d) Her hometown.
14. Where did Zahra live during the first year of her marriage?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her in-laws.
(d) Her grandparents.
15. Where did Zahra want to store goods in Chapter 4?
(a) The local school.
(b) Faqih's house.
(c) A cellar in an abandoned home.
(d) Her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zahra feel at the start of Chapter 4?
2. What is the name of the author of the introduction?
3. What does Hajj Ali do for a living?
4. What does Zahra do to Pinhas' shop?
5. Who is Safia?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)