|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stole donated goods from the storage sight in Chapter 4?
(c) June B.
2. Who does Zahra learn has a baby later in life?
(a) Her sister.
(c) Rahman's daughter.
(d) Her teacher.
3. What is a faqih?
(a) A holyman.
(b) A street car.
(c) A queen.
(d) A doctor.
4. What type of meetings do Zahra and Safia hold?
(a) Parent-teacher meetings.
(b) Women's meetings.
(c) Legal meetings.
(d) Therapist sessions.
5. Whose perspective is "Year of the Elephant" from?
(a) A working-class woman.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) A child.
(d) A wealthy woman.
6. What is considered the language of the common man in Morocco?
7. Who is the narrator of this story?
8. What job did Abou Zayd have after college?
9. Who surprises Zahra during one of her meetings in Chapter 4?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) June B.
10. Who is Rahma?
(a) A wealthy banker.
(b) An eccentric woman.
(c) An eccentric man.
(d) A doctor.
11. How much money does Zahra receive in Chapter 3 from the government?
(a) 354 dollars.
(b) Enough for twenty days.
(c) Enough for a hundred days.
(d) 100 dollars.
12. Where did Zahra want to store goods in Chapter 4?
(a) Her house.
(b) A cellar in an abandoned home.
(c) The local school.
(d) Faqih's house.
13. Where does Zahra go at the start of Chapter 4?
14. How does Zahra feel at the start of this story?
15. What was Zahra's father like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language did Abou Zayd use on her radio show?
2. Who do the literacy meetings in Chapter 4 help?
3. How does Zahra describe her childhood?
4. What is considered the language of the wealthy in Morocco?
5. How does Zahra feel at the start of Chapter 4?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)