|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "first" this book is known for?
(a) The first book to question Islam.
(b) The first book to question Christianity.
(c) The first book written by a woman.
(d) The first book written by a Moroccan woman translated to English.
2. How did Zahra's husband express interest to Zahra that he wanted to marry her?
(a) He emailed her.
(b) He did not consult her.
(c) He called her.
(d) He wrote her a letter.
3. Who did Faqih leave behind in Vietnam?
(a) His house.
(b) His mother.
(c) His daughters.
(d) His money.
4. What language did Abou Zayd use on her radio show?
5. Who returned from exile in 1956?
(b) Abou Zayd.
(d) The sultan.
6. What crisis did Morocco face in the mid 1950s?
7. What does the reader learn in Chapter 1 about Zahra's family?
(a) They live in jail.
(b) They are politicians.
(c) Her close family members are dead.
(d) They are wealthy.
8. Who does Faqih hate?
(a) The French.
9. How does Zahra describe her childhood?
10. How did Zahra learn about Rahman?
(a) She befriended her daughter.
(b) She worked for her as a maid.
(c) She spied on her from a tree.
(d) She befriended her son.
11. What is considered the language of the wealthy in Morocco?
12. What year was Abou Zayd born?
13. Who, at the end of Chapter 1, gives Zahra a mattress?
(a) Her brother.
(b) The faqih.
(c) Her mother.
14. What type of meetings do Zahra and Safia hold?
(a) Parent-teacher meetings.
(b) Therapist sessions.
(c) Legal meetings.
(d) Women's meetings.
15. What was attacked in 570 A.D.?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Zahra learn has a baby later in life?
2. What does Hajj Ali do for a living?
3. What does Zahra think about Casablanca?
4. Who is Walter in Chapter 4?
5. Where did Zahra live during the first year of her marriage?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)