|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zahra describe her childhood?
2. Why did Zahra's mother-in-law want her son to divorce Zahra?
(a) She stole from the family.
(b) She yelled at her.
(c) She was barren.
(d) She ate the last of their rice.
3. How did Faqih escape his pursuers?
(a) He dressed in women's clothes.
(b) He hid in a trash can.
(c) He ran to Paris.
(d) He dressed as a homeless man.
4. Whose perspective is "Year of the Elephant" from?
(a) A wealthy woman.
(b) A working-class woman.
(c) A homeless man.
(d) A child.
5. How does Zahra feel when she visits the tomb in Chapter 2?
(d) At peace.
6. Who did Zahra's husband ask permission from before marrying Zahra?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Her mother.
7. Where does Zahra's husband go to jail?
(a) San Quentin.
(c) San Juan.
8. What was Zahra's father like?
9. Who is Walter in Chapter 4?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A German Guard.
(c) A French politician.
(d) A journalist.
10. Who moves to Casablanca with Zahra?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her sister.
11. What type of meetings do Zahra and Safia hold?
(a) Therapist sessions.
(b) Legal meetings.
(c) Parent-teacher meetings.
(d) Women's meetings.
12. Who does Faqih hate?
(a) The French.
13. What does the reader learn in Chapter 1 about Zahra's family?
(a) Her close family members are dead.
(b) They are politicians.
(c) They are wealthy.
(d) They live in jail.
14. Who surprises Zahra during one of her meetings in Chapter 4?
(a) June B.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her husband.
15. What is considered the language of the wealthy in Morocco?
Short Answer Questions
1. What natural disaster occurs in Chapter 1 to Zahara's town?
2. How does Zahra feel in Chapter 3 when she visits the open air market?
3. What was attacked in 570 A.D.?
4. Who do the literacy meetings in Chapter 4 help?
5. How did Zahra feel on her wedding day?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)