|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zahra do to Pinhas' shop?
(a) Shops there.
(b) Buys it.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Paints it.
2. What is considered the language of the wealthy in Morocco?
3. Whose grave does Zahra visit in Chapter 2?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her grandfather.
4. Who, at the end of Chapter 1, gives Zahra a mattress?
(b) The faqih.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
5. What does Zahra remember when she sees images of the natural disaster in Chapter 1?
(a) The sultan.
(b) Jewish merchants.
(c) Her school.
(d) The local baker.
6. What was Zahra's father like?
7. Who tells Zahra that her husband is in jail?
(a) Her husband.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A lawyer.
8. Who did Zahra avoid on her wedding day?
(a) Her family.
(b) The priest.
(c) Her mother-in-law.
(d) The groom.
9. How did Zahra react to the Casablanca Massacre?
10. Who helped Zahra decide to join the Moroccan resistance movement?
(d) Her father.
11. Where does Zahra's husband go to jail?
(b) San Juan.
(d) San Quentin.
12. What does the reader learn in Chapter 1 about Zahra's family?
(a) They are politicians.
(b) They are wealthy.
(c) They live in jail.
(d) Her close family members are dead.
13. What year was Abou Zayd born?
14. What limb did Faqih loose in Vietnam?
(a) A foot.
(b) An arm.
(c) A toe.
(d) A leg.
15. How much money does Zahra receive in Chapter 3 from the government?
(a) Enough for a hundred days.
(b) 354 dollars.
(c) Enough for twenty days.
(d) 100 dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zahra compare the Casablanca Massacre to?
2. What was Hajj Ali given after the independence?
3. Who surprises Zahra during one of her meetings in Chapter 4?
4. What news does Zahra's husband give her in Chapter 1?
5. How does Zahra recognize Rahal ?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)