|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What papers does Zahra fill out at the start of Chapter 3?
(a) Immigration papers.
(b) Custody papers.
(c) A will.
(d) Divorce papers.
2. Who do the literacy meetings in Chapter 4 help?
(a) Small children.
(b) Older men.
(c) School teachers.
(d) Illiterate peasant women.
3. Who taught Zahra the skill she will use to make money?
(a) Her father.
(b) No one.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her mother.
4. What news does Zahra's husband give her in Chapter 1?
(a) Her mother is dying.
(b) He is dying.
(c) He is broke.
(d) He wants a divorce.
5. What does Zahra do to Pinhas' shop?
(a) Paints it.
(b) Buys it.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Shops there.
6. What does Zahra think about Casablanca?
(c) Low class.
7. Where does Zahra go at the start of Chapter 3?
(b) The mall.
(c) The post office.
(d) The park.
8. How much money does Zahra receive in Chapter 3 from the government?
(a) Enough for twenty days.
(b) 354 dollars.
(c) 100 dollars.
(d) Enough for a hundred days.
9. How did Zahra learn about Rahman?
(a) She befriended her son.
(b) She worked for her as a maid.
(c) She spied on her from a tree.
(d) She befriended her daughter.
10. How does Zahra travel to the prison in Chapter 4?
11. What was Hajj Ali given after the independence?
(a) A medal.
(b) A saat.
(c) A caid.
(d) A new home.
12. What limb did Faqih loose in Vietnam?
(a) A leg.
(b) A foot.
(c) A toe.
(d) An arm.
13. What does Zahra compare the Casablanca Massacre to?
(a) A surprise party.
(b) Losing a loved one.
(c) Shooting fish in a barrel.
(d) A solid marraige.
14. How does Zahra feel in Chapter 3 when she visits the open air market?
(d) At home.
15. Who is Walter in Chapter 4?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A German Guard.
(c) A French politician.
(d) A journalist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Zahra live during the first year of her marriage?
2. What did the children think Rahma really was?
3. Where does Zahra's husband go to jail?
4. Who does Zahra visit in Chapter 3 to air her frustration?
5. What animal dropped clay pellets on the army?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)