|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "first" this book is known for?
(a) The first book to question Christianity.
(b) The first book written by a woman.
(c) The first book written by a Moroccan woman translated to English.
(d) The first book to question Islam.
2. What people make up Zahra's family class?
(a) Businessmen and politicians.
(b) Kings and queens.
(d) Farmers and townspeople.
3. How did Zahra's mother treat her?
(a) She loved her.
(b) She hated her.
(c) She played games with her.
(d) She ignored her.
4. What is the name of the author of the introduction?
(a) McKayla Frank.
(b) John Stewart.
(c) Elizabeth Fernea.
(d) Mike Wallace.
5. What animal dropped clay pellets on the army?
6. How much money does Zahra receive in Chapter 3 from the government?
(a) 100 dollars.
(b) Enough for twenty days.
(c) 354 dollars.
(d) Enough for a hundred days.
7. Who taught Zahra the skill she will use to make money?
(a) Her father.
(b) No one.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
8. How does Zahra feel at the start of Chapter 4?
9. At the start of Chapter 4 what does Zahra spend her money on?
(a) Spinning materials.
10. Why did Zahra's mother-in-law want her son to divorce Zahra?
(a) She stole from the family.
(b) She yelled at her.
(c) She was barren.
(d) She ate the last of their rice.
11. Who did Morocco fight in the 19th century?
(a) The United States.
(b) The French and Spanish.
(c) The Japanese.
(d) The Russians.
12. What does Hajj Ali do for a living?
13. What natural disaster occurs in Chapter 1 to Zahara's town?
14. Who does Zahra visit in Chapter 3 to air her frustration?
(a) A therapist.
(b) The faqih.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brother.
15. What does Zahra compare the Casablanca Massacre to?
(a) Shooting fish in a barrel.
(b) A surprise party.
(c) Losing a loved one.
(d) A solid marraige.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Zahra's father like?
2. How did Zahra and Faqih travel to Souk al-Arba?
3. Who was born in the Year of the Elephant ?
4. Who tells Zahra that her husband is in jail?
5. What can Zahra and her husband not discuss while at the jail?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)