|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Zahra's mother-in-law want her son to divorce Zahra?
(a) She stole from the family.
(b) She ate the last of their rice.
(c) She was barren.
(d) She yelled at her.
2. Who taught Zahra the skill she will use to make money?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) No one.
3. Who is Walter in Chapter 4?
(a) A journalist.
(b) A French politician.
(c) A German Guard.
(d) A doctor.
4. Who is the narrator of this story?
5. Who was born in the Year of the Elephant ?
(a) Shing Liu.
(c) The prophet Mohammad.
(d) Abou Zayd.
6. Where does Zahra go at the start of Chapter 4?
7. Who moves to Casablanca with Zahra?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her friend.
8. Who does Zahra learn has a baby later in life?
(a) Rahman's daughter.
(b) Her teacher.
(c) Her sister.
9. What can Zahra and her husband not discuss while at the jail?
(b) Their children.
(c) The weather.
(d) Their marriage.
10. Where does Zahra return to in Chapter 1?
(b) New York.
(c) Her hometown.
(d) Her condo.
11. What is the "first" this book is known for?
(a) The first book to question Christianity.
(b) The first book to question Islam.
(c) The first book written by a woman.
(d) The first book written by a Moroccan woman translated to English.
12. At the start of Chapter 4 what does Zahra spend her money on?
(a) Spinning materials.
13. How does Zahra feel in Chapter 3 when she visits the open air market?
(a) At home.
14. How did Zahra's mother treat her?
(a) She loved her.
(b) She played games with her.
(c) She ignored her.
(d) She hated her.
15. Who goes to the prison with Zahra to visit her husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Zahra receive in Chapter 3 from the government?
2. How did Zahra feel on her wedding day?
3. What limb did Faqih loose in Vietnam?
4. Who is Rahma?
5. How did Zahra and Faqih travel to Souk al-Arba?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)