|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What papers does Zahra fill out at the start of Chapter 3?
(a) A will.
(b) Custody papers.
(c) Divorce papers.
(d) Immigration papers.
2. Where did Zahra live during the first year of her marriage?
(a) Her grandparents.
(b) Her in-laws.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her friends.
3. Who helped Zahra decide to join the Moroccan resistance movement?
(c) Her father.
4. Who tells Zahra that her husband is in jail?
(a) Her husband.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A neighbor.
5. How did Zahra and Faqih travel to Souk al-Arba?
6. Where does Zahra go to live in Chapter 1?
(a) Her parent's basement.
(b) Her brother's hotel.
(c) Rahman's house.
(d) Her condo.
7. Where does Zahra return to in Chapter 1?
(a) New York.
(b) Her hometown.
(c) Her condo.
8. Who does Faqih hate?
(c) The French.
9. What does Zahra do to Pinhas' shop?
(a) Buys it.
(b) Shops there.
(c) Paints it.
(d) Burns it.
10. Who goes to the prison with Zahra to visit her husband?
11. What people make up Zahra's family class?
(a) Farmers and townspeople.
(b) Businessmen and politicians.
(d) Kings and queens.
12. How old was Abou Zayd when Morocco gained independence from France?
13. What natural disaster occurs in Chapter 1 to Zahara's town?
14. What is considered the language of the common man in Morocco?
15. Who, at the end of Chapter 1, gives Zahra a mattress?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(d) The faqih.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the Sultan of Morocco treated when he returned from exile?
2. How did Zahra learn about Rahman?
3. How did Zahra's husband feel about the resistance?
4. Where does Zahra's husband go to jail?
5. How does Zahra describe her childhood?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)