|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zahra do to Pinhas' shop?
(a) Paints it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Buys it.
(d) Shops there.
2. What did Zahra feel her role was once she married?
(a) To sweep floors.
(b) To find a job.
(c) To go to school.
(d) To get pregnant.
3. How did Zahra learn about Rahman?
(a) She worked for her as a maid.
(b) She spied on her from a tree.
(c) She befriended her daughter.
(d) She befriended her son.
4. What was attacked in 570 A.D.?
5. What job did Abou Zayd have after college?
6. What language did Abou Zayd use on her radio show?
7. What did Zahra see in Rahman's home?
(a) Several locked doors.
(b) A nursery.
(c) A big TV.
(d) A room that was painted green.
8. What is considered the language of the common man in Morocco?
9. What is the "first" this book is known for?
(a) The first book written by a woman.
(b) The first book written by a Moroccan woman translated to English.
(c) The first book to question Islam.
(d) The first book to question Christianity.
10. Where does Zahra go at the start of Chapter 4?
11. How did Zahra's husband feel about the resistance?
12. What natural disaster occurs in Chapter 1 to Zahara's town?
13. What does Zahra think about Casablanca?
(c) Low class.
14. Where did Zahra want to store goods in Chapter 4?
(a) Faqih's house.
(b) The local school.
(c) A cellar in an abandoned home.
(d) Her house.
15. What rumor was spread about Raham's house?
(a) It was haunted.
(b) She had 20 bedrooms.
(c) She had a magic room.
(d) It disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hajj Ali given after the independence?
2. Where does Zahra's husband get transferred to in Chapter 4?
3. Who stole donated goods from the storage sight in Chapter 4?
4. Who is the narrator of this story?
5. What language was "Year of the Elephant" first written in?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)