|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Zahra feel on her wedding day?
2. What was attacked in 570 A.D.?
3. What does Zahra think about Casablanca?
(b) Low class.
4. What natural disaster occurs in Chapter 1 to Zahara's town?
5. Who goes to the prison with Zahra to visit her husband?
6. Who is Walter in Chapter 4?
(a) A French politician.
(b) A German Guard.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A doctor.
7. What does the reader learn in Chapter 1 about Zahra's family?
(a) Her close family members are dead.
(b) They are wealthy.
(c) They are politicians.
(d) They live in jail.
8. When did Morocco gain independence?
9. Who does Zahra visit in Chapter 3 to air her frustration?
(a) A therapist.
(b) The faqih.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
10. What papers does Zahra fill out at the start of Chapter 3?
(a) Immigration papers.
(b) A will.
(c) Divorce papers.
(d) Custody papers.
11. Who moves to Casablanca with Zahra?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her husband.
12. What is the "first" this book is known for?
(a) The first book to question Christianity.
(b) The first book written by a Moroccan woman translated to English.
(c) The first book to question Islam.
(d) The first book written by a woman.
13. How does Zahra travel to the prison in Chapter 4?
14. Whose perspective is "Year of the Elephant" from?
(a) A wealthy woman.
(b) A working-class woman.
(c) A child.
(d) A homeless man.
15. How does Zahra plan to make money?
(d) Spinning wool.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zahra's mother treat her?
2. What did Zahra feel her role was once she married?
3. What crisis did Morocco face in the mid 1950s?
4. How did Zahra's husband express interest to Zahra that he wanted to marry her?
5. What news does Zahra's husband give her in Chapter 1?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)