|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stole donated goods from the storage sight in Chapter 4?
(c) June B.
2. How did Zahra feel on her wedding day?
3. Where did Zahra want to store goods in Chapter 4?
(a) The local school.
(b) A cellar in an abandoned home.
(c) Faqih's house.
(d) Her house.
4. Who is Rahma?
(a) An eccentric man.
(b) A wealthy banker.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An eccentric woman.
5. What is scary about the news Zahra receives in Chapter 1 from her husband?
(a) Moroccan women don't divorce.
(b) Her mother is her best friend.
(c) They will have no where to live.
(d) She doesn't want him to die.
6. What did the children think Rahma really was?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A demon.
(c) A fairy.
(d) A witch.
7. Where does Zahra's husband get transferred to in Chapter 4?
8. How does Zahra feel at the start of this story?
9. How does Zahra describe her childhood?
10. Who does Zahra learn has a baby later in life?
(a) Her teacher.
(b) Rahman's daughter.
(c) Her sister.
11. What year was Abou Zayd born?
12. What did Zahra see in Rahman's home?
(a) A big TV.
(b) A room that was painted green.
(c) A nursery.
(d) Several locked doors.
13. What was attacked in 570 A.D.?
14. Who tells Zahra that her husband is in jail?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) A neighbor.
15. What limb did Faqih loose in Vietnam?
(a) A leg.
(b) A toe.
(c) An arm.
(d) A foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crisis did Morocco face in the mid 1950s?
2. Where does Zahra go at the start of Chapter 3?
3. Who was born in the Year of the Elephant ?
4. Who is Safia?
5. How many languages does Abou Zayd know?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)