|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "first" this book is known for?
(a) The first book to question Islam.
(b) The first book to question Christianity.
(c) The first book written by a woman.
(d) The first book written by a Moroccan woman translated to English.
2. When did Morocco gain independence?
3. Where does Zahra go to live in Chapter 1?
(a) Her condo.
(b) Rahman's house.
(c) Her brother's hotel.
(d) Her parent's basement.
4. What does Zahra do to Pinhas' shop?
(a) Paints it.
(b) Buys it.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Shops there.
5. What language did Abou Zayd use on her radio show?
6. How did Zahra react to the Casablanca Massacre?
7. What did Zahra see in Rahman's home?
(a) A big TV.
(b) Several locked doors.
(c) A room that was painted green.
(d) A nursery.
8. Who goes to the prison with Zahra to visit her husband?
9. How was the Sultan of Morocco treated when he returned from exile?
(a) With fear.
(b) Like a hero.
(c) With disdain.
(d) With hatred.
10. Where does Zahra go at the start of Chapter 3?
(a) The mall.
(b) The park.
(c) The post office.
11. How does Zahra describe her childhood?
12. Who returned from exile in 1956?
(a) Abou Zayd.
(b) The sultan.
13. How many languages does Abou Zayd know?
14. Where does Zahra's husband get transferred to in Chapter 4?
15. In Chapter 1, what does Zahra compare the natural disaster in her town to?
(a) Her mother's death.
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Her inner turmoil.
(d) Her husband's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught Zahra the skill she will use to make money?
2. What can Zahra and her husband not discuss while at the jail?
3. How much money does Zahra receive in Chapter 3 from the government?
4. Who do the literacy meetings in Chapter 4 help?
5. What was attacked in 570 A.D.?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)