Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the children think Rahma really was?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A demon.
(c) A witch.
(d) A fairy.
2. Who taught Zahra the skill she will use to make money?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) No one.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. When did Morocco gain independence?
4. What did Zahra feel her role was once she married?
(a) To go to school.
(b) To find a job.
(c) To get pregnant.
(d) To sweep floors.
5. Who did Zahra avoid on her wedding day?
(a) The groom.
(b) Her mother-in-law.
(c) The priest.
(d) Her family.
6. What natural disaster occurs in Chapter 1 to Zahara's town?
7. What type of meetings do Zahra and Safia hold?
(a) Therapist sessions.
(b) Legal meetings.
(c) Parent-teacher meetings.
(d) Women's meetings.
8. Who did Faqih leave behind in Vietnam?
(a) His mother.
(b) His money.
(c) His house.
(d) His daughters.
9. Where did Zahra live during the first year of her marriage?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her in-laws.
(d) Her grandparents.
10. In Chapter 1, what does Zahra compare the natural disaster in her town to?
(a) Her inner turmoil.
(b) Her husband's death.
(c) Her marriage.
(d) Her mother's death.
11. Who does Zahra learn has a baby later in life?
(b) Rahman's daughter.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her teacher.
12. How does Zahra feel at the start of this story?
13. What is considered the language of the common man in Morocco?
14. Where does Zahra go at the start of Chapter 3?
(a) The mall.
(b) The park.
(d) The post office.
15. What animal dropped clay pellets on the army?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zahra's family make money?
2. What job did Abou Zayd have after college?
3. Who surprises Zahra during one of her meetings in Chapter 4?
4. What news does Zahra's husband give her in Chapter 1?
5. How did Zahra react to the Casablanca Massacre?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)