|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zahra recognize Rahal ?
(a) He has long hair.
(b) He has six toes.
(c) He has six fingers.
(d) He is blonde.
2. What natural disaster occurs in Chapter 1 to Zahara's town?
3. Who does Faqih hate?
(d) The French.
4. What news does Zahra's husband give her in Chapter 1?
(a) Her mother is dying.
(b) He is broke.
(c) He wants a divorce.
(d) He is dying.
5. Where did Zahra live during the first year of her marriage?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her grandparents.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her in-laws.
6. Where does Zahra's husband get transferred to in Chapter 4?
7. How does Zahra feel when she visits the tomb in Chapter 2?
(d) At peace.
8. How old was Abou Zayd when Morocco gained independence from France?
9. What did Zahra feel her role was once she married?
(a) To sweep floors.
(b) To go to school.
(c) To get pregnant.
(d) To find a job.
10. At the start of Chapter 4 what does Zahra spend her money on?
(c) Spinning materials.
11. How did Zahra's husband express interest to Zahra that he wanted to marry her?
(a) He wrote her a letter.
(b) He did not consult her.
(c) He emailed her.
(d) He called her.
12. Who is the narrator of this story?
13. Who returned from exile in 1956?
(a) The sultan.
(d) Abou Zayd.
14. What is scary about the news Zahra receives in Chapter 1 from her husband?
(a) Her mother is her best friend.
(b) They will have no where to live.
(c) She doesn't want him to die.
(d) Moroccan women don't divorce.
15. Who did Zahra's husband ask permission from before marrying Zahra?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her father.
(d) The mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reader learn in Chapter 1 about Zahra's family?
2. Why did Zahra's mother-in-law want her son to divorce Zahra?
3. What is the name of the author of the introduction?
4. Where does Zahra go to live in Chapter 1?
5. How did Zahra feel on her wedding day?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)