|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Zahra compare the natural disaster in her town to?
(a) Her marriage.
(b) Her mother's death.
(c) Her husband's death.
(d) Her inner turmoil.
2. What is considered the language of the wealthy in Morocco?
3. How many languages does Abou Zayd know?
4. What can Zahra and her husband not discuss while at the jail?
(a) Their marriage.
(b) Their children.
(d) The weather.
5. Who did Morocco fight in the 19th century?
(a) The United States.
(b) The French and Spanish.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The Japanese.
6. Who did Zahra's husband ask permission from before marrying Zahra?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
7. What was attacked in 570 A.D.?
8. How does Zahra feel at the start of Chapter 4?
9. What does Zahra do to Pinhas' shop?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Shops there.
(c) Paints it.
(d) Buys it.
10. What type of meetings do Zahra and Safia hold?
(a) Legal meetings.
(b) Therapist sessions.
(c) Parent-teacher meetings.
(d) Women's meetings.
11. What rumor was spread about Raham's house?
(a) It disappeared.
(b) She had 20 bedrooms.
(c) She had a magic room.
(d) It was haunted.
12. What did Zahra see in Rahman's home?
(a) A nursery.
(b) A big TV.
(c) Several locked doors.
(d) A room that was painted green.
13. What does Zahra's husband go to jail?
(a) He murders a friend.
(b) He robs a bank.
(c) He hits his wife.
(d) He is a nationalist sympathizer.
14. Where does Zahra's husband go to jail?
(a) San Quentin.
(d) San Juan.
15. What animal dropped clay pellets on the army?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Zahra decide to join the Moroccan resistance movement?
2. What is scary about the news Zahra receives in Chapter 1 from her husband?
3. How did Zahra react to the Casablanca Massacre?
4. How does Zahra travel to the prison in Chapter 4?
5. Where does Zahra go at the start of Chapter 3?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)