|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Zahra learn has a baby later in life?
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her teacher.
(d) Rahman's daughter.
2. What is scary about the news Zahra receives in Chapter 1 from her husband?
(a) They will have no where to live.
(b) Her mother is her best friend.
(c) Moroccan women don't divorce.
(d) She doesn't want him to die.
3. How old was Abou Zayd when Morocco gained independence from France?
4. What is the name of the author of the introduction?
(a) Elizabeth Fernea.
(b) John Stewart.
(c) McKayla Frank.
(d) Mike Wallace.
5. How did Zahra's husband express interest to Zahra that he wanted to marry her?
(a) He wrote her a letter.
(b) He emailed her.
(c) He called her.
(d) He did not consult her.
6. How does Zahra describe her childhood?
7. What rumor was spread about Raham's house?
(a) It was haunted.
(b) She had a magic room.
(c) It disappeared.
(d) She had 20 bedrooms.
8. Whose grave does Zahra visit in Chapter 2?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her mother.
9. What news does Zahra's husband give her in Chapter 1?
(a) He wants a divorce.
(b) Her mother is dying.
(c) He is dying.
(d) He is broke.
10. How many languages does Abou Zayd know?
11. What did Zahra see in Rahman's home?
(a) Several locked doors.
(b) A nursery.
(c) A big TV.
(d) A room that was painted green.
12. What type of meetings do Zahra and Safia hold?
(a) Legal meetings.
(b) Women's meetings.
(c) Therapist sessions.
(d) Parent-teacher meetings.
13. What was Zahra's father like?
14. What does Zahra think about Casablanca?
(b) Low class.
15. What is considered the language of the common man in Morocco?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the Sultan of Morocco treated when he returned from exile?
2. Who taught Zahra the skill she will use to make money?
3. What does Zahra do to Pinhas' shop?
4. Who did Zahra avoid on her wedding day?
5. Who is Safia?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)