|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the literacy meetings in Chapter 4 help?
(a) Small children.
(b) Older men.
(c) School teachers.
(d) Illiterate peasant women.
2. Who did Morocco fight in the 19th century?
(a) The Japanese.
(b) The French and Spanish.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The United States.
3. Where does Zahra's husband go to jail?
(a) San Quentin.
(b) San Juan.
4. What type of meetings do Zahra and Safia hold?
(a) Parent-teacher meetings.
(b) Women's meetings.
(c) Legal meetings.
(d) Therapist sessions.
5. How did Zahra feel on her wedding day?
6. How does Zahra feel in Chapter 3 when she visits the open air market?
(a) At home.
7. What did the children think Rahma really was?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A fairy.
(c) A witch.
(d) A demon.
8. Who returned from exile in 1956?
(a) The sultan.
(b) Abou Zayd.
9. Who surprises Zahra during one of her meetings in Chapter 4?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) June B.
10. What rumor was spread about Raham's house?
(a) She had a magic room.
(b) It was haunted.
(c) She had 20 bedrooms.
(d) It disappeared.
11. How many languages does Abou Zayd know?
12. Who goes to the prison with Zahra to visit her husband?
13. How did Zahra's mother treat her?
(a) She played games with her.
(b) She ignored her.
(c) She hated her.
(d) She loved her.
14. Who was born in the Year of the Elephant ?
(a) Shing Liu.
(b) Abou Zayd.
(d) The prophet Mohammad.
15. What is considered the language of the wealthy in Morocco?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zahra and Faqih travel to Souk al-Arba?
2. What does Hajj Ali do for a living?
3. Why did Zahra's mother-in-law want her son to divorce Zahra?
4. Who taught Zahra the skill she will use to make money?
5. What is a faqih?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)