|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zahra feel at the start of Chapter 4?
2. Where does Zahra go at the start of Chapter 3?
(b) The mall.
(c) The park.
(d) The post office.
3. What is considered the language of the wealthy in Morocco?
4. What language did Abou Zayd use on her radio show?
5. Who surprises Zahra during one of her meetings in Chapter 4?
(a) June B.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her mother.
6. How does Zahra feel when she visits the tomb in Chapter 2?
(b) At peace.
7. What does Zahra compare the Casablanca Massacre to?
(a) Shooting fish in a barrel.
(b) Losing a loved one.
(c) A surprise party.
(d) A solid marraige.
8. What was Hajj Ali given after the independence?
(a) A caid.
(b) A medal.
(c) A new home.
(d) A saat.
9. At the start of Chapter 4 what does Zahra spend her money on?
(b) Spinning materials.
10. Where does Zahra's husband get transferred to in Chapter 4?
11. Who did Faqih leave behind in Vietnam?
(a) His money.
(b) His mother.
(c) His daughters.
(d) His house.
12. What job did Abou Zayd have after college?
13. What is scary about the news Zahra receives in Chapter 1 from her husband?
(a) Moroccan women don't divorce.
(b) They will have no where to live.
(c) Her mother is her best friend.
(d) She doesn't want him to die.
14. How many languages does Abou Zayd know?
15. How does Zahra plan to make money?
(c) Spinning wool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zahra think about Casablanca?
2. Whose grave does Zahra visit in Chapter 2?
3. How does Zahra travel to the prison in Chapter 4?
4. Where does Zahra go at the start of Chapter 4?
5. Who taught Zahra the skill she will use to make money?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)