|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Year of the Elephant, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language was "Year of the Elephant" first written in?
2. Who is the narrator of this story?
3. Who did Morocco fight in the 19th century?
(a) The French and Spanish.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The Japanese.
(d) The United States.
4. What does the reader learn in Chapter 1 about Zahra's family?
(a) Her close family members are dead.
(b) They are politicians.
(c) They live in jail.
(d) They are wealthy.
5. How many languages does Abou Zayd know?
Short Answer Questions
1. What limb did Faqih loose in Vietnam?
2. Who did Zahra's husband ask permission from before marrying Zahra?
3. What news does Zahra's husband give her in Chapter 1?
4. How does Zahra recognize Rahal ?
5. Who did Faqih leave behind in Vietnam?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)