|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Year of the Elephant, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a faqih?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A queen.
(c) A street car.
(d) A holyman.
2. Why did Zahra's mother-in-law want her son to divorce Zahra?
(a) She was barren.
(b) She yelled at her.
(c) She ate the last of their rice.
(d) She stole from the family.
3. How does Zahra feel when she visits the tomb in Chapter 2?
(d) At peace.
4. Whose grave does Zahra visit in Chapter 2?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her husband.
5. Who moves to Casablanca with Zahra?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language did Abou Zayd use on her radio show?
2. What did Zahra feel her role was once she married?
3. How old was Abou Zayd when Morocco gained independence from France?
4. What is the "first" this book is known for?
5. What did the children think Rahma really was?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)