|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Year of the Elephant, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is considered the language of the wealthy in Morocco?
2. What natural disaster occurs in Chapter 1 to Zahara's town?
3. What is the "first" this book is known for?
(a) The first book to question Christianity.
(b) The first book to question Islam.
(c) The first book written by a woman.
(d) The first book written by a Moroccan woman translated to English.
4. What language was "Year of the Elephant" first written in?
5. Who moves to Casablanca with Zahra?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rahma?
2. What did Zahra feel her role was once she married?
3. What was attacked in 570 A.D.?
4. Who, at the end of Chapter 1, gives Zahra a mattress?
5. Who did Zahra's husband ask permission from before marrying Zahra?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)