|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Year of the Elephant, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Zahra's husband express interest to Zahra that he wanted to marry her?
(a) He wrote her a letter.
(b) He did not consult her.
(c) He emailed her.
(d) He called her.
2. What is considered the language of the common man in Morocco?
3. Who did Zahra's husband ask permission from before marrying Zahra?
(a) The mayor.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandfather.
4. What crisis did Morocco face in the mid 1950s?
5. What was Zahra's father like?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returned from exile in 1956?
2. Whose grave does Zahra visit in Chapter 2?
3. What language was "Year of the Elephant" first written in?
4. What rumor was spread about Raham's house?
5. What does Zahra compare the Casablanca Massacre to?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)