|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Year of the Elephant, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zahra feel her role was once she married?
(a) To find a job.
(b) To get pregnant.
(c) To sweep floors.
(d) To go to school.
2. How does Zahra feel when she visits the tomb in Chapter 2?
(b) At peace.
3. Who did Faqih leave behind in Vietnam?
(a) His mother.
(b) His daughters.
(c) His money.
(d) His house.
4. What is a faqih?
(a) A street car.
(b) A queen.
(c) A holyman.
(d) A doctor.
5. Who did Zahra avoid on her wedding day?
(a) The groom.
(b) Her mother-in-law.
(c) The priest.
(d) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zahra's husband feel about the resistance?
2. Who takes Zahra to a fortune teller?
3. How did Zahra and Faqih travel to Souk al-Arba?
4. What people make up Zahra's family class?
5. What does the fortune teller tell Zahra in Chapter 5?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)