|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Using his job as a cover, what does Sookan's father do?
2. What does the nice Russian soldier give Sookan and Inchun?
3. After being invaded again, where does Sookan's family hide?
4. After Kisa's trip to retrieve medicine, what do Sookan and Inchun do?
5. What animals do Sookan and Inchun see at the guardhouse while searching for Mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the town meetings.
2. Who helps Sookan and Inchun when they get across the border? How?
3. What does the family do when they find out that the war is over?
4. At the end of the book, what has happened to Kisa and Aunt Tiger?
5. Why don't most of the Korean people know when the war is over?
6. After the Russians invade northern Korea, where is father and what is he doing?
7. After losing Mother at the guard station, how do the children look?
8. After the Japanese have left and the Russians invade, why doesn't America come to help the Koreans in the North?
9. How does Mother eventually make it to the South?
10. Describe how Sookan watches out for Inchun overnight in the barn.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss life during a time of war as it appears within the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Explore and discuss examples of social class divisions within the text, being sure to touch upon:
C) Prominence and wealth.
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss the theme of youth and its loss within the text.
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)