Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sookan's family plan to do when her father and brothers return home?
2. Who is the nice soldier at the guardhouse?
3. While at the guardhouse, Sookan and Inchun are interrogated ___.
4. While escaping to the South, why does Sooken take off her shoes?
5. At the town meetings, who is depicted in the portraits that are hung on the wall?
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss the ways in which the Japanese and Russians attempted to control the Koreans, being sure to mention:
3) Forced labor.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Korean history as it relates to the setting and story of "Year of Impossible Goodbyes."
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss symbolism used within the text.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)