|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sookan's family plan to do when her father and brothers return home?
2. Who is the nice soldier at the guardhouse?
3. While at the guardhouse, Sookan and Inchun are interrogated ___.
4. While escaping to the South, why does Sooken take off her shoes?
5. At the town meetings, who is depicted in the portraits that are hung on the wall?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of freedom within the text.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether the setting in "Year of Impossible Goodbyes" is pivotal to the story.
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss examples of social class divisions within the text, being sure to touch upon:
C) Prominence and wealth.
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)