Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sookan's family plan to do when her father and brothers return home?
2. Who is the nice soldier at the guardhouse?
3. While at the guardhouse, Sookan and Inchun are interrogated ___.
4. While escaping to the South, why does Sooken take off her shoes?
5. At the town meetings, who is depicted in the portraits that are hung on the wall?
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss the various forms of enslavement within the text, perhaps mentioning:
A) Spirit Girls
B) Labor camps
C) Child labor
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Sookan's education within the novel, mentioning:
1) Japanese school
2) Little Proletariat School
3) Grandfather's home lessons
4) Sookan's school in Seoul.
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss the theme of youth and its loss within the text.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)