|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Korea divided in half?
2. What animals do Sookan and Inchun see at the guardhouse while searching for Mother?
3. What does the inn keeper give Sookan and Inchun?
4. What do Sookan and Inchun do after they have crossed the barbed wire fence into the South?
5. Whose family actually owns the home that Captain Narita had been living in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Korean history as it relates to the setting and story of "Year of Impossible Goodbyes."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of freedom within the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the appearances of abuse within the text.
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)