Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sookan's family plan to do when her father and brothers return home?
2. Who is the nice soldier at the guardhouse?
3. While at the guardhouse, Sookan and Inchun are interrogated ___.
4. While escaping to the South, why does Sooken take off her shoes?
5. At the town meetings, who is depicted in the portraits that are hung on the wall?
Explain Korean history as it relates to the setting and story of "Year of Impossible Goodbyes."
Argue whether the setting in "Year of Impossible Goodbyes" is pivotal to the story.
Discuss Sookan's education within the novel, mentioning:
1) Japanese school
2) Little Proletariat School
3) Grandfather's home lessons
4) Sookan's school in Seoul.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)