Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being caught having a feast, what does Grandfather ask the family to do?
2. Who teaches Sookan about Korean history and language?
3. Who used to publish an underground newspaper for Korean independence?
4. What are the normal everyday dishes made of?
5. After Grandfather's death, who does Sookan think is punishing her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the family do when they find out that the war is over?
2. What is significant about the names of Sookan's brothers?
3. What is a "Worker's Paradise"?
4. How does Mother eventually make it to the South?
5. Why is Sookan expelled from school?
6. How do Aunt Tiger and Mother feel about Communism and why?
7. Describe the setting of "Year of Impossible Goodbyes."
8. Describe the guide who is to lead the family to the South.
9. How does the conductor help Sookan and Inchun?
10. How does Sookan try to cheer up Inchun after the pine tree is cut down?
Explore and discuss symbolism used within the text.
Explain Sookan and Inchun's journey from Pyongyang to Seoul and the dangers therein.
Explain Sookan's family members and their roles in "Year of Impossible Goodbyes."
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)