Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is there a radio hidden?
2. How does Captain Narita believe the factory girls should feel about becoming Spirit Girls?
3. How many factory workers are saved by the person who tries to prevent them from being taken away?
4. Who is Narita Sensei?
5. What are the normal everyday dishes made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who helps Sookan and Inchun when they get across the border? How?
2. After the Japanese evacuate, what happens to Unhi's brothers?
3. Describe Haiwon.
4. Describe the uniform of the proletariat.
5. What does Sookan learn by rubbing Grandfather's feet?
6. What does Captain Narita do to punish the family for having a party?
7. Where are Sookan's siblings?
8. What is significant about the names of Sookan's brothers?
9. How does the old man at the train station help Sookan and Inchun?
10. What will probably happen if the factory workers become Spirit Girls?
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss the theme of youth and its loss within the text.
Essay Topic 2
Explore and discuss the ways in which the Japanese and Russians attempted to control the Koreans, being sure to mention:
3) Forced labor.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether the setting in "Year of Impossible Goodbyes" is pivotal to the story.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)