|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drives Sookan and Inchun from the guardhouse to the train staion?
(a) The young mother from the market.
(b) The old man with a broom.
(c) The inn keeper.
2. Unhi's family is ___.
3. Where does the guide abandon Inchun and Sookan?
(a) At a bus station.
(b) At an inn.
(c) In a field.
(d) In a train car.
4. After reaching the South, who helped Sookan and Inchun locate Father's address?
(b) Russian soldiers.
(c) The Red Cross information center.
(d) The Yellow Pages representative.
5. What does the inn keeper give Sookan and Inchun?
(a) Train tickets.
(b) A new guide.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) Food wrapped in a hankerchief.
Short Answer Questions
1. While escaping to the South, why does Sooken take off her shoes?
2. Where does Kisa go to get medicine?
3. What happened to Aunt Tiger's children?
4. Where do Sookan and Inchun bravely go to look for their mother?
5. When Sookan looks after Inchun, what does he call her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who helps Sookan and Inchun when they get across the border? How?
2. How does Mother eventually make it to the South?
3. When the family prepares to escape to the South, who stays behind and why?
4. What does Aunt Tiger do to ease suspicions about the family's true opinion about Communism? How well does it work out?
5. Describe Mrs. Kim.
6. What is a "Worker's Paradise"?
7. Do you think that Korea is better off with the Russians than the Japanese?
8. After the Russians invade northern Korea, where is father and what is he doing?
9. How does the old man at the train station help Sookan and Inchun?
10. How does the old man in the train station approach Sookan and Inchun?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)