|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Sookan and Inchun about the police who monitor the train station?
(a) No one.
(b) An old man.
(d) The mother from the market.
2. What does the nice Russian soldier give Sookan and Inchun?
(a) Orange juice.
(b) A comic book.
3. Who seems more dedicated to Mother Russia than the Russians?
(b) The Communist Koreans.
(d) The Americans.
4. Who is the first person in the story to embrace Communism?
(d) Mrs. Kim.
5. While planning their escape, what job does the family undertake in their home?
(a) Composing new Communist songs.
(b) Making posters and flags.
(c) Making shoes.
(d) Growing vegetables.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being invaded again, where does Sookan's family hide?
2. What kind of club does Sookan start at her new school in Seoul?
3. In the summertime, who gets sick?
4. As Sookan and Inchun are almost to the South, what do they hear behind them?
5. In the Worker's Paradise, what happens to traitors?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the Japanese evacuate, what happens to Unhi's brothers?
2. After the Japanese have left and the Russians invade, why doesn't America come to help the Koreans in the North?
3. What does Aunt Tiger do to ease suspicions about the family's true opinion about Communism? How well does it work out?
4. Do you think that Korea is better off with the Russians than the Japanese?
5. Why are the school children encouraged to talk about their home life?
6. Who helps Sookan and Inchun when they get across the border? How?
7. What is significant about Unhi's family and house?
8. After losing Mother at the guard station, how do the children look?
9. What happened in 1950?
10. How does the conductor help Sookan and Inchun?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)