|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. North Korea became Communist while South Korea became ___.
(c) A monarchy.
2. What does Aunt Tiger give to Mother before the family flees to the South?
(c) A fake passport.
(d) A new jacket.
3. What happens when Sookan crawls under the barbed wire fence?
(a) She breaks the fence.
(c) She dies.
(d) She gets cut.
4. Who is Sookan reminded of when she looks at the soldiers that have broken into her house?
(a) Father Carroll.
(d) Captain Narita.
5. Why can't Sookan and Inchun stay at the inn?
(a) It is not safe.
(b) They were not invited.
(c) It is not clean.
(d) They have no money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stays behind when the family flees to the South?
2. Where is Korea divided in half?
3. After Sookan and Inchun reach Seoul, what kind of business does Father start?
4. In the Worker's Paradise, what must each person do every night?
5. While escaping to the South, how do Sookan and Inchun cross the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mrs. Kim.
2. How do Aunt Tiger and Mother feel about Communism and why?
3. Describe the uniform of the proletariat.
4. After losing Mother at the guard station, how do the children look?
5. What does the guide tell the children to do if their mother is captured? What do they actually do?
6. Describe Dobraski.
7. After the Japanese evacuate, what happens to Unhi's brothers?
8. Why don't most of the Korean people know when the war is over?
9. What does Aunt Tiger do to ease suspicions about the family's true opinion about Communism? How well does it work out?
10. Do you think that Korea is better off with the Russians than the Japanese?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)