|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being invaded again, where does Sookan's family hide?
(a) At the convent.
(b) In a silo.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In the house.
2. Which word means "of course" in Korean?
3. What do the interrogation soldiers tell Sookan and Inchun to do?
(a) Flee to Manchuria.
(b) Go home.
(c) Flee to Seoul.
(d) Stay at the guardhouse and wait for Mother.
4. Who tells Sookan and Inchun about the police who monitor the train station?
(a) No one.
(b) An old man.
(c) The mother from the market.
5. In the Worker's Paradise, what must each person do every night?
(a) Praise American liberators.
(b) Sweep their porch.
(c) Salute the Korean flag.
(d) Attend town meetings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did war break out again in Korea?
2. How does the young mother at the market pay Sookan and Inchun for their help?
3. After reaching the South, how do Inchun and Sookan get to Seoul?
4. While escaping to the South, what cuts Sookan's feet?
5. Who tells Sookan and Inchun to go to the back of the train and crawl underneath?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why don't most of the Korean people know when the war is over?
2. At the end of the book, what has happened to Kisa and Aunt Tiger?
3. Why are the school children encouraged to talk about their home life?
4. After the Russians invade northern Korea, where is father and what is he doing?
5. How does the old man at the train station help Sookan and Inchun?
6. After the Japanese evacuate, what happens to Unhi's brothers?
7. After losing Mother at the guard station, who do Sookan and Inchun help in the market?
8. What is significant about Unhi's family and house?
9. After losing Mother at the guard station, how do the children look?
10. How does Mother eventually make it to the South?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)