|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unhi's family is ___.
2. What gets stolen from Sookan's house?
3. After Kisa returns from fetching medicine, what does the family dig up from under the house?
(b) Brightly colored Korean clothing.
(c) Their stockpile of rice.
(d) A dead cat.
4. Who tells Sookan and Inchun to go to the back of the train and crawl underneath?
(a) The guide.
(b) The conductor.
(c) The inn keeper.
(d) The young mother from the market.
5. Who do the Koreans hope will rescue them from foreign invaders?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Japanese.
(c) The Swiss.
(d) The Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the guardhouse, Sookan and Inchun are interrogated ___.
2. While planning their escape, what job does the family undertake in their home?
3. Who gives Sookan's family payment for the guide?
4. What happened to Aunt Tiger's children?
5. When Sookan looks after Inchun, what does he call her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Inchun and Sookan interrogated by the Russians?
2. How do Aunt Tiger and Mother feel about Communism and why?
3. What do you think is the real reason the guide wanted Mother to separate from Sookan and Inchun?
4. At the end of the book, what has happened to Kisa and Aunt Tiger?
5. Describe Dobraski.
6. Who helps Sookan and Inchun when they get across the border? How?
7. How does the old man at the train station help Sookan and Inchun?
8. When the family prepares to escape to the South, who stays behind and why?
9. What does Aunt Tiger do to ease suspicions about the family's true opinion about Communism? How well does it work out?
10. What does the family do when they find out that the war is over?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)