|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Tiger give to Mother before the family flees to the South?
(b) A fake passport.
(d) A new jacket.
2. In the Worker's Paradise, what must each person do every night?
(a) Attend town meetings.
(b) Praise American liberators.
(c) Sweep their porch.
(d) Salute the Korean flag.
3. While searching for their mother, why do Inchun and Sookan look diseased?
(a) They are wearing hospital gowns.
(b) They are skinny and smell bad.
(c) They have swollen eyes and cough a lot.
(d) They are covered with mosquito bites.
4. When Sookan looks after Inchun, what does he call her?
5. What does the inn keeper give Sookan and Inchun?
(a) A new guide.
(b) Train tickets.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) Food wrapped in a hankerchief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives Sookan and Inchun from the guardhouse to the train staion?
2. Who stays behind when the family flees to the South?
3. After the Japanese leave, who invades Korea?
4. Who gives Sookan's family payment for the guide?
5. Who dies after returning from a labor camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of the book, what has happened to Kisa and Aunt Tiger?
2. Describe the guide who is to lead the family to the South.
3. After losing Mother at the guard station, who do Sookan and Inchun help in the market?
4. How do Aunt Tiger and Mother feel about Communism and why?
5. After losing Mother at the guard station, how do the children look?
6. What does Aunt Tiger do to ease suspicions about the family's true opinion about Communism? How well does it work out?
7. How does the old man at the train station help Sookan and Inchun?
8. Describe Dobraski.
9. Describe the uniform of the proletariat.
10. How does Mother eventually make it to the South?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)