|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at the guardhouse, Sookan and Inchun are interrogated ___.
(c) Using torture.
(d) While blindfolded.
2. After reaching the South, who immediately helps Sookan and Inchun?
(a) Russian soldiers.
(c) Red Cross workers.
(d) An friendly farmer.
3. How is the guide who is to take the family south dressed?
(a) As a communist leader.
(b) As a peasant farmer.
(c) As an American soldier.
(d) As a Japanese soldier.
4. While escaping to the South, how do Sookan and Inchun get through the barbed wire fence?
(a) They go around it.
(b) They dig a small space and crawl under.
(c) They use wire cutters.
(d) They climb over.
5. After Kisa returns from fetching medicine, what does the family dig up from under the house?
(a) A dead cat.
(c) Their stockpile of rice.
(d) Brightly colored Korean clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found in the house where Captain Narita lived?
2. When Sookan looks after Inchun, what does he call her?
3. What happens to Hansin's family after he tells his teachers at school that a stranger came to visit one night?
4. Who is the nice soldier at the guardhouse?
5. Who joins the Party in hopes of relieving any suspicions about Sookan's family?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)