|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Sookan crawls under the barbed wire fence?
(b) She breaks the fence.
(c) She dies.
(d) She gets cut.
2. Mother is waiting for the return of ___ from a labor camp.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her husband and sons.
(d) Her uncle.
3. Who is at home when Sookan's house is robbed?
(b) Sookan and Inchun.
(c) No one.
4. After reaching the South, who immediately helps Sookan and Inchun?
(a) Russian soldiers.
(c) Red Cross workers.
(d) An friendly farmer.
5. Where do Inchun and Sookan try to spend the night while looking for their mother?
(a) The empty marketplace.
(b) The train station.
(c) In a corn field.
(d) In the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kisa go to get medicine?
2. What year did war break out again in Korea?
3. Who is the first person in the story to embrace Communism?
4. When Sookan looks after Inchun, what does he call her?
5. While trying to flee to the South, where are Mother and the children separated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aunt Tiger do to ease suspicions about the family's true opinion about Communism? How well does it work out?
2. How do Aunt Tiger and Mother feel about Communism and why?
3. How does the conductor help Sookan and Inchun?
4. Describe the town meetings.
5. What is significant about Unhi's family and house?
6. What is a "Worker's Paradise"?
7. What do you think is the real reason the guide wanted Mother to separate from Sookan and Inchun?
8. When the family prepares to escape to the South, who stays behind and why?
9. What happened in 1950?
10. How does the old man at the train station help Sookan and Inchun?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)