|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While escaping to the South, how do Sookan and Inchun cross the river?
(a) The walk over a fallen tree trunk.
(b) They swim.
(c) They climb the train trestle.
(d) They take a raft.
2. When Sookan looks after Inchun, what does he call her?
3. Where does the guide abandon Inchun and Sookan?
(a) At a bus station.
(b) In a train car.
(c) At an inn.
(d) In a field.
4. What gets stolen from Sookan's house?
5. After the Japanese leave, who invades Korea?
(a) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Hansin's family after he tells his teachers at school that a stranger came to visit one night?
2. What year did war break out again in Korea?
3. Who is the teacher of the Little Proletariat school?
4. Who joins the Party in hopes of relieving any suspicions about Sookan's family?
5. Using his job as a cover, what does Sookan's father do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dobraski.
2. At the end of the book, what has happened to Kisa and Aunt Tiger?
3. Describe the town meetings.
4. What happened in 1950?
5. After the Russians invade northern Korea, where is father and what is he doing?
6. Describe the guide who is to lead the family to the South.
7. How does Mother eventually make it to the South?
8. What does the family do when they find out that the war is over?
9. Describe how Sookan watches out for Inchun overnight in the barn.
10. Describe Mrs. Kim.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)