|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Japanese leave, what job does Sookan's father have?
(a) He transports goods between the North and South.
(b) He is a Communist Party leader.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a butcher.
2. How is Kisa related to Sookan's family?
(a) He is not related.
(b) He is Aunt Tiger's husband.
(c) He is Father's nephew.
(d) He is Mother's brother.
3. Using his job as a cover, what does Sookan's father do?
(a) Recruits new Communists.
(b) Poisons Communist food.
(c) Helps people escape to the South.
(d) Grows extra beans.
4. While planning their escape, what job does the family undertake in their home?
(a) Growing vegetables.
(b) Making posters and flags.
(c) Composing new Communist songs.
(d) Making shoes.
5. Unhi's family is ___.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of club does Sookan start at her new school in Seoul?
2. While escaping to the South, how do Sookan and Inchun get through the barbed wire fence?
3. What do Sookan and Inchun do after they have crossed the barbed wire fence into the South?
4. What happens to Hansin's family after he tells his teachers at school that a stranger came to visit one night?
5. Mother is waiting for the return of ___ from a labor camp.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)