|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sookan reminded of when she looks at the soldiers that have broken into her house?
(a) Father Carroll.
(d) Captain Narita.
2. What happens to Hansin's family after he tells his teachers at school that a stranger came to visit one night?
(a) He becomes a School Red.
(b) They all disappear.
(d) He is given an award.
3. What does Sookan's family plan to do when her father and brothers return home?
(a) Plant a vegetable garden.
(b) Start a new sock factory.
(c) Flee to the south.
(d) Become communists.
4. At the town meeting, what color is the scarf everyone is given to wear?
5. After reaching the South, who helped Sookan and Inchun locate Father's address?
(a) Russian soldiers.
(b) The Yellow Pages representative.
(c) The Red Cross information center.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of club does Sookan start at her new school in Seoul?
2. After Kisa returns from fetching medicine, what does the family dig up from under the house?
3. Using his job as a cover, what does Sookan's father do?
4. Why can't Sookan and Inchun stay at the inn?
5. North Korea became Communist while South Korea became ___.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the old man in the train station approach Sookan and Inchun?
2. At the end of the book, what has happened to Kisa and Aunt Tiger?
3. Why don't most of the Korean people know when the war is over?
4. How does Mother eventually make it to the South?
5. When the family prepares to escape to the South, who stays behind and why?
6. Who helps Sookan and Inchun when they get across the border? How?
7. Describe Mrs. Kim.
8. Do you think that Korea is better off with the Russians than the Japanese?
9. What is significant about Unhi's family and house?
10. Describe the town meetings.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)