|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word means "of course" in Korean?
2. How do Sookan and Inchun help a young mother at the market?
(a) They watch for thieves.
(b) They babysit.
(c) They cook for her.
(d) They recruit customers.
3. In the summertime, who gets sick?
4. After being invaded again, where does Sookan's family hide?
(a) In the house.
(b) In a tree.
(c) At the convent.
(d) In a silo.
5. After reaching the South, how do Inchun and Sookan get to Seoul?
(a) By train.
(b) By bus.
(c) They fly in a helicopter.
(d) They walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sookan and Inchun bravely go to look for their mother?
2. Where does the guide abandon Inchun and Sookan?
3. What does Inchun do after Mother is detained at the border?
4. In the Worker's Paradise, what must each person do every night?
5. Instead of "Town Reds," what does Aunt Tiger call the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of the book, what has happened to Kisa and Aunt Tiger?
2. How do Aunt Tiger and Mother feel about Communism and why?
3. What is significant about Unhi's family and house?
4. Describe the uniform of the proletariat.
5. After losing Mother at the guard station, who do Sookan and Inchun help in the market?
6. Why are the school children encouraged to talk about their home life?
7. Describe how Sookan watches out for Inchun overnight in the barn.
8. Describe the town meetings.
9. What does the guide tell the children to do if their mother is captured? What do they actually do?
10. When the family prepares to escape to the South, who stays behind and why?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)