|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If caught trying to flee to the South, what are the children to say they are doing?
(b) They are lost.
(c) Going to see their dying grandmother.
(d) Fleeing to the South.
2. After Sookan and Inchun reach Seoul, what kind of business does Father start?
(a) An accounting firm.
(b) A soy sauce factory.
(c) A fortune cookie bakery.
(d) A sock factory.
3. Mother is waiting for the return of ___ from a labor camp.
(a) Her uncle.
(c) Her husband and sons.
(d) Her brother.
4. Who is at home when Sookan's house is robbed?
(c) No one.
(d) Sookan and Inchun.
5. How is Kisa related to Sookan's family?
(a) He is Mother's brother.
(b) He is Aunt Tiger's husband.
(c) He is not related.
(d) He is Father's nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the nice soldier at the guardhouse?
2. While escaping to the South, how do Sookan and Inchun cross the river?
3. What does Sookan's family give their guide as payment for taking them South?
4. What does the inn keeper give Sookan and Inchun?
5. What does the old man at the train station give to Sookan and Inchun?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the guide who is to lead the family to the South.
2. What happened in 1950?
3. Describe the town meetings.
4. Who helps Sookan and Inchun when they get across the border? How?
5. Describe how Sookan watches out for Inchun overnight in the barn.
6. Do you think that Korea is better off with the Russians than the Japanese?
7. After losing Mother at the guard station, who do Sookan and Inchun help in the market?
8. What does the family do when they find out that the war is over?
9. After the Russians invade northern Korea, where is father and what is he doing?
10. How does Mother eventually make it to the South?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)