|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Sookan and Inchun to take a train back home?
(a) The Guide.
(b) The inn keeper.
2. When Sookan looks after Inchun, what does he call her?
3. At the town meeting, what color is the scarf everyone is given to wear?
4. Unhi's family is ___.
5. How do Sookan and Inchun help a young mother at the market?
(a) They watch for thieves.
(b) They babysit.
(c) They recruit customers.
(d) They cook for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After reaching the South, who immediately helps Sookan and Inchun?
2. After reaching the South, who helped Sookan and Inchun locate Father's address?
3. What does the nice Russian soldier give Sookan and Inchun?
4. Who gives Sookan's family payment for the guide?
5. At Little Proletariat School, what are the children encouraged to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the town meetings.
2. At the end of the book, what has happened to Kisa and Aunt Tiger?
3. How does the old man at the train station help Sookan and Inchun?
4. What is a "Worker's Paradise"?
5. How does Mother eventually make it to the South?
6. How does the old man in the train station approach Sookan and Inchun?
7. What happened in 1950?
8. How do Aunt Tiger and Mother feel about Communism and why?
9. When the family prepares to escape to the South, who stays behind and why?
10. Why are the school children encouraged to talk about their home life?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)