|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man at the train station give to Sookan and Inchun?
(a) Directions on how to get home.
(b) Special tickets.
(c) A spanking.
(d) Clean socks.
2. Which word means "of course" in Korean?
3. Who do the Koreans hope will rescue them from foreign invaders?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Japanese.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Swiss.
4. In the Worker's Paradise, what happens to traitors?
(a) They are deported.
(b) They are killed.
(c) They are re-conditioned.
5. Who is the teacher of the Little Proletariat school?
(a) Narita Sensei.
(c) Mrs. Kim.
(d) Comrade Natasha.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Little Proletariat School, what are the children given as an incentive to talk about their families?
2. After reaching the South, who immediately helps Sookan and Inchun?
3. How is the guide who is to take the family south dressed?
4. What does the nice Russian soldier give Sookan and Inchun?
5. Who is at home when Sookan's house is robbed?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)