|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Korea is invaded again, where are most young men sent?
2. Where does the guide abandon Inchun and Sookan?
(a) At a bus station.
(b) At an inn.
(c) In a field.
(d) In a train car.
3. What does Aunt Tiger give to Mother before the family flees to the South?
(a) A new jacket.
(d) A fake passport.
4. Where is Korea divided in half?
(a) At the thirty-eighth parallel.
(b) Through the middle of Seoul.
(c) Korea is divided in half?
(d) Through the middle of Pyongyang.
5. What does Inchun do after Mother is detained at the border?
(a) Mother is not detained at the border.
(b) He cries.
(c) He acts as if nothing happened.
(d) He runs and jumps on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies after returning from a labor camp?
2. Who makes arrangements for Sookan's family to flee to the South?
3. What kind of club does Sookan start at her new school in Seoul?
4. At the Little Proletariat School, what are the children given as an incentive to talk about their families?
5. At Little Proletariat School, what are the children encouraged to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of the book, what has happened to Kisa and Aunt Tiger?
2. After the Japanese have left and the Russians invade, why doesn't America come to help the Koreans in the North?
3. How does the old man in the train station approach Sookan and Inchun?
4. What do you think is the real reason the guide wanted Mother to separate from Sookan and Inchun?
5. What is significant about Unhi's family and house?
6. How does Mother eventually make it to the South?
7. How are Inchun and Sookan interrogated by the Russians?
8. Describe how Sookan watches out for Inchun overnight in the barn.
9. What does Aunt Tiger do to ease suspicions about the family's true opinion about Communism? How well does it work out?
10. Who helps Sookan and Inchun when they get across the border? How?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)