|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandfather do while the children are being told about their family?
2. Who do the Japanese claim they are protecting Korea from?
(a) The Chinese.
(b) The Eskimos.
(c) The White Devils.
(d) The Nigerians.
3. After Grandfather's death, why does Sookan think she is being punished?
(a) Because she has angered Mother.
(b) Because she stole rice.
(c) Because she killed Grandfather.
(d) Because she hates Captain Narita.
4. What were destroyed to make Shinto shrines?
(a) Buddhist shrines.
(b) Public parks.
(c) Hindu shrines.
5. After the birthday feast is interrupted, what does Sookan wish for the first time in her life?
(a) She was dead.
(b) She was Japanese.
(c) She had never been born.
(d) She was pretty.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the factory is shut down, what is the family ordered to do?
2. How does Captain Narita take away the factory workers?
3. During her first day at school, what is confiscated from Sookan at lunchtime?
4. Who tries to prevent Sookan and Inchun from washing Grandfather's feet?
5. What does Sookan rub on Grandfather once a day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Grandfather used to wear, and why did he have to get rid of it?
2. Why does Mother give up her hairpin and what does she get for it?
3. What do the factory workers try to do to prevent being taken away to become Spirit Girls?
4. What happens at lunch during Sookan's first day at school?
5. Describe how Unhi helps Sookan at school.
6. Why do you think Mother did not want Inchun and Sookan to rub Grandfather's feet?
7. What will probably happen if the factory workers become Spirit Girls?
8. How does Sookan try to cheer up Inchun after the pine tree is cut down?
9. What does Sookan learn by rubbing Grandfather's feet?
10. What does Captain Narita do to punish the family for having a party?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)