Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is there a radio hidden?
(a) In the basement of the convent,
(b) In the sock factory.
(c) In Grandfather's bottom drawer.
(d) In Aunt Tiger's wig.
2. How does Captain Narita believe the factory girls should feel about becoming Spirit Girls?
3. How many factory workers are saved by the person who tries to prevent them from being taken away?
(a) All of them.
(b) Half of them.
4. Who is Narita Sensei?
(a) Sookan's aunt.
(b) Sookan's schoolteacher.
(c) A Japanese nun.
(d) A local gardener.
5. What are the normal everyday dishes made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Japanese do to two of the towns the family had lived in?
2. What does Sookan want to plant?
3. Who gossips during breaks from factory work?
4. What type of tree does Grandfather meditate under?
5. After Grandfather's death, who tries to make up for Mother's absent-mindedness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who helps Sookan and Inchun when they get across the border? How?
2. After the Japanese evacuate, what happens to Unhi's brothers?
3. Describe Haiwon.
4. Describe the uniform of the proletariat.
5. What does Sookan learn by rubbing Grandfather's feet?
6. What does Captain Narita do to punish the family for having a party?
7. Where are Sookan's siblings?
8. What is significant about the names of Sookan's brothers?
9. How does the old man at the train station help Sookan and Inchun?
10. What will probably happen if the factory workers become Spirit Girls?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)