|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Grandfather tortured before he was rescued?
(a) A week.
(b) Several months.
(c) Two days.
(d) A year.
2. At Japanese school, what do the students make?
(a) Simple weapons.
3. Who catches the family having a feast?
(c) Aunt Tiger.
(d) Captain Narita.
4. After Grandfather's death, what is Captain Narita's complaint about the factory?
(a) The factory workers make too much noise.
(b) The socks it produces are defective.
(c) There is not enough productivity.
(d) The Japanese army no longer needs socks.
5. What did Grandfather used to have?
(a) Ninja pants.
(b) A wok.
(c) A topknot.
(d) A kimono.
Short Answer Questions
1. At school, who is nice to Sookan?
2. At Japanese school, what is against the rules to do?
3. Who had captured and tortured Grandfather?
4. What were destroyed to make Shinto shrines?
5. Why don't the factory workers run away instead of becoming Spirit Girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Grandfather's death, why does Sookan feel that she is being punished and by who?
2. Who is the first person to ever beat Sookan and why?
3. What is significant about the names of Sookan's brothers?
4. Why does Sookan wonder if the Japanese have god-like powers?
5. What happens at lunch during Sookan's first day at school?
6. Who is Father Carroll, and why is he important?
7. Do you think that it was wise of Grandfather to meditate under the tree?
8. Describe Haiwon.
9. Why don't the Sock Girls run away when Mother tells them to?
10. Describe how Unhi helps Sookan at school.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)