|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the birthday feast is interrupted, what does Sookan wonder about the Japanese?
(a) Why they don't like birthday parties.
(b) If they have souls.
(c) Why they smell funny.
(d) If they really do have godlike powers.
2. What is in the bag Mother obtains?
3. After the factory is shut down, what is the family ordered to do?
(a) Send Sookan to school.
(b) Begin farming.
(c) Start a new factory.
(d) Sell their house.
4. Who does Grandfather want to tell the children about their family?
(a) Aunt Tiger.
5. How does Captain Narita believe the factory girls should feel about becoming Spirit Girls?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to lift Inchun's spirits after the birthday feast is interrupted?
2. Where does Mother travel to in order to get a birthday gift?
3. What does Grandfather do while the children are being told about their family?
4. What did the Japanese do to two of the towns the family had lived in?
5. At Japanese school, what is against the rules to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the factory workers try to do to prevent being taken away to become Spirit Girls?
2. Why does Mother give up her hairpin and what does she get for it?
3. Describe Mother after Grandfather's death.
4. What does Sookan learn by rubbing Grandfather's feet?
5. What will probably happen if the factory workers become Spirit Girls?
6. Describe the setting of "Year of Impossible Goodbyes."
7. What happens when Captain Narita finds the family having a birthday party?
8. How does Mother obtain gifts and food for Haiwon's party?
9. What does the family do for Haiwon's birthday?
10. Who is Sookan's teacher at school, and why is this significant?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)