|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Grandfather used to have?
(a) A kimono.
(b) Ninja pants.
(c) A wok.
(d) A topknot.
2. What does Mother trade for food?
(a) A kimono.
(c) Her last bracelet.
(d) Her silver hairpin.
3. What is made in the family factory?
4. When Sookan goes to school, what does she not know how to do?
(a) Do a cartwheel.
(b) Sit still.
(c) Tie her shoes.
(d) Speak Japanese.
5. At Japanese school, what is against the rules to do?
(a) Praise the Japanese Emperor.
(b) Make weapons.
(c) Scrub the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sookan want to plant?
2. Who watches Grandfather meditate?
3. Who does Sookan hate?
4. Who is the narrator of "Year of Impossible Goodbyes"?
5. Where does Mother travel to in order to get a birthday gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the first person to ever beat Sookan and why?
2. What happens at lunch during Sookan's first day at school?
3. What happens when Captain Narita finds the family having a birthday party?
4. Why don't the Sock Girls run away when Mother tells them to?
5. Why does Sookan wonder if the Japanese have god-like powers?
6. Why does Grandfather listen to Mother tell the children their family history?
7. Describe the family business.
8. How does Sookan try to cheer up Inchun after the pine tree is cut down?
9. Describe Haiwon.
10. What do the factory workers try to do to prevent being taken away to become Spirit Girls?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)