|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sookan's favorite factory worker?
2. Who watches Grandfather meditate?
(a) Aunt Tiger.
3. Whose life does Captain Narita threaten?
(a) Grandfather's life.
(b) Inchun's life.
(c) Haiwon's life.
(d) Sookan's life.
4. Who do the Japanese claim they are protecting Korea from?
(a) The Nigerians.
(b) The Chinese.
(c) The Eskimos.
(d) The White Devils.
5. Who gossips during breaks from factory work?
(a) Aunt Tiger.
(b) Captain Narita.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Sookan and Inchun to wash Grandfather's feet?
2. Who cries tears of joy at the birthday feast?
3. After Grandfather's death, why does Sookan think she is being punished?
4. In what city does "Year of Impossible Goodbyes" take place?
5. Who does Sookan hate?
Short Essay Questions
1. After losing Mother at the guard station, who do Sookan and Inchun help in the market?
2. What is significant about the names of Sookan's brothers?
3. Who helps Sookan and Inchun when they get across the border? How?
4. What will probably happen if the factory workers become Spirit Girls?
5. Why does Grandfather listen to Mother tell the children their family history?
6. Why does Mother give up her hairpin and what does she get for it?
7. Why is Sookan expelled from school?
8. How does the conductor help Sookan and Inchun?
9. Do you think that Korea is better off with the Russians than the Japanese?
10. How does Mother eventually make it to the South?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)