|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Captain Narita says that he wants to take away the workers to be Spirit Girls, what does Mother do?
(a) Nods her head.
(b) Suggests they should become nurses instead.
(c) Encourages the workers to be good Spirit Girls.
(d) Begs Captain Narita not to take the girls away.
2. What is in the bag Mother obtains?
3. Who tries to prevent Sookan and Inchun from washing Grandfather's feet?
4. Who does Grandfather want to tell the children about their family?
(d) Aunt Tiger.
5. How many factory workers are saved by the person who tries to prevent them from being taken away?
(b) Half of them.
(c) All of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Narita do to punish Grandfather?
2. What happens after Sookan is beaten at school?
3. What do most Koreans eat?
4. What happens to the person who tries to save the factory workers form being taken away?
5. Who used to publish an underground newspaper for Korean independence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Unhi helps Sookan at school.
2. Why does Mother give up her hairpin and what does she get for it?
3. What does Sookan learn by rubbing Grandfather's feet?
4. Do you think that it was wise of Grandfather to meditate under the tree?
5. How does Mother obtain gifts and food for Haiwon's party?
6. What happens at lunch during Sookan's first day at school?
7. Describe Haiwon.
8. When Kisa is beaten by the Japanese army, how could this be seen as a metaphor for the Korean people?
9. What is significant about the names of Sookan's brothers?
10. What will probably happen if the factory workers become Spirit Girls?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)