|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is made in the family factory?
2. Who gossips during breaks from factory work?
(b) Aunt Tiger.
(c) Captain Narita.
3. At school, who does Sookan have to stand next to in line?
(d) Narita Sensei.
4. Why don't the factory workers run away instead of becoming Spirit Girls?
(a) They have nowhere to go.
(b) They do actually try to run away.
(c) They want to be Spirit Girls.
(d) They don't believe Captains Narita's threats.
5. What did Grandfather used to have?
(a) Ninja pants.
(b) A topknot.
(c) A kimono.
(d) A wok.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when students wet their pants at school?
2. Who is the narrator of "Year of Impossible Goodbyes"?
3. What is Mother's religion?
4. After the factory is shut down, what is the family ordered to do?
5. What do Sookan and Inchun water after the birthday feast debacle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Mother did not want Inchun and Sookan to rub Grandfather's feet?
2. After Grandfather's death, why does Sookan feel that she is being punished and by who?
3. Describe the family business.
4. Do you think that it was wise of Grandfather to meditate under the tree?
5. What did Grandfather used to wear, and why did he have to get rid of it?
6. Describe how Unhi helps Sookan at school.
7. Who is Father Carroll, and why is he important?
8. What will probably happen if the factory workers become Spirit Girls?
9. How does Mother obtain gifts and food for Haiwon's party?
10. When Kisa is beaten by the Japanese army, how could this be seen as a metaphor for the Korean people?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)