|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Grandfather's feet?
(a) He doesn't have feet.
(b) They are mangled and missing toenails.
(c) They have a fungus growing in the nails.
(d) They are very rough.
2. What does "chun" mean?
3. Who is Sookan's favorite factory worker?
4. What does Sookan want to plant?
5. After being caught having a feast, what does Grandfather ask the family to do?
(a) Participate in a ritual fast.
(b) Help him escape to a convent.
(c) Throw away his shoes.
(d) Kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grandfather used to have?
2. At school, who is nice to Sookan?
3. Who tries to fight back as the factory girls are being taken away to be Spirit Girls?
4. Who teaches Sookan about Korean history and language?
5. What special food does Mother get for the birthday feast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the family business.
2. When Kisa is beaten by the Japanese army, how could this be seen as a metaphor for the Korean people?
3. Who is Father Carroll, and why is he important?
4. Why don't the Sock Girls run away when Mother tells them to?
5. How does Sookan try to cheer up Inchun after the pine tree is cut down?
6. Why is Mother's hairpin significant?
7. Why is Sookan expelled from school?
8. Who is Sookan's teacher at school, and why is this significant?
9. How does Mother obtain gifts and food for Haiwon's party?
10. What happens at lunch during Sookan's first day at school?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)