|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Sookan is beaten at school?
(a) She is compensated financially.
(c) She goes to the principals office.
(d) She is expelled.
2. What are the old family photographs kept in?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A photo album.
(c) A pillow case.
(d) A fire-damaged box.
3. What are the normal everyday dishes made of?
4. What "gifts" do Sookan and Inchun give all the factory workers?
(a) Sprigs of pine.
(b) Rice balls.
(d) Licorice gum balls.
5. Who does not speak after Grandfather's death?
(a) Aunt Tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grandfather used to have?
2. After the workers are taken away, who takes away all the factory equipment?
3. At school, who does Sookan have to stand next to in line?
4. What did the Japanese do to two of the towns the family had lived in?
5. In Chapter 2, whose birthday is coming up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the names of Sookan's brothers?
2. What did Grandfather used to wear, and why did he have to get rid of it?
3. Why don't most of the Korean people know when the war is over?
4. Describe Haiwon.
5. What does Captain Narita do to punish the family for having a party?
6. Who is Father Carroll, and why is he important?
7. Who helps Sookan and Inchun when they get across the border? How?
8. Describe how Unhi helps Sookan at school.
9. At the end of the book, what has happened to Kisa and Aunt Tiger?
10. What does Sookan learn by rubbing Grandfather's feet?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)