|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grandfather want to tell the children about their family?
(b) Aunt Tiger.
2. Who teaches Sookan about Korean history and language?
(b) Aunt Tiger.
3. After Captain Narita says that he wants to take away the workers to be Spirit Girls, what does Mother do?
(a) Nods her head.
(b) Begs Captain Narita not to take the girls away.
(c) Encourages the workers to be good Spirit Girls.
(d) Suggests they should become nurses instead.
4. Who had captured and tortured Grandfather?
(a) The Koreans.
(b) The Japanese.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The Americans.
5. The Japanese would not let ___ visit Grandfather as he was sick and dying.
(b) A doctor.
(d) Aunt Tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. At school, who is nice to Sookan?
2. Where is there a radio hidden?
3. What do Sookan and Inchun water after the birthday feast debacle?
4. Who asks Sookan and Inchun to wash Grandfather's feet?
5. After being caught having a feast, what does Grandfather ask the family to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the names of Sookan's brothers?
2. How does Mother obtain gifts and food for Haiwon's party?
3. Why does Grandfather listen to Mother tell the children their family history?
4. What does the family do for Haiwon's birthday?
5. After Grandfather's death, why does Sookan feel that she is being punished and by who?
6. How does Sookan try to cheer up Inchun after the pine tree is cut down?
7. Why does Sookan wonder if the Japanese have god-like powers?
8. What happens when Captain Narita finds the family having a birthday party?
9. What will probably happen if the factory workers become Spirit Girls?
10. Who is Father Carroll, and why is he important?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)