|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many factory workers are saved by the person who tries to prevent them from being taken away?
(a) All of them.
(c) Half of them.
2. What did the Japanese do to two of the towns the family had lived in?
(a) Quarantined them.
(b) Turned them into big cities.
(c) Burned them.
(d) Looted them.
3. After the birthday feast, who hauls wood away from the family's yard?
(a) The neighborhood kids.
(b) The nuns.
(c) The police.
(d) The sock girls.
4. Who tries to prevent Sookan and Inchun from washing Grandfather's feet?
5. Where is there a radio hidden?
(a) In Grandfather's bottom drawer.
(b) In the sock factory.
(c) In the basement of the convent,
(d) In Aunt Tiger's wig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sookan's favorite factory worker?
2. Who is Narita Sensei?
3. In Chapter 2, whose birthday is coming up?
4. After Grandfather's death, what is Captain Narita's complaint about the factory?
5. What are the normal everyday dishes made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sookan expelled from school?
2. Why does Grandfather listen to Mother tell the children their family history?
3. How does Mother obtain gifts and food for Haiwon's party?
4. How does Sookan try to cheer up Inchun after the pine tree is cut down?
5. What is significant about the names of Sookan's brothers?
6. What does the family do for Haiwon's birthday?
7. Why does Mother give up her hairpin and what does she get for it?
8. Describe Haiwon.
9. Why do you think Mother did not want Inchun and Sookan to rub Grandfather's feet?
10. What happens when Captain Narita finds the family having a birthday party?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)