|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Grandfather's death, what is Captain Narita's complaint about the factory?
(a) The Japanese army no longer needs socks.
(b) The factory workers make too much noise.
(c) The socks it produces are defective.
(d) There is not enough productivity.
2. Who do the Japanese claim they are protecting Korea from?
(a) The Eskimos.
(b) The White Devils.
(c) The Nigerians.
(d) The Chinese.
3. What are the normal everyday dishes made of?
4. What "gifts" do Sookan and Inchun give all the factory workers?
(a) Licorice gum balls.
(b) Sprigs of pine.
(d) Rice balls.
5. What happens after Sookan is beaten at school?
(b) She is compensated financially.
(c) She is expelled.
(d) She goes to the principals office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grandfather used to have?
2. In Chapter 2, whose birthday is coming up?
3. After being caught having a feast, what does Grandfather ask the family to do?
4. What does Mother trade for food?
5. What is in the bag Mother obtains?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that it was wise of Grandfather to meditate under the tree?
2. Describe the setting of "Year of Impossible Goodbyes."
3. What does Sookan learn by rubbing Grandfather's feet?
4. Why don't the Sock Girls run away when Mother tells them to?
5. Who is the first person to ever beat Sookan and why?
6. Why does Mother give up her hairpin and what does she get for it?
7. What does Captain Narita do to punish the family for having a party?
8. How does Mother obtain gifts and food for Haiwon's party?
9. Why does Sookan wonder if the Japanese have god-like powers?
10. What happens when Captain Narita finds the family having a birthday party?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)