|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, whose birthday is coming up?
2. Who had captured and tortured Grandfather?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Koreans.
(d) The Japanese.
3. At school, who is nice to Sookan?
(a) Narita Sensei.
(d) No one.
4. After the factory is shut down, what is the family ordered to do?
(a) Sell their house.
(b) Send Sookan to school.
(c) Begin farming.
(d) Start a new factory.
5. What did the Japanese do to two of the towns the family had lived in?
(a) Looted them.
(b) Burned them.
(c) Quarantined them.
(d) Turned them into big cities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not speak after Grandfather's death?
2. Who used to publish an underground newspaper for Korean independence?
3. How long was Grandfather tortured before he was rescued?
4. What is wrong with Grandfather's feet?
5. What does Sookan rub on Grandfather once a day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sookan wonder if the Japanese have god-like powers?
2. Who is Sookan's teacher at school, and why is this significant?
3. After the Japanese evacuate, what happens to Unhi's brothers?
4. Who is the first person to ever beat Sookan and why?
5. What does the guide tell the children to do if their mother is captured? What do they actually do?
6. What happens at lunch during Sookan's first day at school?
7. How does the conductor help Sookan and Inchun?
8. How do Aunt Tiger and Mother feel about Communism and why?
9. Describe the guide who is to lead the family to the South.
10. After the Russians invade northern Korea, where is father and what is he doing?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)