|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Koreans hope will rescue them from foreign invaders?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Swiss.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Japanese.
2. Unhi's family is ___.
3. What do the interrogation soldiers tell Sookan and Inchun to do?
(a) Flee to Seoul.
(b) Go home.
(c) Stay at the guardhouse and wait for Mother.
(d) Flee to Manchuria.
4. Where do Sookan and Inchun sleep while looking for their mother?
(a) In a drainage ditch,
(b) In a treehouse.
(c) In a barn.
(d) In a hotel.
5. While at the guardhouse, Sookan and Inchun are interrogated ___.
(a) While blindfolded.
(b) Using torture.
6. After the Japanese leave, what flies next to the Korean flag?
(a) A white flag.
(b) The Russian flag.
(c) A Red Cross flag.
7. Who tells Sookan and Inchun to take a train back home?
(b) The Guide.
(c) The inn keeper.
8. What does Sookan's family give their guide as payment for taking them South?
(a) Sookan's first-born child.
(b) Verbal thanks.
(d) A bag of vegetables.
9. How is the guide who is to take the family south dressed?
(a) As a communist leader.
(b) As an American soldier.
(c) As a peasant farmer.
(d) As a Japanese soldier.
10. While escaping to the South, how do Sookan and Inchun cross the river?
(a) They take a raft.
(b) The walk over a fallen tree trunk.
(c) They climb the train trestle.
(d) They swim.
11. Why can't Sookan and Inchun stay at the inn?
(a) They have no money.
(b) It is not clean.
(c) It is not safe.
(d) They were not invited.
12. Who gives Sookan's family payment for the guide?
(c) Comrade Kim.
13. After the Japanese leave, what job does Sookan's father have?
(a) He is a Communist Party leader.
(b) He transports goods between the North and South.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a butcher.
14. At Little Proletariat School, what are the children encouraged to do?
(a) Learn about other cultures.
(b) Learn Spanish.
(c) Talk about their families.
(d) Talk about their personal goals.
15. Who makes arrangements for Sookan's family to flee to the South?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sookan reminded of when she looks at the soldiers that have broken into her house?
2. Who is at home when Sookan's house is robbed?
3. After the Japanese leave, who invades Korea?
4. What does Aunt Tiger give to Mother before the family flees to the South?
5. After Sookan and Inchun reach Seoul, what kind of business does Father start?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)