|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Sookan's family payment for the guide?
(c) Comrade Kim.
2. Where does the guide abandon Inchun and Sookan?
(a) At a bus station.
(b) At an inn.
(c) In a train car.
(d) In a field.
3. While searching for their mother, why do Inchun and Sookan look diseased?
(a) They are wearing hospital gowns.
(b) They are covered with mosquito bites.
(c) They are skinny and smell bad.
(d) They have swollen eyes and cough a lot.
4. What does Sookan's family give their guide as payment for taking them South?
(a) Sookan's first-born child.
(c) A bag of vegetables.
(d) Verbal thanks.
5. While escaping to the South, why must Sookan and Inchun lie down in a cornfield?
(a) To avoid the searchlight.
(b) To hide from the Japanese.
(c) To get good and muddy.
(d) That is where they must sleep.
6. After the Japanese leave, who supposedly will take care of the Koreans?
(a) Chinese missionaries.
(c) Mother Russia.
(d) Big Brother.
7. Where do Sookan and Inchun bravely go to look for their mother?
(a) A brothel.
(b) The guardhouse.
8. What does Aunt Tiger give to Mother before the family flees to the South?
(a) A new jacket.
(b) A fake passport.
9. What do Sookan and Inchun do after they have crossed the barbed wire fence into the South?
(a) Sleep in the grass.
(b) Do a happy dance.
(c) Shout taunts at the soldiers following them.
10. After reaching the South, who helped Sookan and Inchun locate Father's address?
(a) The Red Cross information center.
(c) The Yellow Pages representative.
(d) Russian soldiers.
11. What do the interrogation soldiers tell Sookan and Inchun to do?
(a) Flee to Manchuria.
(b) Go home.
(c) Stay at the guardhouse and wait for Mother.
(d) Flee to Seoul.
12. In the Worker's Paradise, what happens to traitors?
(a) They are deported.
(b) They are killed.
(c) They are re-conditioned.
13. What animals do Sookan and Inchun see at the guardhouse while searching for Mother?
14. Where does Kisa go to get medicine?
(a) The convent.
(c) The Japanese military.
(d) The black market.
15. In the Worker's Paradise, what must each person do every night?
(a) Salute the Korean flag.
(b) Sweep their porch.
(c) Attend town meetings.
(d) Praise American liberators.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives Sookan and Inchun from the guardhouse to the train staion?
2. Who do the Koreans hope will rescue them from foreign invaders?
3. After being invaded again, where does Sookan's family hide?
4. At Little Proletariat School, what are the children encouraged to do?
5. Where do Inchun and Sookan try to spend the night while looking for their mother?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)