|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Japanese leave, who supposedly will take care of the Koreans?
(a) Mother Russia.
(c) Chinese missionaries.
(d) Big Brother.
2. Who gives Sookan's family payment for the guide?
(c) Comrade Kim.
3. Who is Sookan reminded of when she looks at the soldiers that have broken into her house?
(a) Captain Narita.
(d) Father Carroll.
4. After the Japanese leave, what flies next to the Korean flag?
(a) A white flag.
(c) The Russian flag.
(d) A Red Cross flag.
5. Mother is waiting for the return of ___ from a labor camp.
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her husband and sons.
(c) Her brother.
6. After being invaded again, where does Sookan's family hide?
(a) At the convent.
(b) In a silo.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In the house.
7. Instead of "Town Reds," what does Aunt Tiger call the family?
(a) Country Reds.
(b) Phony Reds or Pinks.
(c) Town Black Sheep.
8. Why can't Sookan and Inchun stay at the inn?
(a) It is not clean.
(b) It is not safe.
(c) They were not invited.
(d) They have no money.
9. Where do Sookan and Inchun bravely go to look for their mother?
(c) The guardhouse.
(d) A brothel.
10. Who is the teacher of the Little Proletariat school?
(a) Narita Sensei.
(c) Comrade Natasha.
(d) Mrs. Kim.
11. What does Inchun do after Mother is detained at the border?
(a) He runs and jumps on her.
(b) Mother is not detained at the border.
(c) He acts as if nothing happened.
(d) He cries.
12. What does the nice Russian soldier give Sookan and Inchun?
(b) Orange juice.
(d) A comic book.
13. Who dies after returning from a labor camp?
(a) Unhi's brothers.
14. What do Sookan and Inchun do after they have crossed the barbed wire fence into the South?
(a) Shout taunts at the soldiers following them.
(b) Sleep in the grass.
(d) Do a happy dance.
15. At the town meeting, what color is the scarf everyone is given to wear?
Short Answer Questions
1. North Korea became Communist while South Korea became ___.
2. At Little Proletariat School, what are the children encouraged to do?
3. At the Little Proletariat School, what are the children given as an incentive to talk about their families?
4. While at the guardhouse, Sookan and Inchun are interrogated ___.
5. After reaching the South, who helped Sookan and Inchun locate Father's address?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)