|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of club does Sookan start at her new school in Seoul?
(a) A poetry club.
(b) A breakfast club.
(c) A survivors support group.
(d) A drama club.
2. In the summertime, who gets sick?
3. While searching for their mother, why do Inchun and Sookan look diseased?
(a) They are wearing hospital gowns.
(b) They have swollen eyes and cough a lot.
(c) They are skinny and smell bad.
(d) They are covered with mosquito bites.
4. In the Worker's Paradise, what happens to traitors?
(b) They are deported.
(c) They are re-conditioned.
(d) They are killed.
5. While searching for Mother, why does Sookan try to stay awake at night?
(a) To stand guard for Inchun.
(b) She is not tired.
(c) She likes to count her mosquito bites.
(d) She likes to look at the stars.
6. What is found in the house where Captain Narita lived?
(a) Dead bodies.
(b) Stockpiles of rice.
(c) A secret Buddhist shrine.
(d) A journal.
7. Due to Kisa's heavy involvement with the Party, what does Sookan's family receive first?
(d) New scarves.
8. Why can't Sookan and Inchun stay at the inn?
(a) They were not invited.
(b) It is not clean.
(c) They have no money.
(d) It is not safe.
9. At the town meetings, who is depicted in the portraits that are hung on the wall?
(a) Stalin and Lenin.
(b) Pat Morita and Jackie Chan.
(c) Atilla the Hun.
(d) Mozart and Beethoven.
10. While escaping to the South, how do Sookan and Inchun get through the barbed wire fence?
(a) They go around it.
(b) They use wire cutters.
(c) They climb over.
(d) They dig a small space and crawl under.
11. Who takes pity on Sookan and Inchun and tells them to meet him at the train station later that night?
(a) The young mother from the market.
(b) An old man with a broom.
12. Who drives Sookan and Inchun from the guardhouse to the train staion?
(a) The old man with a broom.
(c) The inn keeper.
(d) The young mother from the market.
13. Unhi's family is ___.
14. Who makes arrangements for Sookan's family to flee to the South?
15. Who is the nice soldier at the guardhouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Aunt Tiger's children?
2. Where do Sookan and Inchun bravely go to look for their mother?
3. After the Japanese leave, who supposedly will take care of the Koreans?
4. While being interrogated in the guardhouse, where do the children say they are going?
5. After the Japanese leave, what flies next to the Korean flag?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)