|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Hansin's family after he tells his teachers at school that a stranger came to visit one night?
(b) He is given an award.
(c) They all disappear.
(d) He becomes a School Red.
2. What year did war break out again in Korea?
3. As Sookan and Inchun are almost to the South, what do they hear behind them?
(a) Soldiers and dogs.
(b) A train in the distance.
(d) Their mother's voice.
4. Due to Kisa's heavy involvement with the Party, what does Sookan's family receive first?
(c) New scarves.
5. What do the interrogation soldiers tell Sookan and Inchun to do?
(a) Go home.
(b) Flee to Manchuria.
(c) Stay at the guardhouse and wait for Mother.
(d) Flee to Seoul.
6. North Korea became Communist while South Korea became ___.
(d) A monarchy.
7. Who makes arrangements for Sookan's family to flee to the South?
8. How is the guide who is to take the family south dressed?
(a) As a peasant farmer.
(b) As a Japanese soldier.
(c) As a communist leader.
(d) As an American soldier.
9. After Kisa returns from fetching medicine, what does the family dig up from under the house?
(a) Brightly colored Korean clothing.
(c) Their stockpile of rice.
(d) A dead cat.
10. After reaching the South, who helped Sookan and Inchun locate Father's address?
(a) The Red Cross information center.
(c) The Yellow Pages representative.
(d) Russian soldiers.
11. While trying to flee to the South, where are Mother and the children separated?
(a) In the train station.
(b) They are not separated.
(c) In a small corn field.
(d) In a mall.
12. After the Japanese leave, what job does Sookan's father have?
(a) He transports goods between the North and South.
(b) He is a butcher.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a Communist Party leader.
13. Who tells Sookan and Inchun about the police who monitor the train station?
(a) No one.
(b) The mother from the market.
(d) An old man.
14. After the Japanese leave, who invades Korea?
(b) The United States.
15. Who takes pity on Sookan and Inchun and tells them to meet him at the train station later that night?
(c) An old man with a broom.
(d) The young mother from the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Korea is invaded again, where are most young men sent?
2. Who is the nice soldier at the guardhouse?
3. At Little Proletariat School, what are the children encouraged to do?
4. What does the old man at the train station give to Sookan and Inchun?
5. How does the young mother at the market pay Sookan and Inchun for their help?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)