|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reaching the South, how do Inchun and Sookan get to Seoul?
(a) They walk.
(b) By bus.
(c) They fly in a helicopter.
(d) By train.
2. Unhi's family is ___.
3. In the Worker's Paradise, what happens to traitors?
(a) They are deported.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They are re-conditioned.
4. Who is the teacher of the Little Proletariat school?
(a) Narita Sensei.
(b) Mrs. Kim.
(c) Comrade Natasha.
5. Where is Korea divided in half?
(a) Korea is divided in half?
(b) Through the middle of Pyongyang.
(c) Through the middle of Seoul.
(d) At the thirty-eighth parallel.
6. What kind of club does Sookan start at her new school in Seoul?
(a) A survivors support group.
(b) A poetry club.
(c) A drama club.
(d) A breakfast club.
7. Why can't Sookan and Inchun stay at the inn?
(a) They were not invited.
(b) It is not clean.
(c) They have no money.
(d) It is not safe.
8. Where does the guide abandon Inchun and Sookan?
(a) In a train car.
(b) At an inn.
(c) In a field.
(d) At a bus station.
9. While escaping to the South, what cuts Sookan's feet?
(a) Random shards of glass.
(b) Metal rivets.
(c) Freshly-cut cornstalks.
10. While escaping to the South, how do Sookan and Inchun get through the barbed wire fence?
(a) They use wire cutters.
(b) They go around it.
(c) They dig a small space and crawl under.
(d) They climb over.
11. What animals do Sookan and Inchun see at the guardhouse while searching for Mother?
12. Who tells Sookan and Inchun to go to the back of the train and crawl underneath?
(a) The inn keeper.
(b) The guide.
(c) The conductor.
(d) The young mother from the market.
13. What does Sookan's family give their guide as payment for taking them South?
(a) A bag of vegetables.
(b) Sookan's first-born child.
(d) Verbal thanks.
14. Where do Sookan and Inchun sleep while looking for their mother?
(a) In a treehouse.
(b) In a drainage ditch,
(c) In a barn.
(d) In a hotel.
15. While escaping to the South, how do Sookan and Inchun cross the river?
(a) The walk over a fallen tree trunk.
(b) They climb the train trestle.
(c) They swim.
(d) They take a raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sookan and Inchun reach Seoul, what kind of business does Father start?
2. How is the guide who is to take the family south dressed?
3. Who is Sookan reminded of when she looks at the soldiers that have broken into her house?
4. What does the old man at the train station give to Sookan and Inchun?
5. What is the uniform in the Worker's Paradise?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)