|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Little Proletariat School, what are the children given as an incentive to talk about their families?
(a) Warm jackets.
2. How is Kisa related to Sookan's family?
(a) He is Mother's brother.
(b) He is not related.
(c) He is Aunt Tiger's husband.
(d) He is Father's nephew.
3. How do Sookan and Inchun help a young mother at the market?
(a) They cook for her.
(b) They babysit.
(c) They recruit customers.
(d) They watch for thieves.
4. Who is the nice soldier at the guardhouse?
5. Who is Sookan reminded of when she looks at the soldiers that have broken into her house?
(b) Captain Narita.
(d) Father Carroll.
6. When Sookan looks after Inchun, what does he call her?
7. In the Worker's Paradise, what happens to traitors?
(a) They are deported.
(b) They are killed.
(c) They are re-conditioned.
8. After being invaded again, where does Sookan's family hide?
(a) In a silo.
(b) In the house.
(c) In a tree.
(d) At the convent.
9. While searching for their mother, why do Inchun and Sookan look diseased?
(a) They are wearing hospital gowns.
(b) They have swollen eyes and cough a lot.
(c) They are covered with mosquito bites.
(d) They are skinny and smell bad.
10. Where does Kisa go to get medicine?
(a) The convent.
(b) The Japanese military.
(d) The black market.
11. What does the inn keeper give Sookan and Inchun?
(a) A new guide.
(b) Food wrapped in a hankerchief.
(c) Train tickets.
(d) An umbrella.
12. How does Mother finally reach the South?
(a) It doesn't say.
(b) By hitching a ride on a convoy.
(c) Via train.
(d) By crawling through a secret tunnel.
13. Whose family actually owns the home that Captain Narita had been living in?
(a) Unhi's family.
(b) Sookan's family.
(c) Haiwon's family.
(d) Kisa's family.
14. While at the guardhouse, Sookan and Inchun are interrogated ___.
(a) While blindfolded.
(b) Using torture.
15. While escaping to the South, what cuts Sookan's feet?
(a) Random shards of glass.
(b) Metal rivets.
(c) Freshly-cut cornstalks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes pity on Sookan and Inchun and tells them to meet him at the train station later that night?
2. What does Inchun do after Mother is detained at the border?
3. What is the uniform in the Worker's Paradise?
4. Where does the guide abandon Inchun and Sookan?
5. While escaping to the South, how do Sookan and Inchun cross the river?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)