|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Sookan and Inchun help a young mother at the market?
(a) They recruit customers.
(b) They babysit.
(c) They watch for thieves.
(d) They cook for her.
2. Who tells Sookan and Inchun to go to the back of the train and crawl underneath?
(a) The guide.
(b) The conductor.
(c) The young mother from the market.
(d) The inn keeper.
3. In the summertime, who gets sick?
4. Whose family actually owns the home that Captain Narita had been living in?
(a) Kisa's family.
(b) Sookan's family.
(c) Unhi's family.
(d) Haiwon's family.
5. Who is the first person in the story to embrace Communism?
(d) Mrs. Kim.
6. Where do Sookan and Inchun bravely go to look for their mother?
(b) A brothel.
(d) The guardhouse.
7. What do Sookan and Inchun do after they have crossed the barbed wire fence into the South?
(a) Shout taunts at the soldiers following them.
(b) Do a happy dance.
(d) Sleep in the grass.
8. After reaching the South, who immediately helps Sookan and Inchun?
(a) Russian soldiers.
(b) Red Cross workers.
(c) An friendly farmer.
9. Who seems more dedicated to Mother Russia than the Russians?
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Communist Koreans.
10. As Sookan and Inchun are almost to the South, what do they hear behind them?
(a) Soldiers and dogs.
(b) A train in the distance.
(c) Their mother's voice.
11. Using his job as a cover, what does Sookan's father do?
(a) Helps people escape to the South.
(b) Poisons Communist food.
(c) Recruits new Communists.
(d) Grows extra beans.
12. Who is the nice soldier at the guardhouse?
13. Mother is waiting for the return of ___ from a labor camp.
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her uncle.
(d) Her husband and sons.
14. What year did war break out again in Korea?
15. After Korea is invaded again, where are most young men sent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kisa go to get medicine?
2. What happened to Aunt Tiger's children?
3. Who is at home when Sookan's house is robbed?
4. After the Japanese leave, what flies next to the Korean flag?
5. What news does Kisa learn on his trip to get medicine?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)