|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person in the story to embrace Communism?
(c) Mrs. Kim.
2. What does the inn keeper give Sookan and Inchun?
(a) Train tickets.
(b) A new guide.
(c) Food wrapped in a hankerchief.
(d) An umbrella.
3. In the Worker's Paradise, what happens to traitors?
(a) They are re-conditioned.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They are deported.
4. After Kisa's trip to retrieve medicine, what do Sookan and Inchun do?
(a) Pray for Theresa's recovery.
(b) Collect rocks.
(c) Get jobs.
(d) Plant flowers.
5. At Little Proletariat School, what are the children encouraged to do?
(a) Talk about their families.
(b) Learn about other cultures.
(c) Talk about their personal goals.
(d) Learn Spanish.
6. While escaping to the South, what cuts Sookan's feet?
(a) Metal rivets.
(b) Random shards of glass.
(c) Freshly-cut cornstalks.
7. What happened to Aunt Tiger's children?
(a) They were sent to America.
(b) They are already in the South.
(c) They were killed by the Japanese.
(d) She never had any.
8. While escaping to the South, why does Sooken take off her shoes?
(a) She trades them for train tickets.
(b) To make less noise while she runs.
(c) She is stuck in quicksand and must escape.
(d) She likes the way the mud squishes between her toes.
9. What news does Kisa learn on his trip to get medicine?
(a) The rice crops are failing.
(b) The Korean president has died.
(c) Theresa is dying.
(d) The war is over.
10. Who is the nice soldier at the guardhouse?
11. Which word means "of course" in Korean?
12. Who tells Sookan and Inchun to go to the back of the train and crawl underneath?
(a) The guide.
(b) The conductor.
(c) The young mother from the market.
(d) The inn keeper.
13. Who is at home when Sookan's house is robbed?
(a) Sookan and Inchun.
(c) No one.
14. While being interrogated in the guardhouse, where do the children say they are going?
(b) Hong Kong.
15. How does the young mother at the market pay Sookan and Inchun for their help?
(a) She doesn't pay them.
(b) She gives them each a dollar.
(c) She gives them ears of corn.
(d) She takes them home and gives them a bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of "Town Reds," what does Aunt Tiger call the family?
2. What gets stolen from Sookan's house?
3. After the Japanese leave, who invades Korea?
4. When Sookan looks after Inchun, what does he call her?
5. After reaching the South, who immediately helps Sookan and Inchun?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)