|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals do Sookan and Inchun see at the guardhouse while searching for Mother?
2. What happened to Aunt Tiger's children?
(a) They were killed by the Japanese.
(b) They were sent to America.
(c) They are already in the South.
(d) She never had any.
3. Who tells Sookan and Inchun to take a train back home?
(a) The Guide.
(b) The inn keeper.
4. Who seems more dedicated to Mother Russia than the Russians?
(a) The Communist Koreans.
(b) The Americans.
5. After reaching the South, how do Inchun and Sookan get to Seoul?
(a) They walk.
(b) By bus.
(c) They fly in a helicopter.
(d) By train.
6. After the Japanese leave, what job does Sookan's father have?
(a) He transports goods between the North and South.
(b) He is a Communist Party leader.
(c) He is a butcher.
(d) He is a farmer.
7. Due to Kisa's heavy involvement with the Party, what does Sookan's family receive first?
(a) New scarves.
8. While escaping to the South, how do Sookan and Inchun get through the barbed wire fence?
(a) They use wire cutters.
(b) They go around it.
(c) They climb over.
(d) They dig a small space and crawl under.
9. What gets stolen from Sookan's house?
10. Where does Kisa go to get medicine?
(a) The black market.
(b) The convent.
(d) The Japanese military.
11. While planning their escape, what job does the family undertake in their home?
(a) Making shoes.
(b) Growing vegetables.
(c) Composing new Communist songs.
(d) Making posters and flags.
12. After Kisa's trip to retrieve medicine, what do Sookan and Inchun do?
(a) Get jobs.
(b) Plant flowers.
(c) Collect rocks.
(d) Pray for Theresa's recovery.
13. What happens to Hansin's family after he tells his teachers at school that a stranger came to visit one night?
(a) He is given an award.
(b) They all disappear.
(c) He becomes a School Red.
14. Mother is waiting for the return of ___ from a labor camp.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her husband and sons.
15. While at the guardhouse, Sookan and Inchun are interrogated ___.
(a) Using torture.
(d) While blindfolded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the uniform in the Worker's Paradise?
2. After the Japanese leave, what flies next to the Korean flag?
3. How does Mother finally reach the South?
4. Who takes pity on Sookan and Inchun and tells them to meet him at the train station later that night?
5. What is found in the house where Captain Narita lived?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)