|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose family actually owns the home that Captain Narita had been living in?
(a) Unhi's family.
(b) Kisa's family.
(c) Haiwon's family.
(d) Sookan's family.
2. Where does the guide abandon Inchun and Sookan?
(a) In a train car.
(b) At an inn.
(c) In a field.
(d) At a bus station.
3. After Korea is invaded again, where are most young men sent?
4. In the Worker's Paradise, what must each person do every night?
(a) Sweep their porch.
(b) Salute the Korean flag.
(c) Praise American liberators.
(d) Attend town meetings.
5. Which word means "of course" in Korean?
6. Who is the nice soldier at the guardhouse?
7. What year did war break out again in Korea?
8. At the Little Proletariat School, what are the children given as an incentive to talk about their families?
(a) Warm jackets.
9. After reaching the South, who immediately helps Sookan and Inchun?
(b) Red Cross workers.
(c) An friendly farmer.
(d) Russian soldiers.
10. What do the interrogation soldiers tell Sookan and Inchun to do?
(a) Flee to Manchuria.
(b) Flee to Seoul.
(c) Stay at the guardhouse and wait for Mother.
(d) Go home.
11. While escaping to the South, how do Sookan and Inchun cross the river?
(a) The walk over a fallen tree trunk.
(b) They climb the train trestle.
(c) They swim.
(d) They take a raft.
12. After the Japanese leave, who supposedly will take care of the Koreans?
(a) Mother Russia.
(c) Chinese missionaries.
(d) Big Brother.
13. As Sookan and Inchun are almost to the South, what do they hear behind them?
(a) Their mother's voice.
(c) A train in the distance.
(d) Soldiers and dogs.
14. While escaping to the South, how do Sookan and Inchun get through the barbed wire fence?
(a) They use wire cutters.
(b) They climb over.
(c) They dig a small space and crawl under.
(d) They go around it.
15. Where do Sookan and Inchun bravely go to look for their mother?
(a) The guardhouse.
(b) A brothel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sookan and Inchun do after they have crossed the barbed wire fence into the South?
2. While escaping to the South, what cuts Sookan's feet?
3. What gets stolen from Sookan's house?
4. What does the nice Russian soldier give Sookan and Inchun?
5. While being interrogated in the guardhouse, where do the children say they are going?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)