Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sookan's family plan to do when her father and brothers return home?
(a) Start a new sock factory.
(b) Flee to the south.
(c) Plant a vegetable garden.
(d) Become communists.
2. Who is the nice soldier at the guardhouse?
3. While at the guardhouse, Sookan and Inchun are interrogated ___.
(b) While blindfolded.
(d) Using torture.
4. While escaping to the South, why does Sooken take off her shoes?
(a) She likes the way the mud squishes between her toes.
(b) To make less noise while she runs.
(c) She trades them for train tickets.
(d) She is stuck in quicksand and must escape.
5. At the town meetings, who is depicted in the portraits that are hung on the wall?
(a) Stalin and Lenin.
(b) Mozart and Beethoven.
(c) Pat Morita and Jackie Chan.
(d) Atilla the Hun.
6. Who stays behind when the family flees to the South?
(c) No one.
(d) Kisa and Aunt Tiger.
7. After Korea is invaded again, where are most young men sent?
8. Unhi's family is ___.
9. After Kisa's trip to retrieve medicine, what do Sookan and Inchun do?
(a) Pray for Theresa's recovery.
(b) Collect rocks.
(c) Get jobs.
(d) Plant flowers.
10. Who tells Sookan and Inchun about the police who monitor the train station?
(a) An old man.
(b) No one.
(d) The mother from the market.
11. Why can't Sookan and Inchun stay at the inn?
(a) It is not clean.
(b) They have no money.
(c) It is not safe.
(d) They were not invited.
12. After being invaded again, where does Sookan's family hide?
(a) In a silo.
(b) In the house.
(c) At the convent.
(d) In a tree.
13. If caught trying to flee to the South, what are the children to say they are doing?
(a) Going to see their dying grandmother.
(b) Fleeing to the South.
(d) They are lost.
14. Due to Kisa's heavy involvement with the Party, what does Sookan's family receive first?
(a) New scarves.
15. Who is the teacher of the Little Proletariat school?
(a) Narita Sensei.
(b) Mrs. Kim.
(d) Comrade Natasha.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sookan and Inchun bravely go to look for their mother?
2. After the Japanese leave, who supposedly will take care of the Koreans?
3. While trying to flee to the South, where are Mother and the children separated?
4. How is the guide who is to take the family south dressed?
5. Instead of "Town Reds," what does Aunt Tiger call the family?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)