|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Japanese leave, what job does Sookan's father have?
(a) He is a Communist Party leader.
(b) He transports goods between the North and South.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a butcher.
2. After being invaded again, where does Sookan's family hide?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In the house.
(c) In a silo.
(d) At the convent.
3. Who is at home when Sookan's house is robbed?
(b) No one.
(d) Sookan and Inchun.
4. After reaching the South, who helped Sookan and Inchun locate Father's address?
(a) The Yellow Pages representative.
(c) Russian soldiers.
(d) The Red Cross information center.
5. Where does the guide abandon Inchun and Sookan?
(a) In a train car.
(b) In a field.
(c) At an inn.
(d) At a bus station.
6. How do Sookan and Inchun help a young mother at the market?
(a) They cook for her.
(b) They watch for thieves.
(c) They babysit.
(d) They recruit customers.
7. After the Japanese leave, what flies next to the Korean flag?
(a) The Russian flag.
(b) A white flag.
(d) A Red Cross flag.
8. After Sookan and Inchun reach Seoul, what kind of business does Father start?
(a) A soy sauce factory.
(b) A fortune cookie bakery.
(c) An accounting firm.
(d) A sock factory.
9. Who tells Sookan and Inchun to go to the back of the train and crawl underneath?
(a) The conductor.
(b) The young mother from the market.
(c) The inn keeper.
(d) The guide.
10. Whose family actually owns the home that Captain Narita had been living in?
(a) Sookan's family.
(b) Haiwon's family.
(c) Kisa's family.
(d) Unhi's family.
11. While trying to flee to the South, where are Mother and the children separated?
(a) They are not separated.
(b) In the train station.
(c) In a small corn field.
(d) In a mall.
12. After Korea is invaded again, where are most young men sent?
13. At Little Proletariat School, what are the children encouraged to do?
(a) Learn about other cultures.
(b) Learn Spanish.
(c) Talk about their personal goals.
(d) Talk about their families.
14. Who dies after returning from a labor camp?
(a) Unhi's brothers.
15. Who is the nice soldier at the guardhouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Aunt Tiger's children?
2. What happens to Hansin's family after he tells his teachers at school that a stranger came to visit one night?
3. After Kisa returns from fetching medicine, what does the family dig up from under the house?
4. While escaping to the South, how do Sookan and Inchun get through the barbed wire fence?
5. After reaching the South, how do Inchun and Sookan get to Seoul?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)