|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Japanese leave, what flies next to the Korean flag?
(a) The Russian flag.
(c) A white flag.
(d) A Red Cross flag.
2. At the Little Proletariat School, what are the children given as an incentive to talk about their families?
(d) Warm jackets.
3. What does the nice Russian soldier give Sookan and Inchun?
(a) Orange juice.
(c) A comic book.
4. At the town meetings, who is depicted in the portraits that are hung on the wall?
(a) Mozart and Beethoven.
(b) Stalin and Lenin.
(c) Pat Morita and Jackie Chan.
(d) Atilla the Hun.
5. Who tells Sookan and Inchun to go to the back of the train and crawl underneath?
(a) The conductor.
(b) The young mother from the market.
(c) The guide.
(d) The inn keeper.
6. Who is the nice soldier at the guardhouse?
7. Who tells Sookan and Inchun about the police who monitor the train station?
(a) The mother from the market.
(c) An old man.
(d) No one.
8. Where do Sookan and Inchun sleep while looking for their mother?
(a) In a barn.
(b) In a drainage ditch,
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In a treehouse.
9. Who tells Sookan and Inchun to take a train back home?
(a) The Guide.
(b) The inn keeper.
10. Who is the teacher of the Little Proletariat school?
(a) Comrade Natasha.
(c) Mrs. Kim.
(d) Narita Sensei.
11. After reaching the South, who helped Sookan and Inchun locate Father's address?
(a) The Red Cross information center.
(b) The Yellow Pages representative.
(d) Russian soldiers.
12. In the Worker's Paradise, what must each person do every night?
(a) Sweep their porch.
(b) Praise American liberators.
(c) Salute the Korean flag.
(d) Attend town meetings.
13. What does Sookan's family give their guide as payment for taking them South?
(a) Sookan's first-born child.
(c) A bag of vegetables.
(d) Verbal thanks.
14. Due to Kisa's heavy involvement with the Party, what does Sookan's family receive first?
(a) New scarves.
15. What do the interrogation soldiers tell Sookan and Inchun to do?
(a) Flee to Seoul.
(b) Go home.
(c) Stay at the guardhouse and wait for Mother.
(d) Flee to Manchuria.
Short Answer Questions
1. While searching for Mother, why does Sookan try to stay awake at night?
2. Why can't Sookan and Inchun stay at the inn?
3. Who takes pity on Sookan and Inchun and tells them to meet him at the train station later that night?
4. Who do the Koreans hope will rescue them from foreign invaders?
5. What is the uniform in the Worker's Paradise?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)