|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes arrangements for Sookan's family to flee to the South?
2. While planning their escape, what job does the family undertake in their home?
(a) Making posters and flags.
(b) Making shoes.
(c) Growing vegetables.
(d) Composing new Communist songs.
3. Who tells Sookan and Inchun to take a train back home?
(b) The inn keeper.
(d) The Guide.
4. While being interrogated in the guardhouse, where do the children say they are going?
(d) Hong Kong.
5. Who is at home when Sookan's house is robbed?
(b) No one.
(c) Sookan and Inchun.
6. Where do Inchun and Sookan try to spend the night while looking for their mother?
(a) The empty marketplace.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In a corn field.
(d) The train station.
7. In the summertime, who gets sick?
8. While at the guardhouse, Sookan and Inchun are interrogated ___.
(b) While blindfolded.
(d) Using torture.
9. After the Japanese leave, what flies next to the Korean flag?
(a) A white flag.
(b) The Russian flag.
(d) A Red Cross flag.
10. Who joins the Party in hopes of relieving any suspicions about Sookan's family?
(b) No one.
(d) Aunt Tiger.
11. After reaching the South, how do Inchun and Sookan get to Seoul?
(a) By train.
(b) They fly in a helicopter.
(c) They walk.
(d) By bus.
12. Who stays behind when the family flees to the South?
(b) Kisa and Aunt Tiger.
(c) No one.
13. While escaping to the South, why does Sooken take off her shoes?
(a) She trades them for train tickets.
(b) She is stuck in quicksand and must escape.
(c) She likes the way the mud squishes between her toes.
(d) To make less noise while she runs.
14. What does the inn keeper give Sookan and Inchun?
(a) Food wrapped in a hankerchief.
(b) Train tickets.
(c) A new guide.
(d) An umbrella.
15. What animals do Sookan and Inchun see at the guardhouse while searching for Mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Korea is invaded again, where are most young men sent?
2. Where is Korea divided in half?
3. How do Sookan and Inchun help a young mother at the market?
4. North Korea became Communist while South Korea became ___.
5. Who is the first person in the story to embrace Communism?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)