|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the bag Mother obtains?
2. What does Sookan rub on Grandfather once a day?
(a) Lemon oil.
(b) Lavender essence.
(c) Vick's Vaporub.
3. What happens after Sookan is beaten at school?
(a) She goes to the principals office.
(b) She is compensated financially.
(c) She is expelled.
4. After Captain Narita says that he wants to take away the workers to be Spirit Girls, what does Mother do?
(a) Nods her head.
(b) Begs Captain Narita not to take the girls away.
(c) Encourages the workers to be good Spirit Girls.
(d) Suggests they should become nurses instead.
5. Who had captured and tortured Grandfather?
(a) The Koreans.
(b) The Japanese.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Russians.
6. Who tries to prevent Sookan and Inchun from washing Grandfather's feet?
7. In Chapter 2, whose birthday is coming up?
8. How does Captain Narita believe the factory girls should feel about becoming Spirit Girls?
9. Who introduced Mother to Catholicism?
(a) Father Carroll.
10. Who is the factory supervisor?
11. What is a Spirit Girl?
(a) A cheerleader.
(b) A massage therapist.
(c) A sex slave.
(d) A spiritual advisor.
12. What do Sookan and Inchun water after the birthday feast debacle?
(a) The shrubs.
(b) The rock garden.
(c) The pine tree roots.
(d) The flowers.
13. Who teaches Sookan about Korean history and language?
(d) Aunt Tiger.
14. At Japanese school, who beats Sookan?
(a) Narita Sensei.
(c) Aunt Tiger.
15. Who is Narita Sensei?
(a) A local gardener.
(b) A Japanese nun.
(c) Sookan's schoolteacher.
(d) Sookan's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is there a radio hidden?
2. Who wrote "Year of Impossible Goodbyes"?
3. What "gifts" do Sookan and Inchun give all the factory workers?
4. Where does Mother travel to in order to get a birthday gift?
5. What do most Koreans eat?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)