|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Grandfather's feet?
(a) They are very rough.
(b) They have a fungus growing in the nails.
(c) He doesn't have feet.
(d) They are mangled and missing toenails.
2. Who wrote "Year of Impossible Goodbyes"?
(a) Yu Hua.
(b) Amy Tan.
(c) Banana Yoshimoto.
(d) Sook Nyul Choi.
3. What is in the bag Mother obtains?
4. What does Sookan want to plant?
5. What do most Koreans eat?
(a) Millet and barley.
(c) Wheat bread.
6. What is Mother's religion?
7. What does the family do to soothe Grandfather while he is sick?
(a) Brush his hair.
(b) Oil his skin.
(c) Give him a bath.
(d) Feed him broth.
8. What "gifts" do Sookan and Inchun give all the factory workers?
(a) Licorice gum balls.
(b) Sprigs of pine.
(c) Rice balls.
9. Who teaches Sookan about Korean history and language?
(b) Aunt Tiger.
10. What is a Spirit Girl?
(a) A spiritual advisor.
(b) A cheerleader.
(c) A sex slave.
(d) A massage therapist.
11. Why don't the factory workers run away instead of becoming Spirit Girls?
(a) They don't believe Captains Narita's threats.
(b) They have nowhere to go.
(c) They do actually try to run away.
(d) They want to be Spirit Girls.
12. When Sookan goes to school, what does she not know how to do?
(a) Speak Japanese.
(b) Do a cartwheel.
(c) Tie her shoes.
(d) Sit still.
13. What did Grandfather used to have?
(a) A kimono.
(b) A topknot.
(c) Ninja pants.
(d) A wok.
14. What does Grandfather do while the children are being told about their family?
15. How many factory workers are saved by the person who tries to prevent them from being taken away?
(a) Half of them.
(d) All of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, whose birthday is coming up?
2. Who catches the family having a feast?
3. How does Captain Narita believe the factory girls should feel about becoming Spirit Girls?
4. Whose life does Captain Narita threaten?
5. At school, who is nice to Sookan?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)