Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is there a radio hidden?
(a) In the basement of the convent,
(b) In the sock factory.
(c) In Grandfather's bottom drawer.
(d) In Aunt Tiger's wig.
2. How does Captain Narita believe the factory girls should feel about becoming Spirit Girls?
3. How many factory workers are saved by the person who tries to prevent them from being taken away?
(a) All of them.
(b) Half of them.
4. Who is Narita Sensei?
(a) Sookan's aunt.
(b) Sookan's schoolteacher.
(c) A Japanese nun.
(d) A local gardener.
5. What are the normal everyday dishes made of?
6. What did the Japanese do to two of the towns the family had lived in?
(a) Quarantined them.
(b) Burned them.
(c) Turned them into big cities.
(d) Looted them.
7. What does Sookan want to plant?
8. Who gossips during breaks from factory work?
(a) Captain Narita.
(b) Aunt Tiger.
9. What type of tree does Grandfather meditate under?
(a) A pine.
(b) A weeping willow.
(c) A giving tree.
(d) A ficus.
10. After Grandfather's death, who tries to make up for Mother's absent-mindedness?
(a) Sookan and Inchun.
11. What is Grandfather missing on one hand?
(a) A thumb.
12. What does "chun" mean?
13. How long was Grandfather tortured before he was rescued?
(a) A week.
(b) A year.
(c) Several months.
(d) Two days.
14. Who cries tears of joy at the birthday feast?
(d) Aunt Tiger.
15. What are the special feast dishes made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Captain Narita says that he wants to take away the workers to be Spirit Girls, what does Mother do?
2. Where does Mother travel to in order to get a birthday gift?
3. Who had captured and tortured Grandfather?
4. Who introduced Mother to Catholicism?
5. What does Captain Narita do to punish Grandfather?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)