|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Grandfather tortured before he was rescued?
(a) A year.
(b) Several months.
(c) A week.
(d) Two days.
2. Who is Sookan's favorite factory worker?
3. What heirloom did Sookan's mother save?
(a) A hairpin.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A tablecloth.
(d) A painting.
4. Who catches the family having a feast?
(a) Aunt Tiger.
(d) Captain Narita.
5. At school, who does Sookan have to stand next to in line?
(b) Narita Sensei.
6. Where is there a radio hidden?
(a) In Grandfather's bottom drawer.
(b) In the basement of the convent,
(c) In Aunt Tiger's wig.
(d) In the sock factory.
7. What were destroyed to make Shinto shrines?
(b) Buddhist shrines.
(c) Hindu shrines.
(d) Public parks.
8. What is Mother's religion?
9. Where does Mother travel to in order to get a birthday gift?
(a) Aunt Tiger's house.
(b) Grandmother's store.
(c) Theresa's convent.
(d) Japanese headquarters.
10. During her first day at school, what is confiscated from Sookan at lunchtime?
(a) Her food and lunchbox.
(b) Her book.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her pencils.
11. After being beaten at school, who is taking care of Sookan when she wakes up?
(c) Narita Sensei.
12. After the workers are taken away, who takes away all the factory equipment?
(a) Mother sells it to the highest bidder and he takes it away.
(b) Japanese soldiers.
(c) No one.
(d) The rental company.
13. After Grandfather's death, who tries to make up for Mother's absent-mindedness?
(a) Sookan and Inchun.
14. What is a Spirit Girl?
(a) A sex slave.
(b) A cheerleader.
(c) A spiritual advisor.
(d) A massage therapist.
15. What does Sookan want to plant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not speak after Grandfather's death?
2. Who asks Sookan and Inchun to wash Grandfather's feet?
3. What is wrong with Grandfather's feet?
4. Who teaches Sookan about Korean history and language?
5. Whose life does Captain Narita threaten?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)