|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the birthday feast is interrupted, what does Sookan wish for the first time in her life?
(a) She was dead.
(b) She had never been born.
(c) She was pretty.
(d) She was Japanese.
2. What happens to the person who tries to save the factory workers form being taken away?
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is taken away also.
(d) He is beaten.
3. At Japanese school, what do the students make?
(a) Simple weapons.
4. Where is there a radio hidden?
(a) In Aunt Tiger's wig.
(b) In the sock factory.
(c) In Grandfather's bottom drawer.
(d) In the basement of the convent,
5. What do most Koreans eat?
(b) Millet and barley.
(d) Wheat bread.
6. The Japanese would not let ___ visit Grandfather as he was sick and dying.
(b) A doctor.
(d) Aunt Tiger.
7. After the birthday feast, who hauls wood away from the family's yard?
(a) The nuns.
(b) The police.
(c) The sock girls.
(d) The neighborhood kids.
8. Who is Sookan's favorite factory worker?
9. Who is Narita Sensei married to?
(c) No one.
(d) Captain Narita.
10. What does "chun" mean?
11. When Sookan goes to school, what does she not know how to do?
(a) Tie her shoes.
(b) Sit still.
(c) Do a cartwheel.
(d) Speak Japanese.
12. Who used to publish an underground newspaper for Korean independence?
(d) Sookan's mother and father.
13. Who teaches Sookan about Korean history and language?
(a) Aunt Tiger.
14. What is wrong with Kisa?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is crippled.
(c) He is mute.
(d) He smells bad.
15. What is in the bag Mother obtains?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grandfather used to have?
2. What are the normal everyday dishes made of?
3. Whose life does Captain Narita threaten?
4. After being caught having a feast, what does Grandfather ask the family to do?
5. Who asks Sookan and Inchun to wash Grandfather's feet?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)