|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to prevent Sookan and Inchun from washing Grandfather's feet?
2. At Japanese school, what is against the rules to do?
(a) Make weapons.
(b) Scrub the floor.
(c) Praise the Japanese Emperor.
3. What do Sookan and Inchun water after the birthday feast debacle?
(a) The pine tree roots.
(b) The flowers.
(c) The shrubs.
(d) The rock garden.
4. Who does Grandfather want to tell the children about their family?
(d) Aunt Tiger.
5. Who tries to fight back as the factory girls are being taken away to be Spirit Girls?
(c) Uncle Tiger.
6. Who cries tears of joy at the birthday feast?
(b) Aunt Tiger.
7. What heirloom did Sookan's mother save?
(a) A hairpin.
(b) A tablecloth.
(c) A painting.
(d) A bracelet.
8. What is Mother's religion?
9. What does the family do to soothe Grandfather while he is sick?
(a) Brush his hair.
(b) Oil his skin.
(c) Feed him broth.
(d) Give him a bath.
10. Who tries to lift Inchun's spirits after the birthday feast is interrupted?
11. Where is there a radio hidden?
(a) In the basement of the convent,
(b) In Aunt Tiger's wig.
(c) In the sock factory.
(d) In Grandfather's bottom drawer.
12. After the workers are taken away, who takes away all the factory equipment?
(a) No one.
(b) The rental company.
(c) Japanese soldiers.
(d) Mother sells it to the highest bidder and he takes it away.
13. The Japanese would not let ___ visit Grandfather as he was sick and dying.
(a) Aunt Tiger.
(b) A doctor.
14. At Japanese school, who beats Sookan?
(a) Aunt Tiger.
(c) Narita Sensei.
15. How many factory workers are saved by the person who tries to prevent them from being taken away?
(c) All of them.
(d) Half of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the birthday feast is interrupted, what does Sookan wonder about the Japanese?
2. Where does Mother travel to in order to get a birthday gift?
3. What happens after Sookan is beaten at school?
4. What "gifts" do Sookan and Inchun give all the factory workers?
5. What were destroyed to make Shinto shrines?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)