|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Grandfather tortured before he was rescued?
(a) Two days.
(b) A week.
(c) Several months.
(d) A year.
2. Who tries to lift Inchun's spirits after the birthday feast is interrupted?
3. Who teaches Sookan about Korean history and language?
(c) Aunt Tiger.
4. What is Grandfather missing on one hand?
(b) A thumb.
5. After the workers are taken away, who takes away all the factory equipment?
(a) No one.
(b) Japanese soldiers.
(c) Mother sells it to the highest bidder and he takes it away.
(d) The rental company.
6. What does Captain Narita do to punish Grandfather?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Have the pine tree cut down.
(c) Steal his shoes.
(d) Beat him with a switch.
7. Who watches Grandfather meditate?
(a) Aunt Tiger.
8. What type of tree does Grandfather meditate under?
(a) A weeping willow.
(b) A giving tree.
(c) A ficus.
(d) A pine.
9. After Grandfather's death, what is Captain Narita's complaint about the factory?
(a) The factory workers make too much noise.
(b) There is not enough productivity.
(c) The socks it produces are defective.
(d) The Japanese army no longer needs socks.
10. What is Mother's religion?
11. At school, who is nice to Sookan?
(c) No one.
(d) Narita Sensei.
12. What did the Japanese do to two of the towns the family had lived in?
(a) Turned them into big cities.
(b) Quarantined them.
(c) Looted them.
(d) Burned them.
13. What does "chun" mean?
14. What happens when students wet their pants at school?
(a) They are sent home.
(b) They are given diapers.
(c) They have to change their clothes.
(d) They must scrub the floor.
15. After being beaten at school, who is taking care of Sookan when she wakes up?
(c) Narita Sensei.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Japanese school, what is against the rules to do?
2. After Captain Narita says that he wants to take away the workers to be Spirit Girls, what does Mother do?
3. After the factory is shut down, what is the family ordered to do?
4. After Grandfather's death, who tries to make up for Mother's absent-mindedness?
5. What special food does Mother get for the birthday feast?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)