|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Grandfather tortured before he was rescued?
(a) A year.
(b) A week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Several months.
2. What happens to the person who tries to save the factory workers form being taken away?
(b) He is taken away also.
(c) He is beaten.
(d) He is killed.
3. At Japanese school, who beats Sookan?
(a) Narita Sensei.
(c) Aunt Tiger.
4. What are the special feast dishes made of?
5. What "gifts" do Sookan and Inchun give all the factory workers?
(b) Licorice gum balls.
(c) Sprigs of pine.
(d) Rice balls.
6. At Japanese school, what do the students make?
(b) Simple weapons.
7. After Grandfather's death, who does Sookan think is punishing her?
(d) No one.
8. What birthday gift does Mother retrieve?
(a) A book.
(c) A radio.
(d) A bracelet.
9. What happens when students wet their pants at school?
(a) They are given diapers.
(b) They have to change their clothes.
(c) They must scrub the floor.
(d) They are sent home.
10. Who used to publish an underground newspaper for Korean independence?
(c) Sookan's mother and father.
11. What is wrong with Grandfather's feet?
(a) They are very rough.
(b) They have a fungus growing in the nails.
(c) They are mangled and missing toenails.
(d) He doesn't have feet.
12. After Grandfather's death, what is Captain Narita's complaint about the factory?
(a) The socks it produces are defective.
(b) The factory workers make too much noise.
(c) There is not enough productivity.
(d) The Japanese army no longer needs socks.
13. At school, who does Sookan have to stand next to in line?
(b) Narita Sensei.
14. What is a Spirit Girl?
(a) A massage therapist.
(b) A cheerleader.
(c) A sex slave.
(d) A spiritual advisor.
15. How does Captain Narita believe the factory girls should feel about becoming Spirit Girls?
Short Answer Questions
1. At school, who is nice to Sookan?
2. What does Sookan want to plant?
3. What do many of the women do who have been taken away to be Spirit Girls?
4. What happens after Sookan is beaten at school?
5. Who asks Sookan and Inchun to wash Grandfather's feet?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)