|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "chun" mean?
2. Who does Grandfather want to tell the children about their family?
(c) Aunt Tiger.
3. What heirloom did Sookan's mother save?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A hairpin.
(c) A tablecloth.
(d) A painting.
4. After being beaten at school, who is taking care of Sookan when she wakes up?
(c) Narita Sensei.
5. At school, who does Sookan have to stand next to in line?
(c) Narita Sensei.
6. After Grandfather's death, what is Captain Narita's complaint about the factory?
(a) The socks it produces are defective.
(b) There is not enough productivity.
(c) The factory workers make too much noise.
(d) The Japanese army no longer needs socks.
7. What are the special feast dishes made of?
8. Who had captured and tortured Grandfather?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The Japanese.
(c) The Koreans.
(d) The Americans.
9. After being caught having a feast, what does Grandfather ask the family to do?
(a) Help him escape to a convent.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Throw away his shoes.
(d) Participate in a ritual fast.
10. Who tries to prevent Sookan and Inchun from washing Grandfather's feet?
11. What type of tree does Grandfather meditate under?
(a) A giving tree.
(b) A ficus.
(c) A pine.
(d) A weeping willow.
12. Where is there a radio hidden?
(a) In Aunt Tiger's wig.
(b) In Grandfather's bottom drawer.
(c) In the sock factory.
(d) In the basement of the convent,
13. After Grandfather's death, who tries to make up for Mother's absent-mindedness?
(a) Sookan and Inchun.
14. After Grandfather's death, why does Sookan think she is being punished?
(a) Because she has angered Mother.
(b) Because she stole rice.
(c) Because she hates Captain Narita.
(d) Because she killed Grandfather.
15. During her first day at school, what is confiscated from Sookan at lunchtime?
(a) Her food and lunchbox.
(b) Her pencils.
(c) Her book.
(d) Her shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is made in the family factory?
2. After the birthday feast, who hauls wood away from the family's yard?
3. In what city does "Year of Impossible Goodbyes" take place?
4. What birthday gift does Mother retrieve?
5. How many factory workers are saved by the person who tries to prevent them from being taken away?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)