|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the young mother at the market pay Sookan and Inchun for their help?
(a) She gives them each a dollar.
(b) She doesn't pay them.
(c) She takes them home and gives them a bath.
(d) She gives them ears of corn.
2. What were destroyed to make Shinto shrines?
(a) Public parks.
(b) Hindu shrines.
(d) Buddhist shrines.
3. What has happened to Aunt Tiger's husband?
(a) He is probably dead.
(b) She was never married.
(c) He divorced her.
(d) He is in America.
4. After Kisa's trip to retrieve medicine, what do Sookan and Inchun do?
(a) Plant flowers.
(b) Pray for Theresa's recovery.
(c) Collect rocks.
(d) Get jobs.
5. What birthday gift does Mother retrieve?
(a) A book.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man at the train station give to Sookan and Inchun?
2. Who joins the Party in hopes of relieving any suspicions about Sookan's family?
3. At the Little Proletariat School, what are the children given as an incentive to talk about their families?
4. After the Japanese leave, what flies next to the Korean flag?
5. While escaping to the South, why does Sooken take off her shoes?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)