|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If caught trying to flee to the South, what are the children to say they are doing?
(a) They are lost.
(b) Going to see their dying grandmother.
(d) Fleeing to the South.
2. Who tells Sookan and Inchun to go to the back of the train and crawl underneath?
(a) The young mother from the market.
(b) The guide.
(c) The inn keeper.
(d) The conductor.
3. At the town meetings, who is depicted in the portraits that are hung on the wall?
(a) Atilla the Hun.
(b) Pat Morita and Jackie Chan.
(c) Stalin and Lenin.
(d) Mozart and Beethoven.
4. While escaping to the South, how do Sookan and Inchun cross the river?
(a) They swim.
(b) They climb the train trestle.
(c) They take a raft.
(d) The walk over a fallen tree trunk.
5. After Grandfather's death, what is Captain Narita's complaint about the factory?
(a) There is not enough productivity.
(b) The Japanese army no longer needs socks.
(c) The socks it produces are defective.
(d) The factory workers make too much noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. While searching for Mother, why does Sookan try to stay awake at night?
2. What is made in the family factory?
3. At Japanese school, who beats Sookan?
4. At the town meeting, what color is the scarf everyone is given to wear?
5. What is wrong with Grandfather's feet?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)