|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at the guardhouse, Sookan and Inchun are interrogated ___.
(b) While blindfolded.
(d) Using torture.
2. At the Little Proletariat School, what are the children given as an incentive to talk about their families?
(c) Warm jackets.
3. What does "chun" mean?
4. What heirloom did Sookan's mother save?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A painting.
(c) A hairpin.
(d) A tablecloth.
5. How does the young mother at the market pay Sookan and Inchun for their help?
(a) She gives them ears of corn.
(b) She takes them home and gives them a bath.
(c) She gives them each a dollar.
(d) She doesn't pay them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sookan goes to school, what does she not know how to do?
2. After Korea is invaded again, where are most young men sent?
3. How is the guide who is to take the family south dressed?
4. While escaping to the South, why must Sookan and Inchun lie down in a cornfield?
5. After Grandfather's death, who tries to make up for Mother's absent-mindedness?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)