|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Sookan and Inchun stay at the inn?
(a) It is not clean.
(b) It is not safe.
(c) They were not invited.
(d) They have no money.
2. At school, who does Sookan have to stand next to in line?
(c) Narita Sensei.
3. What does Captain Narita do to punish Grandfather?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Have the pine tree cut down.
(c) Steal his shoes.
(d) Beat him with a switch.
4. What animals do Sookan and Inchun see at the guardhouse while searching for Mother?
5. What do Sookan and Inchun do after they have crossed the barbed wire fence into the South?
(a) Do a happy dance.
(b) Shout taunts at the soldiers following them.
(c) Sleep in the grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the birthday feast is interrupted, what does Sookan wish for the first time in her life?
2. Who asks Sookan and Inchun to wash Grandfather's feet?
3. After the birthday feast is interrupted, what does Sookan wonder about the Japanese?
4. What did Grandfather used to have?
5. What gets stolen from Sookan's house?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)