|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the teacher of the Little Proletariat school?
(a) Mrs. Kim.
(b) Narita Sensei.
(d) Comrade Natasha.
2. In what city does "Year of Impossible Goodbyes" take place?
(b) San Francisco.
3. What were destroyed to make Shinto shrines?
(b) Hindu shrines.
(c) Buddhist shrines.
(d) Public parks.
4. After the birthday feast is interrupted, what does Sookan wish for the first time in her life?
(a) She had never been born.
(b) She was Japanese.
(c) She was pretty.
(d) She was dead.
5. What did Grandfather used to have?
(a) A topknot.
(b) Ninja pants.
(c) A wok.
(d) A kimono.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Little Proletariat School, what are the children encouraged to do?
2. Who is the first person in the story to embrace Communism?
3. Who does Sookan hate?
4. If caught trying to flee to the South, what are the children to say they are doing?
5. At the town meeting, what color is the scarf everyone is given to wear?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)