|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who watches Grandfather meditate?
(a) Aunt Tiger.
2. Who is Father Carroll?
(a) A University professor.
(b) An American missionary.
(c) Sookan's step-father.
(d) A homeless man.
3. After Grandfather's death, why does Sookan think she is being punished?
(a) Because she hates Captain Narita.
(b) Because she has angered Mother.
(c) Because she killed Grandfather.
(d) Because she stole rice.
4. Who does Grandfather want to tell the children about their family?
(d) Aunt Tiger.
5. What does the family do to soothe Grandfather while he is sick?
(a) Oil his skin.
(b) Brush his hair.
(c) Give him a bath.
(d) Feed him broth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cries tears of joy at the birthday feast?
2. Due to Kisa's heavy involvement with the Party, what does Sookan's family receive first?
3. After the factory is shut down, what is the family ordered to do?
4. What does Grandfather do while the children are being told about their family?
5. What does Sookan's family give their guide as payment for taking them South?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)