|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Grandfather's feet?
(a) He doesn't have feet.
(b) They are mangled and missing toenails.
(c) They have a fungus growing in the nails.
(d) They are very rough.
2. Who is the first person in the story to embrace Communism?
(b) Mrs. Kim.
3. Where does Kisa go to get medicine?
(a) The black market.
(c) The Japanese military.
(d) The convent.
4. After the factory is shut down, what is the family ordered to do?
(a) Begin farming.
(b) Send Sookan to school.
(c) Sell their house.
(d) Start a new factory.
5. Who is the narrator of "Year of Impossible Goodbyes"?
(d) It doesn't say.
Short Answer Questions
1. North Korea became Communist while South Korea became ___.
2. What has happened to Aunt Tiger's husband?
3. What happens to Hansin's family after he tells his teachers at school that a stranger came to visit one night?
4. Who watches Grandfather meditate?
5. Why don't the factory workers run away instead of becoming Spirit Girls?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)