|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Japanese would not let ___ visit Grandfather as he was sick and dying.
(b) Aunt Tiger.
(c) A doctor.
2. Who is Sookan reminded of when she looks at the soldiers that have broken into her house?
(a) Father Carroll.
(c) Captain Narita.
3. Which word means "of course" in Korean?
4. At Little Proletariat School, what are the children encouraged to do?
(a) Learn about other cultures.
(b) Learn Spanish.
(c) Talk about their personal goals.
(d) Talk about their families.
5. What do many of the women do who have been taken away to be Spirit Girls?
(a) Join the army.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Become nurses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the normal everyday dishes made of?
2. Who wrote "Year of Impossible Goodbyes"?
3. What birthday gift does Mother retrieve?
4. At Japanese school, what is against the rules to do?
5. After Grandfather's death, who does Sookan think is punishing her?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)