|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family do to soothe Grandfather while he is sick?
(a) Oil his skin.
(b) Brush his hair.
(c) Give him a bath.
(d) Feed him broth.
2. After the Japanese leave, what flies next to the Korean flag?
(b) A white flag.
(c) A Red Cross flag.
(d) The Russian flag.
3. Where is Korea divided in half?
(a) At the thirty-eighth parallel.
(b) Korea is divided in half?
(c) Through the middle of Seoul.
(d) Through the middle of Pyongyang.
4. How long was Grandfather tortured before he was rescued?
(a) A week.
(b) Two days.
(c) A year.
(d) Several months.
5. When Sookan goes to school, what can she not do?
(a) Speak Korean.
(b) Eat sandwiches.
(c) Wear shoes inside.
(d) Wear her hair in pigtails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sookan's family plan to do when her father and brothers return home?
2. Who tries to cheer up Mother after Grandfather dies?
3. After Korea is invaded again, where are most young men sent?
4. Who do the Koreans hope will rescue them from foreign invaders?
5. Who is the narrator of "Year of Impossible Goodbyes"?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)