|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the normal everyday dishes made of?
2. After the birthday feast is interrupted, what does Sookan wonder about the Japanese?
(a) Why they don't like birthday parties.
(b) If they really do have godlike powers.
(c) Why they smell funny.
(d) If they have souls.
3. What were destroyed to make Shinto shrines?
(a) Hindu shrines.
(b) Public parks.
(c) Buddhist shrines.
4. After being caught having a feast, what does Grandfather ask the family to do?
(a) Help him escape to a convent.
(b) Participate in a ritual fast.
(c) Throw away his shoes.
(d) Kill him.
5. Where does Mother travel to in order to get a birthday gift?
(a) Aunt Tiger's house.
(b) Theresa's convent.
(c) Grandmother's store.
(d) Japanese headquarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special food does Mother get for the birthday feast?
2. Who introduced Mother to Catholicism?
3. What does Sookan want to plant?
4. What did Grandfather used to have?
5. Who does Grandfather want to tell the children about their family?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)