|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of tree does Grandfather meditate under?
(a) A ficus.
(b) A weeping willow.
(c) A giving tree.
(d) A pine.
2. Who is the narrator of "Year of Impossible Goodbyes"?
(b) It doesn't say.
3. After the birthday feast is interrupted, what does Sookan wonder about the Japanese?
(a) Why they don't like birthday parties.
(b) Why they smell funny.
(c) If they have souls.
(d) If they really do have godlike powers.
4. What were destroyed to make Shinto shrines?
(a) Public parks.
(b) Hindu shrines.
(c) Buddhist shrines.
5. What are the normal everyday dishes made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Narita do to punish Grandfather?
2. Who catches the family having a feast?
3. What "gifts" do Sookan and Inchun give all the factory workers?
4. What does Sookan rub on Grandfather once a day?
5. What does the family do to soothe Grandfather while he is sick?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)