|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What heirloom did Sookan's mother save?
(a) A hairpin.
(b) A painting.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A tablecloth.
2. What special food does Mother get for the birthday feast?
(c) Ice Cream.
3. In what city does "Year of Impossible Goodbyes" take place?
(c) San Francisco.
4. What are the special feast dishes made of?
5. After the birthday feast is interrupted, what does Sookan wonder about the Japanese?
(a) If they really do have godlike powers.
(b) If they have souls.
(c) Why they smell funny.
(d) Why they don't like birthday parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Grandfather's feet?
2. Who is Father Carroll?
3. Whose life does Captain Narita threaten?
4. What type of tree does Grandfather meditate under?
5. Who is Sookan's favorite factory worker?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)