|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose life does Captain Narita threaten?
(a) Haiwon's life.
(b) Sookan's life.
(c) Grandfather's life.
(d) Inchun's life.
2. What is wrong with Kisa?
(a) He is crippled.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He smells bad.
(d) He is mute.
3. What "gifts" do Sookan and Inchun give all the factory workers?
(a) Rice balls.
(b) Licorice gum balls.
(d) Sprigs of pine.
4. What do most Koreans eat?
(b) Millet and barley.
(d) Wheat bread.
5. What did the Japanese do to two of the towns the family had lived in?
(a) Quarantined them.
(b) Turned them into big cities.
(c) Burned them.
(d) Looted them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sookan want to plant?
2. After the birthday feast is interrupted, what does Sookan wish for the first time in her life?
3. Who teaches Sookan about Korean history and language?
4. In what city does "Year of Impossible Goodbyes" take place?
5. What does Sookan rub on Grandfather once a day?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)