|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Grandfather's feet?
(a) They are mangled and missing toenails.
(b) They have a fungus growing in the nails.
(c) They are very rough.
(d) He doesn't have feet.
2. After being caught having a feast, what does Grandfather ask the family to do?
(a) Help him escape to a convent.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Participate in a ritual fast.
(d) Throw away his shoes.
3. Who tries to lift Inchun's spirits after the birthday feast is interrupted?
4. What were destroyed to make Shinto shrines?
(a) Hindu shrines.
(c) Public parks.
(d) Buddhist shrines.
5. Where does Mother travel to in order to get a birthday gift?
(a) Grandmother's store.
(b) Aunt Tiger's house.
(c) Theresa's convent.
(d) Japanese headquarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Japanese claim they are protecting Korea from?
2. What is Mother's religion?
3. In what city does "Year of Impossible Goodbyes" take place?
4. Who introduced Mother to Catholicism?
5. Who is the factory supervisor?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)