|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "Year of Impossible Goodbyes"?
(a) Banana Yoshimoto.
(b) Yu Hua.
(c) Amy Tan.
(d) Sook Nyul Choi.
2. After the birthday feast, who hauls wood away from the family's yard?
(a) The nuns.
(b) The police.
(c) The neighborhood kids.
(d) The sock girls.
3. Who is Sookan's favorite factory worker?
4. What special food does Mother get for the birthday feast?
(c) Ice Cream.
5. What does "chun" mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does "Year of Impossible Goodbyes" take place?
2. What were destroyed to make Shinto shrines?
3. What does Sookan want to plant?
4. What is made in the family factory?
5. What heirloom did Sookan's mother save?
This section contains 134 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)