|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mother travel to in order to get a birthday gift?
(a) Theresa's convent.
(b) Japanese headquarters.
(c) Grandmother's store.
(d) Aunt Tiger's house.
2. What did the Japanese do to two of the towns the family had lived in?
(a) Looted them.
(b) Quarantined them.
(c) Turned them into big cities.
(d) Burned them.
3. Who is Sookan reminded of when she looks at the soldiers that have broken into her house?
(c) Father Carroll.
(d) Captain Narita.
4. Which word means "of course" in Korean?
5. Who do the Koreans hope will rescue them from foreign invaders?
(a) The Japanese.
(b) The Swiss.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Year of Impossible Goodbyes"?
2. What does Grandfather do while the children are being told about their family?
3. What does the family do to soothe Grandfather while he is sick?
4. Who is the first person in the story to embrace Communism?
5. After being beaten at school, who is taking care of Sookan when she wakes up?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)