|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While trying to flee to the South, where are Mother and the children separated?
(a) They are not separated.
(b) In a small corn field.
(c) In the train station.
(d) In a mall.
2. Who is Narita Sensei?
(a) A Japanese nun.
(b) Sookan's schoolteacher.
(c) Sookan's aunt.
(d) A local gardener.
3. What is wrong with Grandfather's feet?
(a) They are mangled and missing toenails.
(b) He doesn't have feet.
(c) They are very rough.
(d) They have a fungus growing in the nails.
4. Who is Father Carroll?
(a) A University professor.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) Sookan's step-father.
(d) An American missionary.
5. What happens to Hansin's family after he tells his teachers at school that a stranger came to visit one night?
(b) He is given an award.
(c) They all disappear.
(d) He becomes a School Red.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes arrangements for Sookan's family to flee to the South?
2. Who does Grandfather want to tell the children about their family?
3. What are the normal everyday dishes made of?
4. What has happened to Aunt Tiger's husband?
5. What are the special feast dishes made of?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)