|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, whose birthday is coming up?
2. Who is Father Carroll?
(a) Sookan's step-father.
(b) An American missionary.
(c) A homeless man.
(d) A University professor.
3. What did the Japanese do to two of the towns the family had lived in?
(a) Burned them.
(b) Looted them.
(c) Turned them into big cities.
(d) Quarantined them.
4. Who introduced Mother to Catholicism?
(d) Father Carroll.
5. What "gifts" do Sookan and Inchun give all the factory workers?
(a) Rice balls.
(b) Licorice gum balls.
(d) Sprigs of pine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the factory supervisor?
2. Who watches Grandfather meditate?
3. What does Grandfather do while the children are being told about their family?
4. Who is the narrator of "Year of Impossible Goodbyes"?
5. Who tries to lift Inchun's spirits after the birthday feast is interrupted?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)