|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the birthday feast is interrupted, what does Sookan wish for the first time in her life?
(a) She was dead.
(b) She was pretty.
(c) She was Japanese.
(d) She had never been born.
2. What were destroyed to make Shinto shrines?
(a) Public parks.
(c) Hindu shrines.
(d) Buddhist shrines.
3. What does Sookan want to plant?
4. Who tries to prevent Sookan and Inchun from washing Grandfather's feet?
5. In what city does "Year of Impossible Goodbyes" take place?
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the birthday feast, who hauls wood away from the family's yard?
2. What does "chun" mean?
3. What are the special feast dishes made of?
4. After the birthday feast is interrupted, what does Sookan wonder about the Japanese?
5. Where does Mother travel to in order to get a birthday gift?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)