|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is there a radio hidden?
(a) In the basement of the convent,
(b) In the sock factory.
(c) In Aunt Tiger's wig.
(d) In Grandfather's bottom drawer.
2. What type of tree does Grandfather meditate under?
(a) A ficus.
(b) A pine.
(c) A giving tree.
(d) A weeping willow.
3. Who wrote "Year of Impossible Goodbyes"?
(a) Yu Hua.
(b) Amy Tan.
(c) Banana Yoshimoto.
(d) Sook Nyul Choi.
4. What does Captain Narita do to punish Grandfather?
(a) Have the pine tree cut down.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Steal his shoes.
(d) Beat him with a switch.
5. Who watches Grandfather meditate?
(c) Aunt Tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mother's religion?
2. Who asks Sookan and Inchun to wash Grandfather's feet?
3. Who is Father Carroll?
4. After the birthday feast, who hauls wood away from the family's yard?
5. What does "chun" mean?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)