|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the birthday feast, who hauls wood away from the family's yard?
(a) The nuns.
(b) The police.
(c) The sock girls.
(d) The neighborhood kids.
2. What type of tree does Grandfather meditate under?
(a) A weeping willow.
(b) A ficus.
(c) A giving tree.
(d) A pine.
3. What does Captain Narita do to punish Grandfather?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Have the pine tree cut down.
(c) Steal his shoes.
(d) Beat him with a switch.
4. In what city does "Year of Impossible Goodbyes" take place?
(a) San Francisco.
5. Who tries to prevent Sookan and Inchun from washing Grandfather's feet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is made in the family factory?
2. Who catches the family having a feast?
3. What is Grandfather missing on one hand?
4. After the birthday feast is interrupted, what does Sookan wonder about the Japanese?
5. What birthday gift does Mother retrieve?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)