|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Grandfather's death, who does Sookan think is punishing her?
(b) No one.
2. Where is there a radio hidden?
(a) In Grandfather's bottom drawer.
(b) In the sock factory.
(c) In the basement of the convent,
(d) In Aunt Tiger's wig.
3. What birthday gift does Mother retrieve?
(b) A radio.
(c) A book.
(d) A bracelet.
4. What are the old family photographs kept in?
(a) A photo album.
(b) A fire-damaged box.
(c) An envelope.
(d) A pillow case.
5. After the birthday feast is interrupted, what does Sookan wonder about the Japanese?
(a) Why they smell funny.
(b) Why they don't like birthday parties.
(c) If they really do have godlike powers.
(d) If they have souls.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Japanese school, who beats Sookan?
2. What does the family do to soothe Grandfather while he is sick?
3. What did the Japanese do to two of the towns the family had lived in?
4. After Grandfather's death, what is done to help make up for Mother's absent-mindedness?
5. How long was Grandfather tortured before he was rescued?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)