|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the birthday feast is interrupted, what does Sookan wonder about the Japanese?
(a) If they have souls.
(b) Why they don't like birthday parties.
(c) If they really do have godlike powers.
(d) Why they smell funny.
2. After Grandfather's death, who does Sookan think is punishing her?
(c) No one.
3. Whose life does Captain Narita threaten?
(a) Sookan's life.
(b) Haiwon's life.
(c) Grandfather's life.
(d) Inchun's life.
4. After Grandfather's death, what is done to help make up for Mother's absent-mindedness?
(a) Theresa helps with the housework.
(b) Sookan and Inchun help make, sort, and fold socks.
(c) Grandmother helps cook meals.
(d) Haiwon helps manage the sock factory.
5. At school, who is nice to Sookan?
(b) No one.
(c) Narita Sensei.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Korea is invaded again, where are most young men sent?
2. After Grandfather's death, what is Captain Narita's complaint about the factory?
3. The Japanese would not let ___ visit Grandfather as he was sick and dying.
4. During her first day at school, what does Sookan do at lunch?
5. What does Captain Narita do to punish Grandfather?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)