|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Grandfather's death, why does Sookan think she is being punished?
(a) Because she killed Grandfather.
(b) Because she has angered Mother.
(c) Because she hates Captain Narita.
(d) Because she stole rice.
2. Who dies after returning from a labor camp?
(c) Unhi's brothers.
3. What did the Japanese do to two of the towns the family had lived in?
(a) Looted them.
(b) Turned them into big cities.
(c) Burned them.
(d) Quarantined them.
4. After being beaten at school, who is taking care of Sookan when she wakes up?
(b) Narita Sensei.
5. What does Mother trade for food?
(a) Her last bracelet.
(b) A kimono.
(c) Her silver hairpin.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Japanese would not let ___ visit Grandfather as he was sick and dying.
2. During her first day at school, what is confiscated from Sookan at lunchtime?
3. Who does not speak after Grandfather's death?
4. What "gifts" do Sookan and Inchun give all the factory workers?
5. What happens to the person who tries to save the factory workers form being taken away?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)