|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At school, who does Sookan have to stand next to in line?
(c) Narita Sensei.
2. What happened to Aunt Tiger's children?
(a) They are already in the South.
(b) They were killed by the Japanese.
(c) She never had any.
(d) They were sent to America.
3. What does Sookan's family give their guide as payment for taking them South?
(a) Sookan's first-born child.
(b) A bag of vegetables.
(d) Verbal thanks.
4. While trying to flee to the South, where are Mother and the children separated?
(a) In a small corn field.
(b) In a mall.
(c) They are not separated.
(d) In the train station.
5. Who used to publish an underground newspaper for Korean independence?
(d) Sookan's mother and father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family do to soothe Grandfather while he is sick?
2. During her first day at school, what does Sookan do at lunch?
3. Where does the guide abandon Inchun and Sookan?
4. What happens after Sookan is beaten at school?
5. What did the Japanese do to two of the towns the family had lived in?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)