|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What may happen to visitors upon entering the village?
2. What fraction of adults have lost a parent, sibling or child to violence?
3. Which tribesman had died in the interim?
4. What is expected to be installed to assist in the new influx of people?
5. Larger villages are known for having secret:
Short Essay Questions
1. How many people has Moawa killed? How is he viewed by his people?
2. Discuss items given in trade and how they affect the relationships between tribes.
3. What is the purpose of avoiding the use of fire on the expedition?
4. Explain the fear involved in men marching off to a raid or to war.
5. Discuss the three main ways in which alliances are formed between tribes.
6. Explain how food fits into the typical trading scenario.
7. What are the most common reasons for declaring war?
8. What major event had great impact on the culture? Why?
9. What are some alternate names for the Mishimishimabowei-teri tribe?
10. What is the name for men who have killed? What is their place in the social sphere?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Amongst the tribes, thievery is common, although it is often referred to as "borrowing." Examine the moral aspects of this behavior and how it affects the relationships in the tribe as well as those with other villages.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the concept of the shaman with the medicine man and witch doctor. Which would be considered to be most important? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail the Yanomamo's views on cannibalism. What are the forms of cannibalism? Compare and contrast the two kinds. Is one better or worse than the other? What differentiates the two?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)