|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last month of the dry season?
2. Who is charged with protecting an abused woman?
3. Most wars fought by the tribes involve which of the following?
4. Which group tends to have the largest tribes?
5. Villages may be so far apart that it takes how many days to reach them on foot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the climate and how it affects the tribe.
2. How do the Yanomamo separate everything on earth?
3. Describe the work ethic of the tribe.
4. Examine the part of the diet of the Yanomamo that includes wild game.
5. Examine the differences in the lives of girls and boys.
6. Describe the basic facts of the Yanomamo.
7. What is the main dietary staple of the tribes?
8. Examine morning routines during peace and war times.
9. What is the basic explanation of the Yanomamo cosmos?
10. Describe the difference between the Yanomamo and their northern neighbors.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the concept of the shaman with the medicine man and witch doctor. Which would be considered to be most important? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Examine why it was an important event when Chagnon was given a tribal name. Also examine why it was significant when Chagnon received a second and different name. Why did Chagnon feel honored? How would you have felt in the author's shoes?
Essay Topic 3
Amongst the tribes, thievery is common, although it is often referred to as "borrowing." Examine the moral aspects of this behavior and how it affects the relationships in the tribe as well as those with other villages.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)