|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Bisaasi-teri tribe of Kaobawa live at the confluence of which two rivers?
2. What is often expected in exchange for assistance from another tribe?
3. Which is not among the things children are taught to identify at an early age?
4. Which of the following is not one of the items made by the tribe?
5. What is an important part of the tribe's mythology?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what other ways is poison used?
2. What expression is used among the Yanomamo for romantic love?
3. Describe the work ethic of the tribe.
4. Explain the Yanomamo concept of babies and their souls.
5. What are the Yanomamo views on cannibalism?
6. Describe the climate and how it affects the tribe.
7. Describe the Yanomamo view on jaguars and cannibalism.
8. What are the hallucinogens used and how are they prepared?
9. What is a "noreshi?" Why is it important?
10. What is the main dietary staple of the tribes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine why it was an important event when Chagnon was given a tribal name. Also examine why it was significant when Chagnon received a second and different name. Why did Chagnon feel honored? How would you have felt in the author's shoes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the precautions taken by women who may be in danger from other tribes as well as their own people. What precautions are generally taken? Who is responsible for protecting the women and children of the tribe? Name some scenarios in which a woman may face the greatest possible dangers.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the genealogy of the Yanomamo is recorded. Who is considered to be the head of the line? Which side is more important - the mother's side or the father's side? What restrictions are there on marriage within the tribe? What other cultures practice similar rules?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)