|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is often expected in exchange for assistance from another tribe?
2. For the tribes everything is put into which two categories?
3. Which animal is least desired as food?
4. Women work hard to protect which part of a child?
5. Women experience what occurrence rarely?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Yanomamo language.
2. Describe the work ethic of the tribe.
3. Explain the general concept of raising boys to be warriors.
4. How do the Yanomamo separate everything on earth?
5. Explain the basic structure of the village including the shabono.
6. Examine the differences in the lives of girls and boys.
7. Explain the Yanomamo concept of babies and their souls.
8. Discuss the mortality rate, its cause and resolution.
9. What is a "noreshi?" Why is it important?
10. Discuss the location and traveling habits of the Bisaasi-teri tribe.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the concept of the shaman with the medicine man and witch doctor. Which would be considered to be most important? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail the Yanomamo's views on cannibalism. What are the forms of cannibalism? Compare and contrast the two kinds. Is one better or worse than the other? What differentiates the two?
Essay Topic 3
Explain in detail the marriage preparation and rites of the Yanomamo. Who decides on the marriages? Who performs the ceremony? What is daily life like for a married couple? What are some of the reasons for divorce?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)