|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chagnon was missing from the tribal region during which two decades?
(a) 60s and 70s.
(b) 80s and 90s.
(c) 70s and 80s.
(d) 70s and 90s.
2. According to the Yanomamo, how many alternatives are there to warfare?
3. Who must accept the presence of the visitors?
4. Hunters are not allowed to consume:
(a) Choice foods.
(b) Foods they killed.
(c) Anything but water.
(d) The bones of relatives.
5. Who is not allowed to eat the "choice foods?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal frightens the warriors?
2. What is traded between Yanomamo and foreigners?
3. What was the cause of death?
4. Which is not a time when violence tends to break out?
5. Where was the warrior shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the formation of trust between tribes.
2. Discuss items given in trade and how they affect the relationships between tribes.
3. Why do the tribal leaders lie to each other?
4. Explain what takes place when a visitor or visiting tribe arrives for a feast.
5. During what time period is Chagnon absent from the villages?
6. Discuss the role of the hunter and how it affects the rest of the tribe.
7. What has changed about the living quarters of the Yanomamo people?
8. Explain how social rules differ for a feast.
9. What are some alternate names for the Mishimishimabowei-teri tribe?
10. How many people has Moawa killed? How is he viewed by his people?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)