|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of connections are possessed by Hukoshadadama?
2. According to the Yanomamo, how many alternatives are there to warfare?
3. Who has become a powerful person in Chagnon's absence?
4. What word can be used to describe tribes that do trade women?
5. What is traded between Yanomamo and foreigners?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the main reasons to form alliances?
2. Missionaries are most likely to have which item?
3. Who is the leader of the tribe?
4. Men who are afraid often find excuses to return to the village after how many days at war?
5. What was the name of Kaobawa's most beloved child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Chagnon's opinion of an outbreak of violence during a feast?
2. Explain how social rules differ for a feast.
3. Explain the fear involved in men marching off to a raid or to war.
4. Discuss the three main ways in which alliances are formed between tribes.
5. Discuss items given in trade and how they affect the relationships between tribes.
6. Who does Kaobawa choose to go along on the trip?
7. Explain what takes place when a visitor or visiting tribe arrives for a feast.
8. What has changed about the living quarters of the Yanomamo people?
9. What is the purpose of avoiding the use of fire on the expedition?
10. What is Chagnon's view of the peacemaking efforts between the two tribes?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)