|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one reason to borrow food?
(a) Special needs.
2. Chagnon disagrees that killers are given which of the following?
(a) Special stature.
3. The theft of what type of food is cause for warfare?
4. A raid is considered to be successful if how many of one's own people are killed?
(c) Less than 20.
(d) Less than 10.
5. Who has become a powerful person in Chagnon's absence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not allowed to eat the "choice foods?"
2. According to the Yanomamo, how many alternatives are there to warfare?
3. What is responsible for promoting strong bonds?
4. Who explains the way a successful raid is determined?
5. Larger villages are known for having secret:
Short Essay Questions
1. What percentage of adult males have killed once? More than once?
2. Describe the activities in larger tribes in regards to killing and adultery.
3. Name one of the most significant changes in the relationship between the Yanomamo and foreigners.
4. What are some alternate names for the Mishimishimabowei-teri tribe?
5. Explain how social rules differ for a feast.
6. What is Chagnon's view of the peacemaking efforts between the two tribes?
7. What has changed about the living quarters of the Yanomamo people?
8. Discuss the three main ways in which alliances are formed between tribes.
9. What is Chagnon's opinion of an outbreak of violence during a feast?
10. Explain how violence affects various members of the tribe.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)