|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the new name given to Chagnon?
2. Each village of capable of what?
(b) Basket weaving.
(c) Contacting the dead.
(d) Sustaining itself.
3. Where was the warrior shot?
4. What percentage of men are credited with killing more than one person?
5. Who explains the way a successful raid is determined?
Short Answer Questions
1. Kaobawa's presence suggests what?
2. Who initially accompanies Chagnon?
3. It takes a long time to develop what between tribes?
4. What is often attributed to neighboring and/or rival tribes?
5. Which is not typically taken during a raid?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Kaobawa choose to go along on the trip?
2. How many people has Moawa killed? How is he viewed by his people?
3. Describe the activities in larger tribes in regards to killing and adultery.
4. How does Chagnon compare Kaobawa and Moawa?
5. Explain what takes place when a visitor or visiting tribe arrives for a feast.
6. Explain the fear involved in men marching off to a raid or to war.
7. What has changed about the living quarters of the Yanomamo people?
8. What percentage of adult males have killed once? More than once?
9. During what time period is Chagnon absent from the villages?
10. Discuss the role of the hunter and how it affects the rest of the tribe.
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)