|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When approaching an enemy, raiders tend to avoid which of the following?
2. Which of the following is not an alternative?
(a) Club fights.
(c) Chest pounding.
(d) Side slapping.
3. What is the hope when trading women?
(a) Get a better one.
(b) Avoiding civil rights groups.
(c) Gaining more than the other tribe.
(d) Getting an especially fertile woman.
4. What are tribes apt to do to gain peace?
(a) Offer gifts.
5. What was the cause of death?
(a) Murdered in raid.
(b) Respiratory infection.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Bit by a poisonous snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chagnon is surprised to find more people living in what type of situation?
2. What may happen to visitors upon entering the village?
3. Which is not a time when violence tends to break out?
4. What kind of connections are possessed by Hukoshadadama?
5. What was the name of Kaobawa's most beloved child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some alternate names for the Mishimishimabowei-teri tribe?
2. Discuss items given in trade and how they affect the relationships between tribes.
3. Explain how social rules differ for a feast.
4. What is the name for men who have killed? What is their place in the social sphere?
5. How does Chagnon compare Kaobawa and Moawa?
6. Why do the tribal leaders lie to each other?
7. What are the most common reasons for declaring war?
8. Who does Kaobawa choose to go along on the trip?
9. What percentage of adult males have killed once? More than once?
10. What has changed about the living quarters of the Yanomamo people?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)