|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event was significant to the Yanomamo?
(b) Cutting down the rainforest.
(c) Gold rush.
(d) Industrial revolution.
2. Who is not allowed to eat the "choice foods?"
3. Men who have killed are often rewarded with which of the following?
(d) Extra food.
4. Which is the first tribe referenced in Chapter 7?
(a) Motawa tribe.
(b) Mishimishimabowei-teri tribe.
(c) Bisaasi-teri tribe.
(d) Hukoshadadama tribe.
5. Which of the following is not an alternative?
(b) Side slapping.
(c) Chest pounding.
(d) Club fights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which tribesman had died in the interim?
2. What percentage of men are credited with killing more than one person?
3. One tribe is almost always _______ to/with another.
4. Who initially accompanies Chagnon?
5. Brazilian officials ignore all complaints except for which ones?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many people has Moawa killed? How is he viewed by his people?
2. What has changed about the living quarters of the Yanomamo people?
3. Describe the activities in larger tribes in regards to killing and adultery.
4. What has changed about medical care for the Yanomamo?
5. Who does Kaobawa choose to go along on the trip?
6. What is Chagnon's opinion of an outbreak of violence during a feast?
7. Explain the fear involved in men marching off to a raid or to war.
8. Why do the tribal leaders lie to each other?
9. Discuss the three main ways in which alliances are formed between tribes.
10. What major event had great impact on the culture? Why?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)