|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the cause of death?
(a) Respiratory infection.
(b) Murdered in raid.
(c) Bit by a poisonous snake.
(d) Heart attack.
2. Larger villages are known for having secret:
(a) Trade partnerships.
(c) Hunting grounds.
3. Who tends to cook most of the food for the feasts?
4. A feast must include which of the following?
(a) Vegetables and plantains.
(b) Meat and vegetables.
(c) Meat and fresh water.
(d) Wine and music.
5. Who must accept the presence of the visitors?
Short Answer Questions
1. One tribe is almost always _______ to/with another.
2. What/who plays an important part in the events?
3. How many arrow points were taken from Matowa?
4. What is the name of the warrior that was shot?
5. What fraction of adults have lost a parent, sibling or child to violence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss items given in trade and how they affect the relationships between tribes.
2. Name one of the most significant changes in the relationship between the Yanomamo and foreigners.
3. How does Chagnon compare Kaobawa and Moawa?
4. How many people has Moawa killed? How is he viewed by his people?
5. What are the most common reasons for declaring war?
6. Explain how social rules differ for a feast.
7. Discuss the role of the hunter and how it affects the rest of the tribe.
8. During what time period is Chagnon absent from the villages?
9. Explain what takes place when a visitor or visiting tribe arrives for a feast.
10. What is the reaction of one of the tribal members regarding Chagnon's census?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)