|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The term "brother" is often used to describe:
(c) Other non-related men.
(d) Wild cats.
2. What is the name of the tribe's nearest neighbors?
3. This group also has a larger than average share of which of the following?
(a) Abducted women.
(b) Root crops.
(d) Modern tools.
4. Women dread:
(a) Loss of virginity.
(c) Being given to another tribe.
5. Smaller tribes are referred to as:
(a) Under tribes.
(b) Lesser tribes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fiber is most commonly used by the tribes?
2. What is one main chore for girls?
3. What is the Yanomamo word for "brother-in-law?"
4. What is a favored pastime of the tribe?
5. How many seasons exist in the lives of the Yanomamo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Yanomamo separate everything on earth?
2. What is the common practice in regards to sharing within the tribe?
3. What expression is used among the Yanomamo for romantic love?
4. Explain the Yanomamo concept of babies and their souls.
5. In what other ways is poison used?
6. What types of food would most likely be found in the tribe's gardens?
7. Examine the part of the diet of the Yanomamo that includes wild game.
8. Explain the items created out of technology in the Yanomamo tribe.
9. What indicates the passage of boy into manhood?
10. Explain how aggressive behavior affects the tribal life.
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)