|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Bisaasi-teri tribe of Kaobawa live at the confluence of which two rivers?
(a) Ventuari and Tucoyo.
(b) Orinoco and Mavaca.
(c) Apure and Orinoco.
(d) Mavaca and Portugeusa.
2. Chagnon often has difficulty finding which of the following?
(d) Place to sleep.
3. To which tribe does the helper belong?
(c) Upper Bisaasi-teri.
(d) Lower Bahimi.
4. What overcomes Chagnon on the first day in the field?
(d) Culture shock.
5. What is the last month of the dry season?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are corpses wrapped in if they die during an epidemic?
2. Villages may be so far apart that it takes how many days to reach them on foot?
3. What is the average length of a woman's ability to reproduce?
4. What is a common occurrence in the tribe?
5. What is the buhii?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the weapons used by the Yanomamo.
2. Describe the work ethic of the tribe.
3. What is the basic explanation of the Yanomamo cosmos?
4. Explain the general concept of raising boys to be warriors.
5. What are the Yanomamo views on cannibalism?
6. Examine morning routines during peace and war times.
7. Describe the difference between the Yanomamo and their northern neighbors.
8. Examine the differences in the lives of girls and boys.
9. Describe the climate and how it affects the tribe.
10. How do the Yanomamo separate everything on earth?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)