|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is maize?
(b) An ancient god.
(c) A type of shoe.
2. Storing people in a tree assists:
(a) The connection with tree spirits.
(b) Natural decomposition.
(d) Avoidance of animal feasting.
3. Women are seldom allowed to use which item?
4. Who are the legendary twins?
(a) Omawa and Yawikki.
(b) Kikkoman and Kon-tiki.
(c) Omaha and Yanomami.
(d) Omawa and Yoawa.
5. What is the average divorce rate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a shabono?
2. What is the Yanomamo word for "brother-in-law?"
3. What is done with the ashes of the dead?
4. The mortality rate is high for which sector of the tribe?
5. Which is not among the things children are taught to identify at an early age?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how aggressive behavior affects the tribal life.
2. What indicates the passage of boy into manhood?
3. How might a woman deal with an abusive husband?
4. Describe the climate and how it affects the tribe.
5. Describe how a girl is treated at the onset of the menstrual cycle.
6. What are the hallucinogens used and how are they prepared?
7. What types of food would most likely be found in the tribe's gardens?
8. Describe the basic facts of the Yanomamo.
9. What are the Yanomamo views on cannibalism?
10. Describe the Yanomamo view on jaguars and cannibalism.
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)