|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The term "brother" is often used to describe:
(b) Other non-related men.
(d) Wild cats.
2. What is avoided by the tribe?
(c) White men.
3. What food is commonly used in ritual?
4. What are corpses wrapped in if they die during an epidemic?
(a) Blessed blankets.
(b) Palm fronds.
(c) Animal hide.
5. This group also has a larger than average share of which of the following?
(a) Root crops.
(b) Abducted women.
(d) Modern tools.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word is often used to describe tribe members?
2. For the tribes everything is put into which two categories?
3. Which hallucinogen is commonly used by tribal members?
4. Women are seldom allowed to use which item?
5. What is another name for "Amahiri-teri?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the basic explanation of the Yanomamo cosmos?
2. How do the Yanomamo separate everything on earth?
3. Describe how a girl is treated at the onset of the menstrual cycle.
4. Describe the work ethic of the tribe.
5. Explain the general concept of raising boys to be warriors.
6. Examine the differences in the lives of girls and boys.
7. Describe the difference between the Yanomamo and their northern neighbors.
8. What types of food would most likely be found in the tribe's gardens?
9. Describe the Yanomamo language.
10. Explain the Yanomamo concept of babies and their souls.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)