|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food is commonly used in ritual?
2. It is important for children to learn about which of the following at a young age?
(a) Brotherly love.
3. Typically, what is the smallest number of people that live in a Yanomamo village?
4. What is an important part of the tribe's mythology?
5. This group also has a larger than average share of which of the following?
(a) Modern tools.
(b) Root crops.
(c) Abducted women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most wars fought by the tribes involve which of the following?
2. "Without tobacco" translates to the word:
3. What represents the spirit of a woman?
4. The sacrifice of what proves manhood?
5. Which of the following is a common gift from one tribe to another during relocation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a "noreshi?" Why is it important?
2. Describe how a girl is treated at the onset of the menstrual cycle.
3. What indicates the passage of boy into manhood?
4. Explain the general concept of raising boys to be warriors.
5. Discuss the mortality rate, its cause and resolution.
6. How might a woman deal with an abusive husband?
7. What types of food would most likely be found in the tribe's gardens?
8. In what other ways is poison used?
9. Describe the difference between the Yanomamo and their northern neighbors.
10. Explain the items created out of technology in the Yanomamo tribe.
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)