|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not one of the main reasons to form alliances?
(b) Exchanging women.
2. Chagnon is surprised to find more people living in what type of situation?
(c) Family homes.
(d) Larger cities.
3. What are tribes apt to do to gain peace?
(b) Offer gifts.
4. Yanomamo are likely to move to promote what?
5. Who tends to cook most of the food for the feasts?
6. Hunters are not allowed to consume:
(a) Choice foods.
(b) Foods they killed.
(c) The bones of relatives.
(d) Anything but water.
7. What is responsible for promoting strong bonds?
(a) Frequent visits.
(b) Tribal celebrations.
(c) Exchanging women.
8. What skill had some of the tribe attained in Chagnon's absence?
(a) Speak english.
9. Which tribesman had died in the interim?
10. Lack of warfare often goes hand in hand with:
(a) Intertribal marriages.
(b) Lending support.
(d) Food sharing.
11. How is the leader described by Chagnon?
12. Who is not allowed to eat the "choice foods?"
13. Which is not another name for the tribe?
(a) "Sibarariwa's village."
(b) "Moawa's village."
(c) "Bosikomima's village."
(d) "Plugged asshole's village."
14. What is the Yanomamo term for a man who has killed?
15. Who must accept the presence of the visitors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item is put into the care of the men?
2. What keeps tribes coming back to other villages?
3. When did Kaobawa's most beloved child die?
4. Which weapon is seldom used?
5. What is often attributed to neighboring and/or rival tribes?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)