|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is often attributed to neighboring and/or rival tribes?
(b) Unexpected rainfall.
(c) Calling down the moon.
2. What may happen to visitors upon entering the village?
(a) Are embraced heartily.
(b) Are presented with gifts.
(c) Examined for weapons.
(d) Get killed.
3. Who tends to cook most of the food for the feasts?
4. What is traded between Yanomamo and foreigners?
5. What word can be used to describe tribes that do trade women?
6. Nearby villagers are often accused of which act?
7. Who has become a powerful person in Chagnon's absence?
8. Lack of warfare often goes hand in hand with:
(a) Lending support.
(c) Intertribal marriages.
(d) Food sharing.
9. What item is put into the care of the men?
(a) Plantain soup.
(b) War paint.
(c) Fire building.
(d) Weapons preparation.
10. Chagnon was missing from the tribal region during which two decades?
(a) 80s and 90s.
(b) 70s and 90s.
(c) 60s and 70s.
(d) 70s and 80s.
11. Yanomamo are likely to move to promote what?
12. What is the first thing a neighboring tribe does upon entering a village?
(a) Present gifts.
(b) Sniff out potential enemies.
(c) Strike a pose.
(d) Offer food.
13. According to the Yanomamo, how many alternatives are there to warfare?
14. Which animal frightens the warriors?
15. How many arrow points were taken from Matowa?
Short Answer Questions
1. A raid is considered to be successful if how many of one's own people are killed?
2. What kind of connections are possessed by Hukoshadadama?
3. One tribe is almost always _______ to/with another.
4. What is expected to be installed to assist in the new influx of people?
5. What percentage of male deaths is the result of violence?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)