|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are tribes apt to do to gain peace?
(b) Offer gifts.
2. Which adjective best describes Chagnon's opinion about the continued pristine condition of some villages?
3. Yanomamo are likely to move to promote what?
4. What percentage of men are credited with killing more than one person?
5. Which is not a time when violence tends to break out?
(a) During feasts.
(b) During visits.
(c) During exchanges.
(d) During trading expeditions.
6. Which tribesman had died in the interim?
7. What adjective describes the neighbors as they wait for acceptance?
8. Each village of capable of what?
(a) Sustaining itself.
(b) Contacting the dead.
(c) Basket weaving.
9. Nearby villagers are often accused of which act?
10. Rerebawa is known to be which of the following?
(b) Medicine man.
11. One young man is angry that Chagnon keeps what in his computer?
(b) Ancestors' names.
(c) Photos of the tribes.
(d) Maps of the villages.
12. How is the leader described by Chagnon?
13. What item is put into the care of the men?
(a) War paint.
(b) Plantain soup.
(c) Fire building.
(d) Weapons preparation.
14. What word can be used to describe tribes that do trade women?
15. What skill had some of the tribe attained in Chagnon's absence?
(a) Speak english.
Short Answer Questions
1. What number is estimated by Chagnon of Yanomamo people that have died?
2. Kaobawa's presence suggests what?
3. What is expected to be installed to assist in the new influx of people?
4. What keeps tribes coming back to other villages?
5. What fraction of adults have lost a parent, sibling or child to violence?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)