|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word can be used to describe tribes that do trade women?
2. Who initially accompanies Chagnon?
3. What is expected to be installed to assist in the new influx of people?
(c) Traffic lights.
(d) Phone systems.
4. Rerebawa is known to be which of the following?
(c) Medicine man.
5. Who is not allowed to eat the "choice foods?"
6. What percentage of men have only killed once?
7. What is the Yanomamo term for a man who has killed?
8. What is responsible for promoting strong bonds?
(a) Tribal celebrations.
(c) Frequent visits.
(d) Exchanging women.
9. Nearby villagers are often accused of which act?
10. Chagnon disagrees that killers are given which of the following?
(d) Special stature.
11. What are tribes apt to do to gain peace?
(d) Offer gifts.
12. What number is estimated by Chagnon of Yanomamo people that have died?
13. What is the name for the container used for holding arrows?
14. Which tribesman had died in the interim?
15. Who has become a powerful person in Chagnon's absence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not a time when violence tends to break out?
2. Chagnon was missing from the tribal region during which two decades?
3. When approaching an enemy, raiders tend to avoid which of the following?
4. What/who plays an important part in the events?
5. Which is the first tribe referenced in Chapter 7?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)