|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word can be used to describe tribes that do trade women?
2. What is the hope when trading women?
(a) Getting an especially fertile woman.
(b) Gaining more than the other tribe.
(c) Avoiding civil rights groups.
(d) Get a better one.
3. How is the leader described by Chagnon?
4. Men who are afraid often find excuses to return to the village after how many days at war?
5. Which is not one of the main reasons to form alliances?
(c) Exchanging women.
6. What is not often returned immediately?
(c) Exchange gifts.
(d) Borrowed items.
7. When approaching an enemy, raiders tend to avoid which of the following?
8. Brazilian officials ignore all complaints except for which ones?
9. Lack of warfare often goes hand in hand with:
(a) Food sharing.
(c) Intertribal marriages.
(d) Lending support.
10. Which weapon is seldom used?
11. Which two tribesmen are related?
(a) Rerebawa and Hukoshadadama.
(b) Kaobawa and Dedeheiwa.
(c) Hukoshadadama and Dedeheiwa.
(d) Moawa and Rerebawa.
12. Nearby villagers are often accused of which act?
13. What kind of connections are possessed by Hukoshadadama?
14. Who is not allowed to eat the "choice foods?"
15. What was the cause of death?
(a) Murdered in raid.
(b) Respiratory infection.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Bit by a poisonous snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which tribesman had died in the interim?
2. A raid is considered to be successful if how many of one's own people are killed?
3. What percentage of male deaths is the result of violence?
4. What is responsible for promoting strong bonds?
5. What item is put into the care of the men?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)