|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fraction of adults have lost a parent, sibling or child to violence?
2. What was the name of Kaobawa's most beloved child?
3. What item is put into the care of the men?
(a) Weapons preparation.
(b) War paint.
(c) Fire building.
(d) Plantain soup.
4. Who is the leader of the tribe?
5. What skill had some of the tribe attained in Chagnon's absence?
(c) Speak english.
6. A member of the Yanomamo asks Chagnon about which invention?
(b) Atomic bomb.
7. What was the new name given to Chagnon?
8. Who initially accompanies Chagnon?
9. What are tribes apt to do to gain peace?
(b) Offer gifts.
10. Chagnon believes which of the following is most helpful to the Yanomamo living near the missions?
(a) Immunity to disease.
(b) Interaction with the outside world.
(c) Learning to use computers.
(d) Developing new skill sets.
11. Violent men are often rewarded for which attribute?
12. Chagnon refers to adults over which age losing a parent, sibling or child?
13. How many arrow points were taken from Matowa?
14. What adjective describes the neighbors as they wait for acceptance?
15. Which animal frightens the warriors?
Short Answer Questions
1. Kaobawa's presence suggests what?
2. What percentage of men are credited with killing more than one person?
3. What would result from Chagnon not visiting all tribes?
4. What/who plays an important part in the events?
5. Lack of warfare often goes hand in hand with:
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)