|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food is commonly used in ritual?
2. What is the name for a person's animal counterpart?
3. What item is commonly shared in the tribe?
4. Which group tends to have the largest tribes?
(b) Lower Tribes.
(c) Upper Tribes.
5. Who are the legendary twins?
(a) Omawa and Yoawa.
(b) Kikkoman and Kon-tiki.
(c) Omawa and Yawikki.
(d) Omaha and Yanomami.
6. How many gourds are used in the ritual?
7. What is the buhii?
(a) Food paste.
8. Clothing for the Yanomamo consists mainly of which of the following?
(c) Palm fronds.
9. Which is an early morning activity?
(a) Stoking fire.
(c) Cooking breakfast.
(d) Schooling children.
10. How many hours per day do the members of the tribe work?
11. Most wars fought by the tribes involve which of the following?
(b) Hunting ground.
12. Typically, what is the largest number of people that live in a Yanomamo village?
13. Which animal is least desired as food?
14. The term "brother" is often used to describe:
(a) Other non-related men.
(c) Wild cats.
15. Children often become:
(a) Cause for war.
(b) Traded away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many seasons exist in the lives of the Yanomamo?
2. Which word is often used to describe tribe members?
3. What is an important part of the tribe's mythology?
4. Which is not among the things children are taught to identify at an early age?
5. What are the two types of cannibalism?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)