|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the Yanomamo language?
2. What is avoided by the tribe?
(b) White men.
3. What is the name of one of the smaller tribes Chagnon wants to visit?
4. Chagnon quickly realizes he may have to abandon which task?
(a) Daily journal.
(b) Photo history.
5. Despite scant clothing, Chagnon refers to the people as being:
6. What item is commonly shared in the tribe?
7. Which is an early morning activity?
(a) Schooling children.
(b) Stoking fire.
(d) Cooking breakfast.
8. What is the name for a person's animal counterpart?
9. The Bisaasi-teri tribe of Kaobawa live at the confluence of which two rivers?
(a) Orinoco and Mavaca.
(b) Mavaca and Portugeusa.
(c) Ventuari and Tucoyo.
(d) Apure and Orinoco.
10. Women experience what occurrence rarely?
11. How many seasons exist in the lives of the Yanomamo?
12. Children often become:
(b) Traded away.
(d) Cause for war.
13. Which is not among the popular root crops?
(c) Sweet potatoes.
14. Which of the following is not one of the items made by the tribe?
(b) Sleeping mats.
15. Who is immune to attack?
(a) Anyone over age 50.
(b) Women with older children.
(d) Tribe shaman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boys are taught to be:
2. What adjective best describes older women?
3. What is the name of the tribe's nearest neighbors?
4. What food is commonly consumed by the tribe?
5. Smaller tribes are referred to as:
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)