|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is no word in the Yanomamo language for:
2. What item is commonly shared in the tribe?
3. Women experience what occurrence rarely?
4. How many seasons exist in the lives of the Yanomamo?
5. What food is commonly used in ritual?
6. What is another name for "Amahiri-teri?"
7. What is the average length of a woman's ability to reproduce?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 25 years.
8. Which group tends to have the largest tribes?
(a) Upper Tribes.
(b) Lower Tribes.
9. The mortality rate is high for which sector of the tribe?
10. Despite scant clothing, Chagnon refers to the people as being:
11. Who is charged with protecting an abused woman?
12. How long are the chosen submitted to fasting?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 days.
13. Which edible substance is not used for food?
(a) Turtle eggs.
(c) Arrow cane.
14. Chagnon often has difficulty finding which of the following?
(d) Place to sleep.
15. Tribe members jealously guard which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fiber is most commonly used by the tribes?
2. What ability is granted to the male animal counterpart?
3. Who are the legendary twins?
4. What word best describes the Yanomamo language?
5. "Without tobacco" translates to the word:
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)