|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Women work hard to protect which part of a child?
(b) Body temperature.
2. Which of the following is a common gift from one tribe to another during relocation?
3. The Bisaasi-teri tribe of Kaobawa live at the confluence of which two rivers?
(a) Ventuari and Tucoyo.
(b) Apure and Orinoco.
(c) Mavaca and Portugeusa.
(d) Orinoco and Mavaca.
4. What ability is granted to the male animal counterpart?
(a) It can disappear.
(b) It can live underwater.
(c) It can fly.
(d) It can be transferred.
5. What is often expected in exchange for assistance from another tribe?
(c) First born son.
(d) Sacrificial goat.
6. What is a shabono?
7. What is an important part of the tribe's mythology?
8. What item is commonly shared in the tribe?
9. Typically, what is the largest number of people that live in a Yanomamo village?
10. What food is commonly used in ritual?
11. Who is charged with protecting an abused woman?
12. What is the last month of the dry season?
13. Which animal is least desired as food?
14. Boys are taught to be:
15. Which is an early morning activity?
(b) Schooling children.
(c) Cooking breakfast.
(d) Stoking fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of one of the smaller tribes Chagnon wants to visit?
2. Men often practice which of the following with children?
3. What is the name of the tribe's nearest neighbors?
4. Which word is often used to describe tribe members?
5. What overcomes Chagnon on the first day in the field?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)