|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are corpses wrapped in if they die during an epidemic?
(a) Palm fronds.
(b) Blessed blankets.
(d) Animal hide.
2. Which group tends to have the largest tribes?
(a) Upper Tribes.
(b) Lower Tribes.
3. Children often become:
(c) Cause for war.
(d) Traded away.
4. What plays a major role in the lives of the Yanomamo?
5. Tribe members jealously guard which of the following?
6. Which hallucinogen is commonly used by tribal members?
7. Who is charged with protecting an abused woman?
8. What is the average length of a woman's ability to reproduce?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 25 years.
9. Women dread:
(a) Being given to another tribe.
(b) Loss of virginity.
10. What is avoided by the tribe?
(d) White men.
11. What item is commonly shared in the tribe?
12. What hallucinogen is consumed by tribe members after the period of fasting?
13. What overcomes Chagnon on the first day in the field?
(a) Culture shock.
14. What is a favored pastime of the tribe?
(c) Taking hallucinogenic drugs.
15. Which of the following is not one of the items made by the tribe?
(a) Sleeping mats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for a person's animal counterpart?
2. What does Kaobawa want to give to his brother?
3. Where does the female counterpart live?
4. What is a shabono?
5. What is the buhii?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)