|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is immune to attack?
(a) Tribe shaman.
(c) Women with older children.
(d) Anyone over age 50.
2. For the tribes everything is put into which two categories?
(a) Culture and War.
(b) Nature and Culture.
(c) Life and Death.
(d) Nature and Non-nature.
3. Which group tends to have the largest tribes?
(a) Lower Tribes.
(b) Upper Tribes.
4. How long are the chosen submitted to fasting?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 1 week.
5. The sacrifice of what proves manhood?
(c) Tribal leader.
6. What are corpses wrapped in if they die during an epidemic?
(a) Palm fronds.
(b) Blessed blankets.
(d) Animal hide.
7. Which is not among the popular root crops?
(b) Sweet potatoes.
8. What item is commonly shared in the tribe?
9. What does Kaobawa want to give to his brother?
10. What ability is granted to the male animal counterpart?
(a) It can live underwater.
(b) It can fly.
(c) It can be transferred.
(d) It can disappear.
11. It is important for children to learn about which of the following at a young age?
(c) Brotherly love.
12. What overcomes Chagnon on the first day in the field?
(d) Culture shock.
13. Which is not among the possessions of a "wealthy" woman?
(d) Puka shells.
14. How many hours per day do the members of the tribe work?
15. Typically, what is the smallest number of people that live in a Yanomamo village?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for "Amahiri-teri?"
2. The mortality rate is high for which sector of the tribe?
3. Chagnon quickly realizes he may have to abandon which task?
4. What item causes Bahimi to kill an infant?
5. Men often create effigies made out of what material?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)