|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "shabori?"
(a) Ceremonial chalice.
2. What is the average divorce rate?
3. What item causes Bahimi to kill an infant?
(b) Evil spirits.
(c) Tribal law.
4. What is most common for men?
(b) Violent death.
(d) Bad teeth.
5. What is often expected in exchange for assistance from another tribe?
(a) First born son.
(d) Sacrificial goat.
6. Which of the following is a common gift from one tribe to another during relocation?
7. What is another name for "Amahiri-teri?"
8. The term "brother" is often used to describe:
(b) Other non-related men.
(c) Wild cats.
9. Men often create effigies made out of what material?
10. What is one main chore for girls?
(a) Fetching water.
(b) Tending to elderly.
(c) Making arrows.
(d) Learning to count.
11. What is the name of one of the smaller tribes Chagnon wants to visit?
12. What is the name for a male spirit?
13. What is the name of the tribe's nearest neighbors?
14. What item is commonly shared in the tribe?
15. What is the first month of the dry season?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the female counterpart live?
2. Chagnon often has difficulty finding which of the following?
3. What is the last month of the dry season?
4. How many seasons exist in the lives of the Yanomamo?
5. Which is an early morning activity?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)