|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Astrakhan say he wanted to enroll in the writing class?
2. What item of Astrakhan's clothing does Joanne love?
3. What kind of neighborhood does Astrakhan have ambitions to live in?
4. Why does Joseph say he vomited?
5. What does Astrakhan say is permanently etched into his mind?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
What is Y2K? Why would the transition cause so many problems? How does Kopit use the hysteria surrounding Y2K to develop fear and tension in his play? How do the authorities safeguard against Y2K?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)