|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joseph say he spent the day?
2. Who introduces himself to Joseph in scene four?
3. Why does Astrakhan say he wanted to enroll in the writing class?
4. When does Astrakhan say the fun begins for hackers?
5. What does a student have to do to get into the writing class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Joseph's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he was at the end.
1. What did Joseph hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2. What events changes Joseph's ideas about life?
3. How has Joseph's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What problems do Joseph's generation face? How are the problems for Joseph's generation different to the problems Astrakhan generation face? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)