|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joseph say he uses as little as possible?
2. What quote does Astrakhan recite to Joanne?
3. What does Joanne tell Astrakhan at the end of the scene?
4. What does Astrakhan say is permanently etched into his mind?
5. What does Astrakhan state inspired him to read the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events in Astrakhan's early life influenced his decision to become a computer hacker? How different would Astrakhan's life have been if he was from a more supportive family?
Essay Topic 2
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)