|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Slake and McAlvane know Joseph is online six hours at a time?
2. What did Astrakhan's teacher tell him he should do?
3. What kind of photographer is Mapplethorpe?
4. Why did Astrakhan force Joanne to have sex with him?
5. Who told Astrakhan there was too much sex in his story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Joseph's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he was at the end.
1. What did Joseph hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2. What events changes Joseph's ideas about life?
3. How has Joseph's character changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)