|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Joseph tell Slake and McAlvane he rarely uses the Internet?
2. Where does act four take place?
3. Who told Astrakhan there was too much sex in his story?
4. What does Astrakhan refer to throughout his speech in scene four?
5. What item of Astrakhan's clothing does Joanne love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events in Astrakhan's early life influenced his decision to become a computer hacker? How different would Astrakhan's life have been if he was from a more supportive family?
Essay Topic 2
1. Imagine you have a friend who is a computer hacker.
2. Think about the damage computer hackers can do to other people and about the consequences of being caught.
3. Now write to convince your friend to stop being a computer hacker.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Joseph's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he was at the end.
1. What did Joseph hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2. What events changes Joseph's ideas about life?
3. How has Joseph's character changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)