|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does part five take place?
2. Why does Joseph say he vomited?
3. What does Astrakhan say he discovered?
4. What kind of writing did Astrakhan submit as a sample?
5. What did Astrakhan have to write about for his English teacher?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Y2K was published in 2000. Choose one of the following options and discuss how computers have developed since then:
3. Computer hackers.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Replace the play's New York setting with one of the following cities:
2. Los Angeles.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)