|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joseph drinking at the beginning of the scene?
2. What does Joseph say he uses as little as possible?
3. When does Astrakhan say the fun begins for hackers?
4. What best describes Joseph's neighborhood?
5. What does Astrakhan say he hopes to do more of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the construction of Kopit's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Kopit's argument?
Essay Topic 3
What problems do Joseph's generation face? How are the problems for Joseph's generation different to the problems Astrakhan generation face? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)